These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page
 

Date formats

First post First post
Author
Pugilismus
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#1 - 2014-12-05 09:59:16 UTC
Am I the only one (I hear now the chorus of YES!) who is forced to do a double-take when looking at dates in the launcher and elsewhere because CCP insists on using US-format dates (mmddyy) when the rest of the world uses ddmmyy?

It's not a huge deal but it is a bit annoying - CCP, can you please start to use the worldwide standard for dates? It's more logical too!
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2014-12-05 10:01:58 UTC
Pugilismus wrote:
Am I the only one (I hear now the chorus of YES!) who is forced to do a double-take when looking at dates in the launcher and elsewhere because CCP insists on using US-format dates (mmddyy) when the rest of the world uses ddmmyy?

It's not a huge deal but it is a bit annoying - CCP, can you please start to use the worldwide standard for dates? It's more logical too!


Wait.... there are countries other than America?

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Arronicus
Fusion Enterprises Ltd
Pandemic Horde
#3 - 2014-12-05 10:04:19 UTC
They're not exactly consistent on formats, the game uses American English instead of European English for the spelling of words.
Mr M
Sebiestor Tribe
#4 - 2014-12-05 10:26:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Mr M
No. Please CCP, learn to ISO 8601.

Share your experience

Write for the EVE Tribune

www.eve-tribune.com

Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#5 - 2014-12-05 12:14:55 UTC
8601 ftw.

I like date formats which can be sorted with a numeric sort.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#6 - 2014-12-05 12:53:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Chribba
I laughed a bit at the part of OP's post where he say that the rest of the world uses ddmmyy...

Obligaroty http://xkcd.com/1179/

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

admiral root
Red Galaxy
#7 - 2014-12-05 13:01:57 UTC
Relevant. Big smile

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2014-12-05 15:54:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Caviar Liberta
Arronicus wrote:
They're not exactly consistent on formats, the game uses American English instead of European English for the spelling of words.


When you say European English you mean British English.

oh and I'll just leave this here for ya.

13th of Kislev, 5775
Pugilismus
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#9 - 2014-12-05 16:26:03 UTC
Mr M wrote:
No. Please CCP, learn to ISO 8601.

ISO 8601 would be fine. It's that mmddyy thing (thanks Chribba!).
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#10 - 2014-12-05 16:38:47 UTC
admiral root wrote:

Explains the Ohio pyramids.
Cassie Celestis
Doomheim
#11 - 2014-12-05 18:05:19 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:


Wait.... there are countries other than America?


Damn you....you gave it away!
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#12 - 2014-12-05 18:20:45 UTC
I demand that everything CCP does be personalized to my exact specifications! EVERYTHING!

All weights will be measured in buckets of Mackrel!

All speeds shall be measured in knots!

All distances shall be measured in paces!

All time shall be metric!

THERE WILL BE BRAILLE SUPPORT!

All technical support resolutions shall require the sacrifice of a live chicken!

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#13 - 2014-12-05 18:37:42 UTC
I'm all for it, metric too.

My only problem is being growing up and living with these messed up systems and constantly double taking and mentally recalculating until I'm familiar with it.

The Drake is a Lie

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2014-12-05 18:53:37 UTC
Well, gotta give creds to CCP for consistently being inconsistent.

Forum and Game time stamp is yyyy-mm-dd
Evelopedia time stamp is dd-mm-yyyy
Launcher time stamp is mm-dd-yyyy

Roll



DMC


CCP Falcon
#15 - 2014-12-05 19:22:21 UTC
admiral root wrote:


Revenant:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/0JayDsf.png[/img]

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Winter Archipelago
Autumn Industrial Enterprises
#16 - 2014-12-05 19:28:50 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
admiral root wrote:


Revenant:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/0JayDsf.png[/img]

The Revenant is proof that CCP are coprophiliacs :(
Jean Luc Lemmont
Carebears on Fire
Viral Society
#17 - 2014-12-05 19:51:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Jean Luc Lemmont
Winter Archipelago wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
admiral root wrote:


Revenant:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/0JayDsf.png[/img]

The Revenant is proof that CCP are coprophiliacs :(


I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If your poo looks like that, you have serious issues and should seek medical attention.

Also, Grrrr Falcon and his forum dev hacks.

And I still prfer wring my dates the way the military taught me:

05-Dec-2014

Will I get banned for boxing!?!?!

This thread has degenerated to the point it's become like two bald men fighting over a comb. -- Doc Fury

It's bonuses, not boni, you cretins.

Rosewalker
Khumaak Flying Circus
#18 - 2014-12-05 19:54:38 UTC
Caviar Liberta wrote:
Arronicus wrote:
They're not exactly consistent on formats, the game uses American English instead of European English for the spelling of words.


When you say European English you mean British English.

oh and I'll just leave this here for ya.

13th of Kislev, 5775


Well, after the Brits invaded and occupied Iceland back in 1940, it's more polite to use "European" rather than "British". Even though the Icelandic Coast Guard has beaten the Royal Navy three times since.

Icelandic Coast Guard, best coast guard Cool

The Nosy Gamer - CCP Random: "hehe, falls under the category: nice try, but no. ;)"

kes88
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2014-12-05 21:39:12 UTC
Jean Luc Lemmont wrote:
Winter Archipelago wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
admiral root wrote:


Revenant:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/0JayDsf.png[/img]

The Revenant is proof that CCP are coprophiliacs :(


I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If your poo looks like that, you have serious issues and should seek medical attention.

Also, Grrrr Falcon and his forum dev hacks.

And I still prfer wring my dates the way the military taught me:

05-Dec-2014


In fairness, I don't think folks think it looks like an actual poo; it just has slightly pooey curves.
dark heartt
#20 - 2014-12-06 04:09:32 UTC
Chribba wrote:
I laughed a bit at the part of OP's post where he say that the rest of the world uses ddmmyy...

Obligaroty http://xkcd.com/1179/

/c


I've always been partial to writing the date inside the silhouette of a hissing cat. You mean to tell me this isn't ISO standard?
123Next page