These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Tornado?

Author
Death Killer21
Deaths Consortium
Pandemic Horde
#1 - 2011-12-12 13:46:16 UTC
Hey. I built a tornado yesterday and im thinking of using it for missions as a change from the cane.

I am wondering if anyone has any fits for the tornado that can be used to do any level of missions.

Please get in contact with me for any fits so that i can test them.

Death killer21

Caldari and amarr Mission service.  Contact me for more info

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#2 - 2011-12-12 14:13:57 UTC
Keep using the 'cane, or upgrade to a BS.

You'll be wanting for tank and ability to take out small ships in a Tornado.
Salo Aldeland
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2011-12-12 14:27:32 UTC
I haven't tried it yet, but just about the only Solo PvE role I can imagine for a new Tier 3 BC is belt ratting in low or null. Warp in, blow up a couple of battle ships and maybe a cruiser or two, ignore frigates, warp out, repeat. God help you if you get webbed or scrambled.

A Tier 3 could also make a good wingman to a tanking battle ship for L4s. Almost all my skills so far are in Amarr ships, so a Tornado or Talos might make a better choice for when I'm blitzing missions with a buddy and we draw NPC's resistant to EM/Therm damage, and would take much less time to skill up for than a Kin/Ex dealing battleship.
FlameGlow
Perkone
Caldari State
#4 - 2011-12-12 15:19:34 UTC
Salo Aldeland wrote:
I haven't tried it yet, but just about the only Solo PvE role I can imagine for a new Tier 3 BC is belt ratting in low or null. Warp in, blow up a couple of battle ships and maybe a cruiser or two, ignore frigates, warp out, repeat. God help you if you get webbed or scrambled.

A Tier 3 could also make a good wingman to a tanking battle ship for L4s. Almost all my skills so far are in Amarr ships, so a Tornado or Talos might make a better choice for when I'm blitzing missions with a buddy and we draw NPC's resistant to EM/Therm damage, and would take much less time to skill up for than a Kin/Ex dealing battleship.

Could be used as damage dealer in plexing, as long as you don't have to tank tier 3s own
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#5 - 2011-12-13 00:18:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
You can fit 8 medium turrets easily on a Tornado, which do great in level 3 missions, but a Hurricane is better.

I'm not as confident about trying level 4 missions in one.
Arctur Vallfar
Knights Adamant
#6 - 2011-12-13 01:54:30 UTC
Conventional wisdom suggests not to use T3 Battlecruisers in missions. They may have the big guns, but don't forget you wont be able to squeeze a proper tank out of your ship. They are meant to be wing-men ships in groups that need mobile firepower. So unless you're doing missions with a well tanked buddy, I would stick with other classes.
Female Face
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2011-12-13 04:48:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Female Face
[Tornado, PVE Tornado]
Damage Control II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II

Republic Fleet 10MN Afterburner
Pithum C-Type Medium Shield Booster
Caldari Navy Shield Boost Amplifier
Invulnerability Field II
Invulnerability Field II

800mm Repeating Artillery II, EMP L
800mm Repeating Artillery II, EMP L
800mm Repeating Artillery II, EMP L
800mm Repeating Artillery II, EMP L
800mm Repeating Artillery II, EMP L
800mm Repeating Artillery II, EMP L
800mm Repeating Artillery II, EMP L
800mm Repeating Artillery II, EMP L

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

A little expensive but definitly a viable level 3 or 4 mission ship, unless the mission has frigates of course
Death Killer21
Deaths Consortium
Pandemic Horde
#8 - 2011-12-13 08:14:08 UTC
Female Face wrote:
[Tornado, PVE Tornado]
Damage Control II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II

Republic Fleet 10MN Afterburner
Pithum C-Type Medium Shield Booster
Caldari Navy Shield Boost Amplifier
Invulnerability Field II
Invulnerability Field II

800mm Repeating Artillery II, EMP L
800mm Repeating Artillery II, EMP L
800mm Repeating Artillery II, EMP L
800mm Repeating Artillery II, EMP L
800mm Repeating Artillery II, EMP L
800mm Repeating Artillery II, EMP L
800mm Repeating Artillery II, EMP L
800mm Repeating Artillery II, EMP L

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

A little expensive but definitly a viable level 3 or 4 mission ship, unless the mission has frigates of course


Thanks loads. Will test this out tonight

Death killer21

Caldari and amarr Mission service.  Contact me for more info

Shellshock Bob
Doomheim
#9 - 2011-12-13 11:21:17 UTC
Salo Aldeland wrote:


A Tier 3 could also make a good wingman to a tanking battle ship for L4s. Almost all my skills so far are in Amarr ships, so a Tornado or Talos might make a better choice for when I'm blitzing missions with a buddy and we draw NPC's resistant to EM/Therm damage, and would take much less time to skill up for than a Kin/Ex dealing battleship.




+1
I use a talos paired with a rattler myself. has pretty much face raped every mission i've come across. Don't have large auto's trained yet, so cant comment on the tornado.
supr3m3justic3
Perkone
Caldari State
#10 - 2011-12-13 19:16:12 UTC
Female Face wrote:
[Tornado, PVE Tornado]
Damage Control II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II

Republic Fleet 10MN Afterburner
Pithum C-Type Medium Shield Booster
Caldari Navy Shield Boost Amplifier
Invulnerability Field II
Invulnerability Field II

800mm Repeating Artillery II, EMP L
800mm Repeating Artillery II, EMP L
800mm Repeating Artillery II, EMP L
800mm Repeating Artillery II, EMP L
800mm Repeating Artillery II, EMP L
800mm Repeating Artillery II, EMP L
800mm Repeating Artillery II, EMP L
800mm Repeating Artillery II, EMP L

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

A little expensive but definitly a viable level 3 or 4 mission ship, unless the mission has frigates of course


A little expensive? LOL....55 MIl for the ship and 45 Mil for the guns and then all the faction + T2 rigs....not sure if serious
Draconian Felspar
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2011-12-13 19:55:43 UTC
I've found the tornado works GREAT in tandem with a hurricane/sleipnir in upper level DED complexes. My friend and I have been doing 5/10 through 7/10's with him tanking in the hurricane/sleipnir and me just running around AC'ing the crap out of the battleships in my tornado. He's able to tank long enough for me to knock out all the major dps and then it's just cake. We're gonna be trying some 8/10's and up soon and will probably just have a scimitar alt orbiting him.

Just make sure the tank warps in first and grabs aggro and the tornado can run around blowing **** up.
Mr Twinkie
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2011-12-13 22:34:03 UTC
No.. tornados can do belts and **** worthless anoms.. but the lack of tank just doesnt cut it
Ynot Eyob
Safety Set To Red
#13 - 2011-12-14 11:07:18 UTC
I wouldnt think to use a Tornado without the drones.

At some point youll be webbed like crazy and scrammed, you might be able to tank the frigates left, but you wont hit anything..

Just saying, if you wana use a Tier 3 i would problally use the talos just because of the drones.

That said, i just love the Tornado, but mainly as a support ship for PVP/PVE

Nisroc - Angel of Freedom Nisroc is known as "The Great Eagle".

Mr Twinkie
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2011-12-14 12:23:02 UTC
Ynot Eyob wrote:
I wouldnt think to use a Tornado without the drones.

At some point youll be webbed like crazy and scrammed, you might be able to tank the frigates left, but you wont hit anything..

Just saying, if you wana use a Tier 3 i would problally use the talos just because of the drones.

That said, i just love the Tornado, but mainly as a support ship for PVP/PVE


Tornado is a beast of a ship, just not for ratting. No drones = ull never kill the frigs. And no tank = u can survive BS spawns.

Just get a mael and pvp in that, it pays for itself in a day or 2
Maureen Biologist
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2011-12-16 12:13:45 UTC
[Tornado, pvenado]
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II

Gistii B-Type Small Shield Booster
Gistii B-Type Small Shield Booster
100MN Afterburner II
Explosion Dampening Field II
Ballistic Deflection Field II

Dual 425mm AutoCannon II, Phased Plasma L
Dual 425mm AutoCannon II, Phased Plasma L
Dual 425mm AutoCannon II, Phased Plasma L
Dual 425mm AutoCannon II, Phased Plasma L
Dual 425mm AutoCannon II, Phased Plasma L
Dual 425mm AutoCannon II, Phased Plasma L
Dual 425mm AutoCannon II, Phased Plasma L
Dual 425mm AutoCannon II, Phased Plasma L

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I



works more than fine for level 3's. has all the tracking you need to hit frigs, has the speed to dictate range, is cap stable.

I've tried it in level 4's and the tank is fine. the only problem is dual 425's don't do much vs battleships, so killing them is slow.

I prefer it to a cane for lvl 3's, there are obviously better things than it for lvl 4.s. its also more fun to fly than a cane.

I havent tried dual 800's but tbh I don't think you'd have the tracking for frigs, and then you're screwed.

just because you havent tried the ship out in missions and are judging it by 'it has no drones it must suck for pve' doesnt mean that it actually does. the amount of blind ignorance in this thread is amazing. try stuff out before you go stating what it can and can't do.