These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

No Chairperson for CSM9

First post
Author
corebloodbrothers
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#21 - 2014-05-06 20:54:48 UTC
I support and/or endorse this statement the honourable Comrade Azariah made, and am whipping my dragons in position, its all part of the providence master plan to conquer eve. i shoudl have never made the space communism tweet... omg this is gonna hunt us for 1 year, the red csm 9 seats
Sugar Kyle
Middle Ground
#22 - 2014-05-06 20:59:34 UTC
roigon wrote:
Calling it first, all this talk about no chairs is just because it's getting replaced with a throne, and they will all fight and backstab each other to sit on it, until some lady with dragons comes along.


Calling us Dragon ladies already Roigon? Big smile

Member of CSM9 and CSM10.

Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#23 - 2014-05-06 21:00:04 UTC
Where are my Dragons!?


And yes, Comrade Azariah is correct Smile We considered it, talked it over, and came to a collective decision.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Konrad Kane
#24 - 2014-05-06 21:16:29 UTC
Where's the dev blog showing how many people couldn't be bothered to vote?
Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2014-05-06 21:26:42 UTC
/me is laughing.

My phrasing of 'considering' was a tad hesitant. This is mainly paranoid caution on my part and, as you can see above, we have unanimity of purpose with in the council.

In answer to 'what if some job is missed' well we will cross that bridge when we come to it but I am sure that we have enough watchers on the outside to nag and shove us along, not to mention some people within who try to keep things rolling.

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Dirk MacGirk
STK Scientific
The Initiative.
#26 - 2014-05-06 21:32:30 UTC
I've seen reference to waiting 3 months before choosing a chairperson, so if they could wait that long then why is it necessary at all. But when did this change? According to the CSM White Paper, "Within seven days of the general election, Representatives must hold an internal vote to determine Officers: Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary and Vice-Secretary." - CSM White Paper

These roles are further outlined in the CSM White Paper, you know, that thing a previous CSM and CCP agreed to as the basis for how the CSM is run.

"The CSM is a “flat” organization, and Officers do not have special powers, only additional responsibilities. The responsibilities of the Chairman and Vice-Chairman are to handle official communications between the CSM and CCP, and they are expected to be particularly active in interacting with the community. The responsibilities of the Secretary and Vice-Secretary are related to the production of official CSM publications such as the CSM Summit Minutes. Thus, CSM Officers are expected to be the most active members of the CSM."

Yeah, none of that sounds necessary. God knows we get the minutes in a timely manner. Perhaps now we'll also get the finger pointing related to who is and who isn't "actively interacting with the community." I imagine that will be the same people who actively interact with the community now. They just won't be called anything other than "Comrade".
Dirk MacGirk
STK Scientific
The Initiative.
#27 - 2014-05-06 22:49:29 UTC
The settlement of the CSM problem, which has now been achieved is, in my view, only the prelude to a larger settlement in which all New Eden may find peace. This morning I had another talk with the CSM Chancellor, Herr Azaria, and here is the paper which bears his name upon it as well as mine. Some of you, perhaps, have already heard what it contains but I would just like to read it to you: ' ... We regard the agreement signed last night as symbolic of the desire of our peoples never to go to war with one another again.'

My good friends, for the first time in our history, we have solidified the minority hold on government power, bringing peace with honour. I believe it is peace for our time.

- Neville FunkyBacon
Jaro Essa
Dahkur Forge
#28 - 2014-05-06 23:01:17 UTC
Sugar Kyle wrote:
Calling us Dragon ladies already Roigon? Big smile


Mother of Jaguars.
Trebor Daehdoow
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2014-05-06 23:20:16 UTC
I guess this makes me The Last Chairman.

Either I did the job so well that everyone on CSM9 knows they would be compared to me and found wanting, or (more likely) I demonstrated through masterful inaction that the CSM has transcended the need for a central figure of authority.

I am comfortable with either interpretation Twisted

Private Citizen • CSM in recovery

Lucine Delacourt
The Covenant of Blood
#30 - 2014-05-06 23:50:04 UTC
Mike Azariah wrote:
My phrasing of 'considering' was a tad hesitant. This is mainly paranoid caution on my part and, as you can see above, we have unanimity of purpose with in the council.




So you admit to misleading us(purposely or not) about the status of the decision in the same thread that you inform us you will be the forum voice for the CSM? Bold strategy...
Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2014-05-06 23:56:54 UTC
Innovation, yup.

I am a naturally cautious person so until something happens it is an if.

Who knows? I could die, the king could die, the horse might learn to sing. (Old joke)

Aside from the 'change is bad' reaction are there any other concerns out there you want addressed?

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

mynnna
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#32 - 2014-05-07 02:37:07 UTC
Lucine Delacourt wrote:
Mike Azariah wrote:
My phrasing of 'considering' was a tad hesitant. This is mainly paranoid caution on my part and, as you can see above, we have unanimity of purpose with in the council.




So you admit to misleading us(purposely or not) about the status of the decision in the same thread that you inform us you will be the forum voice for the CSM? Bold strategy...


Hesitant language aside, Comrade Azariah's post came after a decidedly definitive discussion that we followed on with a quick poll just to be sure. We were very, very sure before he posted.

It remains to be seen whether this move heralds the first cracks in the iron grip of the cartels on the game, or if it is merely that grip squeezing ever tighter as what little autonomy the puppet council had left is washed away. I'm sure the resident expert will come by before long to tell us which. Blink

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Lucine Delacourt
The Covenant of Blood
#33 - 2014-05-07 03:44:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Lucine Delacourt
mynnna wrote:
Lucine Delacourt wrote:
Mike Azariah wrote:
My phrasing of 'considering' was a tad hesitant. This is mainly paranoid caution on my part and, as you can see above, we have unanimity of purpose with in the council.




So you admit to misleading us(purposely or not) about the status of the decision in the same thread that you inform us you will be the forum voice for the CSM? Bold strategy...


Hesitant language aside, Comrade Azariah's post came after a decidedly definitive discussion that we followed on with a quick poll just to be sure. We were very, very sure before he posted.

It remains to be seen whether this move heralds the first cracks in the iron grip of the cartels on the game, or if it is merely that grip squeezing ever tighter as what little autonomy the puppet council had left is washed away. I'm sure the resident expert will come by before long to tell us which. Blink



Just for clarity, I actually like the decision. I also would place myself pretty far from any sort of habitual accuser or tin foil hat wearer. I just found it humorous that he implied the decision wasn't made and announced himself as the forum voice of the CSM, only to have numerous CSM's not only post in the same thread but also confirm that the decision was already made.




For the Record: I voted for Mike and would still do so today.


Edit: I too await our "resident experts" take on all of this.
Frying Doom
#34 - 2014-05-07 03:47:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Frying Doom
Mike Azariah wrote:
Innovation, yup.

I am a naturally cautious person so until something happens it is an if.

Who knows? I could die, the king could die, the horse might learn to sing. (Old joke)

Aside from the 'change is bad' reaction are there any other concerns out there you want addressed?

m


My only reaction is comrade sounds so Goon. As they do the old communist party bit, how about senator or member? or for that matter Manager as you are the Council of Stellar Management.

Edit also as the CSM do you guys know when the voting stats are coming out (if at all) and will the STV process remain transperant as it was proposed to be when it was implemented.

On the STV system that was based on Western Australia, just though I would note that there is a senate inquiry into changing the system as it allowed minority parties with less than 0.5% of the primary vote to be elected into the senate.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

progodlegend
Syndicate Enterprise
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#35 - 2014-05-07 04:04:53 UTC  |  Edited by: progodlegend
Two step wrote:
I have some concerns about you guys doing this before the new CSM members have had a chance to carefully consider things. In the past, the titles have mostly been meaningless, but CCP has said there is some value for them in having the titles.


Lets be honest, the titles weren't mostly meaningless, they were entirely meaningless.

Though I thought we were all getting along pretty well last year when we all made easy decisions on who should be what, however this year is already shaping up to be even better.
Dirk MacGirk
STK Scientific
The Initiative.
#36 - 2014-05-07 05:48:03 UTC
progodlegend wrote:
Two step wrote:
I have some concerns about you guys doing this before the new CSM members have had a chance to carefully consider things. In the past, the titles have mostly been meaningless, but CCP has said there is some value for them in having the titles.


Lets be honest, the titles weren't mostly meaningless, they were entirely meaningless.

Though I thought we were all getting along pretty well last year when we all made easy decisions on who should be what, however this year is already shaping up to be even better.


Entirely meaningless because you (the CSM) failed to internally elect the proper individuals to the roles, or because we failed to elect the right candidates to begin with? What part is broken here? The roles, the responsibilities, or the people associated with either?

None of that is a troll either. It just doesn't seem all that hard to accept the responsibility you chose to accept or to replace those individuals incapable or unwilling to carry out their duties. (Not you by the way. I have no idea if you were elected as anything more than 1 of 14).


Dirk MacGirk
STK Scientific
The Initiative.
#37 - 2014-05-07 05:55:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Dirk MacGirk
Note to CCP (because the CSM won't back down from their stance at this point) - If this sits well with you, address it by amending the CSM White Paper to allow this change. Otherwise put a stop to the end run around the rules enacted by the document. So many words and so much time spent by some poor sap roleplaying the internet gaming version of Thomas Jefferson. All basically to waste if this will just be run by whatever club takes over each May.
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#38 - 2014-05-07 06:36:12 UTC
is csm doing this in the best interest of the community or are they throwing out the chair to hide more important issues going on under the table

i can't believe you're standing for this. it only proves csm9 is again nothing more than a stool of the large alliances
Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2014-05-07 06:48:21 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:

My only reaction is comrade sounds so Goon. As they do the old communist party bit, how about senator or member? or for that matter Manager as you are the Council of Stellar Management.

Edit also as the CSM do you guys know when the voting stats are coming out (if at all) and will the STV process remain transperant as it was proposed to be when it was implemented.

On the STV system that was based on Western Australia, just though I would note that there is a senate inquiry into changing the system as it allowed minority parties with less than 0.5% of the primary vote to be elected into the senate.


In order asked

Yeah, I can see the resemblance to goons and I doubt that joke will have legs. But you do see the analogy, which the Goons seem to miss or mock in irony. We are doing away with figurehead leaders and taking equal share in work and blame or blessings that come of it. Before someone picks up the obvious retort, yes there are still permanent attendees. No organization is perfect on the first iteration.

Voting stats and (I hope) the ballot runs should be out soon and I do not add a tm to that.

Didn't know that but then they have mandatory voting, don't they. Are you suggesting that we shift to exactly the Aus voting method or that since they they are investigating an anomaly we should toss our system? If you can keep me in the loop as to what the investigation turns up I would appreciate it

Thanks for the input

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#40 - 2014-05-07 06:54:19 UTC
Benny Ohu wrote:
is csm doing this in the best interest of the community or are they throwing out the chair to hide more important issues going on under the table

i can't believe you're standing for this. it only proves csm9 is again nothing more than a stool of the large alliances


We are three days in. The new folks have yet to even be nda'd or told anything. What could they possibly be working to hide?

please do not make me make hats this early

Honestly, what benefit do you see in officers that is not covered by us just doing the work? Is it someone to blame? Has election to one of the offices guaranteed performance in the past?

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)