These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

So, CSM 8 Members....

First post
Author
Bloemkoolsaus
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#81 - 2014-04-07 14:22:53 UTC
Who cares about effects..

wtf is this at page 18 Shocked
Quote:
Implementation on a full replacement for starbases has not started, but there is design work on-going.
BayneNothos
United Electro-Magnetic Federation
Business Alliance of Manufacturers and Miners
#82 - 2014-04-07 15:11:24 UTC
Bloemkoolsaus wrote:
Who cares about effects..

wtf is this at page 18 Shocked
Quote:
Implementation on a full replacement for starbases has not started, but there is design work on-going.


Not too surprising. They'll want the "how" all figured out well before a coder or artist actually starts work so as to not waste time. It seems like it'll be based around the deployable system which tbh has all the elements to make a POS already around. There's the faux FF in the ESS, a range from a point in space, all that's needed is the who can go inside that range and a pretty sphere art effect and that's done. Tractors can pick things out, not too much more work to swap that over to a gun and shoot players. Mobile Depot's = SMA's.

But that's all just replacing out to what we have already, I'd guess CCP probably wants to change them up quite a bit and in general refresh them, hence the designing and not started actual work. CCP works in sprints, I can't remember how long their sprints are but, as the name suggests, are short. So be glad they're still designing cause once they start working it'll be over before you know it :P
Blodhgarm Dethahal
Moist Towelettes.
#83 - 2014-04-07 17:51:19 UTC
I just hope when they 'replace' POSs/Starbases or whatever you wish to call it they keep the ForceField mechanic and do not add stations to WHs. This keeps our unique environment and keeps station games out of our space.

All that's needed is a better UI for POSs so you can queue onlining modules, more practical tiers of security access (or better yet be able to assign people only being able access specific containers/hangers only), and make it a better option for industry focused groups (although this appears to already have been happening with the refining rebalance).
James Arget
Future Corps
Sleeper Social Club
#84 - 2014-04-07 17:56:36 UTC
Blodhgarm Dethahal wrote:
I just hope when they 'replace' POSs/Starbases or whatever you wish to call it they keep the ForceField mechanic and do not add stations to WHs. This keeps our unique environment and keeps station games out of our space.

All that's needed is a better UI for POSs so you can queue onlining modules, more practical tiers of security access (or better yet be able to assign people only being able access specific containers/hangers only), and make it a better option for industry focused groups (although this appears to already have been happening with the refining rebalance).

CCP really doesn't like the POS FF, because it doesn't cause a distinct state change, but I'm pushing to keep it as much as possible.

CSM 8 Representative

http://csm8.org

Paikis
Vapour Holdings
#85 - 2014-04-07 19:00:27 UTC
Page 19, CSM Minutes wrote:

CCP Bettik then suggested a mad science idea, where incoming wormholes would not spawn
the signature for the K162 immediately, but instead it would be delayed for an amount of time.
James disapproved strongly of the idea, and expressed that such an advantage should be
balanced by being unable to leave the grid until the signature is spawned. Chitsa got excited
and strongly approved of the idea.


What in the actual ****?
BayneNothos
United Electro-Magnetic Federation
Business Alliance of Manufacturers and Miners
#86 - 2014-04-08 00:39:05 UTC
James Arget wrote:
Blodhgarm Dethahal wrote:
I just hope when they 'replace' POSs/Starbases or whatever you wish to call it they keep the ForceField mechanic and do not add stations to WHs. This keeps our unique environment and keeps station games out of our space.

All that's needed is a better UI for POSs so you can queue onlining modules, more practical tiers of security access (or better yet be able to assign people only being able access specific containers/hangers only), and make it a better option for industry focused groups (although this appears to already have been happening with the refining rebalance).

CCP really doesn't like the POS FF, because it doesn't cause a distinct state change, but I'm pushing to keep it as much as possible.


That explains the whole mooring at POS's thing from a while ago while turning them into Mini Stations. This is one of those times where doing a separate W-Space thing from K space would be good. A separate W-Space POS type that only anchors out here. Hell, just grab the WH mechanics and apply them to leaving the Station-Lite Nu-POS, just lore it over with "They use mini WH's to leave the POS" or something. The point being, K space doesn't have to leak into W space here.

@Paikis
There's a thread on that already :P
This is one of those things where the minutes don't show whats up here. That could be word for word, or it could be a 20 minute back and forth conversation.
Dersen Lowery
The Scope
#87 - 2014-04-08 15:26:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Dersen Lowery
James Arget wrote:
Blodhgarm Dethahal wrote:
I just hope when they 'replace' POSs/Starbases or whatever you wish to call it they keep the ForceField mechanic and do not add stations to WHs. This keeps our unique environment and keeps station games out of our space.

All that's needed is a better UI for POSs so you can queue onlining modules, more practical tiers of security access (or better yet be able to assign people only being able access specific containers/hangers only), and make it a better option for industry focused groups (although this appears to already have been happening with the refining rebalance).

CCP really doesn't like the POS FF, because it doesn't cause a distinct state change, but I'm pushing to keep it as much as possible.


Their reason became a lot more obvious in the discussion about rebooting the AUR store. A dockable POS could allow WH dwellers to redeem items in the WH, leading to more convenience for the people living in them and tastier drops for the people shooting at them.

(And before anyone decides to come after me for my tasty drops, I already have a Jita alt for this. Sorry! P)

Proud founder and member of the Belligerent Desirables.

I voted in CSM X!

James Arget
Future Corps
Sleeper Social Club
#88 - 2014-04-08 17:29:49 UTC
Paikis wrote:
Page 19, CSM Minutes wrote:

CCP Bettik then suggested a mad science idea, where incoming wormholes would not spawn
the signature for the K162 immediately, but instead it would be delayed for an amount of time.
James disapproved strongly of the idea, and expressed that such an advantage should be
balanced by being unable to leave the grid until the signature is spawned. Chitsa got excited
and strongly approved of the idea.


What in the actual ****?

Lol yeah, we kind of had a devthread about that, and then an emergency DTP podcast, and I told Fozzie he needed to stop scaring everyone.

CSM 8 Representative

http://csm8.org

Senn Denroth
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#89 - 2014-04-09 00:43:57 UTC
James Arget wrote:
Blodhgarm Dethahal wrote:
I just hope when they 'replace' POSs/Starbases or whatever you wish to call it they keep the ForceField mechanic and do not add stations to WHs. This keeps our unique environment and keeps station games out of our space.

All that's needed is a better UI for POSs so you can queue onlining modules, more practical tiers of security access (or better yet be able to assign people only being able access specific containers/hangers only), and make it a better option for industry focused groups (although this appears to already have been happening with the refining rebalance).

CCP really doesn't like the POS FF, because it doesn't cause a distinct state change, but I'm pushing to keep it as much as possible.


Ok so, if they really are bringing back all the modular pos stuff. Which could be a good and a bad thing when you look at it.. at least have it configurable so a FF module can be used instead of a docking module. I mean let's be realistic, we're in the future, using alien tech, and we have epic spaceships. If we can't figure out a way to keep FFs we're doing it wrong.

James, your conservative alternative views have been somewhat consistent with those of the average wormhole Joe. But please kick Chitsa in the shins for me :P