These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12
 

How long before my ticket gets answered by ccp?

Author
Amuneti Jones
Small-Arms Fire
#21 - 2014-07-22 17:41:58 UTC
I won't talk about the scam that happened to me . I will say this . Some of these scams are supported by corp websites and look legit . I've never heard of this scam and I assumed if it was a scam it would be easy for ccp to detect it and give me my isk back . I petitioned and got a not welcomed response from ccp .its strange that a company like ccp who will be bankrupt soon only cares about isk instead of real world money.
Amuneti Jones
Small-Arms Fire
#22 - 2014-07-22 17:47:34 UTC
J'Poll wrote:
Ooh and not to forget:

ARGH, I'm quitting EVE posts should be in OOPE forums Blink

And of course: Your stuff, can I have it?


Lol my stuff ? Lets just say I'm not leaving eve without a bang . This toon is skilled enough to do a lot of damage in the jita undock .
J'Poll
MUSE LLP
RAZOR Alliance
#23 - 2014-07-22 18:04:46 UTC
Amuneti Jones wrote:
I won't talk about the scam that happened to me . I will say this . Some of these scams are supported by corp websites and look legit . I've never heard of this scam and I assumed if it was a scam it would be easy for ccp to detect it and give me my isk back . I petitioned and got a not welcomed response from ccp .its strange that a company like ccp who will be bankrupt soon only cares about isk instead of real world money.


HAAHHA


Still they did nothing wrong.

They scammed you of EVE related stuff in EVE just by using a website, which is perfectly legal.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
Transgress
#24 - 2014-07-22 18:11:03 UTC
Amuneti Jones wrote:
J'Poll wrote:
Ooh and not to forget:

ARGH, I'm quitting EVE posts should be in OOPE forums Blink

And of course: Your stuff, can I have it?


Lol my stuff ? Lets just say I'm not leaving eve without a bang . This toon is skilled enough to do a lot of damage in the jita undock .

smart bombing the jita undock doesn't workBlink.
Amuneti Jones
Small-Arms Fire
#25 - 2014-07-22 18:11:06 UTC
J'Poll wrote:
Amuneti Jones wrote:
I won't talk about the scam that happened to me . I will say this . Some of these scams are supported by corp websites and look legit . I've never heard of this scam and I assumed if it was a scam it would be easy for ccp to detect it and give me my isk back . I petitioned and got a not welcomed response from ccp .its strange that a company like ccp who will be bankrupt soon only cares about isk instead of real world money.


HAAHHA


Still they did nothing wrong.

They scammed you of EVE related stuff in EVE just by using a website, which is perfectly legal.


Still eve puts a price on isk . About 19$ per 800 mil isk and they should protect it in some way . This isn't a contract that I didn't look at or an item in the market i didn't pay attention too . If a corp says they will do something and they take your isk and don't do it then they should pay contract or none . I will take my money to another game . Ccp is quick to take your isk away If you buy it for cash online .
Cara Forelli
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#26 - 2014-07-22 18:17:33 UTC
Amuneti Jones wrote:
Lol my stuff ? Lets just say I'm not leaving eve without a bang . This toon is skilled enough to do a lot of damage in the jita undock .

I reccomend smart bombs.

However, now that you are aware of the harsh nature of EVE, maybe leaving isn't necessary. It's what makes the game fun. Eat or be eaten, trust no one. Don't expect to be coddled and even as a new player you can do just fine.

It's pretty easy to not get scammed. Simply don't give anything to anyone ever, unless you fully understand the process and can ensure that it's legitimate. There is plenty of information available on good trading practices in EVE. For CCP to refund your loss would be absurd. You didn't do the due diligence, so the person that scammed you earned their prize.

It's a world without limits. Embrace it.

Fake Edit: If it's a pride thing, you can always biomass this character and reroll. Then nobody will ever know you got scammed. (If you ask me it's not worth it though. We've all made mistakes in this game and I'm quite sure a few of mine have been more expensive than yours, and rather more stupid in hindsight.)

Want to talk? Join my channel in game: House Forelli

Titan's Lament

Amuneti Jones
Small-Arms Fire
#27 - 2014-07-22 18:26:01 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Amuneti Jones wrote:
J'Poll wrote:
Ooh and not to forget:

ARGH, I'm quitting EVE posts should be in OOPE forums Blink

And of course: Your stuff, can I have it?


Lol my stuff ? Lets just say I'm not leaving eve without a bang . This toon is skilled enough to do a lot of damage in the jita undock .

smart bombing the jita undock doesn't workBlink.

How wouldn't smart bombing work ? There are tons of videos on YouTube showing smart bombs in jita .
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
Transgress
#28 - 2014-07-22 18:26:07 UTC
Amuneti Jones wrote:
J'Poll wrote:
Amuneti Jones wrote:
I won't talk about the scam that happened to me . I will say this . Some of these scams are supported by corp websites and look legit . I've never heard of this scam and I assumed if it was a scam it would be easy for ccp to detect it and give me my isk back . I petitioned and got a not welcomed response from ccp .its strange that a company like ccp who will be bankrupt soon only cares about isk instead of real world money.


HAAHHA


Still they did nothing wrong.

They scammed you of EVE related stuff in EVE just by using a website, which is perfectly legal.


Still eve puts a price on isk . About 19$ per 800 mil isk and they should protect it in some way . This isn't a contract that I didn't look at or an item in the market i didn't pay attention too . If a corp says they will do something and they take your isk and don't do it then they should pay contract or none . I will take my money to another game . Ccp is quick to take your isk away If you buy it for cash online .

We put the price on isk.
We are quick to take your isk away If you let us.
Quote:

buy it for cash online

wait ,what?!
you mean via selling plex right?
Space Ghoste
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2014-07-22 18:47:43 UTC
Hey guys im having an issue downloading the latest patch it is giving me an error saying the file is corrupt.. Message saying. "Unable to download file /590158/evepremiumpatch590158.exe from the server.
Error: url //cdn1.eveonline.com/590158/evepremiumpatch590158.exe not found"

Pleaser help. When I go to manually install patch it makes me download the entire game again???????

Cheers
Cara Forelli
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#30 - 2014-07-22 18:50:29 UTC
Space Ghoste wrote:
Hey guys im having an issue downloading the latest patch it is giving me an error saying the file is corrupt.. Message saying. "Unable to download file /590158/evepremiumpatch590158.exe from the server.
Error: url //cdn1.eveonline.com/590158/evepremiumpatch590158.exe not found"

Pleaser help. When I go to manually install patch it makes me download the entire game again???????

Cheers


Try running the repair tool, and make a new thread to ask your question. It will probably not get noticed here.

Want to talk? Join my channel in game: House Forelli

Titan's Lament

Space Ghoste
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2014-07-22 18:56:03 UTC
Cara Forelli wrote:
Space Ghoste wrote:
Hey guys im having an issue downloading the latest patch it is giving me an error saying the file is corrupt.. Message saying. "Unable to download file /590158/evepremiumpatch590158.exe from the server.
Error: url //cdn1.eveonline.com/590158/evepremiumpatch590158.exe not found"

Pleaser help. When I go to manually install patch it makes me download the entire game again???????

Cheers


Try running the repair tool, and make a new thread to ask your question. It will probably not get noticed here.


Thanks, Ive been wanting to start a new threat but I cant figure out how to for the life of me
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
Transgress
#32 - 2014-07-22 19:03:20 UTC
Space Ghoste wrote:
Cara Forelli wrote:
Space Ghoste wrote:
Hey guys im having an issue downloading the latest patch it is giving me an error saying the file is corrupt.. Message saying. "Unable to download file /590158/evepremiumpatch590158.exe from the server.
Error: url //cdn1.eveonline.com/590158/evepremiumpatch590158.exe not found"

Pleaser help. When I go to manually install patch it makes me download the entire game again???????

Cheers


Try running the repair tool, and make a new thread to ask your question. It will probably not get noticed here.


Thanks, Ive been wanting to start a new threat but I cant figure out how to for the life of me

if this is your first toon on this account you cant post outside of this sub forum.
J'Poll
MUSE LLP
RAZOR Alliance
#33 - 2014-07-22 19:50:04 UTC
Amuneti Jones wrote:
J'Poll wrote:
Amuneti Jones wrote:
I won't talk about the scam that happened to me . I will say this . Some of these scams are supported by corp websites and look legit . I've never heard of this scam and I assumed if it was a scam it would be easy for ccp to detect it and give me my isk back . I petitioned and got a not welcomed response from ccp .its strange that a company like ccp who will be bankrupt soon only cares about isk instead of real world money.


HAAHHA


Still they did nothing wrong.

They scammed you of EVE related stuff in EVE just by using a website, which is perfectly legal.


Still eve puts a price on isk . About 19$ per 800 mil isk and they should protect it in some way . This isn't a contract that I didn't look at or an item in the market i didn't pay attention too . If a corp says they will do something and they take your isk and don't do it then they should pay contract or none . I will take my money to another game . Ccp is quick to take your isk away If you buy it for cash online .


Clearly you did not know what game you started.

EVE isn't WoW and never intend to be such a game.
It's a harsh place, as soon as you redeem a PLEX, it becomes a normal in game item with the same rules as any other item.


Also, you are competing with/against other players and your "legal" stuff has no ground or what so ever.

P.s. It is a contract, you signed (by ticking the agreed box) of the EULA / ToS...

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

J'Poll
MUSE LLP
RAZOR Alliance
#34 - 2014-07-22 19:50:52 UTC
Cara Forelli wrote:
Amuneti Jones wrote:
Lol my stuff ? Lets just say I'm not leaving eve without a bang . This toon is skilled enough to do a lot of damage in the jita undock .

I reccomend smart bombs.

However, now that you are aware of the harsh nature of EVE, maybe leaving isn't necessary. It's what makes the game fun. Eat or be eaten, trust no one. Don't expect to be coddled and even as a new player you can do just fine.

It's pretty easy to not get scammed. Simply don't give anything to anyone ever, unless you fully understand the process and can ensure that it's legitimate. There is plenty of information available on good trading practices in EVE. For CCP to refund your loss would be absurd. You didn't do the due diligence, so the person that scammed you earned their prize.

It's a world without limits. Embrace it.

Fake Edit: If it's a pride thing, you can always biomass this character and reroll. Then nobody will ever know you got scammed. (If you ask me it's not worth it though. We've all made mistakes in this game and I'm quite sure a few of mine have been more expensive than yours, and rather more stupid in hindsight.)


Sorry, but OP seems so "butthurt" about falling for a scam that EVE might not be the game for him/her.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

J'Poll
MUSE LLP
RAZOR Alliance
#35 - 2014-07-22 19:51:47 UTC
Space Ghoste wrote:
Hey guys im having an issue downloading the latest patch it is giving me an error saying the file is corrupt.. Message saying. "Unable to download file /590158/evepremiumpatch590158.exe from the server.
Error: url //cdn1.eveonline.com/590158/evepremiumpatch590158.exe not found"

Pleaser help. When I go to manually install patch it makes me download the entire game again???????

Cheers


Run Repair.exe

See if that works.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

J'Poll
MUSE LLP
RAZOR Alliance
#36 - 2014-07-22 19:53:21 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Space Ghoste wrote:
Cara Forelli wrote:
Space Ghoste wrote:
Hey guys im having an issue downloading the latest patch it is giving me an error saying the file is corrupt.. Message saying. "Unable to download file /590158/evepremiumpatch590158.exe from the server.
Error: url //cdn1.eveonline.com/590158/evepremiumpatch590158.exe not found"

Pleaser help. When I go to manually install patch it makes me download the entire game again???????

Cheers


Try running the repair tool, and make a new thread to ask your question. It will probably not get noticed here.


Thanks, Ive been wanting to start a new threat but I cant figure out how to for the life of me

if this is your first toon on this account you cant post outside of this sub forum.


Not true Ralph.

It's a trial / paid account that is the restriction.

Even if this is his/her first character on his or her first account, as long as it's a full account it can post anywhere.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Cara Forelli
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#37 - 2014-07-22 20:55:52 UTC
Space Ghoste wrote:
Thanks, Ive been wanting to start a new threat but I cant figure out how to for the life of me

New Citizens Question and Answer Subforum -> "New Topic" button in the upper right.

Want to talk? Join my channel in game: House Forelli

Titan's Lament

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
Transgress
#38 - 2014-07-22 21:03:13 UTC
J'Poll wrote:

Not true Ralph.

I stand corrected
Captain Soju
Failed Diplomacy
#39 - 2014-07-24 15:07:28 UTC
@ OP

I understand your grief but i wouldn't advice discussing being scammed in the forums expecting much support, as the general attitude in Eve can be rather predatory at times. Not to say everyone is after you to laugh about your unfortunate situation but take what you read in the forums with a grain of salt.

Getting scammed can make you feel bitter but if you are willing to let it go and be more careful next time you will enjoy the game way more in the long run. I have been playing Eve on and off for quite some time now and trust me, many of us are still noobies at heart and still make stupid mistakes. Many veterans have shared solid scam-related advice which you can find by a few google searches.

If you've made up your mind to quit, that's fine but don't let people put you down. Don't forget that anonymity online makes it easy for people to bring out their bad self and thus insults have little to no value. In the end, the game is what you make out of your play time.

good luck

Previous page12