These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Production - Job delivery error: Fixed now!

First post First post
Author
CCP Explorer
C C P
C C P Alliance
#141 - 2014-05-29 14:41:11 UTC
CCP Explorer wrote:
CCP Explorer wrote:
CCP Explorer wrote:
CCP Explorer wrote:
CCP Explorer wrote:
CCP Explorer wrote:
Ramman K'arojic wrote:
So are we talking like in the next hour or like some before the EU work day ends ?
The database script we are about to run will probably take about 1.5 hours. So we currently expect everything to be fixed around 13:30 EVE Time / GMT. Individual jobs will get fixed as the script executes.
The 1.5 hour estimate was based on the runtime of the activity that caused the issue. When the fix started executing it looked like it was going to run for 13.3 hours. We are now working on optimising the fix. It's already picking up speed and we'll keep you updated on the progress.
Current estimate is a total runtime of 230 minutes, starting at 12:00 EVE Time / GMT.
We are now estimating to be completely done at 14:56 EVE Time / GMT (total runtime 176 minutes). The fix is incremental so jobs are being fixed one at a time.
14:45 (runtime 165 minutes) is the latest estimate.
14:40 (runtime 160 minutes), or in completely done in 4 minutes.
The fix was fully applied at 14:40 EVE Time / GMT.

Erlendur S. Thorsteinsson | Senior Development Director | EVE Online // CCP Games | @CCP_Explorer

Tanewha Todako
Errant Endeavours
#142 - 2014-05-29 14:42:22 UTC
Things seem to be back to normal now, cheers!

Good job on identifying and fixing the problem so swiftly. Also, thanks for keeping us posted on how things were working out on your end. Previously I had felt that CCP hadn't done enough to keep people informed when certain problems had arisen, in fact I've waited months for an update on a problem before. Not so today. Thanks CCP Explorer for keeping us in the loop and letting us know that you were paying attention!

Kale Freeman
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#143 - 2014-05-29 14:44:56 UTC
10/10 for fixing the problem
10/10 for keeping us informed about what was going on
Zheng'Yi Sao
HIgh Sec Care Bears
Brothers of Tangra
#144 - 2014-05-29 14:46:21 UTC
Woohooo!!!

"It's funny the things you people think are mandatory for us, as if we don't do what we do because it's a hilarious good time in a space video game." - Johnny Marzetti

GM Spiral
Game Master Retirement Home
#145 - 2014-05-29 14:54:59 UTC
If you are still encountering any issue with your science or industry jobs, or your blueprints then please submit a new support ticket to us or update your existing one.

We will be attempting to resolve any lingering issues reported in support tickets as soon as possible. Your patience and understanding is appreciated.

Senior Game Master | CCP Games Customer Support Team

Helping capsuleers since 2004.

Jaiimez Skor
The Infamous.
#146 - 2014-05-29 14:58:14 UTC
CCP Explorer wrote:
Arline Kley wrote:
CCP Explorer wrote:
The cause for this issue has been identified, we are working on the resolution.
Was it due to exploiting the workers by hanging on to outdated Federation dogma that perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society?
Uhh, ummm, no.

Oh bless that Monty Python reference has gone straight over you head hasn't it Explorer.
Steve Celeste
Doomheim
#147 - 2014-05-29 14:58:20 UTC
Good job.
Au' Tena
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#148 - 2014-05-29 14:59:14 UTC
all fixed on my side.

tnx for the fast response
Masaana
Harbingers of Chaos Inc.
#149 - 2014-05-29 15:07:48 UTC
Specialist Taara wrote:
Same issue with my TE jobs. ME jobs complete fine, or at least appear to.
When trying to complete the TE job individually I receive the warning and the job (and BPO) will vanish from the list.
HS POS in a station system.


Same here, ME delivered fine, but not the TE.
GM Spiral
Game Master Retirement Home
#150 - 2014-05-29 15:17:30 UTC
Masaana wrote:
Specialist Taara wrote:
Same issue with my TE jobs. ME jobs complete fine, or at least appear to.
When trying to complete the TE job individually I receive the warning and the job (and BPO) will vanish from the list.
HS POS in a station system.


Same here, ME delivered fine, but not the TE.


All your current corporation jobs should be possible to deliver now, with the blueprints in their proper place. If you have continued troubles with delivering them then please submit a ticket to us to the "Factories, Labs & Blueprints" category and we will get to you as soon as we are able.

Senior Game Master | CCP Games Customer Support Team

Helping capsuleers since 2004.

CCP Explorer
C C P
C C P Alliance
#151 - 2014-05-29 15:23:11 UTC
Jaiimez Skor wrote:
CCP Explorer wrote:
Arline Kley wrote:
CCP Explorer wrote:
The cause for this issue has been identified, we are working on the resolution.
Was it due to exploiting the workers by hanging on to outdated Federation dogma that perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society?
Uhh, ummm, no.
Oh bless that Monty Python reference has gone straight over you head hasn't it Explorer.
It did.

Erlendur S. Thorsteinsson | Senior Development Director | EVE Online // CCP Games | @CCP_Explorer

Doshu Kathlyan
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#152 - 2014-05-29 15:31:46 UTC
All fixed for me. Thanks for the job!
Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#153 - 2014-05-29 15:32:23 UTC
I look forward to all the other mechanics you will wreck by ramming through massive changes without proper testing.
If you guys seriously believe that changes of this magnitude and complexity, larger than Apochrypha, are going to be all sorted with at most 6 weeks of testing on Sisi, you are seriously deluded.

CCP, use whatever common sense you have left, stop listening to your null sec cartel "advisors", and postpone this disaster-in-waiting until the fall, and allow for proper testing on Sisi.
Axe Coldon
#154 - 2014-05-29 16:24:58 UTC
Rita Ford wrote:
Hi,

Today I have strange situation.

When I click "Deliver" for job with status "Ready" I get pop-up "Installation Missing - The installation containing the job to be delivered no longer exists."

This is on HI-SEC station and also on second account.

EvE Client restarted.

Please Help

BR


Edit:
We are aware of this situation and fixing the issue. We estimate that the problem will be fully fixed at around 14:45 UTC and apologize for any inconvenience in the meanwhile.
This issue has been fixed now! We apologize for any inconvenience.

For further information, please check the following statement here.
--CCP Phantom


I had that problem today. I was trying to finish it remotely. To fix it I went to the station and delivered the jobs and that worked fine.

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Victor Dathar
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#155 - 2014-05-29 16:25:26 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:


CCP, use whatever common sense you have left, stop listening to your null sec cartel "advisors", and postpone this disaster-in-waiting until the fall, and allow for proper testing on Sisi.


Do not listen CCP precious, yessss, only we love you, only we show you the true path.

^^^ lol that post is so bad you should get back 2 GBS m8 o7

@grr_goons : Wisdom, Insight, GBS Posts

Querns
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#156 - 2014-05-29 16:59:15 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
I look forward to all the other mechanics you will wreck by ramming through massive changes without proper testing.
If you guys seriously believe that changes of this magnitude and complexity, larger than Apochrypha, are going to be all sorted with at most 6 weeks of testing on Sisi, you are seriously deluded.

CCP, use whatever common sense you have left, stop listening to your null sec cartel "advisors", and postpone this disaster-in-waiting until the fall, and allow for proper testing on Sisi.

What proof do you have that the issue was even related to the pending industry changes?

This post was crafted by the wormhole expert of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

Silvetica Dian
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#157 - 2014-05-29 17:47:27 UTC
Querns wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
I look forward to all the other mechanics you will wreck by ramming through massive changes without proper testing.
If you guys seriously believe that changes of this magnitude and complexity, larger than Apochrypha, are going to be all sorted with at most 6 weeks of testing on Sisi, you are seriously deluded.

CCP, use whatever common sense you have left, stop listening to your null sec cartel "advisors", and postpone this disaster-in-waiting until the fall, and allow for proper testing on Sisi.

What proof do you have that the issue was even related to the pending industry changes?


There are two types of conspiracy theorists.
I will provide an example of both.

The birther movement that claims Obama isn't american. No amount of evidence will convince them and they have none of their own.
Edward snowden who provided the world with all the evidence available that what the stasi attempted (total knowledge of their citizens) The US and its allies have suceeded in.

Dinsdale belongs in the first camp. There is no point in trying to reason with him.

Money at its root is a form of rationing. When the richest 85 people have as much wealth as the poorest 3.5 billion (50% of humanity) it is clear where the source of poverty is. http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jan/20/trickle-down-economics-broken-promise-richest-85

Maruk Ihnati
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#158 - 2014-05-29 18:39:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Maruk Ihnati
NVM
Bjurn Akely
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#159 - 2014-05-29 19:53:24 UTC
CCP Explorer wrote:
Jaiimez Skor wrote:
CCP Explorer wrote:
Arline Kley wrote:
CCP Explorer wrote:
The cause for this issue has been identified, we are working on the resolution.
Was it due to exploiting the workers by hanging on to outdated Federation dogma that perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society?
Uhh, ummm, no.
Oh bless that Monty Python reference has gone straight over you head hasn't it Explorer.
It did.


You make me sad. So be it.
Scarlett LaBlanc
Midnight Savran Industries
#160 - 2014-05-29 20:45:46 UTC
Great job devs.

Fast fix and outstanding communication with the community

Could not ask for better