These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Mass test on Singularity on Wednesday, 19th of November, at 17:00 UTC

First post
Author
CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2014-11-17 12:22:52 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Habakuk
Hi!
We are planning a mass test on Singularity on Wednesday, November 19th, at 17:00 UTC (= EVE time).

What exactly is being tested?
  • Ship rendering updated to Physically Based Rendering (PBR)
  • Keyboard Ship Control
  • DB backup procedures
  • General stability and performance of client and server for Rhea


How to connect to Singularity for this test:

Test steps:


  • Meet in FD-MLJ, at the gate to X-BV98
  • Jump to X-BV98
  • Align to planet 6
  • Warp to POS beacon
  • Shoot the control tower
  • Warp to planet 4
  • FFA fight, while testing the keyboard ship controls
  • Stop fighting
  • Jump between X-BV98 and FD-MLJ, while database procedures are being tested.


What else should I know?
  • We will be moving players to the test system - join the channel massmoveme
  • 2M Skill points will be awarded on Singularity for this mass test
  • Bring many different ships. Smaller ships preferred (more fun with keyboard ship controls)

CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five 0 | (Team Gridlock)

Bug reporting | Mass Testing

Arronicus
The Untraceable
M A R A K U G A
#2 - 2014-11-18 12:37:54 UTC
Launcher note says 'today, november 19th' though I suppose anyone who can't figure out it is on the 19th and not today probably wont have the brainpower to get on sissy anyway.
CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#3 - 2014-11-18 12:57:49 UTC
Arronicus wrote:
Launcher note says 'today, november 19th' though I suppose anyone who can't figure out it is on the 19th and not today probably wont have the brainpower to get on sissy anyway.


Oh, I poked our community team about it. Oops

CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five 0 | (Team Gridlock)

Bug reporting | Mass Testing

Kiera Minaris
F0RCED ENTRY
Disavowed Legion
#4 - 2014-11-18 13:16:50 UTC
Will it be in the normal testing system or we trying out running Mass Tests in Thera?? :D :D
Aroye
Mechvale Planetside Productions
Fed Terrorists
#5 - 2014-11-18 14:11:55 UTC
Could you please post the time and date of when the last mirroring of Tranquility took place? So we can tell if we are eligible to join the testing. Idea
CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#6 - 2014-11-18 14:29:35 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Habakuk
Aroye wrote:
Could you please post the time and date of when the last mirroring of Tranquility took place? So we can tell if we are eligible to join the testing. Idea

Taken from TQ on October 6th, 2014

CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five 0 | (Team Gridlock)

Bug reporting | Mass Testing

CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#7 - 2014-11-18 16:17:35 UTC
Kiera Minaris wrote:
Will it be in the normal testing system or we trying out running Mass Tests in Thera?? :D :D

We'll start in FD-MLJ as normal. I'll update the steps in the top post in a bit.

CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five 0 | (Team Gridlock)

Bug reporting | Mass Testing

micky twotoes
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#8 - 2014-11-18 16:28:05 UTC
Hi is it possible to say when you will be doing your next mirror as ive only just got my self onto singularity and i have a super toon that landed on my account last saturday and is not showing on the server log in i rearly want to inject a titan book and have fun with some mates any rough idea would be great
CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#9 - 2014-11-18 16:30:09 UTC
micky twotoes wrote:
Hi is it possible to say when you will be doing your next mirror as ive only just got my self onto singularity and i have a super toon that landed on my account last saturday and is not showing on the server log in i rearly want to inject a titan book and have fun with some mates any rough idea would be great

There are no plans so far. I'll post something into the test server forums, as soon as anything is decided.

CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five 0 | (Team Gridlock)

Bug reporting | Mass Testing

Webad
Bad Wolf Corporation
#10 - 2014-11-18 17:25:14 UTC
Will this change the Min system requirements?
Jackson Apollo
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2014-11-18 17:37:48 UTC
hopefully it will change the min specs.

I need an excuse for yet another computer.

Rank Badjin
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2014-11-18 23:05:27 UTC
Any idea how long this test will run?

A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

BulletMagnetMan
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2014-11-19 05:14:08 UTC  |  Edited by: BulletMagnetMan
Great. So 4am Australian time. EVE is awesome for us people at the arse end of the planet [spot the sarcasm]

I think I'll pass.

But can you PLEASE allow us to map the arrow keys? I tried several times yesterday and it flatly refused to bind the keys or kept defaulting them to the numpad. Being a leftie, my numpad is already full of key binds so I don't want to modify them. Arrow keys work best for most left handers.
Rockstede
Thirtyplus
Goonswarm Federation
#14 - 2014-11-19 09:39:47 UTC
Is it ok to multibox on the test? (I'm assuming no due to the keyboard controls test but you never know lol)
Wara Ranova
Black Wolf Syndicate
#15 - 2014-11-19 11:26:55 UTC
maybe a dumb question but what is a FFA Fight
Kartoffelstampfer Schmorbraten
tumirnichtweh Corporation 3.0
#16 - 2014-11-19 11:38:05 UTC
Wara Ranova wrote:
maybe a dumb question but what is a FFA Fight


Free For All

Have fun! Big smile
Kousaka Otsu Shigure
#17 - 2014-11-19 13:59:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Kousaka Otsu Shigure
Your Excellence, CCP Habakuk, we aren't gonna stress test Thera this time? =(

@multibox
Do it, you may trigger a specific bug that CCP can track and fix.

Archiver, Software Developer and Data Slave

Current Project Status: What can I make with these minerals?

Shadow Raptor
Doomheim
#18 - 2014-11-19 14:02:37 UTC
BulletMagnetMan wrote:
But can you PLEASE allow us to map the arrow keys? I tried several times yesterday and it flatly refused to bind the keys or kept defaulting them to the numpad. Being a leftie, my numpad is already full of key binds so I don't want to modify them. Arrow keys work best for most left handers.

What I did and they work fine.

1) Remove current binding. WASD all need to be reset/cleared.
2) Go to the navigation section and bind the keys.
3) I also removed the binding from WASD in the "Movement" section (not sure you have to).

Hope this helps.
Alexey Rumyancev
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#19 - 2014-11-19 15:23:44 UTC
Umm what do you mean by
>2M Skill points will be awarded on Singularity for this mass test
?
Sariyah
HUN Corp.
HUN Reloaded
#20 - 2014-11-19 15:39:27 UTC
BulletMagnetMan wrote:
Great. So 4am Australian time. EVE is awesome for us people at the arse end of the planet [spot the sarcasm]

I think I'll pass.

But can you PLEASE allow us to map the arrow keys? I tried several times yesterday and it flatly refused to bind the keys or kept defaulting them to the numpad. Being a leftie, my numpad is already full of key binds so I don't want to modify them. Arrow keys work best for most left handers.

Lol, that sounds like fun! None of my 5 keyboards has a numpad...
12Next page