These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Are 0.0 renters the new Code target

Author
John E Normus
New Order Logistics
CODE.
#41 - 2014-10-18 03:53:10 UTC
"Once upon a time, people mined in nullsec belts. Nullsec alliances would organize mining ops, complete with scouts and defense ships to protect the hordes of miners and haulers. Enemy alliances and nullsec pirates would attempt to disrupt these operations with all manner of ingenious tactics. Sometimes smaller groups of miners would attempt to "ninja mine" in hostile or unclaimed territory; sometimes solo guerilla fighters would raid a target of opportunity. The PvP involved had a tendency to start small, with perhaps as few as one or two miners under attack. Reinforcements would be called in. The pirates might flee in the face of resistance, or they might be baiting a trap, inviting more targets. If the attackers had reinforcements of their own, a defending alliance would sound the trumpets and put together a defense fleet to chase them off.

In short, there were many different kinds of PvP back then: Solo PvP, small-gang PvP, medium-gang PvP, and proper fleet ops. All of this existed because of the nullsec miners. They formed the base of the food chain. Because they had to expose themselves to risk to get the reward (valuable ore), the miners created targets for PvP'ers to hunt--and these hunters became the hunted in turn."


~ James 315, Manifesto II

get it now?

Between Ignorance and Wisdom

La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#42 - 2014-10-18 09:16:47 UTC  |  Edited by: La Rynx
Erqui Thiesant wrote:
La Rynx wrote:
Oh finaly a codie may visit some alts of mine?

Just to say:
codies ARE highsec carebears.
Let them come, but they will not save highsec anymore. Ah, nonsense they didn't anyway.
Bear

Well that depends on your definition of carebear. Since mine is a person that thinks that they don't need to pvp if they don't want to.


Exactly!
codies think that.
Mostly everyone wants that.

Anything else would mean to be cought of foot.

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#43 - 2014-10-20 22:29:08 UTC
John E Normus wrote:
"Once upon a time, people mined in nullsec belts. Nullsec alliances would organize mining ops, complete with scouts and defense ships to protect the hordes of miners and haulers. Enemy alliances and nullsec pirates would attempt to disrupt these operations with all manner of ingenious tactics. Sometimes smaller groups of miners would attempt to "ninja mine" in hostile or unclaimed territory; sometimes solo guerilla fighters would raid a target of opportunity. The PvP involved had a tendency to start small, with perhaps as few as one or two miners under attack. Reinforcements would be called in. The pirates might flee in the face of resistance, or they might be baiting a trap, inviting more targets. If the attackers had reinforcements of their own, a defending alliance would sound the trumpets and put together a defense fleet to chase them off.

In short, there were many different kinds of PvP back then: Solo PvP, small-gang PvP, medium-gang PvP, and proper fleet ops. All of this existed because of the nullsec miners. They formed the base of the food chain. Because they had to expose themselves to risk to get the reward (valuable ore), the miners created targets for PvP'ers to hunt--and these hunters became the hunted in turn."


~ James 315, Manifesto II

get it now?



Talk about delusional....the head honcho has no idea what he is talking about. Hopefully the raging fire that will be consuming all the joke renters will put a nice dent in CODE finances.
Formerly Known As AC
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#44 - 2014-10-20 23:22:20 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:
John E Normus wrote:
"Once upon a time, people mined in nullsec belts. Nullsec alliances would organize mining ops, complete with scouts and defense ships to protect the hordes of miners and haulers. Enemy alliances and nullsec pirates would attempt to disrupt these operations with all manner of ingenious tactics. Sometimes smaller groups of miners would attempt to "ninja mine" in hostile or unclaimed territory; sometimes solo guerilla fighters would raid a target of opportunity. The PvP involved had a tendency to start small, with perhaps as few as one or two miners under attack. Reinforcements would be called in. The pirates might flee in the face of resistance, or they might be baiting a trap, inviting more targets. If the attackers had reinforcements of their own, a defending alliance would sound the trumpets and put together a defense fleet to chase them off.

In short, there were many different kinds of PvP back then: Solo PvP, small-gang PvP, medium-gang PvP, and proper fleet ops. All of this existed because of the nullsec miners. They formed the base of the food chain. Because they had to expose themselves to risk to get the reward (valuable ore), the miners created targets for PvP'ers to hunt--and these hunters became the hunted in turn."


~ James 315, Manifesto II

get it now?



Talk about delusional....the head honcho has no idea what he is talking about. Hopefully the raging fire that will be consuming all the joke renters will put a nice dent in CODE finances.


However the wallet just keeps growing and growing. NOMNOMNOM TASTY FREIGHTERS! Grrr Goons! Grrr Marmites!

And sure why not hit up the weak links? Isn't that what this is about?

The Artist Formerly Known As AC. 

The terminal end of the digestive system. 

The Best CSM Candidate

Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#45 - 2014-10-21 00:37:54 UTC
Formerly Known As AC wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:
John E Normus wrote:
"Once upon a time, people mined in nullsec belts. Nullsec alliances would organize mining ops, complete with scouts and defense ships to protect the hordes of miners and haulers. Enemy alliances and nullsec pirates would attempt to disrupt these operations with all manner of ingenious tactics. Sometimes smaller groups of miners would attempt to "ninja mine" in hostile or unclaimed territory; sometimes solo guerilla fighters would raid a target of opportunity. The PvP involved had a tendency to start small, with perhaps as few as one or two miners under attack. Reinforcements would be called in. The pirates might flee in the face of resistance, or they might be baiting a trap, inviting more targets. If the attackers had reinforcements of their own, a defending alliance would sound the trumpets and put together a defense fleet to chase them off.

In short, there were many different kinds of PvP back then: Solo PvP, small-gang PvP, medium-gang PvP, and proper fleet ops. All of this existed because of the nullsec miners. They formed the base of the food chain. Because they had to expose themselves to risk to get the reward (valuable ore), the miners created targets for PvP'ers to hunt--and these hunters became the hunted in turn."


~ James 315, Manifesto II

get it now?



Talk about delusional....the head honcho has no idea what he is talking about. Hopefully the raging fire that will be consuming all the joke renters will put a nice dent in CODE finances.


However the wallet just keeps growing and growing. NOMNOMNOM TASTY FREIGHTERS! Grrr Goons! Grrr Marmites!

And sure why not hit up the weak links? Isn't that what this is about?


The wallet grows for now.....but the wars against incursion and mission runners have been complete flops, and only the Miniluv manpower injection is keeping CODE alive. The end is near.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#46 - 2014-10-21 00:45:15 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:

The wallet grows for now.....but the wars against incursion and mission runners have been complete flops, and only the Miniluv manpower injection is keeping CODE alive. The end is near.


Every time someone says something dumb like this, I take a stroll through CODE's killboard.

And then I have myself a good old laugh.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#47 - 2014-10-21 00:47:14 UTC
Yes, they are the absolute masters of shooting up AFK miners and haulers who can't shoot back. Going after incursion and mission runners? Errr.....I actually have an appointment with the doctor....maybe next week.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#48 - 2014-10-21 01:04:04 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:
Yes, they are the absolute masters of shooting up AFK miners and haulers who can't shoot back. Going after incursion and mission runners? Errr.....I actually have an appointment with the doctor....maybe next week.


This is actually pretty much the same thing the vast majority of the "Grr Goons" people do.

When you can't hold a candle, but want to criticize?

Don't forget to derogate, and also deride.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

BuckStrider
Nano-Tech Experiments
#49 - 2014-10-22 14:01:46 UTC
Miko Jin wrote:
Seems so . With the changes up and coming it would seem they are a better prospect than high sec carebears.


So let me get this right....

You woke up and the first thing that came to your mind was "What would an idiot type?"......Then you did it?

Mine smart. Mine safe. Purchase your mining permit today...... www.minerbumping.com

Petre en Thielles
Doomheim
#50 - 2014-10-22 15:39:42 UTC
John E Normus wrote:
"Once upon a time, people mined in nullsec belts. Nullsec alliances would organize mining ops, complete with scouts and defense ships to protect the hordes of miners and haulers. Enemy alliances and nullsec pirates would attempt to disrupt these operations with all manner of ingenious tactics. Sometimes smaller groups of miners would attempt to "ninja mine" in hostile or unclaimed territory; sometimes solo guerilla fighters would raid a target of opportunity. The PvP involved had a tendency to start small, with perhaps as few as one or two miners under attack. Reinforcements would be called in. The pirates might flee in the face of resistance, or they might be baiting a trap, inviting more targets. If the attackers had reinforcements of their own, a defending alliance would sound the trumpets and put together a defense fleet to chase them off.

In short, there were many different kinds of PvP back then: Solo PvP, small-gang PvP, medium-gang PvP, and proper fleet ops. All of this existed because of the nullsec miners. They formed the base of the food chain. Because they had to expose themselves to risk to get the reward (valuable ore), the miners created targets for PvP'ers to hunt--and these hunters became the hunted in turn."


~ James 315, Manifesto II

get it now?



If James's good old CFC didn't carebear it up all day long by setting most of null to blue, this wouldn't be an issue, now would it?
Viktor Fel
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#51 - 2014-10-23 02:50:19 UTC
Petre en Thielles wrote:


If James's good old CFC didn't carebear it up all day long by setting most of null to blue, this wouldn't be an issue, now would it?


Ah ,the old blue doughnut myth. I'd like to take a moment to remind you of the following;

1. Blue does not mean safe and carefree. CFC alliances must constantly form standing fleets to roam about and keep away the encroaching space poor hordes.

2. Some one took a huge bite out of that so-called blue doughnut, because as I browse over all CFC holdings and standings some 23 regions are currently hostile to the CFC in some form or another.

3. Those 23 regions I mention, they actually, for the most part have a greater system density on average per region than CFC holding regions.
Petre en Thielles
Doomheim
#52 - 2014-10-24 15:53:57 UTC
Viktor Fel wrote:
Petre en Thielles wrote:


If James's good old CFC didn't carebear it up all day long by setting most of null to blue, this wouldn't be an issue, now would it?


Ah ,the old blue doughnut myth. I'd like to take a moment to remind you of the following;

1. Blue does not mean safe and carefree. CFC alliances must constantly form standing fleets to roam about and keep away the encroaching space poor hordes.

2. Some one took a huge bite out of that so-called blue doughnut, because as I browse over all CFC holdings and standings some 23 regions are currently hostile to the CFC in some form or another.

3. Those 23 regions I mention, they actually, for the most part have a greater system density on average per region than CFC holding regions.


You do realize that doesn't change the fact that you have most of null set to blue, right? You are easily in the safest, most risk free part of new eden if you are goon.

You have half the universe set to blue. That is a level of safety no other group in the game has. To say it again, if James315 and goons want more risky gameplay and better fights, stop hiding behind CFC carebears.
Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#53 - 2014-10-24 16:45:54 UTC
Petre en Thielles wrote:
To say it again, if James315 and goons want more risky gameplay and better fights, stop hiding behind CFC carebears.


Thanks for making me laugh. My day just got a little better. Big smile

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Praise James, Supreme Protector of High Sec.

Formerly Known As AC
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#54 - 2014-10-24 17:02:57 UTC
Tengu Grib wrote:
Petre en Thielles wrote:
To say it again, if James315 and goons want more risky gameplay and better fights, stop hiding behind CFC carebears.


Thanks for making me laugh. My day just got a little better. Big smile


Grrr Goonie-Bears!

The Artist Formerly Known As AC. 

The terminal end of the digestive system. 

The Best CSM Candidate

Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#55 - 2014-10-24 17:32:34 UTC

CODE. is not moving to nullsec because:

a.) Shoot first mentality: In nullsec, everyone shoots first and asks questions later. In highsec, people try to avoid shooting more often than not.

b.) Availability of soft targets: Nullsec has soft targets, but not nearly as many as highsec.

c.) Obfuscation of the non-combat alts. In nullsec, a nuetral is a threat and treated as such. In highsec, a neutral is just another random dude and typically ignored. The result is neutral alts providing drops on targets are not recognized for the threat they impose.

d.) Loss Responsibility: In Nullsec, it is your fault if someone kills your ship. While there are some tears, the victims accept they are in dangerous space, and everyone there wants to kill them. In Highsec, most players feel they will and should be left alone by "others", and too often blame aggressors for their losses.
Petre en Thielles
Doomheim
#56 - 2014-10-24 17:59:17 UTC
Tengu Grib wrote:
Petre en Thielles wrote:
To say it again, if James315 and goons want more risky gameplay and better fights, stop hiding behind CFC carebears.


Thanks for making me laugh. My day just got a little better. Big smile


Glad to lighten the mood. I always enjoy your subtle ways of defending CFC's carebear lifestyle!
Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#57 - 2014-10-24 18:04:24 UTC
Petre en Thielles wrote:
Tengu Grib wrote:
Petre en Thielles wrote:
To say it again, if James315 and goons want more risky gameplay and better fights, stop hiding behind CFC carebears.


Thanks for making me laugh. My day just got a little better. Big smile


Glad to lighten the mood. I always enjoy your subtle ways of defending CFC's carebear lifestyle!


I have no association from Goons. Well, beyond having some drinks with one once a month. (IRL) It's true though, a lot of goons out in null mine all day and very easy to catch off guard. Said Goon continually invites me to come out to Deklein and shoot at them (so he can form a fleet and chase me away).

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Praise James, Supreme Protector of High Sec.

Viktor Fel
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#58 - 2014-10-24 18:46:52 UTC
Petre en Thielles wrote:


You do realize that doesn't change the fact that you have most of null set to blue, right? You are easily in the safest, most risk free part of new eden if you are goon.

You have half the universe set to blue. That is a level of safety no other group in the game has. To say it again, if James315 and goons want more risky gameplay and better fights, stop hiding behind CFC carebears.


41 null-sec regions total, 29 utterly hostile to us and our allies where as 12 are blue to us; the number of blue regions will decrease soon. Half, or 50% of null-sec being blue to us would mean that 20.5 systems would be blue to us. As I've shown above this is not the case at all. I think that trying to redefine the definition of the words "most" and "half" is not a good way to make your case. I would also like to point out that math is very important in life and you should seek to study it more.

We must constantly form fleets to defend our space or force project outward. You say it is safer for us in Deklein and other blue space than for any other group. I say that over 40 fleet pings in Jabber yesterday alone say otherwise.


  • A side note of the character of one's characters

    I can assume that given the young age of your character (2014/07/16 21:42) that you know little of EVE, or are hiding your main and using your alts to post. If it is the former, I would recommend you come out to null-sec and get some experience first. Understand how many ways living in null-sec, in the mythical blue doughnut is not safe on a daily basis.

    If it is the latter, that speaks much of your character. It speaks volumes of your fear and lack of confidence in your ability to make a successful argument, or even a fairly well written counterpoint. I say this because I can imagine you will retort to this by saying something to the effect of 'my main is in XXX alliance and has a huge killboard'.





    Miko Jin
    HELVEGEN
    #59 - 2014-10-24 19:09:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Miko Jin
    I never expected this to cause so much anger over a simple question but it does go to show that null sec is not so secure in it's thinking with the upcoming changes.

    I do feel that the there are regions of null sec that will tax the renters and landlords with security issues and if they are not met then a loss of rental income will ensue.

    Empires have fallen for less!
    Viktor Fel
    KarmaFleet
    Goonswarm Federation
    #60 - 2014-10-24 19:34:46 UTC
    Well this is just about how renter programs work.

    *** you, pay me!