These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

New lvl 4 missions in Hyperion...

Author
Jenn aSide
Worthless Carebears
Pandemic Horde
#1 - 2014-08-11 17:22:31 UTC
http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/coming-in-hyperion-on-august-26th/

Quote:
A new kind of Level 4 missions
Take on a single, powerful enemy using fitting skills and combat tactics in new optional level 4 missions for frigate size ships that will be available from all security agents in Empire space. An upcoming dev blog will present the new missions.


hmmmmm, interesting, i think lol.
Hakaari Inkuran
State War Academy
Caldari State
#2 - 2014-08-11 17:37:41 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/coming-in-hyperion-on-august-26th/

Quote:
A new kind of Level 4 missions
Take on a single, powerful enemy using fitting skills and combat tactics in new optional level 4 missions for frigate size ships that will be available from all security agents in Empire space. An upcoming dev blog will present the new missions.


hmmmmm, interesting, i think lol.

Oh crud, better start training small ships again.
Jenn aSide
Worthless Carebears
Pandemic Horde
#3 - 2014-08-11 17:43:36 UTC
Hakaari Inkuran wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/coming-in-hyperion-on-august-26th/

Quote:
A new kind of Level 4 missions
Take on a single, powerful enemy using fitting skills and combat tactics in new optional level 4 missions for frigate size ships that will be available from all security agents in Empire space. An upcoming dev blog will present the new missions.


hmmmmm, interesting, i think lol.

Oh crud, better start training small ships again.


If you are smart, you've invest in some Worm BPCs lol.
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2014-08-11 18:02:17 UTC
What's the odds you need a frigate cos they are in null and you will need an intie to survive :D
Antillie Sa'Kan
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2014-08-11 19:30:02 UTC
I've always wanted to run L4's in an AF without feeling like I was gimping myself. Woot!
Skyler Hawk
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#6 - 2014-08-11 20:13:52 UTC
Hasikan Miallok wrote:
What's the odds you need a frigate cos they are in null and you will need an intie to survive :D


Quote:
new optional level 4 missions for frigate size ships that will be available from all security agents in Empire space
Ghaustyl Kathix
Rising Thunder
#7 - 2014-08-11 21:20:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Ghaustyl Kathix
Darn, I was hoping the mission changes they talked about involved rebalancing mission rewards, because the reprocessing nerf hit mission runners pretty hard. I hope this is still the case.

That said, I do like the idea of this. Gives people who went whole hog into frigates the ability to run level 4 missions.
Antillie Sa'Kan
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2014-08-11 21:41:26 UTC
Ghaustyl Kathix wrote:
Darn, I was hoping the mission changes they talked about involved rebalancing mission rewards, because the reprocessing nerf hit mission runners pretty hard. I hope this is still the case.

Missions should not be a viable source of minerals. Missions should be a way to get ISK, LP, and to a lesser extent, T1 salvage.

If anything mission ISK rewards need to be reduced and LP rewards increased to compensate. The bounties on hisec mission rats could stand to be reduced a bit as well.
Ghaustyl Kathix
Rising Thunder
#9 - 2014-08-11 23:18:54 UTC
Antillie Sa'Kan wrote:
Missions should not be a viable source of minerals. Missions should be a way to get ISK, LP, and to a lesser extent, T1 salvage.
I agree with that goal, but the penalty for missioners hit pretty hard and there hasn't been any change to compensate for that. To be clear, I'm not talking about reprocessing the junk and selling the minerals; I mean selling mission loot itself gets you far less money than it used to because of this.
Malcolm Faust
Cthulhu Expeditionary Force
#10 - 2014-08-12 00:22:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Malcolm Faust
Even for pirates a hi-sec mission alt is a way to make a little extra isk on the side.
I think little more variety and even something more challenging in missions would be a good thing.

Personnaly I hope its very hard. Ya know, keeps out the riff raff
stoicfaux
#11 - 2014-08-12 00:27:53 UTC
In before Dinsdale accuses CCP of pandering to players with high sec suicide ganking -10 alts.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#12 - 2014-08-12 01:09:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Ralph King-Griffin
20million isk says hes done it somewhere els already
Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#13 - 2014-08-12 03:57:24 UTC
Ghaustyl Kathix wrote:
Antillie Sa'Kan wrote:
Missions should not be a viable source of minerals. Missions should be a way to get ISK, LP, and to a lesser extent, T1 salvage.
I agree with that goal, but the penalty for missioners hit pretty hard and there hasn't been any change to compensate for that. To be clear, I'm not talking about reprocessing the junk and selling the minerals; I mean selling mission loot itself gets you far less money than it used to because of this.



Mission loot hasn't gone down - the good stuff has gone up in value, the junk has gone down.

You lose a little on lower values for meta armor plates, you gain on warp scramblers and other such things.

Meta 4 damage controls went up from 6m to 11m as a direct result of this change, meta 4 scrams from 2600k to 3100k, and various other things have gone up a fair bit too.

You might be worse off if you used to take *everything* and still do, but if you cherrypick medium and high value drops and ignore the rest, you should be at worst slightly worse off and possibly better off.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#14 - 2014-08-12 04:04:25 UTC
Im sure it will be nothing short of amazing.



Like CQ.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Carniflex
StarHunt
Mordus Angels
#15 - 2014-08-12 11:04:35 UTC
What is the highest dps frigate that can be bought from the market (i.e., not a tournament reward). A stealth bomber can be dragged out to ~600 dps I think but it's kind of wet paper towel. And is only good if you need to kill something reasonable large.

AF's cap at ~400 dps? Anything else to look at ?

Here, sanity... niiiice sanity, come to daddy... okay, that's a good sanity... THWONK! GOT the bastard.

Jori McKie
African Atomic.
Train Wreck.
#16 - 2014-08-12 14:53:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Jori McKie
Depending on what frigs are allowed into it. With all V + 2x damage mods + 1x T2 damage rig + 5% imps
With Kin/Therm Damage
Enyo
457 DPS with Void,
522 DPS with Void hot for ~1min

Daredevil (T1 damage rig)
420 DPS with Void,
483 DPS with Void hot for ~2min

Harpy
364 DPS with Void,
419 DPS with Void hot for ~1min

Ishkur
344 DPS with Void+Hobs
382 DPS with Void+Hobs hot for ~1min

Worm
333 DPS with Hobs+Rocket+T2 ammo,
351 DPS with Void hot for ~1:30min

Fed Comet (T1 damage rig)
327 DPS with Void,
369 DPS with Void hot for ~2min


Then all other Assault Frigs, Wolf should be the best one with free damage type.
Wolf
298 DPS with Faction ammo,
343 DPS with Faction ammo hot for ~1min

Hawk
299 DPS with Rockets+Scourge+T2 ammo
352 DPS with Rockets+Scourge+T2 ammo hot for ~1min

199 DPS with Rockets+T2 ammo
235 DPS with Rockets+T2 ammo hot for ~1min



Depending on the incoming DPS you can try a shield Enyo with 3x Damage mods or a Harpy with 3x Damage mods, Harpy with the obvious better shield tank.
Enyo
498 DPS with Void,
569 DPS with Void hot for ~1min

Harpy
399 DPS with Void,
458 DPS with Void hot for ~1min


If the NPC AI is smart you will need a web for damage application, especially with Void. In that case and if the incoming DPS isn't super high the Daredevil will be the best ship.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." - Abrazzar

Altirius Saldiaro
Doomheim
#17 - 2014-08-12 16:00:45 UTC
I assume it will be PVE with PVP fits. Payout will be on par with current lvl 4s. Risk will be high. The one enemy can and will try to kill you. Ewar will be used. They will warp out if dont tackle them.

High bounty
High difficulty
High risk

I hope the try to attack your pod if you lose.

I also hope the new missions scale up in payout and difficulty the more fleet members active inside the mission.
Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#18 - 2014-08-12 16:13:40 UTC
my main concern with this idea is the viability of all the ships mentioned above. i want to believe that CCP managed to design the encounters in a way that does not clearly favor one or two hulls over the rest, but looking at their track record, and how diverse the strengths of the aforementioned hulls are, i have to be pessimistic.

not looking a gift horse in the mouth though, the more content the better, even if it ends up being ishkur or GTFO.

I should buy an Ishtar.

Schmata Bastanold
In Boobiez We Trust
#19 - 2014-08-12 16:19:49 UTC
I hope at least those rats will have proper fits not like pants-on-head machariels with cruise missiles.

Invalid signature format

Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#20 - 2014-08-12 16:34:15 UTC
Schmata Bastanold wrote:
I hope at least those rats will have proper fits not like pants-on-head machariels with cruise missiles.

are the pants part of the fit? where can i buy some head pants?

I should buy an Ishtar.

12Next page