These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123
 

Well I'm out

Author
Erica Dusette
Division 13
#41 - 2014-03-20 01:35:40 UTC
Didn't he say he was still Trial? If so would explain why he posted it here.

Come back Bruce. I'll give you a free 60 minute date with Erica at a reputable highsec station of your choosing as a reward. Together we can discuss highsec war mechanics and the value of joining a proper corp whilst sipping some synth-coffee.

If you subscribe to prove you're of age I'll even bring spiced wine.

You can thank me later CCP.

Jack Miton > you be nice or you're sleeping on the couch again!

Part-Time Wormhole Pirate Full-Time Supermodel

worмнole dιary + cнaracтer вιoѕвσss

J'Poll
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#42 - 2014-03-20 01:51:25 UTC
Erica Dusette wrote:
Didn't he say he was still Trial? If so would explain why he posted it here.

Come back Bruce. I'll give you a free 60 minute date with Erica at a reputable highsec station of your choosing as a reward. Together we can discuss highsec war mechanics and the value of joining a proper corp whilst sipping some synth-coffee.

If you subscribe to prove you're of age I'll even bring spiced wine.

You can thank me later CCP.


He posted here because it was the only spot where he can post to try and convince himself and hopefully others that it was the game's fault for not changing to his needs instead of just acknowledging that maybe EVE isn't the game for him.

I really love to help new players getting into EVE, but people with the attitude shown by the OP. Why would we even bother and waste our time.

Also, amazed how even though as pointed out the OP breaks multiple forum rules, ISD hasn't padlocked it yet.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Oraac Ensor
#43 - 2014-03-20 02:05:29 UTC
J'Poll wrote:
[quote=Oraac Ensor]Mr Oraac, the patron saint of pulling forum rules when ever something is borderline breaking rules in his opinion, but when something is ACTUAL forum rule breaking he suddenly plays Mr. Innocent.
I'd like to see you quote an example where I've done that.


A simple "yes" to my question would have sufficed.

Rules are rules, obviously, but I find it rather strange that newbies on trial accounts are not allowed to tell us that they're leaving and explain why.

I would have thought that would yield interesting/valuable info of how newcomers react to the circumstances they find here.
Erica Dusette
Division 13
#44 - 2014-03-20 02:28:08 UTC
J'Poll wrote:
He posted here because it was the only spot where he can post to try and convince himself and hopefully others that it was the game's fault for not changing to his needs instead of just acknowledging that maybe EVE isn't the game for him.

I really love to help new players getting into EVE, but people with the attitude shown by the OP. Why would we even bother and waste our time.

Well I know myself that my attitude today is VASTLY different to when I began. Apart from the occasional newbie who "gets EVE" instantly it's a MMO culture-shock for many new players. I think it's unfair to tell new folks who're struggling to adapt initially to GTFO. The right attitude will come with time, experience and some guidence. If it doesn't then sure, THEN you'd have a point.

Yes, you're one of the most helpful and knowledgable posters I've seen around honestly. But strangly you're also one of the most self-righteous, arrogant and seemingly impatient or cynical ones. No one is forcing you to waste any time replying to misplaced newbies but yourself, so stop complaining with your sense of righteous-entitlement lol

Quote:
Also, amazed how even though as pointed out the OP breaks multiple forum rules, ISD hasn't padlocked it yet.

They probably like to wait because it trolls all the backseat Mods beautifully.

Jack Miton > you be nice or you're sleeping on the couch again!

Part-Time Wormhole Pirate Full-Time Supermodel

worмнole dιary + cнaracтer вιoѕвσss

Oraac Ensor
#45 - 2014-03-20 03:41:08 UTC
J'Poll wrote:
Also, amazed how even though as pointed out the OP breaks multiple forum rules, ISD hasn't padlocked it yet.

He broke one rule - a rule which effectively denies him the right to express his opinion since this is the only forum he is able to post in.

He posted a factual account of what had happened to him and his friends, gave his opinion about those events and explained his and his friends' reaction - all in a relatively calm and reasonable manner.

My observation of ISD's moderation of these forums is that they are fair and reasonable people who probably realise that the OP had no choice about where he posted his comments.
Asia Leigh
Dauntless Divergence
#46 - 2014-03-20 07:27:36 UTC
Erica Dusette wrote:


Quote:
Also, amazed how even though as pointed out the OP breaks multiple forum rules, ISD hasn't padlocked it yet.

They probably like to wait because it trolls all the backseat Mods beautifully.


^^ Probably this ^^

But since we all want to be rules lawyers here... Isn't discussing forum moderation (or lack thereof in this case) also against the rules? Just saying...
Apply the damn rules equally >.>
Luwc
LOGOS Community
Lux Collective
#47 - 2014-03-20 07:28:51 UTC
Bruce Road wrote:
Take it how you will which I'm sure it will get quite a few side remarks as all things posted of this nature on MMO forums generally do.

After days of trying to mine I found myself completely out of isk due to the actions of one corp that found it fun to target a corp full of new players and blow them up until they were completely out of isk.

No foul comments said, no attacks on them made, no anything other than declaring war on us and repeatedly hunting us down and blowing us up every time we leave station.

I know PvP happens but hell I would at least think things would favor a new player from being stomped by vets non stop just because they can.

Nothing lost as I haven't subbed and do not plan to. They won they ran off a group of 10 new players from Eve.


I'm not angry just disappointed I never got to flesh out and try more of the game but when you can't even leave dock without being blown up because of people camping you at all hours of the day well it just isnt worth the time.

I could leave my corp but I don't think I should be forced to because someone has too much free time on their hands.


On another note losing stuff is part of the nature of this game and I accepted that before I even made my account based on what I read so the deaths are the issue much less the total inability to play.

Well I wish you all luck in Eve and hope you had/have a better time in the game than me and my friends did.

Eve is a great game too bad a few bad apples spoil the bunch in this case.



First of all.

- "Griefing" NEW PLAYERS is against the EULA and can be petioned. So your fault for beeing an idiot and not petioning it to CCP ... this of course does not work while beeing in a corp with veteran players as they can and should protect you.

- Your own fault for staying with a obv. horrible corp.

- A lot of players. including PvPers kinda look down on these kinda people i.e. assholes camping newbs into a station 24/7 blowing up their rookie ships and then calling themselfes PvPers... It would have been easy to get help from by far more expierenced players. A majority of the eve community is very helpfull when it comes to helping out new players.

- If you are such a sissy EVE might not be the right game for you in the first place. Time to go kill some NPCs in Azeroth I guess.

You and your friends are obv. not a loss to the eve community as you prolly would have turned into some horrible carebears in the first place anyway :)


http://hugelolcdn.com/i/267520.gif

Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#48 - 2014-03-20 09:33:10 UTC
Luwc wrote:
Bruce Road wrote:
Take it how you will which I'm sure it will get quite a few side remarks as all things posted of this nature on MMO forums generally do.

After days of trying to mine I found myself completely out of isk due to the actions of one corp that found it fun to target a corp full of new players and blow them up until they were completely out of isk.

No foul comments said, no attacks on them made, no anything other than declaring war on us and repeatedly hunting us down and blowing us up every time we leave station.

I know PvP happens but hell I would at least think things would favor a new player from being stomped by vets non stop just because they can.

Nothing lost as I haven't subbed and do not plan to. They won they ran off a group of 10 new players from Eve.


I'm not angry just disappointed I never got to flesh out and try more of the game but when you can't even leave dock without being blown up because of people camping you at all hours of the day well it just isnt worth the time.

I could leave my corp but I don't think I should be forced to because someone has too much free time on their hands.


On another note losing stuff is part of the nature of this game and I accepted that before I even made my account based on what I read so the deaths are the issue much less the total inability to play.

Well I wish you all luck in Eve and hope you had/have a better time in the game than me and my friends did.

Eve is a great game too bad a few bad apples spoil the bunch in this case.



First of all.

- "Griefing" NEW PLAYERS is against the EULA and can be petioned. So your fault for beeing an idiot and not petioning it to CCP ... this of course does not work while beeing in a corp with veteran players as they can and should protect you.




It's not griefing at all to attack war targets. It is only griefing to attack newbies in rookie systems.

The fault here lies 90% with the corp leadership (of the OP's corp), and 10% with the OP for not dropping corp. (If they weren't a newbie, it would be 50-50).

Corps like the one the OP described are a cancer that needs to be eradicated before they drive anyone else from the game.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

J'Poll
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#49 - 2014-03-20 11:27:45 UTC
Luwc wrote:
Bruce Road wrote:
Take it how you will which I'm sure it will get quite a few side remarks as all things posted of this nature on MMO forums generally do.

After days of trying to mine I found myself completely out of isk due to the actions of one corp that found it fun to target a corp full of new players and blow them up until they were completely out of isk.

No foul comments said, no attacks on them made, no anything other than declaring war on us and repeatedly hunting us down and blowing us up every time we leave station.

I know PvP happens but hell I would at least think things would favor a new player from being stomped by vets non stop just because they can.

Nothing lost as I haven't subbed and do not plan to. They won they ran off a group of 10 new players from Eve.


I'm not angry just disappointed I never got to flesh out and try more of the game but when you can't even leave dock without being blown up because of people camping you at all hours of the day well it just isnt worth the time.

I could leave my corp but I don't think I should be forced to because someone has too much free time on their hands.


On another note losing stuff is part of the nature of this game and I accepted that before I even made my account based on what I read so the deaths are the issue much less the total inability to play.

Well I wish you all luck in Eve and hope you had/have a better time in the game than me and my friends did.

Eve is a great game too bad a few bad apples spoil the bunch in this case.



First of all.

- "Griefing" NEW PLAYERS is against the EULA and can be petioned. So your fault for beeing an idiot and not petioning it to CCP ... this of course does not work while beeing in a corp with veteran players as they can and should protect you.

- Your own fault for staying with a obv. horrible corp.

- A lot of players. including PvPers kinda look down on these kinda people i.e. assholes camping newbs into a station 24/7 blowing up their rookie ships and then calling themselfes PvPers... It would have been easy to get help from by far more expierenced players. A majority of the eve community is very helpfull when it comes to helping out new players.

- If you are such a sissy EVE might not be the right game for you in the first place. Time to go kill some NPCs in Azeroth I guess.

You and your friends are obv. not a loss to the eve community as you prolly would have turned into some horrible carebears in the first place anyway :)




All nice write up. Only sorry to say you are wrong about saying that wardeccing a new player corp is newbie griefing.

Hell read for yourself CCP's reply. They dont have to be in the corp and thus a target, they chose to be.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3607446#post3607446

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Balshem Rozenzweig
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#50 - 2014-03-20 12:28:46 UTC
The previous posts got it right, although in quite harsh manner.

As a new player you could use a corp that does some training and can help you with an advice (if not more). Your corp failed not only to do that, but also dragged you into a war you had no chance of winning. They weren't smart enough to preserve themselves.

There are corps out there that help newbies. I cannot imagine myself without getting help from corpies and reading this forums. Believe me - my account is 6 moths old and I still have idea only about a tiny fraction of the game.

You should blame your corp mostly, tbh.

"NUTS!!!" - general McAuliffe

RomeStar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#51 - 2014-03-20 12:50:33 UTC
Yarda Black wrote:
Seems I made it on time:

Can I have your stuff?




Ahhh you beat us all....did you get his stuff oh thats right iw as blown to bits nothing to really give away. Damn You.

Signatured removed, CCP Phantom

Narkrud Morganian
The Forgotten Veterans
#52 - 2014-03-21 08:26:10 UTC
All i can say is don't give up on the game mate.

Use the experience to form up with your fellow corp members, fit some frigates and mass up.

Take the fight to them and before you know it you will be fighting hard enough to at least make them think twice.

If not get the hell out of that corp and rediscover the game in another way. Get your skills up, do some missions to get cash and maybe even some explorartion for immersion.

But DONT give up, it really pays off later.

No game can give you the freedom this one does and that's a fact.
Previous page123