These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Fleet question

Author
Spud Lazair
Doomheim
#1 - 2014-12-01 19:20:34 UTC
I was in a fleet today with another player who is in different timezone. After a while i left the fleet to do some stuff indoors, then about 4hrs later i have returned to the game, the person is still online and they are showing as still been in a fleet however there is no longer a fleet advert, also this person is now AFK.
why does the advert not remain up while the fleet creator is online so that players can rejoin?

"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue"

Jean Luc Lemmont
Carebears on Fire
Viral Society
#2 - 2014-12-01 19:33:33 UTC
Spud Lazair wrote:
I was in a fleet today with another player who is in different timezone. After a while i left the fleet to do some stuff indoors, then about 4hrs later i have returned to the game, the person is still online and they are showing as still been in a fleet however there is no longer a fleet advert, also this person is now AFK.
why does the advert not remain up while the fleet creator is online so that players can rejoin?


The fleet advert will remain up until one of two things happens:
1) The fleet boss removes it deliberately.
2) The fleet changes bosses, and the new boss doesn't put up a new advert.

Will I get banned for boxing!?!?!

This thread has degenerated to the point it's become like two bald men fighting over a comb. -- Doc Fury

It's bonuses, not boni, you cretins.

Spud Lazair
Doomheim
#3 - 2014-12-01 22:15:47 UTC
thanks for the reply, i do however think this is not the case.

if i right click on the person i was in the fleet with and select form fleet with, i get the message that they have rejected my invite because they are already in a fleet. i know the only fleet they are in is the 1 i was in with them....there were only the 2 of us in the fleet, the advert is gone and my x-fleet buddy is till the boss.
he is still AFK so i am not able to form a new fleet with him or rejoin the old fleet that we were both in.

"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue"

Iyokus Patrouette
Noir.
The Network.
#4 - 2014-12-01 22:42:47 UTC
Changing your contact standings while fleet boss also removes the fleet advert and i am sure there are other things that affect it as well.

However from what you've said i would agree with saying you were the original boss, once you left the fleet. your friend became boss and didn't create a new advert.

---- Advocate for the initiation of purple coloured wormholes----

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#5 - 2014-12-01 23:02:56 UTC
This happens a lot, the only thing for it is shouting obscenetys through com's till he comes back to the keyboard.
Spud Lazair
Doomheim
#6 - 2014-12-02 11:19:55 UTC
cheers for the replies. Let me confirm

1. i was not the fleet boss
2. no standings were changed at all
3. i joined the fleet, then left the fleet, then returned at a later time to rejoin.....no advert

Have since spoken to my fleet buddy and he had fallen asleep (timezone difference's) after i left the fleet, he has confirmed that when i left the fleet he did nothing at all, he remained in the fleet on his own online then fell asleep.

It would make more sense in the game if the advert remained in place so you could rejoin at any given time Sad

Thanks for the help

"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue"

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#7 - 2014-12-02 11:31:31 UTC
Spud Lazair wrote:
It would make more sense in the game if the advert remained in place so you could rejoin at any given time Sad
It does. At some point something must have changed which required the fleet advert to be put back up.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Kagehisa Shintaro
Back Door Burglars
#8 - 2014-12-02 16:01:57 UTC
When you create an advert for a fleet and someone joins, the advert will remain until standings changes/boss changes OR if everyone but the boss leaves. If he is only one in fleet the advert will have to be renewed.

Any company can ship. We space ship. - CCP Guard

Spud Lazair
Doomheim
#9 - 2014-12-03 15:17:55 UTC
Kagehisa Shintaro wrote:
When you create an advert for a fleet and someone joins, the advert will remain until standings changes/boss changes OR if everyone but the boss leaves. If he is only one in fleet the advert will have to be renewed.



ty this helped

"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue"

Jean Luc Lemmont
Carebears on Fire
Viral Society
#10 - 2014-12-03 15:29:38 UTC
Kagehisa Shintaro wrote:
When you create an advert for a fleet and someone joins, the advert will remain until standings changes/boss changes OR if everyone but the boss leaves. If he is only one in fleet the advert will have to be renewed.


I did not know this. Good information.

Will I get banned for boxing!?!?!

This thread has degenerated to the point it's become like two bald men fighting over a comb. -- Doc Fury

It's bonuses, not boni, you cretins.

Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#11 - 2014-12-03 17:40:35 UTC
Kagehisa Shintaro wrote:
When you create an advert for a fleet and someone joins, the advert will remain until standings changes/boss changes OR if everyone but the boss leaves. If he is only one in fleet the advert will have to be renewed.


Confirming this. If a full fleet drops down to only a boss the advert is removed and asked to be renewed. I assume because the game assumes that the members of the fleet leaving indicate that the boss might be doing the same himself shortly.

However, I don't see a case where leaving this advert up would be detrimental so there might be a case to be made to CCP to let an advert persist in this case.

The Drake is a Lie

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#12 - 2014-12-03 18:02:19 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
This happens a lot, the only thing for it is shouting obscenetys through com's till he comes back to the keyboard.


I usually revert to incredibly bad singing of very inappropriately modified love songs.

Ive had people come back to the comp, make me Boss.. and curse me up and down because I just ruined their spontaneous sexy time with their significant other. Look buddy, its not my fault that you left coms up, and weren't using headphones, and had your Eve battlestation in your bedroom.

Not my fault at all.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#13 - 2014-12-03 18:06:56 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
This happens a lot, the only thing for it is shouting obscenetys through com's till he comes back to the keyboard.


I usually revert to incredibly bad singing of very inappropriately modified love songs.

Ive had people come back to the comp, make me Boss.. and curse me up and down because I just ruined their spontaneous sexy time with their significant other. Look buddy, its not my fault that you left coms up, and weren't using headphones, and had your Eve battlestation in your bedroom.

Not my fault at all.

lol, love it.
Cool