These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Rhea Feedback

First post First post
Author
Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#301 - 2014-12-09 20:35:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Harvey James
Raiko Adaavi wrote:
I absolutely hate the look of the new Caldari Ships, they don't even look finished. like texture and color is missing, esp the Navy ships. they removed the blue/gray digital camo, and made them flat 2 toned, spotty, rusty pieces of space trash. and the other variants with the new scratched up white stripes on them look horrendous. Its a step in the wrong direction artistically with the coloration etc, as well as technically with the texturing and washed out look. I loved the old ones, thought they looked amazing, I was all excited, logged in today, ran one mission in my navy drake and logged disgusted. can't say enough bad things about it! and that's pretty much the consensus in my corp and group of friends who play.

I'm also getting a lot more lag than i'm used to. I do like the cleaner simpler UI though... as well as all the new content (ships, wormhole systems, etc.)


its definitely laggier , drake looks like it needs too go through a spaceshipwash
PI is even harder now with the extra lag like it isn't fiddly enough already .. PI needs a complete redo

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#302 - 2014-12-09 20:36:10 UTC
Vasea Azure wrote:
I really like the update but:
Is there a chance to have a option to go back to the old UI - the generic, soulless Rhea icons on the left are horrible.
Pictorial UI ones were 100 times better and oryginal.
Please CCP let us choose between both.


I had seen them on sisi and when someone said something about them I had suggested that they were simply not textured yet. Seems I was wrong about that.
Kharnakh
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#303 - 2014-12-09 20:36:46 UTC
Ok, the new PBR is officially worse than the last time you messed with the ship colours.

The Gallente ships look like those god awful glass christmas tree ornaments you see in tat shops where everything's a little too shiny and a little too smooth to be in any way pleasing, and what exactly happened to the paint job on the Ishtar? It went from awesome graduated green/black to, well, yeah...

The rest of the ships now look like plastic kids toys.

I thought the whole point of these quicker release schedules was so that features that weren't ready didn't need to be rushed out in broken state and patched later?

Also, with the new UI, i've managed to get it back to the non-intrusive black that it always was, and i've managed to get rid of the blur that was stopping me actually see anything through the 'transparent' windows, but why is it now impossible to have some windows transparent and some opaque?

I'm sure the technology you've implemented these changes with is a step forward, but what you've rolled out as far as the UI and ship appearance stuff is just nasty =(
Promiscuous Female
GBS Logistics and Fives Support
#304 - 2014-12-09 20:37:09 UTC
Caviar Liberta wrote:
Vasea Azure wrote:
I really like the update but:
Is there a chance to have a option to go back to the old UI - the generic, soulless Rhea icons on the left are horrible.
Pictorial UI ones were 100 times better and oryginal.
Please CCP let us choose between both.


I had seen them on sisi and when someone said something about them I had suggested that they were simply not textured yet. Seems I was wrong about that.

why would a monochrome line art icon have a texture
Klapen
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#305 - 2014-12-09 20:38:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Klapen
Let me start by saying: its pretty bad when I actually get mad enough to logg on the forums and say something.


I logged on this morning after downloading the patch, looked at my ship hanger and said: wow this looks really bad.

The talos skin looks like it caught the plague, the paladin looks like it was out in the sun way to long and got burned (its not the good gold color anymore, its a really poopy brown) and this is the same with my vengance, my enyo looks like a fat stubby roach, you killed the nice flat camo look of my fav ship in the game: the gila.

http://i.imgur.com/PUA1QQS.png


I wont go into describing all the other ships I have and how much I really dislike how they look., althought I appreciate that the t3s look like they did last night before logging off.

I buy ships based on looks and if I like the way they look, esp the icons since I have to stare at them in station, over 1/2 my hanger now really looks bad and its frustrating.


how does this: http://i.imgur.com/ECOccic.png look like this: http://i.imgur.com/8HCXOgv.png in anyway


Vasea Azure wrote:

Is there a chance to have a option to go back to the old UI - the generic, soulless Rhea icons on the left are horrible.
Pictorial UI ones were 100 times better and oryginal.
Please CCP let us choose between both.


THIS MAN KNOWS ME.

Sizeof Void wrote:
The fade up/down effects on windows IS visually annoying, particularly when working with market orders, as others have stated.

At the very least, please add a button to allow us to turn it off.

Thank you.


THIS MAN ALSO KNOWS MY PAIN.

Raiko Adaavi wrote:
I absolutely hate the look of the new Caldari Ships, they don't even look finished. like texture and color is missing, esp the Navy ships. they removed the blue/gray digital camo, and made them flat 2 toned, spotty, rusty pieces of space trash. and the other variants with the new scratched up white stripes on them look horrendous. Its a step in the wrong direction artistically with the coloration etc, as well as technically with the texturing and washed out look. I loved the old ones, thought they looked amazing, I was all excited, logged in today, ran one mission in my navy drake and logged disgusted. can't say enough bad things about it! and that's pretty much the consensus in my corp and group of friends who play.


I KNOW MAN THEY KILLED MY GILA.

Kharnakh wrote:
Ok, the new PBR is officially worse than the last time you messed with the ship colours.

The Gallente ships look like those god awful glass christmas tree ornaments you see in tat shops where everything's a little too shiny and a little too smooth to be in any way pleasing, and what exactly happened to the paint job on the Ishtar? It went from awesome graduated green/black to, well, yeah...

The rest of the ships now look like plastic kids toys.

I thought the whole point of these quicker release schedules was so that features that weren't ready didn't need to be rushed out in broken state and patched later?

Also, with the new UI, i've managed to get it back to the non-intrusive black that it always was, and i've managed to get rid of the blur that was stopping me actually see anything through the 'transparent' windows, but why is it now impossible to have some windows transparent and some opaque?

I'm sure the technology you've implemented these changes with is a step forward, but what you've rolled out as far as the UI and ship appearance stuff is just nasty =(


I LOVE YOU FOR WHAT YOUVE SAID.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF CONFLAG CRYSTALS LET ME HAVE THE OPTION TO GO BACK TO THE OLD ICONS AND OLD UI WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO FLASH.

CCP THE SHIPS LOOK FAKE NOW.


Thank you for letting me vent,

Klapen, The Conflagbusinessman.


P.S. PLEASE LET ME GO BACK
Promiscuous Female
GBS Logistics and Fives Support
#306 - 2014-12-09 20:39:30 UTC
like is the icon not good enough unless we've slapped some nonsense onto it

yes i believe that all eve icons should have a paisley pattern, icons without paisley will literally cause me to vomit my lunchables all over my dungarees
Vasea Azure
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#307 - 2014-12-09 20:41:50 UTC
CCP should give us option to use old icons style if we dont like new ones. Simple.
Altrue
Exploration Frontier inc
Tactical-Retreat
#308 - 2014-12-09 20:42:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Altrue
The theme "Dark matter" shows almost no difference between selected items and not selected items in the hangar, display by icons.

Also please, give us the ability to create a custom theme with us able to pick the colors ourselves ! :)

Edit: Also yeah, monochrome icons are not bad, but after weeks of sisi testing they are definitely worse than colored icons. That's adding a layer of complexity for new AND old players, and its not needed at all.

Signature Tanking Best Tanking

[Ex-F] CEO - Eve-guides.fr

Ultimate Citadel Guide - 2016 EVE Career Chart

Vasea Azure
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#309 - 2014-12-09 20:43:45 UTC
Altrue wrote:

Also please, give us the ability to create a custom theme with us able to pick the colors ourselves ! :)


+1
Shalashaska Adam
Snakes and Lasers
#310 - 2014-12-09 20:48:54 UTC
BadAssMcKill wrote:

I'd say its hardly questionable when there's 7 pages of people complaining

Feedback is better than any study that says otherwise


Only when it's acted upon unfortunately.

This has not been the case with the Rhea testing and release.
Cyberman Mastermind
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#311 - 2014-12-09 20:49:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Cyberman Mastermind
Certainly looks very modern, that new UI.

"Modern" as in "low contrast, hard to distinguish if your pattern recognition isn't good"...
Can someone enlighten me if it's really helpful to someone that is colorblind if all colors are very close together?

Seriously, keep the icons if you have to, but throw in some more contrast - I'm using the Gallente color scheme (seems to be clostest to the previous Military Green) and in some windows the text is light green on dark green. Or light green on darker green when focus is lost.
How is that good UI design?

The "this skill enables" info is hard to distinguish - I actually had to click on the various levels to make sure they're not enabled, because I wasn't sure if the one highlighted square is highlighted because I clicked on it, or because it's the level that enables stuff.

Also, as others said, lose that annoying highlight to signal focus. Or at least make it instantly instead of that fading.
If I don't select a window, it shouldn't be highlighted. It seems the chat window is highlighted by default if I close another window. (maybe because it's the only other open window?)
Kharnakh
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#312 - 2014-12-09 20:52:31 UTC
Haha, it must be bad when half the thread is saying 'Just let us do it ourselves' =P
Avitus Grey
Doomheim
#313 - 2014-12-09 20:53:50 UTC
I really like some of the new PBR changes, especially on Amarr ships, which I think is where they really do it justice. Caldari ships look far too "matte" and "smooth" ... Almost like they're made of plastic rather than metal with any sort of texture to it. Some ships look plain bad, like the tail of the Incursus. It's almost completely chromed out and shiny, looks very poorly done. I think what made EVE look so gorgeous before was the detail on ships, but not most of that is gone. Caldari and Gallente ships in particular need far more "texture" or "color" (for Gallente).

The UI is better, IMO, but the station icons are far too small and need to be made larger.
Quack Nubbin
Flyfishing Ordealmasters Inc
#314 - 2014-12-09 20:53:59 UTC
Hate the UI - give me back color sliders please. I want a solid, non transparent BLACK background to my windows all these pastel colors make me want to take up knitting.

Ship looks odd in Amarr space - colors are washed out and it looks like it's made out of brownish mirrors.

Klapen
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#315 - 2014-12-09 20:54:54 UTC
Vasea Azure wrote:
CCP should give us option to use old icons style if we dont like new ones. Simple.



THIS.PLEASE.


Primary This Rifter
Mutual Fund of the Something
#316 - 2014-12-09 20:56:26 UTC
Longdrinks wrote:
please give us back color sliders for the ui, these new color sets are nifty but all of them are grey, drab and 2edgy4me. I liked bright colorful UI like this http://puu.sh/dl5pG/e40df518b8.jpg

Any UI that prevents you from creating abominations like that is already a win in my book regardless of what else it comes with.
Shinzhi Xadi
Doomheim
#317 - 2014-12-09 21:11:44 UTC
Just wanted to say the Paladin has never looked so good ! Its beautiful! The gold plating on it FINALLY looks like 24 karat gold.

On the new UI, I actually really like it. I would love to be able to assign custom colors to it, like for outlines, backgrounds, frames, etc.

Great work CCP !

Mac Pro dual 6-core Xeon 3.06ghz, 24gig ecc ram, EVGA GTX 680 Mac Edition, Intel SSD, OS X Yosemite and Windows 8.1 Pro.

Ocih
Space Mermaids
#318 - 2014-12-09 21:12:04 UTC
Can I have A6 wormholes back please?

I dutifully scan systems in a 3 jump radius and always pinpoint wormholes, all of them. I've done this for years. I get that Thera is the new super star right now and if I happen on to a Thera wormhole I will happily jump in with my T2 fit Anathema and let some one I don't care about blow it up in the bubble wall I encounter but between now and then, I'd like some of those wormholes that in many cases outnumber the jump gates, to not be Unknown parts of space?

I was hoping because my exploration habits conflict with your new treasure hunt I might gain tertiary benefit from it. A6 won't get anyone to Thera but does encourage general populations to jump through wormholes because they offer no threat. It removes the out of the gate hesitation with regards to wormholes in general. I've scanned out around 200 wormholes and A6 count is 0, zilch, zip, nadda.

Stop pissing in my cornflakes CCP.
Winter Unicorn
Requiem For Freedom
#319 - 2014-12-09 21:12:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Winter Unicorn
Annoying icons (because I must to focus on them to distinguish) and irritating color schemes. I could not find any lucid color scheme that would be pleasing to my eyes and no one without that stupid contrast on the selected item.
Could you give me back the choice of color as before using the RGB?

_Обвинение компании в неуважении игроков, является недопустимым на форуме (с) Сотрудник CCP _

Rhea Rankin Nolen
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#320 - 2014-12-09 21:13:19 UTC
The neocom icons are not as bad as I thought they would be. I appreciate the option to increase or decrease their size.

Station icons are however horrendous. Please remake them to something more serious looking. As a point of reference the old ones looked perfectly fine.

New map is pretty bling. Didn't yet fully get it, but hope it has all the functionality of the old map ie. fast route planning for a roam etc.

New ship models are pretty sweet. I like how Onyx and Moa look like now. I know it was mentioned that the new course for models is primarily symmetric, but could you please add just a little bit of asymmetry. Especially to Caldari ships. A few details here and there, maybe a slightly different looking side. Something that could be called symmetric asimmetry, just so the ships have that unique EVE feel to them.

Also UI colors need more presets and customization. Cant get the same blue preset (think it was "blue pearl") I had pre-patch.