These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Return Shuttles to prominence with 100% jump fatigue reduction

Author
Gyges Skyeye
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2014-10-29 01:26:30 UTC
When reading some alliance stuff that tells me unironically to use agility fit hauler ships to traverse jump bridges post patch I came up with what I feel is a better idea. No one really uses shuttles much these days when they are outclassed as a quick transport vessel in every way by interceptors. Now with the new jump limitations we have a gameplay space where power and utility can be added to the shuttle ship class to make it more than the afterthought that it currently is.

Other people's thoughts?
Rendiff
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2014-10-29 01:44:07 UTC
That's actually not a bad idea.
iCappyi
Delusions of Adequacy
#3 - 2014-10-29 01:53:35 UTC
+1
Hopelesshobo
Hoboland
#4 - 2014-10-29 01:59:16 UTC
100% reduction would basically undermine fatigue to begin with. At the very most, it should be 90% to be like jump freighters.

Lowering the average to make you look better since 2012.

Kelli Anneto
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5 - 2014-10-29 02:12:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Kelli Anneto
Not sure on what %, but I would agree that it would give a roll to a ship that currently has no role. Plus the idea of using a hauler to get to a fight quicker is really............Twisted
Ralen Zateki
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2014-10-29 02:26:58 UTC
This idea makes a bunch of sense. Maybe not 100%, but something to prevent systems full of sigils and badgers taxi-ing around.

Talk about short bus parade....
Salariel Azizora
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2014-10-29 02:40:45 UTC
Gyges Skyeye wrote:
When reading some alliance stuff that tells me unironically to use agility fit hauler ships to traverse jump bridges post patch I came up with what I feel is a better idea. No one really uses shuttles much these days when they are outclassed as a quick transport vessel in every way by interceptors. Now with the new jump limitations we have a gameplay space where power and utility can be added to the shuttle ship class to make it more than the afterthought that it currently is.

Other people's thoughts?


I think you might be onto something here.

here, we take a look at a shuttle. simple design, fairly decent speed and no cargo hold what so ever. not to mention no roles.
and then we look at the jump bridge access from let's say.. a staging point system to a home system. the 5lightyear range on the jump bridges alone is enough to scare most away from using them (which could be as CCP intended) However, The shuttle itself could and probably should be used at a reduced fatigue rate of say, anywhere between 90-100% and here my friends is why.

Point 1. A shuttle cannot attack anything (this we know) but shuttles are an excellent means of "transport"ation throughout New eden, even if they are outclassed and easily out manouvered by interceptors and various other form's of space pest's.

point 2. it would allow a shuttle pilot to be able to go from 1 front to another in the same constellation and perhaps even region and take up the fight, with the phoebe patch coming out you are looking at a mainstream nightmare for nullsec and lowsec. I think we all agree that PVP is just as important as the logistics side of things for Nullsec. so the answer to everything could very well be that 25,000 isk ship that we all look past.

+1 on the idea good sir. :)
Ganthrithor
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#8 - 2014-10-29 03:27:59 UTC
Also it might give some people a reason to fly something other than an interceptor around (since correctly-fitted interceptors are LITERALLY impossible to catch, that would probably be for the best).
Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#9 - 2014-10-29 03:42:22 UTC
This is a really interesting suggestion- I agree 100%

+1, I would love to see this happen
Imigo Montoya
BreadFleet
Triglavian Outlaws and Sobornost Troika
#10 - 2014-10-29 08:04:14 UTC
Makes a lot of sense. There's no reason for shuttles not getting at least the same reduction as industrial ships.
Caerbanog Walace
Perkone
Caldari State
#11 - 2014-10-29 12:22:00 UTC
I support this change. This makes shuttles actually useful.
I disagree with 100% fatigue reduction, but 90% or even 95% would be acceptable.

Agility haulers will still have the benefit of stabs and cloak so you still have choices to make.
Hakan MacTrew
MUTED VOID
#12 - 2014-10-29 12:57:28 UTC
I would probably go with a 50% reduction, rather than a 90%. Certainly not a 100%.
Tappits
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#13 - 2014-10-29 13:34:37 UTC
Gyges Skyeye wrote:
When reading some alliance stuff that tells me unironically to use agility fit hauler ships to traverse jump bridges post patch I came up with what I feel is a better idea. No one really uses shuttles much these days when they are outclassed as a quick transport vessel in every way by interceptors. Now with the new jump limitations we have a gameplay space where power and utility can be added to the shuttle ship class to make it more than the afterthought that it currently is.

Other people's thoughts?


+1

90% makes sense. and it makes them useful again/useful at all
afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2014-10-29 13:47:58 UTC
-1

There is a reason the fatigue is attached to the pilot and not the hull.

In fact I'd rather haulers got the full fatigue and only JF were the special case.

Sheesh at this rate in 6 months fatigue avoidance posts will rival afk cloaking ones
Tappits
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#15 - 2014-10-29 13:56:50 UTC
afkalt wrote:
-1

There is a reason the fatigue is attached to the pilot and not the hull.

In fact I'd rather haulers got the full fatigue and only JF were the special case.

Sheesh at this rate in 6 months fatigue avoidance posts will rival afk cloaking ones


You can all ready totally avoid Fatigue. but been able to use the things we all ready have in the game (jump bridges,titan bridges) in a way that does not totally kill you for the rest of the week are nice.... Maybe you would like it so you can only jump 3 gates a day if you feel moving around eve is easy.

Akrasjel Lanate
Lanate Industries
#16 - 2014-10-29 14:00:48 UTC
No!!!

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Bronson Hughes
The Knights of the Blessed Mother of Acceleration
#17 - 2014-10-29 14:01:00 UTC
I support the idea of giving Shuttles a reduction to jump fatigue, but not 100%. 90% (or whatever other ships with the "hauler" role get) should apply. It fits with their intended purpose, and would actually make them more useful than Interceptors for travel.

+1 (conditionally).

Relatively Notorious By Association

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs

Vadeim Rizen
No.Mercy
Triumvirate.
#18 - 2014-10-29 15:56:48 UTC
Repeating the same sentiment that everyone else already has. YES but not 100% reduction. Good idea IMO.
Swiftstrike1
Swiftstrike Incorporated
#19 - 2014-10-29 20:25:34 UTC
Great idea for a role bonus to shuttles.

I also can't wait to see fleets of 200 shuttles swarming around a titan :)

Casual Incursion runner & Faction Warfare grunt, ex-Wormholer, ex-Nullbear.

Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#20 - 2014-10-29 20:36:23 UTC
Tappits wrote:
afkalt wrote:
-1

There is a reason the fatigue is attached to the pilot and not the hull.

In fact I'd rather haulers got the full fatigue and only JF were the special case.

Sheesh at this rate in 6 months fatigue avoidance posts will rival afk cloaking ones


You can all ready totally avoid Fatigue. but been able to use the things we all ready have in the game (jump bridges,titan bridges) in a way that does not totally kill you for the rest of the week are nice.... Maybe you would like it so you can only jump 3 gates a day if you feel moving around eve is easy.



Having the cool down does not kill you, it only prevent you from using a jump drive/jump bridge. It's like they want to make strategic assets a strategic implication to use...
12Next page