These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Account validation error

First post
Author
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#1 - 2014-11-05 22:18:59 UTC
This is a first.

Everything was fine yesterday and now it's not. May I ask to be reactivated?

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Dante Tucker
Cube Corp
#2 - 2014-11-05 22:24:37 UTC
Looks like this might be more of an issue then just your account. I get it now too when I could log on just fine yesterday and my account should be fine.
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#3 - 2014-11-05 22:40:33 UTC
Yes and I asked a friend of mine to log on SiSi but he couldn't get into either.

However I just logged of from TQ, so my account looks fine.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Ransu Asanari
Perkone
Caldari State
#4 - 2014-11-05 23:20:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Ransu Asanari
A bunch of people in my corp are having this issue as well.

"There was an error while validating your account, please try again.."

The launcher log doesn't show anything obvious as a problem.

Logging in using the exefile.exe as a workaround appears to be successful.
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#5 - 2014-11-05 23:23:28 UTC
Ransu Asanari wrote:
A bunch of people in my corp are having this issue as well.

"There was an error while validating your account, please try again.."

The launcher log doesn't show anything obvious as a problem.


I am sorry to hear that!

And I apologize that I didn't post that earlier today. Now everyone at CCP is asleep, so we will not be able to enter until tomorrow.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Meadowvale
0rder of the Golden Dawn
#6 - 2014-11-05 23:58:44 UTC
elitatwo wrote:
Ransu Asanari wrote:
A bunch of people in my corp are having this issue as well.

"There was an error while validating your account, please try again.."

The launcher log doesn't show anything obvious as a problem.


I am sorry to hear that!

And I apologize that I didn't post that earlier today. Now everyone at CCP is asleep, so we will not be able to enter until tomorrow.


similar error - pity we can't contact the "bug hunters"
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#7 - 2014-11-06 00:02:33 UTC
Meadowvale wrote:
...similar error - pity we can't contact the "bug hunters"


I am so sorry dear.

I did contact our most favorite Bug Hunter. I did not hear back from him yet though.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2014-11-06 00:10:40 UTC
if you click forgot password you get this.

Server not found
Adam Zalonis
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2014-11-06 00:11:35 UTC
Ransu Asanari wrote:

Logging in using the exefile.exe as a workaround appears to be successful.



For anyone else like me who didn't know what this workaround is, here it is:

In the "bin" folder inside the folder that the SiSi client is installed to, there is the file exefile.exe. It has to be run with the option /server:singularity

So, for example, the following command entered into the run box worked for me:
c:\evetest\bin\exefile.exe /server:singularity


I hope that helps anyone who didn't know this workaround.
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#10 - 2014-11-06 00:25:43 UTC
Adam Zalonis wrote:
Ransu Asanari wrote:

Logging in using the exefile.exe as a workaround appears to be successful.



For anyone else like me who didn't know what this workaround is, here it is:

In the "bin" folder inside the folder that the SiSi client is installed to, there is the file exefile.exe. It has to be run with the option /server:singularity

So, for example, the following command entered into the run box worked for me:
c:\evetest\bin\exefile.exe /server:singularity


I hope that helps anyone who didn't know this workaround.


Hey thank you!

I didn't think about this to be honest. There was that sound thing that happened when you were not using the launcher.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#11 - 2014-11-06 10:08:40 UTC
Hi!

Please try to clear your launcher cache (Launcher Settings - Cache - Clear all cached data), if you get the error "There was an error while validating your account, please try again..???". It seems like an old version of the launcher webpage is still cached somehow after updating it yesterday.

We are still investigating in why this happened (this data should not be cached for so long...)

CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five 0 | (Team Gridlock)

Bug reporting | Mass Testing

Nelus Cadelanne
Antwerpse Kerels
SLYCE Pirates
#12 - 2014-11-06 18:33:52 UTC
It was fine and now i can not log in. Can you activate my account please on test server ? Tank you.
Tikitina
Doomheim
#13 - 2014-11-06 19:56:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Tikitina
CCP Habakuk wrote:
Hi!

Please try to clear your launcher cache (Launcher Settings - Cache - Clear all cached data), if you get the error "There was an error while validating your account, please try again..???". It seems like an old version of the launcher webpage is still cached somehow after updating it yesterday.

We are still investigating in why this happened (this data should not be cached for so long...)



This seemed to happen after I replaced my Eve client in my Sisi folder with my just patched Eve client in my TQ folder.

Note: There is still a way to work around this issue though. Launch Evefile.exe from \bin directly, if the clear cache doesn't work.
Kosetzu
Aeons Multiplied
#14 - 2014-11-06 22:06:04 UTC
The fix Habakuk posted worked for me on this issue at least.
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#15 - 2014-11-06 23:03:09 UTC
CCP Habakuk wrote:
Hi!

Please try to clear your launcher cache (Launcher Settings - Cache - Clear all cached data), if you get the error "There was an error while validating your account, please try again..???". It seems like an old version of the launcher webpage is still cached somehow after updating it yesterday.

We are still investigating in why this happened (this data should not be cached for so long...)


This fixed it. And up until yesterday I had no idea that the launcher even has a cache Smile.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Daniel Jackson
Universal Exos
#16 - 2014-11-06 23:46:24 UTC
thank you ccp IT WORKED! clearing your launcher cache fixes it
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#17 - 2014-11-07 03:18:38 UTC
Same issue here - except I still have a non-functional Mac-based SISI client.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Grave Digger Eriker
Doomheim
#18 - 2014-11-07 16:39:12 UTC
Daniel Jackson wrote:
thank you ccp IT WORKED! clearing your launcher cache fixes it
Not working for me still cannot get past the error even after clearing the cache
Sir Livingston
Doomheim
#19 - 2014-11-07 17:43:44 UTC
Yep! Clearing the cache worked.
Thank you o7

Sci-fi games as played by an earthbound human in the 21st century http://www.youtube.com/JonnyPew

Aurelius Valentius
Valentius Corporation
#20 - 2014-11-07 22:06:04 UTC
+1 cache fix works.
12Next page