These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

A new Ninja Salvage/Looting thread!

Author
Isu Okaski
The Break Room
#1 - 2011-12-16 14:02:26 UTC
OK so not sure if this is the correct place for this thread, don't want to get any carebears angry!

Anyways, some background: My character is a new 3m SP Caldari. He was born directly into my buddy's PvP corp and doesn't have much PvE experience. I can fly a Raven and have the standings to do Lv4 missions but can't quite run them efficiently(lots of warping out and sometimes there is a BS tank I cannot break). I have been brainstorming ways to fund my PvP addiction. I tried mining for a week and made decent ISK in an Osprey, but without putting SPs into it I won't make as much as I want to, and I really did not enjoy the time I spent shooting rocks. So I have been considering doing some ninja salvage/looting as an income generator until my character can run Lv4s or even incursions.

The Question: How much, in terms of ISK, can be generated from looting/salvaging an average Lv4 mission?

Caveats:
-Keep in mind I will stay local to Caldari space initially
-Not looking for ninja salvage/lootng tactics
-Not looking for a guide to squeezing out the most ISK from a station container full of loot
-Not looking to hear from frustrated carebears
-Assume I will not be taking mission essential items for ransom

I understand there is a lot of variables to this and an exact amount would be impossible to say. Just looking for an estimate. Maybe a High-Low-Mean answer would best describe...

Thanks all!
Gronn
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2011-12-16 14:12:40 UTC
Some of the bigger missions, angel extravaganza, blockade (level 4) and so on can net me 20 to 30 million each. I really only salvage the big missions and the rogue drone missions. Rogue drones (level 4) have a chance to drop T2 salvage components and I also get some morphite on the refining of their crap.

Just as an FYI, I have an indy alt that I use to clean up an area and also makes rigs as I own BPOs. It’s amazing how many minerals you get from looting everything and just refining it all down.
Maureen Biologist
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2011-12-16 14:19:14 UTC
Isu Okaski wrote:
OK so not sure if this is the correct place for this thread, don't want to get any carebears angry!

Anyways, some background: I have been brainstorming ways to fund my PvP addiction. I tried mining for a week and made decent ISK in an Osprey


Thats an outrageous lie!


To answer your questions though: you could train for a drake in less than 2 weeks and make more money running lvl 3's than you will ninja salvaging.

I can see ninja salvaging making a *bit* of money, but to be honest, even with good scanning skills and a t2 scanning frig with sisters probes + scanner, itll take 5-10 mins to populate your bookmarks with missions to go loot, and then swap to whatever your ship of choice is, and you will get to loot some, some might just be ****** missions with like 2 wrecks, if you come up against someone in a noctis or a marauder you wont stand much chance of getting much money out of it and some people like to shoot the stuff.

THOUGH: there is a mission running channel whose name eludes me at the moment where you can offer your services as a salvager and follow some dude in a pimp mission ship round salvaging all the stuff, give him like 10-20% for the trouble. THAT will make you a reasonable amount (until you can fly that drake).

whatever you do it will make you more money than that osprey will mining, try some ninja salvaging while you train a drake if its what you want to do. try 'legit' salvaging for people too though.


to be completely honest, ninja salvaging without the ability to shoot the carebears if they agress you seems rather pointless to me.
Flurk Hellbron
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#4 - 2011-12-16 14:52:41 UTC
A Raven pilot that can't fly a Drake? Lol....
A Raven pilot that can't do LVL IV missions? Lol....

Go Ninja salvage for lulz and get killed from time to time when you aggres the wreck holder by looting others ships.

Train for PI.
Train for it all..............
Maureen Biologist
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2011-12-16 15:17:45 UTC
I re-read your question.

If you get the scanning down quickly, and get lucky with drops, then I don't see 10m an hour being unreasonable.

factoring the total randomness of drops and your ability to scan plenty of sites down AND your ability to secure the salvage/loot (not get beaten by the bears noctis or whatever), then it could literally be anywhere between 1m/hr and 20m/hr. probably closer to 1m/hr.

before people lol at that number, he wouldn't have to find much more than an arbalest heavy missile launcher to be well on his way.

use a vigil.
FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#6 - 2011-12-16 15:44:59 UTC
Maureen Biologist wrote:
even with good scanning skills and a t2 scanning frig with sisters probes + scanner, itll take 5-10 mins to populate your bookmarks with missions to go loot, and then swap to whatever your ship of choice is, and you will get to loot some, some might just be ****** missions with like 2 wrecks, if you come up against someone in a noctis or a marauder you wont stand much chance of getting much money out of it and some people like to shoot the stuff.


I've done plenty of ninja salvaging in a T1-fitted magnate. It takes me about a minute per target to scan down a like mission runner and get to his deadspace. And I rather like the marauders: just park a few km ahead of them and loot/salvage as they tractor things in. Just be sure you have a good PVP ships on standby in case they get trigger happy when you go red.

Maureen Biologist wrote:
THOUGH: there is a mission running channel whose name eludes me at the moment where you can offer your services as a salvager and follow some dude in a pimp mission ship round salvaging all the stuff, give him like 10-20% for the trouble. THAT will make you a reasonable amount (until you can fly that drake).


It's also quite possible to get into a mission hub and simply ask if anyone running missions is willing to abandon their wrecks and make a bookmark to them so you can go salvage. I did that once and had five bookmarks from four different players in a matter of minutes.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Isu Okaski
The Break Room
#7 - 2011-12-16 16:09:14 UTC
Thanks all for the info!

FWIW I can fly a drake and have Lv3 missions available to me. I did Lv3's for about two weeks and stockpiled all of the loot and salvage. Did not keep a great record of it but it almost seemed that I made more on loot and salvage than I did on mission rewards/bounties. That is where the idea came to me of just looting and salvaging as much and quickly as possible.

Anyways, another detail is the fact that my corp is often waging war 20+ jumps away from my hometown. Ideally I would like to be able to jump-clone back when the bad guys are determined to spin their ships for hours.

Well I think I will give it a try next week. I figure a cheap Heron for scanning and a Cormorant for salvaging/looting.

I will keep a record and update here with the returns I get after 1 week!
OllieNorth
Recidivists Incorporated
#8 - 2011-12-16 16:10:17 UTC
FloppieTheBanjoClown wrote:
It's also quite possible to get into a mission hub and simply ask if anyone running missions is willing to abandon their wrecks and make a bookmark to them so you can go salvage. I did that once and had five bookmarks from four different players in a matter of minutes.



This. I know when I am running missions on a roll, I would love to have someone slavage them. You could, honestly, probably get contracts where bears will give you bookmarks to all their missions for something like a 25% cut of profits off the salvage and loot. You can easily end up with far more salvaging to do than you have time for, and you'll build up some iskies awfully quick.
Solomar Espersei
Quality Assurance
#9 - 2011-12-16 17:33:42 UTC
Join our public channel and you get the skinny on how to make enough ISK to keep your pew pew going. The best ISK you get as a ninja is from ransoms and blingy modules dropped from your hapless victims ships. It's not as as steady of an income stream as say an Incursion or LP-grinding Alt, but it's considerably better than mining income. Those who think there's no ISK in it haven't practiced the trade. Find the good tag missions and dolts who will shoot at you and you can do quite well.

Quality Assurance Recruiting intrepid explorers and BlOps/Cov Ops combat enthusiasts

Spineker
#10 - 2011-12-16 19:46:02 UTC
One of the dumbest questions I have seen all week. Ninja Salvage and Looting in Caldari space? Making good isk at it? About as bad as it gets.

I love when they find me which hasn't happened in a while, I just blow everything up and laugh at them for wasting their time. Sometimes it is fun to for them to rush in and you just warp away and come back and they have a wreck there in the room. Hahahaha ransom I wouldn't pay ransom to any nerd for mission item. People really are pathetic can't make it in low or null so they pretend they are badasses in high...
Isu Okaski
The Break Room
#11 - 2011-12-16 19:58:42 UTC
Quote:

One of the dumbest questions I have seen all week. Ninja Salvage and Looting in Caldari space? Making good isk at it? About as bad as it gets.

I love when they find me which hasn't happened in a while, I just blow everything up and laugh at them for wasting their time. Sometimes it is fun to for them to rush in and you just warp away and come back and they have a wreck there in the room. Hahahaha ransom I wouldn't pay ransom to any nerd for mission item. People really are pathetic can't make it in low or null so they pretend they are badasses in high...


Big tough guy...I say lol
Brewlar Kuvakei
Adeptio Gloriae
Train Wreck.
#12 - 2011-12-16 20:21:14 UTC
Ninja looter here i make about 150M to 300 M per hour ninja looting. My technique is a little bit more advanced than just scanning random mission runners down but it's still pis easy.
Spineker
#13 - 2011-12-16 20:23:10 UTC
I laugh at you wannabe badasses it really is funny and pathetic. What does that have to do with toughness I love to watch this "I am going to be bad!" whatever sounds like 10 year olds talking about beating up some other kid on the playground.

I don't care what you say means nothing to me I am laughing at you.
Spineker
#14 - 2011-12-16 20:24:13 UTC
Quote:
Ninja looter here i make about 150M to 300 M per hour ninja looting



LMAO Arrow
Isu Okaski
The Break Room
#15 - 2011-12-16 21:58:53 UTC
Spineker wrote:
I laugh at you wannabe badasses it really is funny and pathetic. What does that have to do with toughness I love to watch this "I am going to be bad!" whatever sounds like 10 year olds talking about beating up some other kid on the playground.

I don't care what you say means nothing to me I am laughing at you.

Lol why be a badass in game when I can do it in real life? I don't get to steal, ****, pillage, and screw with care bears in real life so I will probably have more fun doing that in game!

stop trolling brahRoll
Brewlar Kuvakei
Adeptio Gloriae
Train Wreck.
#16 - 2011-12-16 22:02:58 UTC
Spineker wrote:
Quote:
Ninja looter here i make about 150M to 300 M per hour ninja looting



LMAO Arrow


LOL, what's so funny I do mak 150m per hour ninja looting and ganking. Do you not belive me?
Arctur Vallfar
Knights Adamant
#17 - 2011-12-16 22:09:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Arctur Vallfar
Wanting to make the most efficient amount of isk without resorting to acts such as ransoming isn't going to help you out. Watered down, it's hard to really make a significant amount of isk when you depend on luck or really know what you're doing. There are too many variables, but that doesn't necessarily mean that a profit won't be made. It's enough for me to say that it isn't worth it unless you are more so doing this for your enjoyment than making prime isk as a lone wolf.

Ransoming isn't exactly effective, either. Plenty of mission critical loot is on the market.

My advice is to hunt down a ninja salvaging corp. There are plenty of trade secrets I'm sure people aren't willing to spill out over the forums.
Brewlar Kuvakei
Adeptio Gloriae
Train Wreck.
#18 - 2011-12-16 22:55:24 UTC
Dunno witha 3 week char you can make 150 mill isk per hour ninja ganking. I think it's probabbly the ebst career for noobs out there
Isu Okaski
The Break Room
#19 - 2011-12-16 23:40:05 UTC
Brewlar Kuvakei wrote:
Dunno witha 3 week char you can make 150 mill isk per hour ninja ganking. I think it's probabbly the ebst career for noobs out there

Don't think I will be anywhere close to that. If I pull in 20m ISK/hr I will be ecstatic.

Will work this for a week soon and update on returns.
Mr Kidd
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2011-12-18 20:59:11 UTC
Back in the day before T2 tractors, before changes to probing, before the Noctis, before the loot nerfs, a ninja looter could make 300mil/wk working a couple hours per day. But that was then and this is now. With probing requiring a higher skillset to achieve the same quality of results of the past, the lack of real loot and the noctis it is the perfect storm to make ninja salvaging more time consuming and less profitable. Choose something else.

As previously suggested, running level 3 missions is probably more profitable than ninjaing....and that's saying a lot about how much ninjaing has been indirectly nerfed because l3's don't pay crap.

Don't ban me, bro!

12Next page