These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[BOND]1.20B - 45 days - 12% Uncollateralized

Author
Werd Askold
Doomheim
#1 - 2011-09-09 03:00:13 UTC
I am looking for some isk to major trading with. With my calculations I should be doubling this amount within a few weeks. I am asking for 45 days to make sure I have the time I need.

Summary
Bond size: 1.20B
Rate: 12%
Collateral: None
Start date: After all isk is received.
Maturity: 45 days later

I have been trading for a while and have found a particular few items that can turn a profit quickly. Unfortunately I do not have the initial cash to buy these items and transport them.

The bond would start after isk is received and pay 12% interest for the 45 day period.

As to risks, there is little risk as I have been watching this trend for a while and if I move on it soon, it will be fine. If there is a problem, then I have some items (BPOs, ships, etc) that I will sell and I will run missions to make up any extra needed. As I am in a started corp still, there is no threat of war dec and I will be using Courier Contracts to do most of the moving. I have no plans of quitting eve nor do I plan on getting hit by a bus. For the amount I am requesting, I do not believe that an audit should be required as it will just waste isk, nor do I feel any collateral is necessary.

As a first time requester and an unknown, I believe 12% is a fair amount for interest and will likely be able to pay back the loan at a much earlier date.

Thank you for your time.

W. Askold
Tekota
The Freighter Factory
#2 - 2011-09-09 12:51:58 UTC
Note that I'm not currently in a position to invest in anything regardless of quality; as such I'll attempt to offer some constructive questions but as I'm not a potential investor it's up to you how you deal with them.

Who are you? First time requestor is one thing, but this appears to be only your second ever post, the first being one where you appeared to succesfully sell a character for over 3 bill earlier in the year. This strongly suggests there is a main char out there somewhere.

Are you prepared to reveal your skills via (eg.) eveboard.com or the API to show you have indeed have the skills you claim?

Are you prepared to reveal a wallet journal/transactions via the API to show that you have indeed been trading for a while?
Werd Askold
Doomheim
#3 - 2011-09-09 20:58:10 UTC
Tekota,

While you bring up valid points, and I would agree with the skepticism...

Yes, there is an alt. And while no, this character does not have those skills, my main toon does.

Yes, my first post was selling a character. Not really that uncommon.

If there is a way in the API to not list my character name and corp name, then I would happily hand over said information. The people in my Corp. would likely shun me for this post as it is against their rules. The reason it is against their rules is their own, but I assume because if I do not pay back the loans, then they feel they will get war dec'd.

As I am planning on paying back the loan, this is not an issue. As with journal entries/wallet transactions, no, I cannot do that. That would give anyone a way to see what I am doing for profit and then be able to use it themselves.
Zagam
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2011-09-09 21:03:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Zagam
Werd Askold wrote:
Tekota,

While you bring up valid points, and I would agree with the skepticism...

Yes, there is an alt. And while no, this character does not have those skills, my main toon does.

Yes, my first post was selling a character. Not really that uncommon.

If there is a way in the API to not list my character name and corp name, then I would happily hand over said information. The people in my Corp. would likely shun me for this post as it is against their rules. The reason it is against their rules is their own, but I assume because if I do not pay back the loans, then they feel they will get war dec'd.

As I am planning on paying back the loan, this is not an issue. As with journal entries/wallet transactions, no, I cannot do that. That would give anyone a way to see what I am doing for profit and then be able to use it themselves.


Couple items:

1. If its against their rules, why are you still doing it?
2. You don't need to scam someone to get wardecced. All you need to get wardecced is to exist.
(ok, its more than a couple of items)
3. I've heard "I am planning on paying back the loan" many times... which doesn't mean much here on MD.
4. If you get a reputable auditor, they won't steal their ideas.
5. Your ideas are most likely not unique, and others have some up with them before.
6. If you isolate yourself into one product line, you'll eventually run it dry, and your margins will be poo.
7. You can set up the API now to not show product names, but rather just show transations with the names redacted.
8. I trade extensively on an alt of mine, and if I did choose to run a bond, I would have no issue disclosing all of this info to an auditor - and I'm pretty secretive about what I trade. (that said, I have no intention of ever running a bond, since I fund myself fully now, and have passed the range of ISK that MD would be able to provide on the first few offerings)
E Trade
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2011-09-09 21:07:14 UTC
You sir/madam are off to a bad start, you're an unknown quantity with red flags before you begin. I fully suggest starting smaller and collateralized. Otherwise u are simply asking for trolls to visit this thread.

Good day.
Werd Askold
Doomheim
#6 - 2011-09-09 21:10:18 UTC
E Trade wrote:
You sir/madam are off to a bad start, you're an unknown quantity with red flags before you begin. I fully suggest starting smaller and collateralized. Otherwise u are simply asking for trolls to visit this thread.

Good day.


Like you eh?
Zagam
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#7 - 2011-09-09 21:12:00 UTC
Werd Askold wrote:
E Trade wrote:
You sir/madam are off to a bad start, you're an unknown quantity with red flags before you begin. I fully suggest starting smaller and collateralized. Otherwise u are simply asking for trolls to visit this thread.

Good day.


Like you eh?

He didn't troll. And looking through all the posts, you haven't been trolled yet. Of everyone, I come the closest to trolling you, since I'm being rather blunt in telling you that you are putting up more red flags than a hurricane right now.
Werd Askold
Doomheim
#8 - 2011-09-09 21:19:20 UTC
Okay, what would be considered acceptable collateral?

I understand everyone's concern, because if it were me, then I wouldn't be thinking about it at all.
E Trade
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2011-09-09 21:24:07 UTC  |  Edited by: E Trade
You seem to b e completely new to borrowing ISK, collateral would be 100% of the amount u borrow in items.

I hate to think u believe i am trolling you, I was only trying to lend advice which i thought u might find helpful.
Zagam
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#10 - 2011-09-09 21:24:39 UTC
Werd Askold wrote:
Okay, what would be considered acceptable collateral?

I understand everyone's concern, because if it were me, then I wouldn't be thinking about it at all.

Something of the same value as what you are borrowing, held by a third party. BPOs or cap ships would work best for this. (something with a stable value)
Werd Askold
Doomheim
#11 - 2011-09-09 21:28:36 UTC
Then why wouldn't I just sell said item(s)?

And that would completely negate the need for the loans.

And yes, I am new to this.

As tot he troll comment. Sorry, I am used to people saying that someone will get trolled, actually being a troll themselves. =)

Comy 1
WiNGSPAN Delivery Services
WiNGSPAN Delivery Network
#12 - 2011-09-09 21:51:44 UTC
Werd Askold wrote:
Then why wouldn't I just sell said item(s)?

And that would completely negate the need for the loans.

And yes, I am new to this.

As tot he troll comment. Sorry, I am used to people saying that someone will get trolled, actually being a troll themselves. =)



Lets say you put a blueprint at collateral, researched and all that you wouldn't need for a period of time. Let's say you value it at NPC price (without research) for your collateral.

To sell said blueprint would take time to get a decent price out of it, and would you want to use it again it would also take time to either buy a new one to research or get a good deal on a used one. Putting it as collateral will be a good way to temporary make it into liquid isk.
Werd Askold
Doomheim
#13 - 2011-09-09 23:34:08 UTC
I will just sell off some **** then.

Not sure what the point is.
trance atlas
End Game Crew
#14 - 2011-09-10 05:54:21 UTC
Werd Askold wrote:
I will just sell off some **** then.

Not sure what the point is.



hi

i see you have posted that you are new here


but i still feel the need to ask


you must be new here?


the reason you put something up for hock is you still get the isk and then after you repay you get the item back


1put bpo up for hock
2make **** tons of isk
3 repay and get bpo back
4??????
5 you already profited so
6 i am what you thought other dude was
Xylem Viliana
homeless bum
#15 - 2011-09-11 13:24:41 UTC
Werd Askold wrote:
I will just sell off some **** then.

Not sure what the point is.



As said the point is that collateral is returned.

say you want 2 billion and offer a covetor BPO (think they are 2 billion ish) as collateral, you do whatever with the 2 billion (hopefully make it into more than 2.5 billion) then you pay off the loan + interest and get your BPO back.

From what I have seen the loans that offer collateral usually have a lower interest rate due to the reduced risk