These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

NPC Alliance

First post
Author
Lunkwill Khashour
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2014-06-06 16:39:50 UTC
Starting from the following:

1. A player not in a player corporation is in a NPC corporation.
2. Player corporations can't wage war with NPC corporation or with their individual members.


I thought we should extend this to alliances:

1. A player corporation not in a player alliance is in a NPC alliance (1 for each empire)
2. Player alliances can't wage war with the NPC alliances of with their individual member corporations.

This provides corporations protection from alliances and vice versa. Shenanigans with leaving/joining alliances could follow.

Gully Alex Foyle
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2014-06-06 16:43:04 UTC
I'd ditch this:
Lunkwill Khashour wrote:
2. Player corporations can't wage war with NPC corporation or with their individual members
and solve the problem.

But I'd do it in the F&I subforum.

Make space glamorous! Is EVE dying or not? Ask the EVE-O Death-o-meter!

Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#3 - 2014-06-06 16:43:26 UTC
Militias?

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Gully Alex Foyle
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2014-06-06 16:45:38 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Militias?
Also, but same-militia corps can wardec eachother, which is useful at times. Big smile

Make space glamorous! Is EVE dying or not? Ask the EVE-O Death-o-meter!

ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#5 - 2014-06-06 22:01:15 UTC
I have removed some rule breaking posts.

The Rules:
4. Personal attacks are prohibited.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not beneficial to the community spirit that CCP promote and as such they will not be tolerated.


26. Off-topic posting is prohibited.

Off-topic posting is permitted within reason, as sometimes a single comment may color or lighten the tone of discussion. However, excessive posting of off-topic remarks in an attempt to derail a thread may result in the thread being locked, or a forum warning being issued.



This thread has also been moved to Features & Ideas Discussion.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Antillie Sa'Kan
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2014-06-06 22:13:15 UTC
So you want a player corp (with a nice 0% tax rate) to be immune to war decs in exchange for giving up its ability to war dec other player corps?

Show me where mean war dec corp touched you.
Antihrist Pripravnik
Scorpion Road Industry
#7 - 2014-06-07 00:49:57 UTC
Lunkwill Khashour wrote:
1. A player corporation not in a player alliance is in a NPC alliance (1 for each empire)
2. Player alliances can't wage war with the NPC alliances of with their individual member corporations.


So, to rephrase it a bit better: Corporations should be immune to war decs until they join a player run alliance.

Sorry, but no.
Adira Nictor
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2014-06-07 02:13:54 UTC
Antihrist Pripravnik wrote:
Lunkwill Khashour wrote:
1. A player corporation not in a player alliance is in a NPC alliance (1 for each empire)
2. Player alliances can't wage war with the NPC alliances of with their individual member corporations.


So, to rephrase it a bit better: Corporations should be immune to war decs until they join a player run alliance.

Sorry, but no.


That's not fair, you misunderstood op. He suggests that a player corp shouldn't be able to be wardeced by an alliance, unless that player corp is in a player alliance.

I still agree with you overall though, the answer should still be no.

Antihrist Pripravnik
Scorpion Road Industry
#9 - 2014-06-07 13:37:30 UTC
Adira Nictor wrote:
Antihrist Pripravnik wrote:
Lunkwill Khashour wrote:
1. A player corporation not in a player alliance is in a NPC alliance (1 for each empire)
2. Player alliances can't wage war with the NPC alliances of with their individual member corporations.


So, to rephrase it a bit better: Corporations should be immune to war decs until they join a player run alliance.

Sorry, but no.


That's not fair, you misunderstood op. He suggests that a player corp shouldn't be able to be wardeced by an alliance, unless that player corp is in a player alliance.

I still agree with you overall though, the answer should still be no.


That I did, sorry about that.Smile

Still I don't like the general idea. It's too limiting.