These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Skill Discussions

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

172m sp and confused

Author
Gyro DuAquin1
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2014-04-19 11:34:46 UTC
http://eveboard.com/pilot/Gyro_DuAquin1

So i have172m sp and confused on what to do next

i know i lack electronic skills so thats something I can do but what I am looking for is a long term plan,

any ideas, i might have just missed
Karen Avioras
The Raging Raccoons
#2 - 2014-04-19 11:38:49 UTC
Go per/will and get all gunnery/missile skills to 5?
nice btw.
Mashie Saldana
Jamgu Initiatives
#3 - 2014-04-19 15:32:12 UTC
Karen Avioras wrote:
Go per/will and get all gunnery/missile skills to 5?
nice btw.

This, now is a good time to get the support skills to match your ship skills.
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#4 - 2014-04-20 03:07:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
The ones that jumped-out at me:
* Drone skills.
* Capital skills (optional).
* FC 5, just because.

For new modules:
* Bomb Deployment 5
* Tactical Logistics Configuration 5
* Armor Resistance Phasing 4 (don't train to 5, IMHO)

There are a few others here and there, but I suspect you already are aware of them.

Long-term, probably PER>WIL, do drones and gunnery, and other remaining ship skills.

My friend Aandaan (192.8m) was upset when certificates were removed, and I think is still on a 4 year certificate plan. I think he is MEM>INT at the moment, and after going through trade is now going through refining. Before that, he did electronics for a year, then leadership and social (charisma). As "messy" as his skills are, it is far more than he needs.
People Eater
Brute Strength
#5 - 2014-04-21 15:34:56 UTC
Train every skill in the game.
Caldari 5
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. S.A.S
Affirmative.
#6 - 2014-04-22 07:20:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Caldari 5
Just incase you didn't know that it had been introduced Advanced Infomorph Psychology and the other Infomorph new one(that reduced the time for jump cloning)

Edit the one that I couldn't recall the name of is "Infomorph Synchronizing"
Jack Miton
Perkone
Caldari State
#7 - 2014-04-23 01:29:49 UTC
Cap rep/remote rep skills to 5.

also:
Minmatar Offensive Systems / Rank 1 / Level: 4 / SP: 45,255 of 256,000

lose a loki did we?

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Luwc
Cohortes Auxilaries
#8 - 2014-04-23 07:16:52 UTC
Gyro DuAquin1 wrote:
http://eveboard.com/pilot/Gyro_DuAquin1

So i have172m sp and confused on what to do next

i know i lack electronic skills so thats something I can do but what I am looking for is a long term plan,

any ideas, i might have just missed


Sell your char.
Start over.

http://hugelolcdn.com/i/267520.gif

RavenPaine
RaVeN Alliance
#9 - 2014-04-23 21:20:42 UTC
Everyone has posted a good idea.
I'm with Tau on the drones
Mashie/Karen on the guns
Jack on the cap skills
Caldari/People Eater on the missing skills


"Sell your character" sounds a bit radical maybe, but it would generate a lot of ISK.
The other part of his post is "Start over". You don't have to sell your main to start a new character. Maybe create a totally unknown alt for privacy or new adventures?

Go for a PERFECT ship?
Go for a perfect LINE of ships. (Cruisers? Capitals?)
Go for complete categories

I'm getting to the same place that you are in some respects.
It's not that I don't have skills to do, it's just that they don't seem as *fun*.
Running out of goals

Mocam
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2014-04-27 02:19:38 UTC
RavenPaine wrote:
Everyone has posted a good idea.
I'm with Tau on the drones
Mashie/Karen on the guns
Jack on the cap skills
Caldari/People Eater on the missing skills


"Sell your character" sounds a bit radical maybe, but it would generate a lot of ISK.
The other part of his post is "Start over". You don't have to sell your main to start a new character. Maybe create a totally unknown alt for privacy or new adventures?

Go for a PERFECT ship?
Go for a perfect LINE of ships. (Cruisers? Capitals?)
Go for complete categories

I'm getting to the same place that you are in some respects.
It's not that I don't have skills to do, it's just that they don't seem as *fun*.
Running out of goals



Good ideas.

I'd go with "what ships do you like to fly? Take them perfect".

After that, just stop and train up a same account alt. You do have 3 slots on each account...
digitalwanderer
DW inc
#11 - 2014-04-28 16:04:59 UTC
Mocam wrote:
RavenPaine wrote:
Everyone has posted a good idea.
I'm with Tau on the drones
Mashie/Karen on the guns
Jack on the cap skills
Caldari/People Eater on the missing skills


"Sell your character" sounds a bit radical maybe, but it would generate a lot of ISK.
The other part of his post is "Start over". You don't have to sell your main to start a new character. Maybe create a totally unknown alt for privacy or new adventures?

Go for a PERFECT ship?
Go for a perfect LINE of ships. (Cruisers? Capitals?)
Go for complete categories

I'm getting to the same place that you are in some respects.
It's not that I don't have skills to do, it's just that they don't seem as *fun*.
Running out of goals



Good ideas.

I'd go with "what ships do you like to fly? Take them perfect".

After that, just stop and train up a same account alt. You do have 3 slots on each account...



Kinda goes against the principle of the game doesn't it?......It's not supposed to end because there's no more skills that interest a player left to train.


Aproaching 11 years playing non stop and even when focusing on nothing but combat skills for all races and all ship classes, using all possible weapons, there's less than 300 skills to max out to lvl 5, ands some players are already passed the 250 skills to lvl 5 so the training wall is coming up fast and you want people to sell their chars and restart training the same skills a second time?


I view that as a failure of CCP to ignore the old farts of the game.
Cronos Decendum
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#12 - 2014-04-29 00:21:20 UTC
digitalwanderer wrote:
Mocam wrote:
RavenPaine wrote:
Everyone has posted a good idea.
I'm with Tau on the drones
Mashie/Karen on the guns
Jack on the cap skills
Caldari/People Eater on the missing skills


"Sell your character" sounds a bit radical maybe, but it would generate a lot of ISK.
The other part of his post is "Start over". You don't have to sell your main to start a new character. Maybe create a totally unknown alt for privacy or new adventures?

Go for a PERFECT ship?
Go for a perfect LINE of ships. (Cruisers? Capitals?)
Go for complete categories

I'm getting to the same place that you are in some respects.
It's not that I don't have skills to do, it's just that they don't seem as *fun*.
Running out of goals



Good ideas.

I'd go with "what ships do you like to fly? Take them perfect".

After that, just stop and train up a same account alt. You do have 3 slots on each account...



Kinda goes against the principle of the game doesn't it?......It's not supposed to end because there's no more skills that interest a player left to train.


Aproaching 11 years playing non stop and even when focusing on nothing but combat skills for all races and all ship classes, using all possible weapons, there's less than 300 skills to max out to lvl 5, ands some players are already passed the 250 skills to lvl 5 so the training wall is coming up fast and you want people to sell their chars and restart training the same skills a second time?


I view that as a failure of CCP to ignore the old farts of the game.


Quit already.

You been nagging about this nonstop for years now. Tons left to train on your char. 290 million in combat skills alone to train. You ain't even close to being finished. If your amount of SP bothers you that much, train another char or petition CCP that you are miserable so that they ban you or take some SP away.

BTW. Try actually flying your char instead of station spinning at 2700 afraid you'll miss a skill point. You do this to yourself and then you go blame CCP for it. Not their fault that you totally missed the point of this game. You must be driving the people you play with insane (If there are any).

Unless CCP adds content and ships there is no point in adding more skills. So when they get to that you'll get your wish. Grow up.

Regards..

PS. You were nagging about this before you even reached 150 mil. Why aren't the other 1000+ who reached this point whining? Maybe because there is nothing to whine about? Or is it just that you crave attention and like to point out that you have a ton of SP? In that case a shrink might help.
digitalwanderer
DW inc
#13 - 2014-04-29 01:07:28 UTC
Cronos Decendum wrote:
digitalwanderer wrote:
Mocam wrote:
RavenPaine wrote:
Everyone has posted a good idea.
I'm with Tau on the drones
Mashie/Karen on the guns
Jack on the cap skills
Caldari/People Eater on the missing skills


"Sell your character" sounds a bit radical maybe, but it would generate a lot of ISK.
The other part of his post is "Start over". You don't have to sell your main to start a new character. Maybe create a totally unknown alt for privacy or new adventures?

Go for a PERFECT ship?
Go for a perfect LINE of ships. (Cruisers? Capitals?)
Go for complete categories

I'm getting to the same place that you are in some respects.
It's not that I don't have skills to do, it's just that they don't seem as *fun*.
Running out of goals



Good ideas.

I'd go with "what ships do you like to fly? Take them perfect".

After that, just stop and train up a same account alt. You do have 3 slots on each account...



Kinda goes against the principle of the game doesn't it?......It's not supposed to end because there's no more skills that interest a player left to train.


Aproaching 11 years playing non stop and even when focusing on nothing but combat skills for all races and all ship classes, using all possible weapons, there's less than 300 skills to max out to lvl 5, ands some players are already passed the 250 skills to lvl 5 so the training wall is coming up fast and you want people to sell their chars and restart training the same skills a second time?


I view that as a failure of CCP to ignore the old farts of the game.


Quit already.

You been nagging about this nonstop for years now. Tons left to train on your char. 290 million in combat skills alone to train. You ain't even close to being finished. If your amount of SP bothers you that much, train another char or petition CCP that you are miserable so that they ban you or take some SP away.

BTW. Try actually flying your char instead of station spinning at 2700 afraid you'll miss a skill point. You do this to yourself and then you go blame CCP for it. Not their fault that you totally missed the point of this game. You must be driving the people you play with insane (If there are any).

Unless CCP adds content and ships there is no point in adding more skills. So when they get to that you'll get your wish. Grow up.

Regards..

PS. You were nagging about this before you even reached 150 mil. Why aren't the other 1000+ who reached this point whining? Maybe because there is nothing to whine about? Or is it just that you crave attention and like to point out that you have a ton of SP? In that case a shrink might help.



Angry much are we?......What happens to player specialisation when you do reach that 290 million in combat skills, which for some is less than 2 years away and given how slowly CCP releases stuff for the last few years, you get the point.
Jebediah Gurkenburken
Drone Renter Federation
Pan-Intergalatic Business Community
#14 - 2014-04-29 05:53:03 UTC
digitalwanderer wrote:
Kinda goes against the principle of the game doesn't it?......It's not supposed to end because there's no more skills that interest a player left to train.

Aproaching 11 years playing non stop and even when focusing on nothing but combat skills for all races and all ship classes, using all possible weapons, there's less than 300 skills to max out to lvl 5, ands some players are already passed the 250 skills to lvl 5 so the training wall is coming up fast and you want people to sell their chars and restart training the same skills a second time?

I view that as a failure of CCP to ignore the old farts of the game.

Wait a moment... so training skills is the goal of this game? Damn, I got that wrong and thought that skills are a tool, not the goal.
Cronos Decendum
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#15 - 2014-04-29 15:10:52 UTC
digitalwanderer wrote:
Cronos Decendum wrote:
digitalwanderer wrote:
Mocam wrote:
RavenPaine wrote:
Everyone has posted a good idea.
I'm with Tau on the drones
Mashie/Karen on the guns
Jack on the cap skills
Caldari/People Eater on the missing skills


"Sell your character" sounds a bit radical maybe, but it would generate a lot of ISK.
The other part of his post is "Start over". You don't have to sell your main to start a new character. Maybe create a totally unknown alt for privacy or new adventures?

Go for a PERFECT ship?
Go for a perfect LINE of ships. (Cruisers? Capitals?)
Go for complete categories

I'm getting to the same place that you are in some respects.
It's not that I don't have skills to do, it's just that they don't seem as *fun*.
Running out of goals



Good ideas.

I'd go with "what ships do you like to fly? Take them perfect".

After that, just stop and train up a same account alt. You do have 3 slots on each account...



Kinda goes against the principle of the game doesn't it?......It's not supposed to end because there's no more skills that interest a player left to train.


Aproaching 11 years playing non stop and even when focusing on nothing but combat skills for all races and all ship classes, using all possible weapons, there's less than 300 skills to max out to lvl 5, ands some players are already passed the 250 skills to lvl 5 so the training wall is coming up fast and you want people to sell their chars and restart training the same skills a second time?


I view that as a failure of CCP to ignore the old farts of the game.


Quit already.

You been nagging about this nonstop for years now. Tons left to train on your char. 290 million in combat skills alone to train. You ain't even close to being finished. If your amount of SP bothers you that much, train another char or petition CCP that you are miserable so that they ban you or take some SP away.

BTW. Try actually flying your char instead of station spinning at 2700 afraid you'll miss a skill point. You do this to yourself and then you go blame CCP for it. Not their fault that you totally missed the point of this game. You must be driving the people you play with insane (If there are any).

Unless CCP adds content and ships there is no point in adding more skills. So when they get to that you'll get your wish. Grow up.

Regards..

PS. You were nagging about this before you even reached 150 mil. Why aren't the other 1000+ who reached this point whining? Maybe because there is nothing to whine about? Or is it just that you crave attention and like to point out that you have a ton of SP? In that case a shrink might help.



Angry much are we?......What happens to player specialisation when you do reach that 290 million in combat skills, which for some is less than 2 years away and given how slowly CCP releases stuff for the last few years, you get the point.


You lean back satisfied and make a toast on a job well done. Afterwards you start training the other 250mil or however much is left.

B. WIllis said it best. Yippy ka Ye ************.