These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Burn System Freighter Fit - Aufay

Author
DrysonBennington
Eagle's Talon's
#1 - 2014-06-22 15:15:46 UTC
With CODE continuing to gank in Aufay and other systems Aufay is now under a Burn Notice.

Pilots passing through Aufay are encouraged to fit their ships with armor modules and structural modules to better assist the local Remote Repair fleets in keeping them alive when they auto-pilot through Aufay

Fitting - 3 x Reinforced Bulkheads II will give your freighter a 75% increase in structural hit points. Even though your cargo is reduced by 33% getting that 2 billion isk shipment through is more important than not getting it through.
Lord Fudo
Doomheim
#2 - 2014-06-22 16:35:20 UTC
Anyone on autopilot deserves to get ganked. Dont be lazy, at least use an alt to web you into warp, and scout the gates for you.
IIshira
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#3 - 2014-06-22 17:24:04 UTC  |  Edited by: IIshira
DrysonBennington wrote:
With CODE continuing to gank in Aufay and other systems Aufay is now under a Burn Notice.

Pilots passing through Aufay are encouraged to fit their ships with armor modules and structural modules to better assist the local Remote Repair fleets in keeping them alive when they auto-pilot through Aufay

Fitting - 3 x Reinforced Bulkheads II will give your freighter a 75% increase in structural hit points. Even though your cargo is reduced by 33% getting that 2 billion isk shipment through is more important than not getting it through.


If they're auto piloting no matter what tank they fit gankers have plenty of opportunity to gank them.

I'm just curious to what your question is?... Or did you just realize tanking a ship will reduce the chance of someone ganking it? Fitting a tank to any ship will reduce the chance it'll get ganked. This is nothing new to Eve
Hakaari Inkuran
State War Academy
Caldari State
#4 - 2014-06-22 17:36:24 UTC
I guarantee you, the only people reading your post OP, are people who already know not to autopilot through aufay with 3x cargo extenders.
IIshira
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#5 - 2014-06-22 19:04:17 UTC
Hakaari Inkuran wrote:
I guarantee you, the only people reading your post OP, are people who already know not to autopilot through aufay with 3x cargo extenders.

I do this with a cargo hold full of PLEX...
Hakaari Inkuran
State War Academy
Caldari State
#6 - 2014-06-22 19:15:07 UTC
IIshira wrote:
Hakaari Inkuran wrote:
I guarantee you, the only people reading your post OP, are people who already know not to autopilot through aufay with 3x cargo extenders.

I do this with a cargo hold full of PLEX...

<3
Dato Koppla
Rattini Tribe
Minmatar Fleet Alliance
#7 - 2014-06-23 06:13:53 UTC
Sigh, they will never learn =/
Oxide Ammar
#8 - 2014-06-23 06:19:30 UTC
As far as I know they are ganking any freighter that moves tha enter the system... or only the ones in auto pilot ?

Lady Areola Fappington:  Solo PVP isn't dead!  You just need to make sure you have your booster, remote rep, cyno, and emergency Falcon alts logged in and ready before you do any solo PVPing.

Bronson Hughes
The Knights of the Blessed Mother of Acceleration
#9 - 2014-06-23 16:18:43 UTC
DrysonBennington wrote:
With CODE continuing to gank in Aufay and other systems Aufay is now under a Burn Notice.

Pilots passing through Aufay are encouraged to fit their ships with armor modules and structural modules to better assist the local Remote Repair fleets in keeping them alive when they auto-pilot through Aufay

Fitting - 3 x Reinforced Bulkheads II will give your freighter a 75% increase in structural hit points. Even though your cargo is reduced by 33% getting that 2 billion isk shipment through is more important than not getting it through.


I find this post interesting coming from a pilot who was helping CODE. bump freighters in Aufay recently.*

The best fit is to fit your behind to a chair that's sitting in front of your keyboard. No matter what you fit, if CODE. means to gank you, they will gank you. Autopiloting expensive ships is never a smart move, and flying a freighter through any system with an active freighter-ganking campaign going on is an even less smart move.




*In your defense, you could have been trying to bump the bumpers, or bump the freighters into alignment, but whatever you were doing it was not helping the freighters.

Relatively Notorious By Association

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs

IIshira
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#10 - 2014-06-23 16:37:57 UTC
Bronson Hughes wrote:
DrysonBennington wrote:
With CODE continuing to gank in Aufay and other systems Aufay is now under a Burn Notice.

Pilots passing through Aufay are encouraged to fit their ships with armor modules and structural modules to better assist the local Remote Repair fleets in keeping them alive when they auto-pilot through Aufay

Fitting - 3 x Reinforced Bulkheads II will give your freighter a 75% increase in structural hit points. Even though your cargo is reduced by 33% getting that 2 billion isk shipment through is more important than not getting it through.


I find this post interesting coming from a pilot who was helping CODE. bump freighters in Aufay recently.*

The best fit is to fit your behind to a chair that's sitting in front of your keyboard. No matter what you fit, if CODE. means to gank you, they will gank you. Autopiloting expensive ships is never a smart move, and flying a freighter through any system with an active freighter-ganking campaign going on is an even less smart move.




*In your defense, you could have been trying to bump the bumpers, or bump the freighters into alignment, but whatever you were doing it was not helping the freighters.


So basically it's a CODE alt talking about how big his epeen is. Just like RL people love bragging about their "Bad deeds". It must be some physiological need.
Odithia
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2014-06-23 17:02:42 UTC
Bronson Hughes wrote:
[quote=DrysonBennington]
The best fit is to fit your behind to a chair that's sitting in front of your keyboard. No matter what you fit, if CODE. means to gank you, they will gank you. Autopiloting expensive ships is never a smart move, and flying a freighter through any system with an active freighter-ganking campaign going on is an even less smart move.

Even if you manualy fly, with something that align in more than 30sec, can you really warp in time not to be permanently bumped by someone ? No mater how many EHP you have, you can be perma bumped untill the guy bumping you call a suffisient number of friends.

Or do you gank autopiloting-freighter as a matter of principle and let the non-afk-tanked-freighter go trough unless they carry a juicy enough cargo.
Voyager Arran
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2014-06-23 21:58:37 UTC
IIshira wrote:
Bronson Hughes wrote:
DrysonBennington wrote:
With CODE continuing to gank in Aufay and other systems Aufay is now under a Burn Notice.

Pilots passing through Aufay are encouraged to fit their ships with armor modules and structural modules to better assist the local Remote Repair fleets in keeping them alive when they auto-pilot through Aufay

Fitting - 3 x Reinforced Bulkheads II will give your freighter a 75% increase in structural hit points. Even though your cargo is reduced by 33% getting that 2 billion isk shipment through is more important than not getting it through.


I find this post interesting coming from a pilot who was helping CODE. bump freighters in Aufay recently.*

The best fit is to fit your behind to a chair that's sitting in front of your keyboard. No matter what you fit, if CODE. means to gank you, they will gank you. Autopiloting expensive ships is never a smart move, and flying a freighter through any system with an active freighter-ganking campaign going on is an even less smart move.




*In your defense, you could have been trying to bump the bumpers, or bump the freighters into alignment, but whatever you were doing it was not helping the freighters.


So basically it's a CODE alt talking about how big his epeen is. Just like RL people love bragging about their "Bad deeds". It must be some physiological need.


No, Dryson got ganked by CODE a few times and now he dedicates his existence to whoring on their Concord killmails and making hilarious theorycraft threads on the general forums.
Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#13 - 2014-06-24 06:54:53 UTC
DrysonBennington wrote:
With CODE continuing to gank in Aufay and other systems Aufay is now under a Burn Notice.

Pilots passing through Aufay are encouraged to fit their ships with armor modules and structural modules to better assist the local Remote Repair fleets in keeping them alive when they auto-pilot through Aufay

Fitting - 3 x Reinforced Bulkheads II will give your freighter a 75% increase in structural hit points. Even though your cargo is reduced by 33% getting that 2 billion isk shipment through is more important than not getting it through.


Hek<->dodixie is afaik 3 extra jumps if you set aufay in the routing avoid list. Aufay is not a choke, and CODE is not setup in the actual choke, which is unsuprising to me, and was the first thing I checked when it became public they were controlling Aufay. CODE does not exist to make highsec unusable.

I'd expect even less mercy on freighters in aufay in the future, because as time goes on, only the monumentally unaware/dumb should be flying into it.

Also don't haul 2b shipments in 1 hit - divide out the valuables, send them in blockade runner / DST as is appropriate, low value bulk only in freighters.
Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#14 - 2014-06-26 19:46:55 UTC
DrysonBennington wrote:
With CODE continuing to gank in Aufay and other systems Aufay is now under a Burn Notice.

Pilots passing through Aufay are encouraged to fit their ships with armor modules and structural modules to better assist the local Remote Repair fleets in keeping them alive when they auto-pilot through Aufay

Fitting - 3 x Reinforced Bulkheads II will give your freighter a 75% increase in structural hit points. Even though your cargo is reduced by 33% getting that 2 billion isk shipment through is more important than not getting it through.


AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Praise James, Supreme Protector of High Sec.

Wocks Eh
Iskaholics Anonymous
#15 - 2014-06-26 19:51:14 UTC
The correct fit is right click avoid solar system
BuckStrider
Nano-Tech Experiments
#16 - 2014-06-26 22:07:14 UTC
You can always purchase a permit. Being Code compliant has always been the best tank.

Mine smart. Mine safe. Purchase your mining permit today...... www.minerbumping.com

Carniflex
StarHunt
Mordus Angels
#17 - 2014-06-27 11:21:59 UTC
All you need is an alt with a ship with bonus to web range and three webs. Minmatar recon and their T2 ewar frigate, for example. Lacking these any T1 firgate would do but you would have to burn towards your freighter for ~5 seconds first after most jumps.

Here, sanity... niiiice sanity, come to daddy... okay, that's a good sanity... THWONK! GOT the bastard.