These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

CSM Campaigns

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Psychotic Monk for CSM9

First post First post
Author
Ranamar
Nobody in Local
Of Sound Mind
#81 - 2014-03-25 19:41:38 UTC
Last year, I had you fairly far downballot. I'm considering that again this year. However, I have one important concern, especially considering some of the stuff I have seen on minerbumping.com:
What do you think of using EVE as a hunting ground for targets of psychological torture of the variety that Erotica 1 recently posted for all to see on soundcloud? here: https://soundcloud.com/kalorned/erotica1bonusroom_sohkar
La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#82 - 2014-03-25 20:10:19 UTC  |  Edited by: La Rynx
Vote for pmonk?
or vote for erotica?

is there a difference?
vote for J315!
it might be all the same.
Well thats my opinion and i dont need to prove my opinion.

No.
Not all "user generated content" is needed.

heavens, after reading all threadposts, i am more sure than ever.

There is one guy who has a lot of alts.

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#83 - 2014-03-25 21:15:33 UTC
Ranamar wrote:
Last year, I had you fairly far downballot. I'm considering that again this year. However, I have one important concern, especially considering some of the stuff I have seen on minerbumping.com:
What do you think of using EVE as a hunting ground for targets of psychological torture of the variety that Erotica 1 recently posted for all to see on soundcloud? here: https://soundcloud.com/kalorned/erotica1bonusroom_sohkar



Seriously given the number of lightly-veiled threats of RL violence being posted in Ero's CSM thread, I think any overstepping of the line by Ero is the smallest concern anyone decent would have.

Honestly, if I were Ero I'd withdraw from the CSM race for the safety of myself and family, and report those threats to both CCP and consider reporting them to police as well.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Ranamar
Nobody in Local
Of Sound Mind
#84 - 2014-03-25 22:01:31 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
Ranamar wrote:
Last year, I had you fairly far downballot. I'm considering that again this year. However, I have one important concern, especially considering some of the stuff I have seen on minerbumping.com:
What do you think of using EVE as a hunting ground for targets of psychological torture of the variety that Erotica 1 recently posted for all to see on soundcloud? here: https://soundcloud.com/kalorned/erotica1bonusroom_sohkar



Seriously given the number of lightly-veiled threats of RL violence being posted in Ero's CSM thread, I think any overstepping of the line by Ero is the smallest concern anyone decent would have.

Honestly, if I were Ero I'd withdraw from the CSM race for the safety of myself and family, and report those threats to both CCP and consider reporting them to police as well.


Then Ero should do that.

I'm not here making death threats. I'm just trying to ascertain Monk's opinion of Erotica 1's actions, because there's a difference between suicide ganking miners (which some of my buddies do) or scamming, on the one hand, and inciting mental breakdowns on the other hand. I'd be interested in a rep for the gankers. I'm not interested in a rep for people whose primary target is, apparently, not related to EVE Online.
Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#85 - 2014-03-27 23:08:06 UTC
Ranamar wrote:

Then Ero should do that.

I'm not here making death threats. I'm just trying to ascertain Monk's opinion of Erotica 1's actions, because there's a difference between suicide ganking miners (which some of my buddies do) or scamming, on the one hand, and inciting mental breakdowns on the other hand. I'd be interested in a rep for the gankers. I'm not interested in a rep for people whose primary target is, apparently, not related to EVE Online.


Love Ero 1 or hate him, the teamspeak antics are all about creating a scenario where the client can't claim (with credibility) "I won the game, therefore you lied by not repaying me". Ero's entire reputation and business model revolves around never being caught in a provable lie, ever, which is why he gets a lot more clients than other 'isk doublers'.

To my mind (and I think, although I'm not sure, that Monk would agree), this is on the nastier end of permissable behaviour in EVE Online, up there with other nasty actions that will also cause a minority of people out-of-game distress, like hellcamping N3's primary station, blowing up someone's ship and telling them "Go cry to mummy", or trapping someone's pod in a nullsec bubble and saying "Get on my Teamspeak and sing 'What does the fox say' or your pod goes blap".

For what it's worth, CCP endorse the latter - they have played recordings of similar ransoms at Fanfest.



EVE is in a lot of ways like poker - it's ruthlessly competitive. If you watch a good poker player, they will often trashtalk to gain a competitive advantage. I personally draw the line between 'rude but acceptable' and 'unacceptable' at making real life threats, or using real-life terms of abuse that have real histories of violence behind them.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Reppyk
The Black Shell
#86 - 2014-03-29 12:57:07 UTC
The Shell supports Monk.

Bump.

I AM SPACE CAPTAIN REPPYK. BEWARE.

Proud co-admin of frugu.net, a French fansite about EVE !

Snupe Doggur
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#87 - 2014-03-30 04:24:28 UTC
What was the most enjoyable part of your Bonus Round participation, Monk? What was least enjoyable? How did you happen to become involved?
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#88 - 2014-03-30 06:12:50 UTC
Ranamar wrote:


Then Ero should do that.

I'm not here making death threats. I'm just trying to ascertain Monk's opinion of Erotica 1's actions, because there's a difference between suicide ganking miners (which some of my buddies do) or scamming, on the one hand, and inciting mental breakdowns on the other hand. I'd be interested in a rep for the gankers. I'm not interested in a rep for people whose primary target is, apparently, not related to EVE Online.

A closed GD thread indicated that P.M. was actually involved along side Ero in at least several if not a significant portion of the bonus rounds. If this is true it would appear that P.M. is actually on side with that being the direction they would like EVE to become.
Louis Robichaud
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#89 - 2014-03-30 06:34:18 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Ranamar wrote:


Then Ero should do that.

I'm not here making death threats. I'm just trying to ascertain Monk's opinion of Erotica 1's actions, because there's a difference between suicide ganking miners (which some of my buddies do) or scamming, on the one hand, and inciting mental breakdowns on the other hand. I'd be interested in a rep for the gankers. I'm not interested in a rep for people whose primary target is, apparently, not related to EVE Online.

A closed GD thread indicated that P.M. was actually involved along side Ero in at least several if not a significant portion of the bonus rounds. If this is true it would appear that P.M. is actually on side with that being the direction they would like EVE to become.


I think that as a CSM candidate, it would be pretty important that P.M. addresses this.

I blog a bit http://hspew.blogspot.ca

Psychotic Monk
Arcana Noctis
#90 - 2014-03-30 19:16:48 UTC
I am in fact still here, yes. I'm in the middle of moving and my internet access is severely limited until the 4th. My apologies.

I know that's unfortunate timing, but you know how real life gets sometimes.
Esha Amphal
Doomheim
#91 - 2014-03-30 19:28:22 UTC
On what grounds are you basing this judgement and sentence? Something more than huff puff emotion I hope.

This recording is mild at best. The only thing the father had to do in front of his wife and 3 children was refuse to sing songs and read aloud a wiki article. Your version of being sadistically humiliated would give the average person a rosy cheeked blush.

Tsk. Put that pitchfork away.

I think you've gazed too long into the abyss. The abyss is gazing into you.
Brusanan
Sardaukar Merc Guild
General Tso's Alliance
#92 - 2014-03-30 19:50:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Brusanan
Esha Amphal wrote:
On what grounds are you basing this judgement and sentence? Something more than huff puff emotion I hope.

This recording is mild at best. The only thing the father had to do in front of his wife and 3 children was refuse to sing songs and read aloud a wiki article. Your version of being sadistically humiliated would give the average person a rosy cheeked blush.

Tsk. Put that pitchfork away.

I think you've gazed too long into the abyss. The abyss is gazing into you.

This. The character is a month old and his only posts on the forums are on the Erotica 1 issue. It appears to just be a personal attack by one of Ripard's lapdogs.

CCP are not banning people simply for having participated in Erotica 1's bonus rounds. They are also not banning for having participated in the Sohkar bonus round, as none of the other agents who participated were banned. They banned Erotica 1 because he had too much negative publicity and there was a lynch mob threatening CCP with bad press if there were no actions taken against him.
Morihei Akachi
Doomheim
#93 - 2014-03-30 19:56:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Morihei Akachi
I'm not in a position to speculate about anyone's motives in this thread, nor is anyone else. I am interested to hear Monk's position on the E1 affair, though. If none is forthcoming, I won't be voting for him.

"Enduring", "restrained" and "ample" as designations for starship components are foreign to the genre of high-tech science fiction and don’t belong in Eve Online. (And as for “scoped” …)

ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#94 - 2014-03-30 20:26:07 UTC
I have removed some rule breaking posts and those quoting them. As always I let some edge cases stay.
Please people, keep it on topic and above all civil!

The rules:
4. Personal attacks are prohibited.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not beneficial to the community spirit that CCP promote and as such they will not be tolerated.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Yi-Ming Gren
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#95 - 2014-03-31 03:59:31 UTC
Psychotic Monk wrote:
I am in fact still here, yes. I'm in the middle of moving and my internet access is severely limited until the 4th. My apologies.

I know that's unfortunate timing, but you know how real life gets sometimes.


So you have your answers he is not banned, and this thread is about Monk's run for CSM not others so lets get it back on topic.
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#96 - 2014-03-31 05:23:46 UTC
Yi-Ming Gren wrote:
Psychotic Monk wrote:
I am in fact still here, yes. I'm in the middle of moving and my internet access is severely limited until the 4th. My apologies.

I know that's unfortunate timing, but you know how real life gets sometimes.


So you have your answers he is not banned, and this thread is about Monk's run for CSM not others so lets get it back on topic.

If you look the question was about his run and if that is the sort of behaviour he considers acceptable in EVE as well as his opinion on the outcome of the recent events. I'd say it's very much on topic to be asking pointed questions like this of potential CSM members.
Yi-Ming Gren
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#97 - 2014-03-31 08:57:20 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Ranamar wrote:


Then Ero should do that.

I'm not here making death threats. I'm just trying to ascertain Monk's opinion of Erotica 1's actions, because there's a difference between suicide ganking miners (which some of my buddies do) or scamming, on the one hand, and inciting mental breakdowns on the other hand. I'd be interested in a rep for the gankers. I'm not interested in a rep for people whose primary target is, apparently, not related to EVE Online.

A closed GD thread indicated that P.M. was actually involved along side Ero in at least several if not a significant portion of the bonus rounds. If this is true it would appear that P.M. is actually on side with that being the direction they would like EVE to become.


Nope, I saw no question just posts that brought ISD in to fix them, and you saying you saw a thread somewhere that linked Monk to Ero1. You did not like the thread, or ask if he was apart of it, or if that is the direction he would like to see the game go.

For me I would like to know what Monk's view of the game future is? Something to help new players not get so attached to the ships? Some Tutorial's added on concord mechanics/ how to turn off the safety in Hi-sec? People talk how Hi-sec needs to be safer, but I disagree I feel it being made safer instills a fear of null sec or doing anything that might risk their ship. Worse yet when they get War Dec'd and/or ganked they rage quit in some cases or in others they rage in local and spew death threats. Rate Over.

Monk Where do you see Hi-Sec going? How to help bring new players/get new players into the game and not the grid?
TheSmokingHertog
Julia's Interstellar Trade Emperium
#98 - 2014-03-31 19:49:01 UTC
You have my votes, considering I wouldn't like the fruits of your labor in my own surroundings, I like the meta-game associated with it completely, a roller-coaster like safe 'high sec / EVE' would be a thing that would make me leave EVE instantly.

"Dogma is kind of like quantum physics, observing the dogma state will change it." ~ CCP Prism X

"Schrödinger's Missile. I dig it." ~ Makari Aeron

-= "Brain in a Box on Singularity" - April 2015 =-

Eva Darke
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#99 - 2014-04-01 07:01:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Eva Darke
Hi Monk,

You were in my top 3 last year, so I'm glad to see you running again. Smile However, your blog hasn't been updated in several months, so I have very little idea what you've been doing recently.

I too am interested in hearing your opinion on (and address your involvement in) the recent Erotica 1 Bonus Round drama. Specifically, I'd like to know where you draw the line (if at all) on what is, and is not, acceptable player behavior.

For example, I remember you talking once about a reverse safari that you decided not to go through with, because it became clear on comms that the player had a mental disability. But then there are situations where you or your associates have engaged in repeated, long-term harassment of players you don't like.

Do you feel that this sort of behavior contradicts your stated desire for players to be excited about logging in and interacting with each other?

If a player experiences continual bullying within the game to the point of having an emotional breakdown, or decides to quit as a result, is it simply a case that they were playing the wrong game?

Do you believe that players should afford each other a certain level of respect in the spirit of healthy competition?
Ssabat Thraxx
DUST Expeditionary Team
Good Sax
#100 - 2014-04-01 15:27:50 UTC
Monk,

What is your position on CCP taking in-game disciplinary action against players for things they do outside of the game on privately-owned blogs, message boards, and Teamspeak servers?

\m/ O.o \m/

"You're a freak ..." - Solecist Project