These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

permanent banned characters

Author
Aon Flux
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2014-01-16 15:13:44 UTC
When a character gets perma banned, where does the character and the SP go. Does CCP have a cage with bad characters that does not get played?

If the perma banned characters are not liquified, is it possible to buy these characters on the legal in-game character market?
Sorao Soreen
Profit to burn
Men Of Mayhem.
#2 - 2014-01-16 15:23:51 UTC
Aon Flux wrote:
When a character gets perma banned, where does the character and the SP go. Does CCP have a cage with bad characters that does not get played?

If the perma banned characters are not liquified, is it possible to buy these characters on the legal in-game character market?


I would think that they go into stasis for a set amount of time. Incase the owner files a petition to get it back. Then after that time or petition fails they delete them no need to have banned chars taking up space now is there
Bad Bobby
Bring Me Sunshine
In Tea We Trust
#3 - 2014-01-16 15:27:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Bad Bobby
Aon Flux wrote:
When a character gets perma banned, where does the character and the SP go. Does CCP have a cage with bad characters that does not get played?

I'm pretty sure it goes nowhere.

Aon Flux wrote:
is it possible to buy these characters on the legal in-game character market?

No, you cannot buy a perma-banned character.

To sell a character you must make a post on the Character Bazaar with the character you intend to sell. Banned characters/accounts cannot post.

To get isk for your character you must log on to that character and transfer the isk out of it's wallet. You cannot log on to banned characters/accounts to do this.

To actually start a character transfer you need to be able to log on to screens that are not available to banned accounts.

There is also a specific rule in the Character Bazaar forbidding the sale of characters that have been "previously banned" for macro use.
Brock Nelson
#4 - 2014-01-16 16:40:33 UTC
Can I have your stuff?Big smile

Signature removed, CCP Phantom

Qalix
Long Jump.
#5 - 2014-01-16 18:50:52 UTC
Bad Bobby wrote:
To sell a character you must make a post on the Character Bazaar with the character you intend to sell. Banned characters/accounts cannot post.

This particular barrier no longer exists. Multiple characters can be advertised in a single post. All the other obstacles still exist, though.
Oiras Isimazu
State War Academy
Caldari State
#6 - 2014-01-16 20:07:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Oiras Isimazu
Qalix wrote:
Bad Bobby wrote:
To sell a character you must make a post on the Character Bazaar with the character you intend to sell. Banned characters/accounts cannot post.

This particular barrier no longer exists. Multiple characters can be advertised in a single post. All the other obstacles still exist, though.

They have to be confirmed.
You may not be able to delete a banned character.
You possibly can't delete a banned character if you can't access a banned account.

Fixed typos and omissions insertion:
There are reasons they are banned which are better not published for, also many good reasons I will not list.

You / they have to deal with Support.

If you do permanently loose control of a pod pilot character from ban, you cannot regain control of it.
It goes without saying.
Markku Laaksonen
No Vacancies
No Vacancies.
#7 - 2014-01-16 22:49:36 UTC
What if CCP offered them as sort of a site-unseen auction.

Minmaterd Citizen #Whatever is up next, starting bid is 100mil ISK (or USD?).

DUST 514 Recruit Code - https://dust514.com/recruit/zluCyb/

EVE Buddy Invite - https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=047203f1-4124-42a1-b36f-39ca8ae5d6e2&action=buddy

Dimitrix Inkura
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#8 - 2014-01-16 23:58:42 UTC
Markku Laaksonen wrote:
What if CCP offered them as sort of a site-unseen auction.

Minmaterd Citizen #Whatever is up next, starting bid is 100mil ISK (or USD?).


That would actually be really cool, like they tell how much SP the character has but you have no idea what it is invested in.

Buddy Invite Program: 21 Day Trial + 450m ISK + Lifelong Advice: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3793109#post3793109

Nex Killer
Perkone
Caldari State
#9 - 2014-01-17 06:26:15 UTC
Markku Laaksonen wrote:
What if CCP offered them as sort of a site-unseen auction.

Minmaterd Citizen #Whatever is up next, starting bid is 100mil ISK (or USD?).


That would be a cool idea. Would be a nice little isk sink too.
Grendell
Technologies Unlimited
#10 - 2014-01-21 16:19:32 UTC
There is no such thing as a permanent ban for CCP based off my personal experience. I know of many cases where the ban was supposedly permanent, but was eventually lifted down the road.

There are plenty of characters for sale in the character sale forum, so there is zero need to buy characters that were banned. It costs CCP almost nothing to keep the banned characters on the database.

Just on a side note, the longest ban before it was lifted that I know of, was about 5 years.

◄[♥]►3rd Party Service◄[♥]►

♥ Securing Peace of mind ♥

Soldarius
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#11 - 2014-01-21 21:34:11 UTC
Let the slave markets be unfenced!

http://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY

Oiras Isimazu
State War Academy
Caldari State
#12 - 2014-03-18 17:09:36 UTC
You can't sell them because you can't control them.
Batelle
Filthy Peasants
#13 - 2014-03-18 17:22:31 UTC
banning something is one thing, but for CCP to remove a character from an account, even a banned account, and sell it. That would be a violation of some kind of sacred trust.

Plus, why would CCP EVER sell a character for in-game isk? CCP has plenty if isk. Its better for CCP to keep high-skilled characters like that off the market, for the same reason people blame CCP when the stack of 41 plexes doesn't drop from the wreck.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#14 - 2014-03-20 05:02:51 UTC
Grendell wrote:
There is no such thing as a permanent ban for CCP based off my personal experience. I know of many cases where the ban was supposedly permanent, but was eventually lifted down the road.

There are plenty of characters for sale in the character sale forum, so there is zero need to buy characters that were banned. It costs CCP almost nothing to keep the banned characters on the database.

Just on a side note, the longest ban before it was lifted that I know of, was about 5 years.



This.

Game companies make mistakes and banhammer people because they don't have all the relevant information, or they decide to give someone another chance.

There are things that you're never coming back to the game for, but most of those would also get you referred to police too (i.e. linking child abuse material, or posting a credible RL death threat). For things that are bad but not on THAT level there's pretty much always a prospect of a second chance.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#15 - 2014-03-20 07:25:28 UTC
Your character would be flagged either way, and as such you will be unable to move it between accounts.

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

flakeys
Doomheim
#16 - 2014-03-20 15:13:13 UTC
Grendell wrote:
There is no such thing as a permanent ban for CCP based off my personal experience. I know of many cases where the ban was supposedly permanent, but was eventually lifted down the road.

There are plenty of characters for sale in the character sale forum, so there is zero need to buy characters that were banned. It costs CCP almost nothing to keep the banned characters on the database.

Just on a side note, the longest ban before it was lifted that I know of, was about 5 years.



Say hi to ricdic from me ... /me coughs Lol

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Qalix
Long Jump.
#17 - 2014-03-20 15:20:17 UTC
Oiras Isimazu wrote:
You can't sell them because you can't control them.

Necromancer!
Axel FoIey
Audacious Entrepreneurial Businesspersons Academy
#18 - 2014-03-20 15:23:09 UTC
flakeys wrote:
Say hi to ricdic from me ... /me coughs Lol


Yeah but he got his mortgage paid off, thus avoiding a different kind of perma ban...foreclosure.
flakeys
Doomheim
#19 - 2014-03-20 15:57:43 UTC
Axel FoIey wrote:
flakeys wrote:
Say hi to ricdic from me ... /me coughs Lol


Yeah but he got his mortgage paid off, thus avoiding a different kind of perma ban...foreclosure.



Well he's married , does that count as a perma ban ? Lol

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Axel FoIey
Audacious Entrepreneurial Businesspersons Academy
#20 - 2014-03-20 16:13:43 UTC
flakeys wrote:
Axel FoIey wrote:
flakeys wrote:
Say hi to ricdic from me ... /me coughs Lol


Yeah but he got his mortgage paid off, thus avoiding a different kind of perma ban...foreclosure.



Well he's married , does that count as a perma ban ? Lol


Well played.