These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Maybe you have heard

First post
Author
Vexed Nova
NovaTech Holdings
#1 - 2014-03-25 18:50:42 UTC
EVE (EVil Entities)

Check out this blog post as well as Jester's Trek. Was this always EVE or did we turn some dark corner on our way straight to hell?

Please check out my blog! EVE Industrialist Blog - http://bit.ly/1m9Oegu

Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2 - 2014-03-25 19:11:13 UTC
This again?

Look, nobody makes these morons perform. They choose to humiliate themselves for ISK.

CCP has no control over it, it happens on a teamspeak server they dont own, and im pretty sure the "Online content experience not rated" stuff plays into any portion that does involve the game directly.

How would you say its anyone's fault but their own?

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Vexed Nova
NovaTech Holdings
#3 - 2014-03-25 19:36:24 UTC
Leto Thule wrote:
This again?

Look, nobody makes these morons perform. They choose to humiliate themselves for ISK.

CCP has no control over it, it happens on a teamspeak server they dont own, and im pretty sure the "Online content experience not rated" stuff plays into any portion that does involve the game directly.

How would you say its anyone's fault but their own?


Sooo. At the risk of being obtuse, based on this logic, you must pardon Hilter. It was the fault of the Jews I guess. Look, I know CCP has painted themselves into a corner, I just feel something could be done. Their hands-off approach is generally the best part of EVE. I just don't know..

Please check out my blog! EVE Industrialist Blog - http://bit.ly/1m9Oegu

Matrea D
Maggie's Magical Miners
#4 - 2014-03-25 19:55:15 UTC
Vexed Nova wrote:
Leto Thule wrote:
This again?

Look, nobody makes these morons perform. They choose to humiliate themselves for ISK.

CCP has no control over it, it happens on a teamspeak server they dont own, and im pretty sure the "Online content experience not rated" stuff plays into any portion that does involve the game directly.

How would you say its anyone's fault but their own?


Sooo. At the risk of being obtuse, based on this logic, you must pardon Hilter. It was the fault of the Jews I guess. Look, I know CCP has painted themselves into a corner, I just feel something could be done. Their hands-off approach is generally the best part of EVE. I just don't know..


Yep, it's exactly the same.
They rounded up the "victim," sent him on a train to the Teamspeak server, and forced him to do unspeakable things under the threat of death.
Same exact thing.

Sarcasm aside, the "victim" could have walked away at any time, but right from the start he decided that he was, in fact, going to humiliate himself for the promise of ISK. Instead, he later changed his mind about his decision and was upset that he ever made that decision in the first place.

The tears of impotent rage at the end are misdirected at those on Teamspeak. He was really only angry at himself for being so greedy it blinded him.
Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5 - 2014-03-25 19:55:55 UTC
Vexed Nova wrote:
Leto Thule wrote:
This again?

Look, nobody makes these morons perform. They choose to humiliate themselves for ISK.

CCP has no control over it, it happens on a teamspeak server they dont own, and im pretty sure the "Online content experience not rated" stuff plays into any portion that does involve the game directly.

How would you say its anyone's fault but their own?


Sooo. At the risk of being obtuse, based on this logic, you must pardon Hilter. It was the fault of the Jews I guess. Look, I know CCP has painted themselves into a corner, I just feel something could be done. Their hands-off approach is generally the best part of EVE. I just don't know..



That is not, even remotely, a close comparison. The holocaust involved the involuntary rounding up and extermination of an entire race of people. I fail to see how that compares to a few idiots performing humiliating acts on teamspeak.

Again, nobody FORCED these people to participate.

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#6 - 2014-03-25 19:57:08 UTC
Vexed Nova wrote:
EVE (EVil Entities)

Check out this blog post as well as Jester's Trek. Was this always EVE or did we turn some dark corner on our way straight to hell?


As suggested in the blog, I let my dear grandmother hear the hilarious soundcloud and explained to her what happened.

She asked; Why is this poor man playing along with this charade?
My answer: He thinks he can be space rich if he does.
Her answer: Greedy and stupid... poor chap.

D.

Bear

Proud member of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Member and Juror of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Emily Spankratchet
Pragmatics
#7 - 2014-03-25 20:00:03 UTC
Vexed Nova wrote:
Sooo. At the risk of being obtuse, based on this logic, you must pardon Hilter.


I don't remember a bonus round in WWII. That's a patently ridiculous comparison.
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#8 - 2014-03-25 20:01:38 UTC
Quote:
16. Redundant and re-posted threads will be locked.

As a courtesy to other forum users, please search to see if there is a thread already open on the topic you wish to discuss. If so, please place your comments there instead. Multiple threads on the same subject clutter up the forums needlessly, causing good feedback and ideas to be lost. Please keep discussions regarding a topic to a single thread.

If you have an opinion on the matter, I recommend posting it in the thread on the matter in General Discussion. Thank you.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department