These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Innaugural Developer Spotlight: CCP Punkturis

First post
Author
CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#61 - 2014-03-14 09:22:02 UTC
Black Panthera wrote:
Omg, is that custom painted frame (pink) on that MTB (Scott, what model?)... and pink grips, rims too? Shocked

Pink is really good color, not even mud can cover it Big smile


no it's the original color! it's Scott Contessa Spark, 2012 model Big smile
I want a more aggressive trail bike though, one day I will get one Blink

♥ EVE Brogrammer ♥ Team Five 0 ♥ @CCP_Punkturis

CCP Explorer
C C P
C C P Alliance
#62 - 2014-03-14 09:25:34 UTC
Lors Dornick wrote:
CCP Explorer wrote:
We get a lot of daylight throughout the year https://twitter.com/erlendur/status/274323228644757504 but nearly all of it during the summer. The shortest day in the winter is 4 hours, the longest in summer is 21 hours (Reykjavík, on the southern coast; the day up north is 24 hours).
24h daylight sure.

But isn't it a fact that it's only a small tiny island off the north coast of mainland Iceland that actually has midnight sun? >:)
Depends on what you mean by midnight sun. The sun sets at 00:04 in mid-June in Reykjavík, rises again at 02:55 (the night is just short of 3 hours, and not very dark). In Akureyri up north it's sunset at 00:59 and sunrise at 01:29 (the night is 30 minutes, not dark at all). Midnight sun in both cases but not 24h day. For a 24 hour day you need to go to a small island called Grímsey, north of Akureyri, but the Arctic Circle passes through that island.

Erlendur S. Thorsteinsson | Senior Development Director | EVE Online // CCP Games | @CCP_Explorer

Lors Dornick
Kallisti Industries
#63 - 2014-03-14 13:11:01 UTC
CCP Explorer wrote:
Depends on what you mean by midnight sun. The sun sets at 00:04 in mid-June in Reykjavík, rises again at 02:55 (the night is just short of 3 hours, and not very dark). In Akureyri up north it's sunset at 00:59 and sunrise at 01:29 (the night is 30 minutes, not dark at all). Midnight sun in both cases but not 24h day. For a 24 hour day you need to go to a small island called Grímsey, north of Akureyri, but the Arctic Circle passes through that island.

I know;)
It's just fun to point out (esp to Icelanders who think they live so far up north)

I also know that Öræfajökull is like 11m higher than Kebnekaise which is annoying ;)

CCP Greyscale: As to starbases, we agree it's pretty terrible, but we don't want to delay the entire release just for this one factor.

Deerin
East Trading Co Ltd
#64 - 2014-03-14 14:37:14 UTC
But we already have pink ships! Eris and Lachesis!
JP Nakamura
Union of Intergalactic Miners and Nano Assemblers
#65 - 2014-03-14 15:03:59 UTC  |  Edited by: JP Nakamura
Zappity wrote:
A pity that www.pinkribbonday.com.au is only Australian. You could have released the pink ship as some sort of fundraiser. Or something.


Actually ... Shocked ... Great idea for after they get the kinks worked out of ship painting! Lol

AUR paints for charity, with proceeds from certain paint jobs going to specified charities?

(before anyone jumps on me about paint jobs for AUR vs. ISK, I said AUR paint jobs specifically since they translate back to real money, and CCP have already done PLEX for Charity, so AUR items for Charity is probably within the realm of possibility)

Edit: to bring the thread back to a Punkturis question ...

"Once they get the paint job system working, would you champion a line of 'Quafe' themed pink paint jobs?" Blink

(proud instigator of the Dust 514 Quafe Scout Suit idea during the Red Bull Space Drop Cool)

CCP: 10+ years of Harvesting players Tears  (latest efforts being Source Limited Edition, and Alliance Logo Revised Policies)

Jess Technite
Almost Absolute
#66 - 2014-03-14 15:29:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Jess Technite
As a industrial / trader that is raising their standings with Caldari State and Caldari Navy to 10.0 doing L4 missions (with the main character) I'm happy with that agent finder that you did. Before that, peoples and places and the info corp were your only friends to find a new agent. Thanks!
BTW, what you wear in the photos is not pink (and I hate pink)... IT'S FUCHSIA!!!

By 79 I think she mean that was born in 1979, so... xD
CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#67 - 2014-03-14 15:55:42 UTC
Jess Technite wrote:
As a industrial / trader that is raising their standings with Caldari State and Caldari Navy to 10.0 doing L4 missions (with the main character) I'm happy with that agent finder that you did. Before that, peoples and places and the info corp were your only friends to find a new agent. Thanks!
BTW, what you wear in the photos is not pink (and I hate pink)... IT'S FUCHSIA!!!

By 79 I think she mean that was born in 1979, so... xD


easy now, I'm not THAT old!! Blink

♥ EVE Brogrammer ♥ Team Five 0 ♥ @CCP_Punkturis

Emily Spankratchet
Pragmatics
#68 - 2014-03-14 19:29:38 UTC
Not a question, but a big thank you to you and all the Devs doing little things.

A couple of weeks ago I returned to EvE after a 5 year hiatus (babies and EvE didn't mix well for me). The most noticeable change was all the little UI and usability improvements. Trawling back through the Dev blogs I discovered that most of these are the result of the little things initiative. It has made things so much more awesome.
La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#69 - 2014-03-14 20:13:27 UTC
Oh my gosh look at that sweet little "carebear" you have!

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

Bronden Neopatus
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#70 - 2014-03-15 15:08:46 UTC
CCP Punkturis wrote:
Jess Technite wrote:
As a industrial / trader that is raising their standings with Caldari State and Caldari Navy to 10.0 doing L4 missions (with the main character) I'm happy with that agent finder that you did. Before that, peoples and places and the info corp were your only friends to find a new agent. Thanks!
BTW, what you wear in the photos is not pink (and I hate pink)... IT'S FUCHSIA!!!

By 79 I think she mean that was born in 1979, so... xD


easy now, I'm not THAT old!! Blink


Looks like 1989 to me. Blink

(The Art Of Guessing A Lady's Age: fall short and she'll be glad, guess and she'll hate you, surpass and she'll kill you)

She strutted into my office wearing a dress that clung to her like Saran Wrap to a sloppily butchered pork knuckle, bone and sinew jutting and lurching asymmetrically beneath its folds, the tightness exaggerating the granularity of the suet and causing what little palatable meat there was to sweat, its transparency the thief of imagination.

DrysonBennington
Eagle's Talon's
#71 - 2014-03-15 15:35:09 UTC  |  Edited by: DrysonBennington
I think the questions that Punkturis wants everyone to ask is how are the events she just went through for nine months with her little troll going to transpire into new ship designs?

I seriously think that CEO ship designs should be incorporated into the environment, remember its no longer a game, its an environment.

CEO ships would only be able to be flown by a CEO of a corporation....as a matter of fact I think that Corporation Based ships should be developed to differentiate corporations from the NPC corporation ships. Each Corp based ship would start out with one ship of each ship class type up to carrier where the ships bonus would revolve links that would improve the corporation as a whole while all of the members of the corp where piloting them.

Think of it this way if you are having trouble understanding. Each ship has a pilot that is linked to the ship itself where the pilot operates the functions of the ship with a minimal crew aboard to operate ships systems that need mobile humans.


The corporation is established the same way with a central CEO (pilot ) that is linked to the rest of the corporation (ship) members (ships crew) where the corporation ships connected to the CEO's main grid receive bonuses.

...On the offside Punkturis is a hottie as you might all well be aware of where all the women of CCP including the female pilots are probably the hottest women in such an environment.

Now lets put the troll in his closet where the sounds of darkness will make him a master troll so we can get Punkturis back out there trolling and designing new ships.

La Rynx wrote:
Oh my gosh look at that sweet little "carebear" you have!


We should pod it as soon as possible.
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#72 - 2014-03-16 08:18:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
Jess Technite wrote:
BTW, what you wear in the photos is not pink (and I hate pink)... IT'S FUCHSIA!!!

Fuchsia = Magenta.

Fuchsia is more blue/purple looking than pink. One might go so far as to call it a dark pink.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuchsia_%28color%29
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variations_of_pink

Edit: Not arguing, just expanding.
Myriad Blaze
Common Sense Ltd
Nulli Secunda
#73 - 2014-03-17 06:38:17 UTC
The dev spotlight says you worked in finance... may i assume that job had something to do with programming (i.e. coding something to help with creating an IFRS consolidated account or something like this)? Because since you took and passed a programming test to get to CPP I assume you had programming experience beforehand.

Btw, I love the picture with you and your son. Bear
CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#74 - 2014-03-17 10:59:17 UTC
Myriad Blaze wrote:
The dev spotlight says you worked in finance... may i assume that job had something to do with programming (i.e. coding something to help with creating an IFRS consolidated account or something like this)? Because since you took and passed a programming test to get to CPP I assume you had programming experience beforehand.

Btw, I love the picture with you and your son. Bear


I have B.Sc. in Computer Science and M.Sc. in Computer Systems Engineering Blink

and than you! it was taken last Fanfest, when he was only 6 weeks old :3

♥ EVE Brogrammer ♥ Team Five 0 ♥ @CCP_Punkturis

Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
SLYCE Pirates
#75 - 2014-03-17 11:25:29 UTC
CCP Punkturis wrote:
Myriad Blaze wrote:
The dev spotlight says you worked in finance... may i assume that job had something to do with programming (i.e. coding something to help with creating an IFRS consolidated account or something like this)? Because since you took and passed a programming test to get to CPP I assume you had programming experience beforehand.

Btw, I love the picture with you and your son. Bear


I have B.Sc. in Computer Science and M.Sc. in Computer Systems Engineering Blink

and than you! it was taken last Fanfest, when he was only 6 weeks old :3

Great work with all the things Big smile.


And you dropped a k Twisted

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Galmas
13.
Enigma Project
#76 - 2014-03-17 11:48:14 UTC
Hey CCP Punkturis,

late congratulations on the birth of your son! Hope he is all well and also nice to his parents! : )

My youngest son will become 1 year old in a couple of weeks. : )

All the best wishes and Regards
Gal
Kyalla Ahashion
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#77 - 2014-03-18 11:02:37 UTC
A pink stiletto, harpy, or widow would be awesome. Could be tied in with a breast cancer awareness month campaign too :)
Saint Michaels Soul
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#78 - 2014-03-18 14:52:46 UTC
CCP Punkturis for president.

The simple and clean interface improvements are genuinely fantastic and hit the sweet spot between making the game more accesible, without making it "easier".

I'm really looking forward to seeing what improvements we'll get in the next release.

Keep up the super work!
Saint Michaels Soul
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#79 - 2014-03-18 14:54:02 UTC
Kyalla Ahashion wrote:
A pink stiletto, harpy, or widow would be awesome. Could be tied in with a breast cancer awareness month campaign too :)


*Throws Isk at the screen. *
Lady Areola Fappington
#80 - 2014-03-19 12:30:31 UTC
Not so much a question, but:

I work with a few local college groups that focus on getting girls interested in STEM style fields. You've been an example and inspiration for a few gals shooting for CompSci style degrees.

It's nice to be able to point at someone and say "Look, gender doesn't matter one way or the other. Focus on your education, and being awesome at your future job."

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide