These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Dev blog: Upcoming Forum changes - Phase 1 of 2

First post First post First post
Author
Rain6637
NulzSec
#141 - 2014-10-22 03:46:06 UTC
mr ed thehouseofed
Wrought iron Industries
#142 - 2014-10-22 04:06:36 UTC
CCP Avalon wrote:
Due to popular demand we'll be reinstating the background selection from EVE Gate. The background visible now will become the default option.

This will now become the known-issues page!

Known issues

  • RSS feed for the search fails when looking for Dev/GM posts
  • Initial scale of viewport causes undesired zoom for mobile users


when will this be happening my background is still sansha ships , just tried to change it then to tyrannis background still shows default one

i want a eve pinball machine...  confirming  CCP Cognac is best cognac

Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
Masters of Flying Objects
#143 - 2014-10-22 04:08:28 UTC
mr ed thehouseofed wrote:
CCP Avalon wrote:
Due to popular demand we'll be reinstating the background selection from EVE Gate. The background visible now will become the default option.

This will now become the known-issues page!

Known issues

  • RSS feed for the search fails when looking for Dev/GM posts
  • Initial scale of viewport causes undesired zoom for mobile users


when will this be happening my background is still sansha ships , just tried to change it then to tyrannis background still shows default one

Same I think the change still needs to be deployed.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Rain6637
NulzSec
#144 - 2014-10-22 04:20:08 UTC
It was up, I can't seem to find it again. It included the old background options, as well as "none."
Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
Masters of Flying Objects
#145 - 2014-10-22 04:26:40 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
It was up, I can't seem to find it again. It included the old background options, as well as "none."

Its only accessible from the the EVE Gate side for me.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
Masters of Flying Objects
#146 - 2014-10-22 04:33:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Salpun
Notifications are not working like they use to.
They do not auto update.


I would really like a favorite search buttonBear

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

mr ed thehouseofed
Wrought iron Industries
#147 - 2014-10-22 04:57:23 UTC
Salpun wrote:
Rain6637 wrote:
It was up, I can't seem to find it again. It included the old background options, as well as "none."

Its only accessible from the the EVE Gate side for me.


same here it worked fine on eve gate , but when i go back to the forums loads sansha background

i want a eve pinball machine...  confirming  CCP Cognac is best cognac

Winthorp
#148 - 2014-10-22 06:16:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Winthorp
I like that notifications actually take you to the last post now however the notification tab is so unreadable (Grey WTF?) And the wording you use in the notification drop down tab is just wasted and cuts out the actual name of the thread listed.

Also i still am not allowed a forum signature... http://i.imgur.com/P2x0x9T.png
Lar Elinure
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#149 - 2014-10-22 06:21:47 UTC
The post date is now shown as how long ago the post was made. Any chance you could add an option to show the date in addition /instead of the time from the post? Better yet, would you give that option to those of us too who don't care to log on every time we want to read the forums?
Althalus Stenory
Flying Blacksmiths
#150 - 2014-10-22 07:20:16 UTC
A few comments on the current change :
- By any chance, if we can change the background, can we have a checkbox to make it static on the page, so when we scroll, we don't have a black background adter a few posts ?
- I'm missing a direct link from eve-gate to forum and to dev blogs
- will there be again a link to devblog somewhere in the forum ? (that was usefull not to make a few clicks to switch forum / devblogs)
- How can i see my last posts (as it's not anymore in gate) ?

EsiPy - Python 2.7 / 3.3+ Swagger Client based on pyswagger for ESI

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#151 - 2014-10-22 08:02:49 UTC
Lar Elinure wrote:
The post date is now shown as how long ago the post was made. Any chance you could add an option to show the date in addition /instead of the time from the post? Better yet, would you give that option to those of us too who don't care to log on every time we want to read the forums?

Agreed.

The time stamp definitely needs to be reverted back to how it was before. Come on, this is a game based in the future with spaceships and computers, it should list the year, day, hour, minutes and seconds of when it was posted.

I hate to say this but having it show "A few minutes ago" or "About an hour ago" or "A day ago" tells me you're doing the same thing to these forums as you're doing to the game, dumbing it down.



DMC
CCP raRaRa
C C P
C C P Alliance
#152 - 2014-10-22 10:05:08 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Lar Elinure wrote:
The post date is now shown as how long ago the post was made. Any chance you could add an option to show the date in addition /instead of the time from the post? Better yet, would you give that option to those of us too who don't care to log on every time we want to read the forums?

Agreed.

The time stamp definitely needs to be reverted back to how it was before. Come on, this is a game based in the future with spaceships and computers, it should list the year, day, hour, minutes and seconds of when it was posted.

I hate to say this but having it show "A few minutes ago" or "About an hour ago" or "A day ago" tells me you're doing the same thing to these forums as you're doing to the game, dumbing it down.



DMC

You can see the UTC time by hovering the mouse over the timeago text. The main reason we did this change is because people have hard time figuring out when a post was actually made because of different timezones.

CCP raRaRa // Web Developer // Team Webster

Kara Jordan
Vision Inc
Hole Control
#153 - 2014-10-22 10:12:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Kara Jordan
Some bugs in Chrome (PC/Desktop)

Report icon is out of place
http://i.imgur.com/ggl62Ln.jpg

if post was edited Report icon position is fine but instead "Edited by:..." is out of place
http://i.imgur.com/bAwPoYK.jpg
Wander Prian
Nosferatu Security Foundation
#154 - 2014-10-22 10:14:36 UTC
I think most of us already think in "eve-time" when it comes to the forums and in-game

Wormholer for life.

CCP Avalon
C C P
C C P Alliance
#155 - 2014-10-22 10:23:54 UTC
Kara Jordan wrote:
Some bugs in Chrome (PC/Desktop)

Report icon is out of place
http://i.imgur.com/ggl62Ln.jpg

if post was edited Report icon position is fine but instead "Edited by:..." is out of place
http://i.imgur.com/bAwPoYK.jpg

Could you please provide us with your Chrome version? I'm unsuccessful at reproducing this error using the latest version of Chrome.

As for those anticipating the return of background selection from EVE Gate, we're working on it along with the known issues.

CCP Avalon // Web Developer // Team Webster // @ccp_avalon

Twitch: CCP_Avalon

Kara Jordan
Vision Inc
Hole Control
#156 - 2014-10-22 10:34:11 UTC
CCP Avalon wrote:
Kara Jordan wrote:
Some bugs in Chrome (PC/Desktop)

Report icon is out of place
http://i.imgur.com/ggl62Ln.jpg

if post was edited Report icon position is fine but instead "Edited by:..." is out of place
http://i.imgur.com/bAwPoYK.jpg

Could you please provide us with your Chrome version? I'm unsuccessful at reproducing this error using the latest version of Chrome.


Chrome Version was 36.0.1976.0 (268296)

I updated to Version 40.0.2197.0 and everything is fine now.
Kara Jordan
Vision Inc
Hole Control
#157 - 2014-10-22 11:16:42 UTC
I also noticed that everytime I log in that there are no "New Post" icons shown . They show up when new posts are written during a login session. But after a re-login they are all gone again even when I had not read any of these posts.

Is this the correct behaviour for new posts or a bug?
Oraac Ensor
#158 - 2014-10-22 12:35:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Oraac Ensor
CCP Avalon wrote:
The icon for "no new posts" (folder) was removed, however the remaining should still be displayed (star, flag and lock) when appropriate.
The stars are only there at first log in. After the first starred item has been opened all the other stars vanish, which makes the feature utterly useless.

CCP raRaRa wrote:
You can see the UTC time by hovering the mouse over the timeago text. The main reason we did this change is because people have hard time figuring out when a post was actually made because of different timezones.
Everyone has to manage with UTC in game, why should it be any more difficult on the forums?
CCP Avalon
C C P
C C P Alliance
#159 - 2014-10-22 13:17:26 UTC
Changes 2014-10-22 12:45

  • EVE Background options returned, these can still be set in the EVE Gate settings.
  • Initial (automated) zoom on mobile devices deactivated
  • RSS feed on search for dev/GM posts fixed
  • Link to DEV Blogs added to drop-down under forum settings

CCP Avalon // Web Developer // Team Webster // @ccp_avalon

Twitch: CCP_Avalon

mr ed thehouseofed
Wrought iron Industries
#160 - 2014-10-22 13:31:47 UTC
thanks all working fine for me Smile

i want a eve pinball machine...  confirming  CCP Cognac is best cognac