These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

Questions for CCP: Concerning the fallout from the Dust/Legion annouce

First post
Author
Fiddlestax Atruin
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2014-05-02 19:58:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Fiddlestax Atruin
ISD LackOfFaith wrote:
FYI:

This thread is now the designated thread to consolidate discussion of the difficult situation resulting from the announcement of Project Legion. Any other threads on the topic will be locked as redundant. Please report them as you see them.


On the twitch feed (when they were attempting to run damage control) they asked for our feedback.

Giving your feedback on the dust boards gets your post deleted and your account banned at the moment.
It has clearly become an issue of censoring dissent, a few questions that CCP needs to answer...

A few simple questions:

How long has CCP known that they were going to be scrapping dust for legion?

Is it proper that they continued to accept payment for aurum and SP boosters, while only "maybe" being able to move characters to the next iteration?

They decided to run an event this week. In the event, you got bonus SP for using a AURUM suit. Is it proper that they ran this event just days before they announced that they were scrapping the project to work on Legion, and that they weren't sure if they would be able to transfer characters across the platforms?

EDIT: I am going to make a short note here. I say in this post that they are scrapping the project, which is an assumption on my part. Regardless of if they scrap the project or not though, the vast majority of the dust community doesn't believe that CCP can develop two shooters simultaneously. If a lot of concerns in this thread are not addressed shortly, all of this will be moot anyway, as the community will evaporate and all that will be left is dust.
Solecist Project's Alt
Doomheim
#2 - 2014-05-02 20:00:13 UTC
What fallout?
Everything seems to be a-ok. :D
Fiddlestax Atruin
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2014-05-02 20:02:39 UTC
Solecist Project's Alt wrote:
What fallout?
Everything seems to be a-ok. :D


Dust boards are exploding. They wouldn't have done the mini twitch section which cut out half way through if they weren't. Problem is, they are deleting and banning most of the posts asking questions exactly like I have posed here...
Fiddlestax Atruin
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2014-05-02 20:04:19 UTC
Dusties have essentially paid to play a beta for a game on a different console that they may or may not get a transfer to, and might not even be able to play.

Given the sad state of dust game play (I've been playing since closed beta, on the community and promises), it isn't really a stretch to say that dust is a legion beta.
J3ssica Alba
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2014-05-02 20:04:41 UTC
What are dust boards and how exactly do they concern us?
This is my signature. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.  Without me, my signature is useless. Without my signature, I am useless
Brooks Puuntai
Solar Nexus.
#6 - 2014-05-02 20:05:32 UTC
So are they actually discontinuing DUST or are they just porting it to PC under Legion? Haven't seen the feed about the changes.

CCP's Motto: If it isn't broken, break it. If it is broken, ignore it. Improving NPE / Dynamic New Eden

Solecist Project's Alt
Doomheim
#7 - 2014-05-02 20:05:46 UTC
Fiddlestax Atruin wrote:
Dusties have essentially paid to play a beta for a game on a different console that they may or may not get a transfer to, and might not even be able to play.

Given the sad state of dust game play (I've been playing since closed beta, on the community and promises), it isn't really a stretch to say that dust is a legion beta.
Well ... I guess it makes sense to be pissed.

I just wonder about what exactly.


Did CCP say they'll shut down DUST?
Fiddlestax Atruin
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2014-05-02 20:08:09 UTC
Solecist Project's Alt wrote:
Fiddlestax Atruin wrote:
Dusties have essentially paid to play a beta for a game on a different console that they may or may not get a transfer to, and might not even be able to play.

Given the sad state of dust game play (I've been playing since closed beta, on the community and promises), it isn't really a stretch to say that dust is a legion beta.
Well ... I guess it makes sense to be pissed.

I just wonder about what exactly.


Did CCP say they'll shut down DUST?


Say it or not, that is what is going to happen.
They aren't going to fund TWO failed shooters. I have a feeling that a lot of the resources for dust have been diverted to the legion project for a while now. Dust certainly has felt like it has been an afterthought for a while now.
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#9 - 2014-05-02 20:08:38 UTC
IBTL

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Fiddlestax Atruin
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2014-05-02 20:10:15 UTC
J3ssica Alba wrote:
What are dust boards and how exactly do they concern us?

The dust boards are a sony/ccp official game boards for the game Dust 514.

They concern us, because CCP has engaged in questionable business practices, and if they don't resolve these issues, Legion will never be given a chance by anyone that has played dust, or any of their friends, or anyone that actually enjoys FPS.
Jarod Garamonde
Sons of Seyllin
Pirate Lords of War
#11 - 2014-05-02 20:10:59 UTC
They haven't said anything about how or if our assets will transfer over from DUST *IF* they scrap DUST for Legion.
Please loosen your tinfoil hats a little, and calm down. Trust CCP to not screw themselves over.

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

    [#savethelance]
General Nusense
Doomheim
#12 - 2014-05-02 20:11:56 UTC
PS3 is an outdated crappy system.

Dust will continue development for the next 2 years.

Legion isnt due out until next year.


/tinfoil.

Made a signature so I am taken seriously on the forums, since thats the only thing they are good for.

Noriko Mai
#13 - 2014-05-02 20:12:29 UTC
Fiddlestax Atruin wrote:
Solecist Project's Alt wrote:
Fiddlestax Atruin wrote:
Dusties have essentially paid to play a beta for a game on a different console that they may or may not get a transfer to, and might not even be able to play.

Given the sad state of dust game play (I've been playing since closed beta, on the community and promises), it isn't really a stretch to say that dust is a legion beta.
Well ... I guess it makes sense to be pissed.

I just wonder about what exactly.


Did CCP say they'll shut down DUST?


Say it or not, that is what is going to happen.
They aren't going to fund TWO failed shooters. I have a feeling that a lot of the resources for dust have been diverted to the legion project for a while now. Dust certainly has felt like it has been an afterthought for a while now.

Legion will not fail. PC Master Race will prevent it from failing.

"Meh.." - Albert Einstein

Themanfromdalmontee
EVE RADIO ARMY
#14 - 2014-05-02 20:13:35 UTC
Fiddlestax Atruin wrote:
On the twitch feed (when they were attempting to run damage control) they asked for our feedback.

Giving your feedback on the dust boards gets your post deleted and your account banned at the moment.
It has clearly become an issue of censoring dissent, a few questions that CCP needs to answer...

A few simple questions:

How long has CCP known that they were going to be scrapping dust for legion?

Is it proper that they continued to accept payment for aurum and SP boosters, while only "maybe" being able to move characters to the next iteration?

They decided to run an event this week. In the event, you got bonus SP for using a AURUM suit. Is it proper that they ran this event just days before they announced that they were scrapping the project to work on Legion, and that they weren't sure if they would be able to transfer characters across the platforms?



Aww bless.

Don't EMO out until you get offical announcements (as in a blog or such) then emo out.

Pre emo gets you deleted.

As for purchasing stuff..please show me the game has been turned off right away? Shall I log in and see it still up and running?
J3ssica Alba
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2014-05-02 20:15:19 UTC
Fiddlestax Atruin wrote:
J3ssica Alba wrote:
What are dust boards and how exactly do they concern us?

The dust boards are a sony/ccp official game boards for the game Dust 514.

They concern us, because CCP has engaged in questionable business practices, and if they don't resolve these issues, Legion will never be given a chance by anyone that has played dust, or any of their friends, or anyone that actually enjoys FPS.


My question was on the verge of being sarcastic but ok ...
This is my signature. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.  Without me, my signature is useless. Without my signature, I am useless
Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#16 - 2014-05-02 20:17:45 UTC
When will DUST players shoot some statue? They have one, right?
Fiddlestax Atruin
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2014-05-02 20:19:06 UTC
Dust 514 has been one failure and mistake after the next. They absolutely needed to rebrand it, and get off the PS3.

But if the same team is working on it, Legion will be a failure too.
I wouldn't expect the pessimism expressed here to be understood by the players of the modern eve... You would have to have actually played dust for the last year to truly understand it.

It is garbage. They reintroduce the same old bugs, and balance issues with every new patch. The only reason any of the dusties play it, is the promises CCP made for it, and the community that built up around those promises.
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#18 - 2014-05-02 20:20:25 UTC
Noriko Mai wrote:
Legion will not fail. PC Master Race will prevent it from failing.

Basically this. I think most of us predicted Dust to fail as soon as they announced that there was no pc release. I can't imagine why they aren't just releasing dust for pc on the same servers and then not having to worry about two projects though, but I guess they don't want to be limited by the ps3 hardware.

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Fiddlestax Atruin
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2014-05-02 20:21:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Fiddlestax Atruin
CCP made an aurum event right before they made this announcement, knowing full well that some of the players of dust will not be able to make the move from PS3 to PC. If that isn't a cash grab, I don't know what is.

The event gave long term SP rewards, at the cost of real money. Long term rewards that some players will never see.

If dust was a legion beta, they needed to be straightforward with their customers.
Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#20 - 2014-05-02 20:23:48 UTC
Fiddlestax Atruin wrote:
Dust 514 has been one failure and mistake after the next. They absolutely needed to rebrand it, and get off the PS3.

But if the same team is working on it, Legion will be a failure too.
I wouldn't expect the pessimism expressed here to be understood by the players of the modern eve... You would have to have actually played dust for the last year to truly understand it.

It is garbage. They reintroduce the same old bugs, and balance issues with every new patch. The only reason any of the dusties play it, is the promises CCP made for it, and the community that built up around those promises.



As someone watching the stream and paying attention I think they are learning from the mistakes.
123Next pageLast page