These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

T2 version of the bowhead

Author
dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2014-11-11 19:19:54 UTC
Would there be any game balance reasons not to make a T2 version on the bowhead, which would function as a jump freighter?

I've seen some say a jump drive version of the bowhead isn't needed, because carriers and jump freighters fill the same roll. I don't think this is true, carriers are limited in jump range and jump freighters are not designed to move assembled ships.

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

Antillie Sa'Kan
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2014-11-11 20:27:42 UTC
I can see a T2 jump capable Bowhead being useful. Just reduce the size of the ship bay a bit (3 BS's only possible at ORE freighter V perhaps), lower the base EHP, and add some Gallente flavored jump freighter resists.
Anope
Goryn Clade
#3 - 2014-11-11 20:42:31 UTC
dexington wrote:
Would there be any game balance reasons not to make a T2 version on the bowhead, which would function as a jump freighter?

I've seen some say a jump drive version of the bowhead isn't needed, because carriers and jump freighters fill the same roll. I don't think this is true, carriers are limited in jump range and jump freighters are not designed to move assembled ships.



I think this is a great idea. For example my group likes to do road trips and head out and stage in a new system in a far off lowsec for 2 weeks to a month. But probably wont be doing that anymore due to us not having a way to easily move our rigged ships anymore.
Paynus Maiassus
Silvana Innovations
Greater Solitude Commonwealth
#4 - 2014-11-11 22:06:06 UTC
I think there should be a T2 version of the Bowhead that is NOT jump drive capable but can haul fitted capitals around.
dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5 - 2014-11-12 02:14:03 UTC
Anope wrote:
For example my group likes to do road trips and head out and stage in a new system in a far off lowsec for 2 weeks to a month. But probably wont be doing that anymore due to us not having a way to easily move our rigged ships anymore.


I know several people, myself included, that have similar problems. I'm currently training an alt to fly carrier, so i'll be able to switch two characters between lighting cyno and jumping the carrier, but to be honest i doubt i'll really use it, it's just to time consuming to move assets using a carrier.

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

Rendiff
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2014-11-12 02:55:09 UTC
Paynus Maiassus wrote:
I think there should be a T2 version of the Bowhead that is NOT jump drive capable but can haul fitted capitals around.


Are you high?
Jur Tissant
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2014-11-12 07:00:26 UTC
Rendiff wrote:
Paynus Maiassus wrote:
I think there should be a T2 version of the Bowhead that is NOT jump drive capable but can haul fitted capitals around.


Are you high?


I'd like to see the size of a ship which can haul a fitted Titan.

To OP, we should probably wait until we see how the T1 version fits into the game before we start talking about upgrading it. A jump-capable ship hauler would also have to take into account recent efforts to reduce power projection.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#8 - 2014-11-12 07:38:47 UTC
The idea behind this one is to cater to moving ships in high i think we see how it goes before we talk about T2
Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#9 - 2014-11-12 08:24:31 UTC
Rendiff wrote:
Paynus Maiassus wrote:
I think there should be a T2 version of the Bowhead that is NOT jump drive capable but can haul fitted capitals around.


Are you high?


Arn't you?

I thought being high was a prerequisite to coming to the forums in the first place, considering the incoherent bull **** babble that comes from peoples keystrokes.

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

Tabyll Altol
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2014-11-12 09:26:12 UTC
dexington wrote:
Would there be any game balance reasons not to make a T2 version on the bowhead, which would function as a jump freighter?

I've seen some say a jump drive version of the bowhead isn't needed, because carriers and jump freighters fill the same roll. I don't think this is true, carriers are limited in jump range and jump freighters are not designed to move assembled ships.



Yes would be to hard to break and too much cargo to take (with him).

I don´t get it if something which is already very strong (in my opinion too strong) intruduced, why is it that people like you alway want more and more.

-1
dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#11 - 2014-11-12 10:05:29 UTC
Tabyll Altol wrote:
I don´t get it if something which is already very strong (in my opinion too strong) intruduced, why is it that people like you alway want more and more.


Are you aware that a jump freighters can move ships as long as you don't assemble them?, these ship don't really introduce anything new in terms of capacity.

In the end it's really not the ship maintenance bay capacity that is important, it's the 10 ly jump range and too a leaser extend the reduction in jump fatigue.

I think it would be perfectly fine to reducing the size of the maintenance bay, maybe make it somewhere between a carrier and the bowhead.

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#12 - 2014-11-12 10:10:16 UTC
Jur Tissant wrote:
To OP, we should probably wait until we see how the T1 version fits into the game before we start talking about upgrading it. A jump-capable ship hauler would also have to take into account recent efforts to reduce power projection.


Jump freighters are already in the game an in term of power projection can do a better job then a bowhead, with or without the jump drive.

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.