These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

pyfa 1.15.0 (Vanguard)

First post First post First post
Author
Torco
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#541 - 2014-08-10 13:24:43 UTC
Sable Blitzmann wrote:
Torco wrote:
Hello,

Could you please help me where I can find my Character File for the import? I am using Mac, german. And I can't find /Windows/Character Editor Folders. Does anyone here is german macuser too and can help me?

Thanks


Character file is the XML file from the EVE API. I think EVEMon can also export it. But it's much easier to add your API via the character editor (Windows > Character editor)



Mhh thanks... but I really don't know what you mean. Unfortunately there is no "Windows" Folder or Character Editor file on my German Mac... or it is hidden idk.

Maybe a german user can help me?
Torco
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#542 - 2014-08-10 13:36:46 UTC
nvm - i got it :-)
Adurai Shakrin
Terra Nanotech
Sev3rance
#543 - 2014-08-11 19:46:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Adurai Shakrin
Hello ,

thanks for the nice tool.

im not sure if i misinterpret the data or if it is a bug.

I have Fitted a Occator and get a recharge rate for Armor :
Reinforced my Char 592,7 HP/s all5=738HP/s
Sustained my Char 582,1 HP/s all5=738HP/s

I have fitted the ship in game and can see a recharge rate 1163,8 HP /8,2S =141,92 HP/s whith the used character
Used are character information via api.

Could someone check if its a local problem on my side?

Thanks

[edit]
ok found the difference between EHP and HP
Steven Shen
Flat Earth Believers
#544 - 2014-08-11 21:49:49 UTC
Hi, buddy, can u recommend some books that can bring a newbie into the world of python?

Hope one day I can do some updates for pyfa by myself~
Kallie Rae
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#545 - 2014-08-12 16:34:59 UTC
Hello,

Is it possible to se/list all the ships which have fittings created for them on the left sidebar?
Sable Blitzmann
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#546 - 2014-08-12 19:00:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Sable Blitzmann
Kallie Rae wrote:
Hello,

Is it possible to se/list all the ships which have fittings created for them on the left sidebar?


Click the green arrow icon thing. This only works for the second stage - the one that shows the ships, not the categories. With the next release it has been extended to show the categories as well; if you wish to test out the new functionality, please see here: http://blitzmann.it.cx/pyfa-nightly/

Steven Shen wrote:
Hi, buddy, can u recommend some books that can bring a newbie into the world of python?

Hope one day I can do some updates for pyfa by myself~


Don't know of any books, I started out knowing the basics of programming / scripting via fiddling with PHP for years. My first real Python project was working with Pyfa. All documentation is online, as well as a plethora of tutorials on the internet. I also recommend hacking away at an established project to figure out how it works.
Jason Groff
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#547 - 2014-08-13 23:00:07 UTC
I was building out a ship in PYFA and noticed that faction projectile weapons, which have a higher Damage Modifier than Meta 0-5, are getting lower DPS with all things equal. Is that accurate? Am I missing something about faction weapons that would cause them to have lower DPS?
Sable Blitzmann
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#548 - 2014-08-14 03:53:25 UTC
Jason Groff wrote:
I was building out a ship in PYFA and noticed that faction projectile weapons, which have a higher Damage Modifier than Meta 0-5, are getting lower DPS with all things equal. Is that accurate? Am I missing something about faction weapons that would cause them to have lower DPS?


Well, meta 0-4 doesn't show lower DPS for me. Meta 4 800mm w/ EMP L = 394 DPS, RF 800mm w/ EMP L = 410

Hwoever, t2 guns usually do more damage than their faction counterparts due to their specialization skills. T2 autocannons are affected by their specialization skill which increases damage by 2% per level. That could be the discrepancy.

Also, Pyfa has this nifty feature of showing the effects applied to a ship/module/charge in the items stats window. It's useful to determine what's being applied and modifying the data.

If you're still unsure, provide fits and I'll got over it. =)
Vartan Sarkisian
United Mining and Hauling Inc
V.e.G.A.
#549 - 2014-08-14 19:27:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Vartan Sarkisian
I am new to PYFA, can someone please tell me where I can find the size of a drone bay on any given ship. I am fitting a thrasher and it says my drones have a range of 54km and ive 2 drones in the drone bay, whereas a thrasher cannot hold drones???


Scrap that - found it :)
Jason Groff
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#550 - 2014-08-16 19:45:30 UTC
Sable Blitzmann wrote:
Jason Groff wrote:
I was building out a ship in PYFA and noticed that faction projectile weapons, which have a higher Damage Modifier than Meta 0-5, are getting lower DPS with all things equal. Is that accurate? Am I missing something about faction weapons that would cause them to have lower DPS?


Well, meta 0-4 doesn't show lower DPS for me. Meta 4 800mm w/ EMP L = 394 DPS, RF 800mm w/ EMP L = 410

Hwoever, t2 guns usually do more damage than their faction counterparts due to their specialization skills. T2 autocannons are affected by their specialization skill which increases damage by 2% per level. That could be the discrepancy.

Also, Pyfa has this nifty feature of showing the effects applied to a ship/module/charge in the items stats window. It's useful to determine what's being applied and modifying the data.

If you're still unsure, provide fits and I'll got over it. =)


Yeah, the specialization seems to be the difference maker. I copied the "All 5" character, removed specialization, and the fit feel just under the same fit with faction weapons. I didn't think the 10% outweighed the difference in the damage modifier, but I guess it did. Thanks for straightening that out.
Hoshi
Incredible.
Brave Collective
#551 - 2014-08-16 23:37:24 UTC
It seems the Claymore is missing a Heavy Missile Rate of Fire bonus. Looking at the Affected By on a Heavy Missile Launcher fitted to a Claymore it lists under Claymore a Rate of Fire *0.75 but the Claymore has 2x 5% per level rof bonus, one for the Minmatar Battle Cruiser skill and one for the Command Ship skill.

"Memories are meant to fade. They're designed that way for a reason."

Sable Blitzmann
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#552 - 2014-08-17 06:36:01 UTC
Hoshi wrote:
It seems the Claymore is missing a Heavy Missile Rate of Fire bonus. Looking at the Affected By on a Heavy Missile Launcher fitted to a Claymore it lists under Claymore a Rate of Fire *0.75 but the Claymore has 2x 5% per level rof bonus, one for the Minmatar Battle Cruiser skill and one for the Command Ship skill.


For what it's worth, pyfa is showing the correct RoF in the missile launchers attributes. I've confirmed with SISI. But I do think there is a bug with how it's displayed. Follow the issue here: https://github.com/DarkFenX/Pyfa/issues/154
Kadesh Priestess
New Order Outreach Division
CODE.
#553 - 2014-08-26 21:16:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Kadesh Priestess
Hyperion update time! As always, distributions and changelog are available at release page.

Also our chat channel was moved to pyfa@conference.jabber.org (IRC channel was dropped a while ago), feel free to join if you have feedback.
Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#554 - 2014-08-27 16:16:03 UTC
Thank you once again for hard work on an incredible tool.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Jakob Anedalle
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#555 - 2014-08-29 22:51:40 UTC
Sable Blitzmann, since you asked me to follow up on this thread, here's the problem I had before.
There was one other guy who replied to this original post (page 10) saying he saw the same problem on a Mac machine. I'm running Windows 7. I've updated PFYA a couple times since then and it seems to keep being a problem.

Jakob Anedalle wrote:
Anyone else having trouble where pyfa stops allowing selection of UI elements?
It isn't entirely unresponsive and will close down without errors, but without being able to select modules and such it has to be restarted. Things I've been doing before it happens:
* turning on and off overhead
* selecting a module over and over (like weapons in high slots)
* removing a series of modules quickly
* adding more drones

all of them seem to involve me sending a lot of events to the system rapidly, but I'm not sure if that's really the cause. I've tried being more deliberate and slow but am still seeing some of these limited hang events. Given the variety of cases I'm not sure if providing a video will really help.

Windows, 64-bit platform

Thanks,
Jakob


Just reproduced again with 1.4.0 Stable.
To expand a bit - once this happens I can select items, but cannot get a right click menu. Hitting delete will not remove the selected module. I can close the tab of the fit, and open up a blank fitting tab, but not open up a new fit. If I go back to the "Ships" menu I'll get the cylon-esque waiting bar.

Trying out all the things to do here in Eve - it's quite a checklist. So I made a blog Jakob's Eve Checklist

Drugsy Fragomeli
Velocette.
#556 - 2014-08-30 02:12:07 UTC
Hello, love all the work and care you guys have put into this program.

I'm having a problem with command bonus application

I have 3 ships each with Information Warfare Link - Sensor Integrity II modules. Their command bonuses respectively are 45%, 49.5%, and 51.8%. The problem is each one seems to apply the same amount when I set them as the squad booster.

Please help, thank you again for all your hard work.
Sable Blitzmann
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#557 - 2014-08-30 02:22:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Sable Blitzmann
Jakob Anedalle wrote:
Sable Blitzmann, since you asked me to follow up on this thread, here's the problem I had before.
There was one other guy who replied to this original post (page 10) saying he saw the same problem on a Mac machine. I'm running Windows 7. I've updated PFYA a couple times since then and it seems to keep being a problem.

Jakob Anedalle wrote:
Anyone else having trouble where pyfa stops allowing selection of UI elements?
It isn't entirely unresponsive and will close down without errors, but without being able to select modules and such it has to be restarted. Things I've been doing before it happens:
* turning on and off overhead
* selecting a module over and over (like weapons in high slots)
* removing a series of modules quickly
* adding more drones

all of them seem to involve me sending a lot of events to the system rapidly, but I'm not sure if that's really the cause. I've tried being more deliberate and slow but am still seeing some of these limited hang events. Given the variety of cases I'm not sure if providing a video will really help.

Windows, 64-bit platform

Thanks,
Jakob


Just reproduced again with 1.4.0 Stable.
To expand a bit - once this happens I can select items, but cannot get a right click menu. Hitting delete will not remove the selected module. I can close the tab of the fit, and open up a blank fitting tab, but not open up a new fit. If I go back to the "Ships" menu I'll get the cylon-esque waiting bar.


Thanks for getting back to me. I have no idea what might be causing these issues. /o\

The fact that the ships don't load tells me it might be database corruption. I know you've said that you've tried different upgrades, however did they start off with a new database, or have they been using the same one? If you can, please upload the database file somewhere and send me a link via EVE mail for security. (database file is in the .pyfa directory under your home directory, called 'saveddata.db')

Another thing that pops into my mind is the automatic HTML export - it can cause system instability and possible crashes due to :reasons:. Disable this if it's enabled (in Preferences) and let me know if it helps.

A video might be helpful - I know the issue can be a bit random, but catching it on video might help with diagnostics.

You could see if pyfa logged anything in it's log file (found in the .pyfa directory), however I have never seen the log actually do what it's supposed to do. >_> As a last resort, if nothing works, you could try to run it from a python interpreter to see if there are any errors that get spit out (it's easy and I can walk you through). pyfa has some pretty crap logging and we should probably fix that soon.

Feel free to convo me in game for a chat. I'd like to get to the bottom of your issues =)
Sable Blitzmann
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#558 - 2014-08-30 02:33:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Sable Blitzmann
Drugsy Fragomeli wrote:
Hello, love all the work and care you guys have put into this program.

I'm having a problem with command bonus application

I have 3 ships each with Information Warfare Link - Sensor Integrity II modules. Their command bonuses respectively are 45%, 49.5%, and 51.8%. The problem is each one seems to apply the same amount when I set them as the squad booster.

Please help, thank you again for all your hard work.


Can you post fits (eft format if possible) and give a little more info? Are you setting one as squad booster, then removing it and setting another one? Or are you setting them as squad, wing, and fleet booster at same time? Are they assigned to the same character? what bonus seems to be applied? Post the fit that you are applying these to. What are the expected vs actual stats.

Thanks =)
Andelas Elias
Presidential Office of Transparency
Goonswarm Federation
#559 - 2014-08-31 18:38:02 UTC
Is there an easy way to make a character in Pyfa that has all 3s and all 4s in skills? I was looking at checking all the boxes but that looked pretty daunting.
Darkblad
Doomheim
#560 - 2014-08-31 18:47:49 UTC
Andelas Elias wrote:
Is there an easy way to make a character in Pyfa that has all 3s and all 4s in skills? I was looking at checking all the boxes but that looked pretty daunting.
I just created a new character "All Level 4" and closed pyfa. Then I modified the saveddata.db (SQLite, within the .pyfa settings folder) - after saving a backup copy.

table "characters"
changed "defaultLevel" from NULL to 4
applied changes

Back in pyfa I checked that character and found all Skills set to level 4. SO it looks like this probably works.

NPEISDRIP