These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page
 

Which Level 3 Missions are the Easiest ones?

Author
Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#21 - 2014-06-15 03:09:13 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
Depends on what you fly. Generally speaking, they're all easy if you're flying a Mach. The only one I worry about is the silly one where you fly into an ambush; you're in the middle of a square, with towers and NPCs shooting at you. That one is a bit tricky in a blitz Ishtar.


Oh and to go back and touch on this real quick. In this case this reply would be more correct seeing that the OP isn't actually a newbie as his questions and character age would lead one to believe. For a vet, absolutely, generally in this fashion, overpower it. Of course you don't need a BS to overpower it, but the general gist is to just get through lvl3's as quickly as possible for the standing gains, probably not even bothering to loot. imo if an alt can't do that, may as well leave it in station training until it can, other than taking it out for a little fun now and then just because. Having grinned two characters for standings and currently grinding a third for mission standings, it just seems illogical to take on such things as if being a newbie again... unless you just have nothing better to do in all of the EVE universe which is sad since mission running is pretty underwhelming in and of itself. Well... at least it's not mining.

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

Lar Tadaruwa
State War Academy
Caldari State
#22 - 2014-06-15 03:13:17 UTC
Webvan wrote:
Lar Tadaruwa wrote:

No , I meant, telling me what to do or what to think, instead of objectively presenting info.
Exactly like you just did.
Then you don't understand what I said, unless my saying that it's relative to the pilot is somehow telling you how it is by some doctrinal standard. Like, if I told you not to trust what I say, would you be faced with the dilemma of trusting what I said to "not trust what I say"? I think you are over complicating it into irrelevance and towards harsh debates that amount to nothing really. All I can say from this point, as I've said, is just jump in and do it, you'll figure it out. And so what if you lose a ship or two in the process, the game is suppose to be about fun, and you are not a newbie that is going to be hard hit by losing some ships on lvl3 missions. luckz

But I find it more fun to save my ship than to lose my ships and pay 10 PLEX to lose them all over again.
Not only do I find it more fun, it is also more healthy for me and my family.
What do you think?

I don't want to debate.
If I wanted to, I would make threads to, like critics thread of thread 'n'.

If you told me not to trust what you said, I would pay you 1 million for the effort and being frank about it.

I don't do this to complicate it, unless you find it complicated to express truth and prefer rely on opinions?
It seems to go against your prerogative or , perhaps runs against your line or profit.

All kidding aside, I am going to search for and post about Level 3 mission (security, for now) which are easier and list them by names.
The same for those harder and the related standings of those missions.


I could add something about storyline mission giving more faction points.
It would also lead to whether it is better to do more cargo missions to get more standings that way.
But it seems security missions pays more.

EVE Online Billboard News http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels - Quafe Free-delivery offer! - Buy Quafe for Futility contest.  +Answer the Quafe Quiz to win.

Lar Tadaruwa
State War Academy
Caldari State
#23 - 2014-06-15 03:21:59 UTC
Hasikan Miallok wrote:
The only really easy Level IIIs are Recon 1 to 3 and a couple of other ones you can blitz without fighting. Note missions like Recon are meant to be blitzed and have stupid DPS if you actually try and fight them.

Yes, that was easy, but I killed them anyways.

Hasikan Miallok wrote:
Note the DPS in most level IIIS is managemeable providing you note the trigger ships mentioned in EVE survival and do not set them all off at once. Setting off full room aggro can be overwhelming eve in an otherwise "easy" mission.

Portal to War (2 of 5) is one of those which sets an alarm if you don't pick up a dropped item (from loot).
I could have gotten it by placing an MTU a few km away, so to be out of range.
Then the acceleration gate gets guarded and 2 pilots can't even fight them off.

Hasikan Miallok wrote:

I) . If your grinding for standing you need:
- Connections at IV or V
- Social at IV or V

or it will take forever to get to level IVs.

I have Social V and I'm going to get Connections V.
I have Connections IV for now.
That will give me 4% once completed in around 5 days or less.

Hasikan Miallok wrote:

II) . With only one agent to choose from you should:
1. Ask for a mission and if good do it, if bad decline
2. if you declined first ask for a second one, if that is also bad delay it NOT decline it.
3. At this point you may as well and go run missions for the level 2 agent in the Simela system for the next 4 hours.
4. IMPORTANT - If you are logging off and have no delayed missions ask for a new mission before you logoff. If its good delay it and keep it for when you log back on.

I don't decline missions.
Sometimes, if I can't finish it, I cancel it.
I used to delay missions before but I forgot to do it .
Maybe I should.

Some missions just fail, and so needs to be cancelled.
There is a way to fight NPCs but it is not necessary .

I only take one mission at a time.

EVE Online Billboard News http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels - Quafe Free-delivery offer! - Buy Quafe for Futility contest.  +Answer the Quafe Quiz to win.

Lar Tadaruwa
State War Academy
Caldari State
#24 - 2014-06-15 03:24:53 UTC
Webvan wrote:
stoicfaux wrote:
Depends on what you fly. Generally speaking, they're all easy if you're flying a Mach. The only one I worry about is the silly one where you fly into an ambush; you're in the middle of a square, with towers and NPCs shooting at you. That one is a bit tricky in a blitz Ishtar.


Oh and to go back and touch on this real quick. In this case this reply would be more correct seeing that the OP isn't actually a newbie as his questions and character age would lead one to believe. For a vet, absolutely, generally in this fashion, overpower it. Of course you don't need a BS to overpower it, but the general gist is to just get through lvl3's as quickly as possible for the standing gains, probably not even bothering to loot. imo if an alt can't do that, may as well leave it in station training until it can, other than taking it out for a little fun now and then just because. Having grinned two characters for standings and currently grinding a third for mission standings, it just seems illogical to take on such things as if being a newbie again... unless you just have nothing better to do in all of the EVE universe which is sad since mission running is pretty underwhelming in and of itself. Well... at least it's not mining.

tbh, it was harder for me to reach level 2 and 3.
Now that I'm at level 3 and know I can't make enough income to cover my costs, I won't need 4 or 5.
I may try to , and compare for exactitude and to know the exact ratios but it seems it won't be profitable to me.

EVE Online Billboard News http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels - Quafe Free-delivery offer! - Buy Quafe for Futility contest.  +Answer the Quafe Quiz to win.

Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#25 - 2014-06-15 04:11:42 UTC
Lar Tadaruwa wrote:

But I find it more fun to save my ship than to lose my ships and pay 10 PLEX to lose them all over again.
Not only do I find it more fun, it is also more healthy for me and my family.
What do you think?
Well on this, my personal response, I can build an AF for about 30mil (all T2 fit). A Vengeance is the cheaper hull, so I have a stack of them other than my Hawks etc which cost an extra 10m to fly above that 30m, and compared to my other AF's. That is basically what I get from 1 lvl4 mission, and I don't lose AF's very often in pve... oh wait never have. But if I did, 10 PLEX is worth ~7B which would buy me ... 233.33333 fully fit Vengeance AF's (to use the lesser hull though I usually fly the hawk) which will basically over power lvl3 missions and as well as hum through many lvl4's. And doing that with less than 10M SP just to mention. Wipe the floor of the rats.

Me, I find it more fun to just leave the alt in the barn until it can do what I want it to do. Basically, I just grab an omni-fit AF (more pvp fit) with a load of missiles, click request from a lvl3 agent, click on destination then hit accept, no reading comprehension or thought sacrificed over the matter. It'll even warn me if I need space in my hold. That's about as smart as missions get at least thru three. They were designed for newbies, with lvl4's being maybe a little bit more. Even then, lvl4's don't start to get interesting until you get into the more quality range of offers.

The reason this may be difficult for you, is because the mission design is to go in step with newbie training. The newbie isn't going to stop training and continue to keep building standings, or try to. So at some point, after stopping the training, you'll hit a wall. For a newbie with the training que active, not a big issue, no wall. But an alt with less than 2 mil SP and no further training, it's simply a matter of over extending what is possible or usable. It doesn't really help newbies by covering it, since they are not going to do it that way. There are still tough times for newbies, but they are always a day away from breezing through it with the next attempt, or have many other things to do while they wait for the SP to catch up. But for you, completely different situation, more of just figuring out what is your best limitation. And really, lvl3 is a very-very low bar in the grand scheme of EVE activities.

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

Goldiiee
Bureau of Astronomical Anomalies
#26 - 2014-06-15 04:11:57 UTC
I honestly don't think you are understanding me.

I am trying to help.

You seem to have missed something important on your way. Perhaps you need fitting advise more than mission advice, as you should not be losing even 1 PLEX worth of ships a year doing Lvl-3 missions.

Perhaps you can share the ship and fittings you are currently using in the missions you are attempting, as that could be the biggest problem.

I will check back in the morning, to see how you are doing.

Things that keep me up at night;  Why do we use a voice communication device to send telegraphs? Moore's Law should state, Once you have paid off the last PC upgrade you will need another.

Lar Tadaruwa
State War Academy
Caldari State
#27 - 2014-06-15 04:19:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Lar Tadaruwa
idk, but I just finished to upload my videos and I maybe unable to read your posts until next week or next month.
I have to spend money to register copyrights so I can protect my work.
(To spend more money on reading you and replying to you would make me unable to register my work.
I'm sure you can't understand that.)

Actually , I'll print them and read them overnight on my way home.
I have to write a letter to send overseas though, so I shouldn't have time for that either.

Edit:
I read your post and you try to make me seem like if I have a problem rather than look at the opportunity.
It would and does in fact waste my opportunities.
I did not create this thread about problems but rather to write about which missions are easier and hardest by name.
I found that it would be an opportunity to note them so to compare with the different Standings gains (or losses).

Goldiiee wrote:

Perhaps you can share the ship and fittings you are currently using in the missions you are attempting, as that could be the biggest problem.


I don't like the way you try to twist it into a problem solving matter when it is not.
I will block you .

EVE Online Billboard News http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels - Quafe Free-delivery offer! - Buy Quafe for Futility contest.  +Answer the Quafe Quiz to win.

Glathull
Warlock Assassins
#28 - 2014-06-15 05:46:06 UTC
I was just pondering the level of misunderstanding going on in this thread. I looked down at my girlfriend's dog and started to say, "This thread . . . Such fail . . ."

And the dog pulled a large trout out of her pocket and slapped the s**t out of my computer screen with it.

I'm sharing this totally 100% true and not made up at all story with you because I agree with the dog: this thread needs to be slapped with a trout.


How's that for Pssssssshhhhh?

I honestly feel like I just read fifty shades of dumb. --CCP Falcon

Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#29 - 2014-06-15 06:23:26 UTC
Glathull wrote:
I was just pondering the level of misunderstanding going on in this thread. I looked down at my girlfriend's dog and started to say, "This thread . . . Such fail . . ."

And the dog pulled a large trout out of her pocket and slapped the s**t out of my computer screen with it.

I'm sharing this totally 100% true and not made up at all story with you because I agree with the dog: this thread needs to be slapped with a trout.


How's that for Pssssssshhhhh?

CCP is hiring Smile

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

Lar Tadaruwa
State War Academy
Caldari State
#30 - 2014-06-15 15:05:27 UTC
Oh let me see...
Rephrase it to :
- Critical Point of How to Complicate Mission 101 of 2?

EVE Online Billboard News http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels - Quafe Free-delivery offer! - Buy Quafe for Futility contest.  +Answer the Quafe Quiz to win.

Goldiiee
Bureau of Astronomical Anomalies
#31 - 2014-06-15 17:16:57 UTC
I see your still looking for the answer you expect rather than the right answer;

There are a 141 missions for Lvl-3 agents that you can get.

All of them are a breeze (Easy) with a ship that does 500 dps with ranges of 3000m to 65km and can tank 700dps. And most of them are impossible to merely difficult in a T1 frig with less than 150dps and a 400ehp buffer tank.

So we come back to the question I asked last night, what are you trying to do the mission in (What ship).

Answer that, and I am sure the me and the community will have the right answer for you.

Things that keep me up at night;  Why do we use a voice communication device to send telegraphs? Moore's Law should state, Once you have paid off the last PC upgrade you will need another.

Taegessia
Doomheim
#32 - 2014-06-15 22:48:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Taegessia
Trying to answer your question as realistically as possible, I do not think you will get accurate results at your current level of skills, because that would make most of the easy missions look hard. Someone will get a different experience with near maxed skills and a most advanced T2 fit, mixed with some faction\deadspace items ideally (within reasonable limits).

While you give lots of details about how you are running this project of yours, there seems to be an innate trend to your posting that excludes constructive criticism (which only targets to improve the outcome of your objective) from other players that posted. So when I read at some point (random pick) that you are training Connections to V, i can't help myself to wonder and make the question :

" Why would you be willing to train that skill to V (or prioritize it over others) and not be willing to spend those 2 weeks training something else that would actually produce more accurate results & most likely reduce the amount of effort during your testing ? ".

I can easily say that this comment is meant as constructive criticism or, indirectly, as an advice mixed with a tone of personal puzzlement (over choice of skill) but the chance is that you are going to see it as something irrelevant to your initial query and possibly be offended as well. I hope you will not but if you do, it is your prerogative to do so, naturally.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid this kind of responding philosophy you have adopted towards other player's obvious willingness to help will lead you to an impasse. And speaking with riddles & a style that I could describe as "reading a science fiction novel" rather than a straightforward description of your query, only makes the task for the responding candidates so much harder.

Good luck to your quest.

"Please add an option to automatically repackage & stack our currently unpackaged items in our item hangar".

Lar Tadaruwa
State War Academy
Caldari State
#33 - 2014-06-15 23:53:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Lar Tadaruwa
Taegessia wrote:
Trying to answer your question as realistically as possible, I do not think you will get accurate results at your current level of skills, because that would make most of the easy missions look hard. Someone will get a different experience with near maxed skills and a most advanced T2 fit, mixed with some faction\deadspace items ideally (within reasonable limits).

While you give lots of details about how you are running this project of yours, there seems to be an innate trend to your posting that excludes constructive criticism (which only targets to improve the outcome of your objective) from other players that posted. So when I read at some point (random pick) that you are training Connections to V, i can't help myself to wonder and make the question :

" Why would you be willing to train that skill to V (or prioritize it over others) and not be willing to spend those 2 weeks training something else that would actually produce more accurate results & most likely reduce the amount of effort during your testing ? ".

I can easily say that this comment is meant as constructive criticism or, indirectly, as an advice mixed with a tone of personal puzzlement (over choice of skill) but the chance is that you are going to see it as something irrelevant to your initial query and possibly be offended as well. I hope you will not but if you do, it is your prerogative to do so, naturally.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid this kind of responding philosophy you have adopted towards other player's obvious willingness to help will lead you to an impasse. And speaking with riddles & a style that i can describe as "reading a science fiction novel" rather than straightforward description of your query, only makes the task for the responding candidates so much harder.

Good luck to your quest.
That is why I solo.

I find your statement rather complicating.

As for the Connection V, I planned to learn it after this current one.
I just got a storyline which may put me up to level 4.
Either way, it's not going to be worth it for me anymore due to time restrictions.

You're clearly misunderstanding me, misinterpreting me, and won't have the time to understand me either.
Neither do I.

I will also have to block you too.

EVE Online Billboard News http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels - Quafe Free-delivery offer! - Buy Quafe for Futility contest.  +Answer the Quafe Quiz to win.

Lar Tadaruwa
State War Academy
Caldari State
#34 - 2014-06-16 00:31:42 UTC
You fail to understand I won't have the time or money for that for 3 years going on 6 years.

You refuse to accept it and try to hold me liable of some wrongdoing or fault .

It's dangerous and is interfering against my work, income and family.

EVE Online Billboard News http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels - Quafe Free-delivery offer! - Buy Quafe for Futility contest.  +Answer the Quafe Quiz to win.

Hakaari Inkuran
State War Academy
Caldari State
#35 - 2014-06-16 13:30:56 UTC
I approve of this product and/or service.
Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#36 - 2014-06-16 13:52:54 UTC
Lar Tadaruwa wrote:
You fail to understand I won't have the time or money for that for 3 years going on 6 years.

You refuse to accept it and try to hold me liable of some wrongdoing or fault .

It's dangerous and is interfering against my work, income and family.


If EVE is "interfering against my work, income and family." for you, stop playing EVE. It's better that way.

As for your OP, all level 3 mission are easy if you do them the way they are meant to be done. What you do them in, how you proceed to do them and your level of competency (both in term of actual player skill and in game skill accumulation in the relevant area) will dictate how hard/easy they are. There are no list of this because the difficulty of each mission is cannot really be rated unless we are provided a stable point for comparison.

Let's give you an example.

Let's say for example you run mission against Gurista rats with a dominix. The dominix is fitted with kinetic hardner for the tank it choosed. At that point, pretty much all level 3 mission against Guristas would be easy because you could tank through anything it can throw at you.

Change those hardners to EM and everything just became harder because the tool to execute the mission (an AM tanked Domi) is not the right one. People can still power their way through it but it could be made easyer.

All the combat mission work that way. They can all be easy and they can all be harder.You absolutely can't make a list unless you know exactly against what they are rated hence why we cannot provide you a direct answer to your request. People are much more used to provide info on how to make each mission easyer than which one is easy because you can apply a set of knowledge to it to push
Antillie Sa'Kan
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#37 - 2014-06-16 14:33:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Antillie Sa'Kan
Lar Tadaruwa wrote:
Goldiiee wrote:

Perhaps you can share the ship and fittings you are currently using in the missions you are attempting, as that could be the biggest problem.


I don't like the way you try to twist it into a problem solving matter when it is not.
I will block you .

He obviously does not want help.

10/10 - Well done OP, well done.
Goldiiee
Bureau of Astronomical Anomalies
#38 - 2014-06-16 15:27:02 UTC
Antillie Sa'Kan wrote:
Lar Tadaruwa wrote:
Goldiiee wrote:

Perhaps you can share the ship and fittings you are currently using in the missions you are attempting, as that could be the biggest problem.


I don't like the way you try to twist it into a problem solving matter when it is not.
I will block you .

He obviously does not want help.

10/10 - Well done OP, well done.

Yeah I don't know if it was a language/Google translator barrier, or if it is the OP is looking for an answer and right or wrong he is going to wait till he gets the answer he wanted.

But since he blocked me, I figure I can go back to helping the thousands of people that actually want to learn rather that helping the one that thinks he knows it all already.

Things that keep me up at night;  Why do we use a voice communication device to send telegraphs? Moore's Law should state, Once you have paid off the last PC upgrade you will need another.

Lar Tadaruwa
State War Academy
Caldari State
#39 - 2014-06-16 22:15:07 UTC
Which (SoE) Level 3 (security) missions are the easiest ?
- Which are the ones that can be done the fastest with the least risk of problems?

Which are the hardest although they may give the highest rewards?

What is the actual standing gained (numerically speaking, before adjustments or after)?


I obviously have more to say on this and may make a new thread to try to filter disturbances or dissent.

EVE Online Billboard News http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels - Quafe Free-delivery offer! - Buy Quafe for Futility contest.  +Answer the Quafe Quiz to win.

Antillie Sa'Kan
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#40 - 2014-06-16 22:34:45 UTC
Lar Tadaruwa wrote:
Which (SoE) Level 3 (security) missions are the easiest ?
- Which are the ones that can be done the fastest with the least risk of problems?

Which are the hardest although they may give the highest rewards?

What is the actual standing gained (numerically speaking, before adjustments or after)?


I obviously have more to say on this and may make a new thread to try to filter disturbances or dissent.

Honestly L3 missions are so trivial that I seriously doubt anyone has ever or will ever bother to collect data like this. Nobody knows because nobody cares enough to find out.

I suppose blockade gets a mention as one of the harder ones. Same for recon part 1. (unless you blitz it in a shuttle/frigate, then its silly easy)
Previous page123Next page