These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Mordus Legion Faction Ships

First post
Author
Erufen Rito
Trillium Invariant
Honorable Third Party
#81 - 2014-05-03 15:10:52 UTC
Garmur inspiration found.



http://i.imgur.com/B83UwU9.png

This is as nice as I get. Best quote ever https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4137165#post4137165

thatonepersone
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#82 - 2014-05-03 15:19:32 UTC
They all look cool imo. The battle ship looks like it should work like a mini carrier.
Narcotic Gryffin
Republic Military School
#83 - 2014-05-03 16:13:41 UTC
Cybernetic Boner Engaged Pirate

http://www.sortius-is-a-geek.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/history-channel-hd-aliens-thumb.jpg

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
Transgress
#84 - 2014-05-03 16:17:29 UTC
Erufen Rito wrote:
Garmur inspiration found.



http://i.imgur.com/B83UwU9.png

*cough*
CETA Elitist
The Prometheus Society
#85 - 2014-05-03 16:22:44 UTC
Dean Rocket Hall wrote:
These ship design look original, unlike anything else in the game. I like it


Funny, I was thinking the complete opposite.
Drone 16
Holy Horde
#86 - 2014-05-03 16:25:36 UTC
Mordus missile bonus:

"very large" missile velocity

Shorter flight time

overall range is increased

(source Mynnna on Twitter)

It puts the peanutbutter on itself or it leaves the bonus round... - E1's greatest Hits

Gregor Parud
Imperial Academy
#87 - 2014-05-03 16:25:40 UTC
I'm not a fan of these designs, the aesthetics don't fit well within the EVE universe
Hurtado Soneka
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#88 - 2014-05-03 16:27:41 UTC
best ship designs ive seen in eve
Vyl Vit
#89 - 2014-05-03 16:39:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Vyl Vit
McRoll wrote:
Vyl Vit wrote:
McRoll wrote:
Vyl Vit wrote:
Note to self: Never hire the designers of these three ships.


Barghest looks like a frypan however the other 2 are awesome. I bet you are one of those hipsters who found the old Moa to be looking good. I am so glad that you are not in the majority.
I thought the Moa looked like some kind of combination of kitchen appliances. By the way. The sun is awesome. Gravity is awesome. The time/space continuum is awesome. These designs....are not awesome.

Uh...what's a hipster?


Very roughly defined someone who is against the mainstream, whether it is justified or not. In this context I use the word because a lot of players me included detest the way some of the old ship models like, particularly ships like Moa and Osprey. You seem to generally prefer the old ones so I used that definition.

You cannot argue against taste of design since this is highly subjective, however I can at least say that the decade old models were designed with more limited technology than we have today. The new models have a way higher polygon count and way more details than the old ones, (which you cannot say is bad) coupled with a look which seems to follow newer sci-fi art design, like in Star Citizen or maybe some newe sci- fi films.

You on the other hand do not provide any argument whatsoever except stating that you find it bad.

If that is not to your taste I am very sorry but you have to move forward at some point if you want the game look more modern and appealing to new audience. I for one like it and CCP seems to think the same way since they want to redesign so many ships.

Also: you say this in the "ship redesign" post:

#10 Posted: 2014.05.02 18:55 | Report
Like
ooooh. I'm a Typhoon zealot! I like this new design. A lot.

15/10 extra points for a nice surprise"

How come you like the phoon and not the other changes since CCP is following more or less the same design doctrine?
Wow! Very verbose! It's almost as though you said something...worthy of the bandwidth it took. You make assumptions left and right, but seem to present these as facts. Then, you say there's no arguing something as subjective as design...okay. Let's see. From what I've gathered thus far, Gallente is a form of Art Deco - reflecting somewhat the funny paper design of Flash Gordon...somewhat. Caldari was intended to appear birdlike and from what I can tell Minmatar is insect like. Amarr? Claws, talons, teeth. The phoon doesn't have any of those flimsy fins, a plus in believability. The designs I obviously dissed come off as cliche...like the cliche of a cliche. The NEW phoon design strengthens the look, IM (never) HO, but adds a touch of the Rokh, which I've always liked.

TL;DR ? the designs I dissed are cliche.

Paradise is like where you are right now, only much, much better.

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#90 - 2014-05-03 16:45:46 UTC
Very interesting designs on screen, I wonder how those black ships will look in flight in our dark, cold universe?

Not a fan of the Moa redesign. It's a nice design on it's own, if you're into symmetry. As a redesign of the Moa I personally find it a little disappointing. But I'm sure I'll cope with the new Caldari modified Firefly :)
Morgan North
Dark-Rising
Wrecking Machine.
#91 - 2014-05-03 16:58:45 UTC
I really like the Mordu's ships. I'm going to get that cruiser, mostly because I'm not a big fan of the square end of the frigate.

The cruiser, however, is plain awesome, and i'm assuming the paneles will be slightly movable, as they seem to be.
Drone 16
Holy Horde
#92 - 2014-05-03 17:05:43 UTC
I actually rather like the Barghest. At first glance I thought it would be better used for a faction carrier but in general I really like the design.

It puts the peanutbutter on itself or it leaves the bonus round... - E1's greatest Hits

Erufen Rito
Trillium Invariant
Honorable Third Party
#93 - 2014-05-04 07:24:34 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Erufen Rito wrote:
Garmur inspiration found.



http://i.imgur.com/B83UwU9.png

*cough*

Well, if the Garmur was wider than it is longer, then sure I guess.

This is as nice as I get. Best quote ever https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4137165#post4137165

Felicity Love
Doomheim
#94 - 2014-05-04 12:55:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Felicity Love
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Garmur looks faintly like a Cormerant derivative.

The Barghest looks like someone took a Rattlesnake and ran it over with a steamroller.

I have no clue what the Orthus looks like... buts its bad.


Does this mean that ALL the pirate factions will be getting unique models in the future!?!!! Mai Vindi...noooooooooooo.



Frig looks like an F-35 JTF fighter if you move the wings around a bit and simplify the fuselage...

BS looks like the SGC starships from "Stargate: Atlantis"....

Still looking foward to the final renderings. Cool

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Jandice Ymladris
Aurora Arcology
#95 - 2014-05-04 13:07:48 UTC
I like these designs :) They combine the Caldari/Gallente design philosophies of rigid lines & curved surfaces very well.

Considering the LP store of Mordu's Legion has unique ECM modules, I suspect these ships might have some bonus to it as well (Mordu is the only faction offering faction -ECM, making it very expensive as they got very little agents)

Reading the announcement they'll expand the amount of agents (like they did with SoE) is a good move to increase their popularity. Gonna keep track of these ships as I'm a fan of E-war stuff!

Providing a new home for refugees in the Aurora Arcology

Liafcipe9000
Critically Preposterous
#96 - 2014-05-04 13:40:46 UTC
ISD LackOfFaith wrote:
Pok Nibin wrote:
Vyl. When someone has no point, he has to call you a name. That way it seems like he has a point, when he hasn't one...

You're welcome.

At least the Mordus Legion ships will always have a point. Eh?

THIS MADE MY DAY Lol
Liafcipe9000
Critically Preposterous
#97 - 2014-05-04 13:45:15 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Erufen Rito wrote:
Garmur inspiration found.



http://i.imgur.com/B83UwU9.png

*cough*

those 2 are both the inspiration for both the cruiser AND the frig.
Kitty Bear
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#98 - 2014-05-04 14:17:36 UTC
The frigate & cruiser look good
The battleship not so much
Lephia DeGrande
Luxembourg Space Union
#99 - 2014-05-04 14:25:53 UTC
Minty Aroma
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#100 - 2014-05-04 14:48:10 UTC
Mina Sebiestar wrote:
imo.

for a battleship it looks way too thin

it have that low profile stealth vibe and compared to current tech it just feels it cant take more than light caliber rounds and or rain will kill it,definitely not represent massive plated battleship monster.

smaller stuff looks ok not a fan by any margin.


As an Aerospace Engineer, I can say that that video is absolute bollocks in a lot of the F-22's capabilities, especially about the communication and rain! (Although rain can have some detrimental effects to all stealth systems somewhat due to water's refractive properties). The F-22 is primarily designed for dog-fighting which never really happens nowadays but it does have a lot of ground attack and EWAR capabilities. It has had it's problems, although they are relatively low for a fighter of that caliber; if anything it is over engineered. They haven't been deployed in active warzone duty due to the fact they are not needed against the opponents that the US have been fighting recently, where cheaper and less risky assets have more than done the job. The cost is still pretty damn expensive though...

IMO I like the look of the frigate (although it does look a bit destroyer-y). The cruiser doesn't look too bad either, but the BS looks BS... I much rather see a BS based on the B-2 Bomber - http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/b2/images/b2_6.jpg