These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

CSM Campaigns

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

♛♛ Bobmon, CSM 10 ♛♛

First post First post First post
Author
Slevin-Kelevra
brotherhood of desman
#41 - 2014-12-03 08:00:01 UTC
+1 to this,
Bob is a nice guy
Great to work with
Cares a lot about the game
Will make a great CSM member.
Chrytis
Perkone
Caldari State
#42 - 2014-12-03 10:36:33 UTC
~~YOU CANT GO BOBWRONG WITH BOBMON~~
Bobmon
The Collective
Brothers of Tangra
#43 - 2014-12-03 11:19:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Bobmon
Chrytis wrote:
~~YOU CANT GO BOBWRONG WITH BOBMON~~


This is a very good slogan, Thanks

@BobmonEVE - BOBMON FOR CSM 12

Elazar Keon
DUST Expeditionary Team
Good Sax
#44 - 2014-12-03 15:07:18 UTC
Chrytis wrote:
~~YOU CANT GO BOBWRONG WITH BOBMON~~


* Facepalms *
Yasemin Hanim
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#45 - 2014-12-03 15:11:59 UTC
i like bobmon P

pretty nice guy, he cares about new players and the opportunitys which they have actually to survive and build kinda home ingame which isnt necessarily HighSec Space Bear

+1

u will get my Vote Bob Cool

Mercfromabove
Knights of the Posing Meat
#46 - 2014-12-03 15:18:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Mercfromabove
Chrytis
Perkone
Caldari State
#47 - 2014-12-03 22:28:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Chrytis
Elazar Keon wrote:
Chrytis wrote:
~~YOU CANT GO BOBWRONG WITH BOBMON~~


* Facepalms *



I think bob should use this as his official slogan, no?

http://i.imgur.com/zazLVLi.jpg
Bobmon
The Collective
Brothers of Tangra
#48 - 2014-12-03 22:33:14 UTC
Chrytis wrote:
Elazar Keon wrote:
Chrytis wrote:
~~YOU CANT GO BOBWRONG WITH BOBMON~~


* Facepalms *



I think bob should use this as his official slogan, no?


I like it, Now time to make some posters! GO Chrytis GO

@BobmonEVE - BOBMON FOR CSM 12

Chrytis
Perkone
Caldari State
#49 - 2014-12-03 22:38:31 UTC
!!! http://i.imgur.com/zazLVLi.jpg !!!

BOBMONG FOR THUMBS UP PRESIDENT OF MIDDLE STELLAR MANAGEMENT
Bobmon
The Collective
Brothers of Tangra
#50 - 2014-12-03 22:45:00 UTC
Chrytis wrote:
!!! http://i.imgur.com/zazLVLi.jpg !!!

BOBMONG FOR THUMBS UP PRESIDENT OF MIDDLE STELLAR MANAGEMENT


whaha

@BobmonEVE - BOBMON FOR CSM 12

Chrytis
Perkone
Caldari State
#51 - 2014-12-03 22:54:23 UTC
Sort Dragon
Resilience.
The Initiative.
#52 - 2014-12-03 22:56:47 UTC
I will be putting Dark behind Bobmon.

He is a solid guy and I believe he has a unique grasp on eve from his multifaceted background.
Bobwrong
Doomheim
#53 - 2014-12-03 23:35:26 UTC
VOTE 1 BOBMONG 4 PREZ
Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#54 - 2014-12-04 04:40:04 UTC
From your Ideas List:
Bobman wrote:
EVE central main gameplay is to grow anything and everything. With this I mean you grow your character, you grow your corp, your wallet grows etc. you take more space etc. in the old days you had many different alliances fighting it out, When 1 died, the members would be consumed by other alliances. I call this the Nullsec grow cycles, and its end will always result in what we see currently.
Now the question remains, Why did these alliances die and why did we not see a whole bunch of new alliance pop up? Well, the answer to this question is that these ‘’new alliances’’ were simply overwhelmed by the bigger guys and died. This has happened to a lot in the past and resulted in either these alliances stagnating or their members leaving for other ‘’bigger alliances.

The answer to that was identified as the hyper travel. Teleportation as I like to call it. Going from one side of the game to the other in 7 minutes with a carrier while even the fastest interceptor taking gates would take an hour.

Any new alliance that did not immediately snuggle up and become part of an existing coalition never stood a chance because they would be the latest content addition to null in which content starved coalitions would dog pile on top of in just minutes. There was zero incentive to not go and feast on them when the coalitions territory is completely safe from anyone who is not part of the enemy coalition. Timers would last for days and crossing the map was just a few minutes. Young budding alliances had NO CHOICE but to join a coalition if they wanted to be in null and so much as take a single system. And at that point, are they even a separate entity or just another cog in the coalition machine? You know the answer.

The only solution was to drop a nuclear bomb on the mechanics that involve hyper travel.
Bobman wrote:
I think Jump fatigue has a lot of bad affects, and I would like to see it adjusted to a minimal scale.

Jump Fatigue is arguably the greatest change in EVE Online. It started working before Phoebe hit as you saw some alliances remove themselves from renters and after Phoebe coalitions are showing, in dramatic form I might add, that they can not concentrate their forces in one spot without losing territory in others. For the first time in who knows how long, the small guy can actually take a small piece of null for themselves. They can actually field a capital ship without worries of supers from all four corners of the map cynoing in on top of them 'just because' there was nothing else going on.

Now groups have to make strategic decisions on where to place capitals. Where and when they should take that jump bridge. Is dropping ten carriers on that single battlecruiser worth it? Do I join in on this Black Ops hot drop and then miss the opportunity to cyno in with some of my alliance mates for a CTA in an hour? Again, strategic decisions are back in play. Which brings me to your opinion on Black Ops:
Bobman wrote:
I loved the pre-phoebe black ops because you could do surprise attacks on your enemies. Mainly people in anomalies fell victim to me. I did this mostly in times between fleets but with the jump fatigue I cant because if I decided to jump on something, I will get a jump fatigue timer. This will then result in me not being able to join my fleet later. This is not fun, and I dislike when something is not fun.

Behold! You are now having to make a strategic decision and because of this, you are not able to power project all over anything that moves 'just because'. Which of course means good news for that young alliance that is just now taking hold of a single system in null. It means that you are having to decide which is more important. The alliance CTA to do 'important stuff' or go Black Ops hot drop all over that new guy because you are bored.

What I despise is some people who, because they can't take a cyno, feel like they are not able to join their mates in glorious combat. Take a gate. Capital ship via gates will take too long? Well ship down a bit into something that will travel faster. Guess what? Now because you want to project power at a distance with relative speed, balance enters the scene and you have to sacrifice firepower for speed.

You are a great guy, but I will not send any votes your way if you are going to lobby to have power projection reverted back and the game falls back into the ultra stagnant boring state it was in. There is growing pains to these big changes CCP are doing, but I assure you they are for what is best for the game.

I wish there was a way I could explain it better for you to see all the good Jump Fatigue is doing, but if I can't do it after all this time, then I suppose there is no changing your mind. This doesn't mean I disagree with you on the rest of your platform, but I don't want to see EVE put back on its knees again. I hope you understand.
Bobwrong
Doomheim
#55 - 2014-12-04 07:03:01 UTC

Marlona Sky!! You're my favourite Battle Nereus Queen!

Much space respect flowing your way.



VOTE 1 BOBMONG 4 PREZ
Bobmon
The Collective
Brothers of Tangra
#56 - 2014-12-04 07:05:44 UTC
Marlona Sky

You are a great guy, but [b wrote:
I will not send any votes your way if you are going to lobby to have power projection reverted back[/b] and the game falls back into the ultra stagnant boring state it was in. There is growing pains to these big changes CCP are doing, but I assure you they are for what is best for the game.

I wish there was a way I could explain it better for you to see all the good Jump Fatigue is doing, but if I can't do it after all this time, then I suppose there is no changing your mind. This doesn't mean I disagree with you on the rest of your platform, but I don't want to see EVE put back on its knees again. I hope you understand.


Thanks for your comments! I 100% agree that the pre-phoebe state was very bad, but I think that this state change because of a lot of reasons and not purely the Jump fatigue itself. Often fear and diplomatic contracts are much worse then actual ingame tools. B0TLORD is a prime example, PL has always done think for certain period, Look at the HBC, PL was involved but after a few month they sorta left and that created a lot of content. Same pretty much goes for BOTLORD, We do it for a while and then cut it all off and have fun somewhere else. Was the patch crucial? I would say no, the NULLSEC is something that we are more nervous for.

Jump fatigue had increadable effects but it ruins a lot of fun for the individual pilot. I hate this, I find it very strange that me as a individual pilot im forced to basicly not use a certain ship because it will stop me later on in joining up fleets. I think the future would be much better if we created a so called: Jump Button. This would work as followed:

Right click modle -> Select system (current menu) -> click system, jump -> Wait certain time (10mins) and continue.

You can even add a activation timer when clicking the module and maybe everytime you use it it would take longer (like current fatigue). This would allow a pilot to both join his ops and have fun doing blackops and such.

Bare in mind, My ideas are just Ideas and it is something that I would love to work on... Then again you can pretty much forget that if ANY CSM gets into office that his/.her ideas will be immidiatly implemented.

@BobmonEVE - BOBMON FOR CSM 12

JEFFRAIDER
THIGH GUYS
#57 - 2014-12-04 07:13:19 UTC
All "EN24" trolls aside, Bobmon has been an uncompromising journalist as far as EVE news is concerned. I'd expect him to bring the same integrity and energy to the CSM.
weboide
Reckless Insurgence
Freight Train Diplomacy
#58 - 2014-12-04 07:59:02 UTC  |  Edited by: weboide
JEFFRAIDER wrote:
All "EN24" trolls aside, Bobmon has been an uncompromising journalist as far as EVE news is concerned. I'd expect him to bring the same integrity and energy to the CSM.


lololol

On a serious note though, Bob has evolved from the spin king of EvE journalism ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqFFyW01FXA ) all the way to something actually not that. He's also a pretty chill dude with a good morale compass.

Everybody vote for bobby, coz you "Can't go Bobwrong with Bobmon"

You can't go Bob-wrong with Bobmon

BOBMON FOR CSM https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=451383

Chrytis
Perkone
Caldari State
#59 - 2014-12-04 11:16:58 UTC
BigSako wrote:
inb4 CCP Bobmon

he has to change his name if he joined CCP, it should become CCP BABEMAN
Bobwrong
Doomheim
#60 - 2014-12-04 11:37:40 UTC
Chrytis wrote:
BigSako wrote:
inb4 CCP Bobmon

he has to change his name if he joined CCP, it should become CCP BABEMAN


CCP BobBro