These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Fiction

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

CONCORD/ Empire Reaction to the Battle of B-R5RB?

First post
Author
Malc Modnaar
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2014-01-29 23:07:56 UTC
The Battle of B-R5RB is, by all accounts, the single most obscenely destructive capsuleer battle in the history of New Eden, with both factions fielding hundreds of titans (according to the recent Dev Blog). From the standpoint of a simple high-sec mission runner, that's an incomprehensible amount of destruction.

However, I can't help but wonder: if I, as a capsuleer, can barely grasp how insanely devastating this battle was, then what's this look like to CONCORD and the empires? If I'm not mistaken (and my EVE Lore isn't the best, so correct me if I'm wrong) B-R5RB involved more firepower than the entirety of the Empyrean wars. It's already been established that CONCORD is getting nervous about capsuleer activity. I'm curious to see how they respond to this colossal show of force.

I, for one, will be finding a very dark place to hide from the legions of omnicidal maniacs.

There are two things, so the saying goes, to be certain of: death and taxes. Just don't be too sure about death.

Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#2 - 2014-01-31 02:22:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Sabriz Adoudel
Do you hear the silence from the empires?

It's not that CONCORD haven't had time to think of a response. They have been too busy cleaning their pants. Do you have any idea how much effort goes into removing faeces from clothing?




Edit: Oh and this is time for CONCORD to start up their own incursions into sovereign nullsec, much as Sansha launches his into other space.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Iridan Rend
Ammunition Delivery Company
#3 - 2014-01-31 11:05:46 UTC
The question that's been nagging me is what is the numerical comparison between the empires and the Nullsec alliances? I'm like the op and have never been involved with more then a 20 man fleet so the sheer scale of this single battle is beyond me. I guess what I'm really wondering is: if they had a good enough reason to do so, could the Capsuleers conquer the Empires?
Leopold Caine
Stillwater Corporation
#4 - 2014-01-31 12:21:35 UTC
It's been mentioned before that the nullsec capsuleer capital fleets are nothing compared to the armadas empires and pirate factions have.

If you look at the video of Empress Jamyl's coronation, you can spot 24 Titans + the support fleet sitting on the grid. And this is just the ceremonial guard.
Now take into account the actual security of the coronation, ships on field being there more or less for show.
Now take into account that the coronation happened in the middle of the war with the Republic and that the most of the Amarr Navy was probably stationed elsewhere on high alert.

Now take into account empires have cyno jammers and CONCORD in highsec has total EWar supremacy over capsuleers.

Simply put:

Iridan Rend wrote:
...could the Capsuleers conquer the Empires?


No.


Also, if they'd really be worried about the capsuleer capital numbers for whatever numbers, this event wouldn't make them clean their pants, it would cause them to open some champagne - a large amount of 'scary' capsuleers just killed their big capital fleets, yay. \o/

  • Leopold Caine, Domination Malakim

Angels are never far...

Stillwater Corporation Recruitment Open - Angel Cartel Bloc

Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#5 - 2014-01-31 12:52:03 UTC
Leopold Caine wrote:
It's been mentioned before that the nullsec capsuleer capital fleets are nothing compared to the armadas empires and pirate factions have.

If you look at the video of Empress Jamyl's coronation, you can spot 24 Titans + the support fleet sitting on the grid. And this is just the ceremonial guard.
Now take into account the actual security of the coronation, ships on field being there more or less for show.
Now take into account that the coronation happened in the middle of the war with the Republic and that the most of the Amarr Navy was probably stationed elsewhere on high alert.

Now take into account empires have cyno jammers and CONCORD in highsec has total EWar supremacy over capsuleers.

Simply put:

Iridan Rend wrote:
...could the Capsuleers conquer the Empires?


No.


Also, if they'd really be worried about the capsuleer capital numbers for whatever numbers, this event wouldn't make them clean their pants, it would cause them to open some champagne - a large amount of 'scary' capsuleers just killed their big capital fleets, yay. \o/




There is a very big difference between a Titan piloted by a capsuleer, and a Titan piloted by mortal soldiers. Just look at how easily a capsuleer Ishtar can break up a Serpent is blockade with 18 battleships'

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Samira Kernher
Cail Avetatu
#6 - 2014-01-31 14:05:35 UTC
The empires have capsuleers of their own. The navies are not just baseline-crewed. Remember that the State Titan over Caldari Prime was a capsuleer. And that's not counting the militia forces.
Esna Pitoojee
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#7 - 2014-01-31 17:30:36 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:

There is a very big difference between a Titan piloted by a capsuleer, and a Titan piloted by mortal soldiers. Just look at how easily a capsuleer Ishtar can break up a Serpent is blockade with 18 battleships'


Missions and NPCs are, at this point, very broken in terms of PF. Much like rescuing the damsel five times a day, or missing huge fleets that have somehow gotten dozens of jumps in from the border, or missions which simply plain-out violate existing PF, it's best not to look at PvE to closely.

Additionally, I'll point back to one of my earlier posts on capsuleers being 'powerful':

Quote:
OP has dropped one of the questions that really confounds me in terms of where the storyline has been heading lately.

Keep in mind that capsuleers still use a system overwhelmingly designed by CONCORD.
- We do not own any of the endlessly-used highsec manufacturing and research lines; the highsec Big 4 do.
- We do not claim soveriegnty on our own; we pay CONCORD for the right to do so.
- We do not construct stations without CONCORD's okay.
- We cannot put up starbases in highsec without paying a charter to the empire that owns the space.
- We get our insurance from a CONCORD-approved business.
- We only use models of ship approved by CONCORD for capsuleer access.
- We only use weapons approved for capsuleer use by CONCORD.
- Hell, we can't even jump a stargate without CONCORD giving the go-ahead.

We get information from CONCORD, use only mechanisms and systems CONCORD approves as okay, and even have to go through a CONCORD system for the right to perform basic actions such as docking or jumping.

And yet, neither CONCORD nor the DED seem willing to issue even a slap on the wrist when capsuleers increasingly act out. One might think shutting down capsuleer gate travel to certain regions, or freezing the bank accounts of certain particularly troublesome capsuleers would be in order.

"But the capsuleers would rebel!" you say, "They'd invade and roll over CONCORD and the Big 4!"

Putting aside the wildly varying power of CONCORD warships, remember CONCORD can and does prohibit us from doing certain things. How dangerous would we be if we warped in and discovered that all of our weapons were locked from firing, or the corporate hangars we had been storing war supplies in were suddenly locked to us?

And most of all, if some capsuleers tried to invade and were crippled by CONCORD, how many other alliances would turn on them and rip them to shreds before a workaround could be found?
MutnantRebel
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#8 - 2014-03-05 07:18:56 UTC
I've been in some fairly sizable fights. Nothing on the scale of that fight, though. Not even close. I can't imagine how bad lag was LOL.

$300,000 in real money total cost of destroyed I think.... Holy crap! What blows my mind is this! If those ships had CREWS, what would the loss of life look like? The human toll.... Just from Capsuleers there must have been corpses in the thousands.

Was there anything going on on the planets too? Was Dust involved? What of the new trailer I saw recently where Empire was worried about Capsuleers taking over....?

Trailer Trash and proud of it!

Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#9 - 2014-03-06 07:08:47 UTC
and here some of the empires were starting to feel all confident and proud of fielding even one of the behemoths on the field. Then they here capsuleers throwing hundreds into the fray and losing dozens of them. I can imagine the pride of the empires took a serious hit that day.
Stitcher
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#10 - 2014-03-06 16:00:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Stitcher
Rowells wrote:
and here some of the empires were starting to feel all confident and proud of fielding even one of the behemoths on the field. Then they here capsuleers throwing hundreds into the fray and losing dozens of them. I can imagine the pride of the empires took a serious hit that day.


Different classes of titan. Our Avatars, Erebi, Leviathans and Ragnaroks are impressive and all, but next to the Solteuer, or the Imud-Habrau?

"That's no moon..."

AKA Hambone

Author of The Deathworlders

Owen Levanth
Sagittarius Unlimited Exploration
#11 - 2014-03-07 10:18:36 UTC
People like to forget most of NullSec is barren. No or not much population, almost no industry. There are a lot of capsuleers, sure. But you can't build a sustainable armed force if all you have is soldiers and nothing else.

In an emergency, the empires could simply use their incredible population and industrial base to squash every serious intrusion of capsuleers.

If you want to get a taste of that yourself, join FW and fly around in enemy space. Getting hunted by faction police while your cloak is constantly jammed doesn't make you feel very superior.
CCP Falcon
#12 - 2014-03-16 02:19:07 UTC

"Damn capsuleers, they're at it again..."

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Captain StringfellowHawk
Forsaken Reavers
#13 - 2014-03-16 10:53:43 UTC
Esna Pitoojee wrote:
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:

There is a very big difference between a Titan piloted by a capsuleer, and a Titan piloted by mortal soldiers. Just look at how easily a capsuleer Ishtar can break up a Serpent is blockade with 18 battleships'


Missions and NPCs are, at this point, very broken in terms of PF. Much like rescuing the damsel five times a day, or missing huge fleets that have somehow gotten dozens of jumps in from the border, or missions which simply plain-out violate existing PF, it's best not to look at PvE to closely.

[/quote]


What... This Scenario has been going on Forever.....

Your princess is in another castle :P
Captain StringfellowHawk
Forsaken Reavers
#14 - 2014-03-16 11:04:00 UTC
Esna Pitoojee wrote:
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:

There is a very big difference between a Titan piloted by a capsuleer, and a Titan piloted by mortal soldiers. Just look at how easily a capsuleer Ishtar can break up a Serpent is blockade with 18 battleships'


Missions and NPCs are, at this point, very broken in terms of PF. Much like rescuing the damsel five times a day, or missing huge fleets that have somehow gotten dozens of jumps in from the border, or missions which simply plain-out violate existing PF, it's best not to look at PvE to closely.

Additionally, I'll point back to one of my earlier posts on capsuleers being 'powerful':

Quote:
OP has dropped one of the questions that really confounds me in terms of where the storyline has been heading lately.

Keep in mind that capsuleers still use a system overwhelmingly designed by CONCORD.
- We do not own any of the endlessly-used highsec manufacturing and research lines; the highsec Big 4 do.
- We do not claim soveriegnty on our own; we pay CONCORD for the right to do so.
- We do not construct stations without CONCORD's okay.
- We cannot put up starbases in highsec without paying a charter to the empire that owns the space.
- We get our insurance from a CONCORD-approved business.
- We only use models of ship approved by CONCORD for capsuleer access.
- We only use weapons approved for capsuleer use by CONCORD.
- Hell, we can't even jump a stargate without CONCORD giving the go-ahead.

We get information from CONCORD, use only mechanisms and systems CONCORD approves as okay, and even have to go through a CONCORD system for the right to perform basic actions such as docking or jumping.

And yet, neither CONCORD nor the DED seem willing to issue even a slap on the wrist when capsuleers increasingly act out. One might think shutting down capsuleer gate travel to certain regions, or freezing the bank accounts of certain particularly troublesome capsuleers would be in order.

"But the capsuleers would rebel!" you say, "They'd invade and roll over CONCORD and the Big 4!"

Putting aside the wildly varying power of CONCORD warships, remember CONCORD can and does prohibit us from doing certain things. How dangerous would we be if we warped in and discovered that all of our weapons were locked from firing, or the corporate hangars we had been storing war supplies in were suddenly locked to us?

And most of all, if some capsuleers tried to invade and were crippled by CONCORD, how many other alliances would turn on them and rip them to shreds before a workaround could be found?



Actually I am kind of turned off with Nulsec mechanics surrounding outposts... If the null entity owns the Outpost.. Controls who can enter, exit it etc... When an Entity takes over an outpost.. can lock someone from Docking up to it, Change Medical etc... I personally think if an Entity captures an Outpost.. It should be able to take it's assets.

If Nulli Retakes I-N Then any assets still in I-N Get delivered to the holding corp of that alliance. If Razor takes B-R then Razor's holding corp Takes over the assets Still in that station from the enemy. They were Evicted... Just as if I lost my Storage unit and It's assets Goto the owner of the Facility. I fully think Outposts should work the same way. Sure alot of players would be pissed. BUT it would make them 100% want to fight more for that system and log in. If suddenly the assets they took couldn't be firesaled. If denial of assets was more involved Fights would become A LOT more real.

When I recently left Nullsec I had full access to my assets, and jump clones to be able to get my stuff moved out. If I am no longer allowed in that area... that owning Entity should have more control over it.

We always go by the term "EVE is REAL" Why the hell do the workers of an outpost have such an issue using a padlock or unplugging the enemies Jump clone. Seizure of Assets would add a Viciousness to those Fights and put more fear in the hearts of players owning that system. Instead of the whole " Didn't want that system anyway" Meme it would more be like " F*** We all need to be on we didnt fully evac yet!"
Coyote Laughing
#15 - 2014-05-04 18:07:43 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:

"Damn capsuleers, they're at it again..."



Can we all petition to get CCP Falcon gagged for repeated player trolling?

S/he is full of @#$% !

l8r \o/

Jaari Val'Dara
Grim Sleepers
#16 - 2014-05-05 16:29:41 UTC
Personally I hate the idea of concord, in the universe where we are elite of the elite, best damn pilots around, I find it immersion breaking that concord can just act like we are nothing. For the good of everyone I hope concord gets more and more impotent as we gain more and more power.
Verdis deMosays
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#17 - 2014-05-06 04:13:47 UTC
Jaari Val'Dara wrote:
Personally I hate the idea of concord, in the universe where we are elite of the elite, best damn pilots around, I find it immersion breaking that concord can just act like we are nothing. For the good of everyone I hope concord gets more and more impotent as we gain more and more power.


Well when that happens and CFC takes over security in Jita from CONCORD can I have your stuff?
Jaari Val'Dara
Grim Sleepers
#18 - 2014-05-06 09:05:47 UTC
Verdis deMosays wrote:
Jaari Val'Dara wrote:
Personally I hate the idea of concord, in the universe where we are elite of the elite, best damn pilots around, I find it immersion breaking that concord can just act like we are nothing. For the good of everyone I hope concord gets more and more impotent as we gain more and more power.


Well when that happens and CFC takes over security in Jita from CONCORD can I have your stuff?

It doesn't have to be total absence of concord, it just would have to not be invincible.