These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Macintosh

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Kronos Macintosh Issues and Feedback

First post
Author
Magos Throd Kotov
Nox Explorator
#21 - 2014-06-03 15:54:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Magos Throd Kotov
The installer for Macs doesn't have a functioning "Applications" link in the install window. I've gone around this by just dragging it into the Applications folder manually, no big deal, but it comes across as very unprofessional and entry-level when the installer itself isn't vetted enough for issues like this. If I was a brand new player starting today, this would be a huge red flag in relation to Mac support and integration.

I just downloaded the newest build available for Mac Players from the drop down menu in account management.

Once the download was finished, and I mounted the disk image, the /Volumes/Eve Online finder window comes up, with the Eve app on the left, and an arrow pointing to the Application Folder, or what should be the Application Folder. Instead it is just a blank sheet. Dragging the Eve app to the Applications page right next to it as instructed does nothing but give you a circle with a slash through it as the cursor, telling you that you cannot move anything there.


Software Downloaded: eve-premium_009797_792006-mac.dmg
SCIACARL MARTE
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2014-06-03 15:58:41 UTC
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
The Launcher comes up , sign in and press play, then nothing.....Sad

guess I will do the repair. and if that does not work, delete cache I guess.What?



the same here, but I think its better like that
because If I see that the gila has only 100 m3 ok cargo and 50 mhz of bandwidht for drone i quit EVE for ever.
Arola Takuna
Perkone
Caldari State
#23 - 2014-06-03 16:10:53 UTC
CCP Sledgehammer wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
The Launcher comes up , sign in and press play, then nothing.....Sad

guess I will do the repair. and if that does not work, delete cache I guess.What?


Hi Epicurus, could you try the following first:

1. Open Terminal (From Applications > Utilities).
2. In the resulting Terminal window type the following then hit ENTER: "open Library"
3. You should now have the Library open in a finder window, find the folder called "Application Support" and open it.
4. Find the "EVE Online" folder and open it.
5. Find the file called "config". Rename it to something different like oldconfig.
6. Run your TQ Launcher
7. Attempt to log in to TQ.
8. Success or Failure? Post in this thread please.

If that doesn't work, I have another potential workaround




This solved the same problem for me - thanks!
Wraith Lamented
Doomheim
#24 - 2014-06-03 16:12:27 UTC

Here is some feedback: KRONOS DOESN'T LAUNCH! In typical fashion, a major new patch/update has caused me to lose at least a day of gaming, probably more. And I hear now we'll get this kind of treatment several times a year- OH JOY!

The launcher is now broken by the 'fix' , err, I mean, the patch (update). Same issue as others... i login, push 'play' and NADA. I only had a bit of time to log in today, which is now consumed by dealing with another so-called 'update'.

By the way... asking people to dive into their files and make 'changes' when most of us don't really know what we are doing... when your own launcher should be working in the first place... especially when it HAD BEEN working before you 'fixed' it... lame.

EVERY TIME there is a major update, we get headaches like this....

Please fix the launcher... my skill queue only has like 1-2 days left on it! Im guessing it may take that long... who the heck knows...
CCP Maxwell
C C P
C C P Alliance
#25 - 2014-06-03 16:18:21 UTC
Wraith Lamented wrote:

Here is some feedback: KRONOS DOESN'T LAUNCH! In typical fashion, a major new patch/update has caused me to lose at least a day of gaming, probably more. And I hear now we'll get this kind of treatment several times a year- OH JOY!

The launcher is now broken by the 'fix' , err, I mean, the patch (update). Same issue as others... i login, push 'play' and NADA. I only had a bit of time to log in today, which is now consumed by dealing with another so-called 'update'.

By the way... asking people to dive into their files and make 'changes' when most of us don't really know what we are doing... when your own launcher should be working in the first place... especially when it HAD BEEN working before you 'fixed' it... lame.

EVERY TIME there is a major update, we get headaches like this....

Please fix the launcher... my skill queue only has like 1-2 days left on it! Im guessing it may take that long... who the heck knows...


Are you by any chance using OS X 10.6? The minimum requirements have been updated. Min Specs

CCP Maxwell - QA Engineer - Team RnB

CCP Antiquarian
C C P
C C P Alliance
#26 - 2014-06-03 16:19:26 UTC
If you are on any Mac OS before 10.7.5, EVE Online will not run on your machine.


The new system requirements are posted here:

http://www.eveonline.com/faq/client-system-requirements/

"Singularity pilots are helpful pilots."

@CCP_Antiquarian - for immediate fulfillment of your archaic social media needs.

W Sherman Elric
Argentum Holdings
#27 - 2014-06-03 16:37:27 UTC
CCP Antiquarian wrote:
If you are on any Mac OS before 10.7.5, EVE Online will not run on your machine.


The new system requirements are posted here:

http://www.eveonline.com/faq/client-system-requirements/


That might have been something to broadcast a bit louder, lol. Had I know about the req change I would have downloaded the software update 12 hours ago. Well in about 3 hours I should be up and trying to run eve again.

Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#28 - 2014-06-03 16:43:42 UTC
Sita Tengin wrote:
Hello

I was having the same issue with the launcher, using Snow Leopard (10.6.8).

Currently downloading OS X Mavericks. Will I have to reinstall Eve ?

A month ago when I went from 10.7 to 10.9, I did not have to reinstall eve.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Sita Tengin
Doomheim
#29 - 2014-06-03 16:45:09 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
Sita Tengin wrote:
Hello

I was having the same issue with the launcher, using Snow Leopard (10.6.8).

Currently downloading OS X Mavericks. Will I have to reinstall Eve ?

A month ago when I went from 10.7 to 10.9, I did not have to reinstall eve.



Thank you, that's good news.
CCP Sledgehammer
C C P
C C P Alliance
#30 - 2014-06-03 17:46:41 UTC
According to Vincent Athena in another thread, he did not have to reinstall.

Graphical QA Analyst | EVE Quality Assurance | Team TriLambda

Jonathan Warghost
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#31 - 2014-06-03 18:28:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonathan Warghost
After installing Kronos update, the only issue i have noticed so far with my MBP is the graphics are shaky.. almost like they are vibrating. I have all the settings set to performance(using the in-game graphics optimizer). Ive restored the client, restarted my MAC, and it still has shakey graphics.

My Setup:
Macbook Pro
2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 4000 w/ LG external Monitor using HDMI from Thunderbolt Port
OS X 10.9.3 (13D65)

Edit note... Launcher loads, logs in, let's me into the station I'm docked at. The graphics themselves are shakey and kind of looks like a 3D image without 3D glasses. My monitor is the only monitor I use, with my MBP closed so I'm not using the built in screen. Have never had this issue with my monitor until the Kronos release, and technically doesn't keep me from being able to play, but makes it very difficult on the eyes with all edges, lines, lettering, etc seeming to be vibrating and shaking like it's having a seizure
Seith Kali
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#32 - 2014-06-03 18:51:45 UTC
Plugging in a second monitor throws an unhandled exception 100% of the time on a MBP L2011 OSX 10.9.3

Apprentice Goonswarm Economic Warfare Consultant - Drowning in entitlement and privilege. 

Ulises Reyes
Asteroid Logistics Initiative
#33 - 2014-06-03 19:03:51 UTC
Arola Takuna wrote:
CCP Sledgehammer wrote:
[quote=epicurus ataraxia]The Launcher comes up , sign in and press play, then nothing.....Sad

guess I will do the repair. and if that does not work, delete cache I guess.What?


Hi Epicurus, could you try the following first:

1. Open Terminal (From Applications > Utilities).
2. In the resulting Terminal window type the following then hit ENTER: "open Library"
3. You should now have the Library open in a finder window, find the folder called "Application Support" and open it.
4. Find the "EVE Online" folder and open it.
5. Find the file called "config". Rename it to something different like oldconfig.
6. Run your TQ Launcher
7. Attempt to log in to TQ.
8. Success or Failure? Post in this thread please.

If that doesn't work, I have another potential workaround


Not working for me what is the other workaround
i have OS x version 10.9.3
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#34 - 2014-06-03 20:54:18 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
nope I get " client update was unsuccessful after it he'd already updated and given me a blank screen.

but it signed in!

won't update now though.
it won't let me post error says it is html

Edit :- renamed the cache directory in the application container, it is now rebuilding patch and has gone past the failure point. I will update tomorrow (or later if it is quick)

Ok resolution path. delete client settings in launcher.
repair eve (file downloaded from a thread here.
this then launches eve but will not validate launcher and update patch (which was already done.
did the terminal thing requested.
renamed cache in eve application container.
this then reapplied patch and all is good (except I have to redo all my settings and overviewSad

but it looks so much better.
Pity the rattlesnake is not so nice to use any more Sad

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE

Piso deUorrior
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2014-06-03 21:13:48 UTC
So far so good.

The only minor annoyance I found is that the mouse wheel doesn't have acceleration any more, in any window.
This makes scrolling up or down long lists (as well as tweaking prices of market orders) more of a pain.

Again, just a minor annoyance, but it would be great to have it fixed, if possible.
Dansan Dusaka
Asset Safety Wrap
#36 - 2014-06-03 21:54:14 UTC
Hello,

On a mac 10.9.3, but the patcher won't patch. It gets to the same perecentage then dies with a giant trace. ...

http://pastebin.com/N3mbVcF6

Some guidance as to what to do ? Do I delete everything and install from scratch?

Cheers.
miner Fonulique
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2014-06-03 21:54:20 UTC  |  Edited by: miner Fonulique
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
The Launcher comes up , sign in and press play, then nothing.....Sad

guess I will do the repair. and if that does not work, delete cache I guess.What?


almost same 4 me, but Launcher hangs, has to be force quitted, takes e few sec, first time I managed tu type log in stuff ( hang after apronx 20-45 sec, never again.

10.9.2

renaming conf=fail
opening app/Contents/Resources/EVE Online.app = works

IdeaAND all this is from a new downloaded DMG 3-4h after downtime .Attention edited last line
Zedzed Nyne
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2014-06-03 21:56:31 UTC
So, support for OSX Lion only? I am unable to do this as I have critical SW on my Mac for my day job which is not supported on OSX Lion. So, after five years of playing EVE, I'm locked out. Best I cancel that subscription. Gutted ... really gutted.
Ulises Reyes
Asteroid Logistics Initiative
#39 - 2014-06-03 21:58:47 UTC
miner Fonulique wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
The Launcher comes up , sign in and press play, then nothing.....Sad

guess I will do the repair. and if that does not work, delete cache I guess.What?


almost same 4 me, but Launcher hangs, has to be force quitted, takes e few sec, first time I managed tu type log in stuff ( hang after apronx 20-45 sec, never again.

10.9.2

renaming conf=fail
opening app/Contents/Resources/EVE Online.app = works



can you explain the

"opening app/Contents/Resources/EVE Online.app = works"

a little more in depth?
Lodocran
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#40 - 2014-06-03 23:18:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Lodocran
Jonathan Warghost wrote:
After installing Kronos update, the only issue i have noticed so far with my MBP is the graphics are shaky.. almost like they are vibrating. I have all the settings set to performance(using the in-game graphics optimizer). Ive restored the client, restarted my MAC, and it still has shakey graphics.

My Setup:
Macbook Pro
2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 4000 w/ LG external Monitor using HDMI from Thunderbolt Port
OS X 10.9.3 (13D65)

Edit note... Launcher loads, logs in, let's me into the station I'm docked at. The graphics themselves are shakey and kind of looks like a 3D image without 3D glasses. My monitor is the only monitor I use, with my MBP closed so I'm not using the built in screen. Have never had this issue with my monitor until the Kronos release, and technically doesn't keep me from being able to play, but makes it very difficult on the eyes with all edges, lines, lettering, etc seeming to be vibrating and shaking like it's having a seizure


Got the exact same issue. But only the menu items though, the environmental graphics are fine.
First time I've run across this issue as well.
Got almost the same mac specs, appart from 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 and 12GB ram.
: /

"The most persistent principles of the universe are accident and error."