These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

The nerf to Drone Hordes

First post
Author
Evgeniy Taran
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2011-11-29 21:13:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Evgeniy Taran
Sorry guys but I didn't get where is the reason in nerf to Drone Hordes.
Before the nerf we had been making more efforts(salvage, collect, sale alloys or refine and build stuff) to earn the same money from dron region towards the regions with bounty.

And now, after last path you(CCP) presented gift for as. We cannot salvage while we do the horde which we need to do in order to get any money. This increases the time it takes to do a horde significantly. Which reduced ISK income.

Everything looks good by now, except drone regions. I think that we need to rework last changes that according to the drone regions.

Thanks. With hope that this problem will be solved.
Goose99
#2 - 2011-11-29 22:45:44 UTC
Evgeniy Taran wrote:
Sorry guys but I didn't get where is the reason in nerf to Drone Hordes.
Before the nerf we had been making more efforts(salvage, collect, sale alloys or refine and build stuff) to earn the same money from dron region towards the regions with bounty.

And now, after last path you(CCP) presented gift for as. We cannot salvage while we do the horde which we need to do in order to get any money. This increases the time it takes to do a horde significantly. Which reduced ISK income.

Everything looks good by now, except drone regions. I think that we need to rework last changes that according to the drone regions.

Thanks. With hope that this problem will be solved.

Sanctums in all other regions should be nerfed for balance. /thread
Emperor Salazar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3 - 2011-11-29 22:54:50 UTC
Evgeniy Taran wrote:
Sorry guys but I didn't get where is the reason in nerf to Drone Hordes.
Before the nerf we had been making more efforts(salvage, collect, sale alloys or refine and build stuff) to earn the same money from dron region towards the regions with bounty.

And now, after last path you(CCP) presented gift for as. We cannot salvage while we do the horde which we need to do in order to get any money. This increases the time it takes to do a horde significantly. Which reduced ISK income.

Everything looks good by now, except drone regions. I think that we need to rework last changes that according to the drone regions.

Thanks. With hope that this problem will be solved.


Some regions arent as good as others?

Well I never Shocked
Derath Ellecon
Lotek Academy
#4 - 2011-11-30 00:23:03 UTC
Evgeniy Taran wrote:
Sorry guys but I didn't get where is the reason in nerf to Drone Hordes.
Before the nerf we had been making more efforts(salvage, collect, sale alloys or refine and build stuff) to earn the same money from dron region towards the regions with bounty.

And now, after last path you(CCP) presented gift for as. We cannot salvage while we do the horde which we need to do in order to get any money. This increases the time it takes to do a horde significantly. Which reduced ISK income.

Everything looks good by now, except drone regions. I think that we need to rework last changes that according to the drone regions.

Thanks. With hope that this problem will be solved.


????

Sorry post is hard to make sense of. Expecting english as second language.

How is it you cannot salvage while fighting anymore?
TOTALHELLD3ATH
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2011-11-30 04:27:36 UTC
Emperor Salazar wrote:
Evgeniy Taran wrote:
Sorry guys but I didn't get where is the reason in nerf to Drone Hordes.
Before the nerf we had been making more efforts(salvage, collect, sale alloys or refine and build stuff) to earn the same money from dron region towards the regions with bounty.

And now, after last path you(CCP) presented gift for as. We cannot salvage while we do the horde which we need to do in order to get any money. This increases the time it takes to do a horde significantly. Which reduced ISK income.

Everything looks good by now, except drone regions. I think that we need to rework last changes that according to the drone regions.

Thanks. With hope that this problem will be solved.


Some regions arent as good as others?

Well I never Shocked


That's not the point. Its about your space that you have worked hard building an outpost and upgrading getting nerf'd out from under you on the whim of the Devs. Yes, people will gravitate to the new better space, but it sucks for those on the receiving end of the nerf. And before anyone spouts off about Russian bots its not about that either. Its a nerf to at the keyboard players who run the sites.

Great expansion CCP, but this one thing sours the hole thing for those of us in drone. Especially as you give the other anoms a boost. Sad
cellah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2011-11-30 05:19:27 UTC
we cannot salvage cause its comming in waves wich will kill our noctis fast.
it took me 15 mins before to do a site and salvage it now it takes me around 1 hour.
the system as is was before was good and with the buff they now made to the other regions it should now have ballance but no you nerfed to an point where you removed most of my corps will to play. we can earn more money in highsec just running 3 screens lvl 4 missions out here we have to kill wait for depsawn then salvage then freighter the stuff to high sec to sell it. it a ton of work and now it isnt worth it.
either put it back to the way it was before or drop the alloys and give us instant bounty officer loot faction loot etc.!
Evgeniy Taran
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2011-11-30 06:46:00 UTC
TOTALHELLD3ATH wrote:
Emperor Salazar wrote:
Evgeniy Taran wrote:
Sorry guys but I didn't get where is the reason in nerf to Drone Hordes.
Before the nerf we had been making more efforts(salvage, collect, sale alloys or refine and build stuff) to earn the same money from dron region towards the regions with bounty.

And now, after last path you(CCP) presented gift for as. We cannot salvage while we do the horde which we need to do in order to get any money. This increases the time it takes to do a horde significantly. Which reduced ISK income.

Everything looks good by now, except drone regions. I think that we need to rework last changes that according to the drone regions.

Thanks. With hope that this problem will be solved.


Some regions arent as good as others?

Well I never Shocked


That's not the point. Its about your space that you have worked hard building an outpost and upgrading getting nerf'd out from under you on the whim of the Devs. Yes, people will gravitate to the new better space, but it sucks for those on the receiving end of the nerf. And before anyone spouts off about Russian bots its not about that either. Its a nerf to at the keyboard players who run the sites.

Great expansion CCP, but this one thing sours the hole thing for those of us in drone. Especially as you give the other anoms a boost. Sad


It is not only about my space. For instance less minerals on the market, higher price for minerals and as result higher price on your new ship. Everything is connected in this world.
Fredrick Engly
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2011-11-30 07:16:49 UTC
Doing a complete horde site and salvaging now yields around 350 Plush, previously it was 800ish.

Well done on the stealth nerf CCP
Sub Prime
Perkone
Caldari State
#9 - 2011-11-30 08:23:41 UTC
Why do I still feel astounded when CCP make a changes without investigating the consequences of their actions. Why don't they get a dev to join a DR corp for a week and actually understand how the anoms work and what's wrong with them.
This NameTaken
Yellow Jackets
#10 - 2011-11-30 14:36:11 UTC
Sub Prime wrote:
Why do I still feel astounded when CCP make a changes without investigating the consequences of their actions. Why don't they get a dev to join a DR corp for a week and actually understand how the anoms work and what's wrong with them.


Is it possible that they did investigate, and found that drones are making miners unneeded? I know this is a nerf to drone shooters, but it should be a much needed buff to miners.
Sub Prime
Perkone
Caldari State
#11 - 2011-11-30 14:40:44 UTC
This NameTaken wrote:
Sub Prime wrote:
Why do I still feel astounded when CCP make a changes without investigating the consequences of their actions. Why don't they get a dev to join a DR corp for a week and actually understand how the anoms work and what's wrong with them.


Is it possible that they did investigate, and found that drones are making miners unneeded? I know this is a nerf to drone shooters, but it should be a much needed buff to miners.


Do you know anything about how drones differ from other NPC's?

If you did you'd know that drone alloys are the only way to make ISK from drones (leaving aside awful salvage). As such, without either providing a bounty or other mechanism to give ISK to the player after nerfing the alloy loot, the drone regions will become wastelands that nobody will want to inhabit.
Jenn aSide
Worthless Carebears
Pandemic Horde
#12 - 2011-11-30 14:53:29 UTC
One man's nerf is another man's buff. This is a good thing for the mining profession.

I wonder why I didn't see drone region guys crying for the poor miners who were getting screwed by them before today........
Sub Prime
Perkone
Caldari State
#13 - 2011-11-30 15:08:04 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
One man's nerf is another man's buff. This is a good thing for the mining profession.

I wonder why I didn't see drone region guys crying for the poor miners who were getting screwed by them before today........


Sheesh, why bother posting? How do you think people in the drone regions should make money then? Just salvaging? Are you absolutely stupid? People in every other region generate more ISK doing anomolies that in drone space, drone anomolies get nerfed and you just say it a good thing for the mining profession.

There is absoltely no reason to reside the the drone regions as it is. Did you know that the drone regions amount to 20% of all nullsec regions? They have the 2nd largest number of sov systems for a faction, yet you think the nerf they're having is fine. LOL, how about you get a clue about the ramifications of what you're saying before you post.
Takeshi Zakharov
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2011-11-30 15:25:19 UTC
Sub Prime wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
One man's nerf is another man's buff. This is a good thing for the mining profession.

I wonder why I didn't see drone region guys crying for the poor miners who were getting screwed by them before today........


Sheesh, why bother posting? How do you think people in the drone regions should make money then? Just salvaging? Are you absolutely stupid? People in every other region generate more ISK doing anomolies that in drone space, drone anomolies get nerfed and you just say it a good thing for the mining profession.

There is absoltely no reason to reside the the drone regions as it is. Did you know that the drone regions amount to 20% of all nullsec regions? They have the 2nd largest number of sov systems for a faction, yet you think the nerf they're having is fine. LOL, how about you get a clue about the ramifications of what you're saying before you post.

Or maybe the DRF shouldn't be rewarded mindlessly for holding space that absolutely no one else wants?
Or that maybe every single mechanic in this game shouldn't be the same?



ORRRR just MAYBE...

Your tears are delicious.
Emperor Salazar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#15 - 2011-11-30 15:40:36 UTC
Sub Prime wrote:


Sheesh, why bother posting? How do you think people in the drone regions should make money then? Just salvaging? Are you absolutely stupid? People in every other region generate more ISK doing anomolies that in drone space, drone anomolies get nerfed and you just say it a good thing for the mining profession.

There is absoltely no reason to reside the the drone regions as it is. Did you know that the drone regions amount to 20% of all nullsec regions? They have the 2nd largest number of sov systems for a faction, yet you think the nerf they're having is fine. LOL, how about you get a clue about the ramifications of what you're saying before you post.


So....

How many of your drone region botting accounts are you unsubscribing?
Jenn aSide
Worthless Carebears
Pandemic Horde
#16 - 2011-11-30 15:42:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Sub Prime wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
One man's nerf is another man's buff. This is a good thing for the mining profession.

I wonder why I didn't see drone region guys crying for the poor miners who were getting screwed by them before today........


Sheesh, why bother posting? How do you think people in the drone regions should make money then? Just salvaging? Are you absolutely stupid? People in every other region generate more ISK doing anomolies that in drone space, drone anomolies get nerfed and you just say it a good thing for the mining profession.

There is absoltely no reason to reside the the drone regions as it is. Did you know that the drone regions amount to 20% of all nullsec regions? They have the 2nd largest number of sov systems for a faction, yet you think the nerf they're having is fine. LOL, how about you get a clue about the ramifications of what you're saying before you post.


Im sorry, was afk and missed the tears, could you do it again please?

The truth is, people in the drone regions have been getting away with murder for years with those 10-15 minute hordes, to the detriment of miners who should be the primary source of minerals in the game. What you are doing is the same kind of crying the mission runners did when ccp turned off the unholy mineral faucet in lvl 4 missions (which also hurt the mining profession).

. CCP has known it was a problem for a long time and they are finally fixing it. Sorry your gravy train came to an end, but such is eve. You can always take up mining, or move to a real region lol.
Emperor Salazar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#17 - 2011-11-30 15:44:48 UTC
TOTALHELLD3ATH wrote:


That's not the point. Its about your space that you have worked hard building an outpost and upgrading getting nerf'd out from under you on the whim of the Devs. Yes, people will gravitate to the new better space, but it sucks for those on the receiving end of the nerf. And before anyone spouts off about Russian bots its not about that either. Its a nerf to at the keyboard players who run the sites.

Great expansion CCP, but this one thing sours the hole thing for those of us in drone. Especially as you give the other anoms a boost. Sad


So your argument is that you have a personal attachment to the space because of the time and effort you have invested in it? Should CCP intervene if someone decides to attempt to take your space from you in game?

If you want better space, go take it.
Sub Prime
Perkone
Caldari State
#18 - 2011-11-30 15:57:14 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Sub Prime wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
One man's nerf is another man's buff. This is a good thing for the mining profession.

I wonder why I didn't see drone region guys crying for the poor miners who were getting screwed by them before today........


Sheesh, why bother posting? How do you think people in the drone regions should make money then? Just salvaging? Are you absolutely stupid? People in every other region generate more ISK doing anomolies that in drone space, drone anomolies get nerfed and you just say it a good thing for the mining profession.

There is absoltely no reason to reside the the drone regions as it is. Did you know that the drone regions amount to 20% of all nullsec regions? They have the 2nd largest number of sov systems for a faction, yet you think the nerf they're having is fine. LOL, how about you get a clue about the ramifications of what you're saying before you post.


Im sorry, was afk and missed the tears, could you do it again please?

The truth is, people in the drone regions have been getting away with murder for years with those 10-15 minute hordes, to the detriment of miners who should be the primary source of minerals in the game. What you are doing is the same kind of crying the mission runners did when ccp turned off the unholy mineral faucet in lvl 4 missions (which also hurt the mining profession).

. CCP has known it was a problem for a long time and they are finally fixing it. Sorry your gravy train came to an end, but such is eve. You can always take up mining, or move to a real region lol.


So you're saying that drones shouldn't drop alloys and also that drones shouldn't have bounties or any other means of ISK revenue? I just want to clarify exactly what you mean.
Sub Prime
Perkone
Caldari State
#19 - 2011-11-30 15:59:07 UTC
Emperor Salazar wrote:
TOTALHELLD3ATH wrote:


That's not the point. Its about your space that you have worked hard building an outpost and upgrading getting nerf'd out from under you on the whim of the Devs. Yes, people will gravitate to the new better space, but it sucks for those on the receiving end of the nerf. And before anyone spouts off about Russian bots its not about that either. Its a nerf to at the keyboard players who run the sites.

Great expansion CCP, but this one thing sours the hole thing for those of us in drone. Especially as you give the other anoms a boost. Sad


So your argument is that you have a personal attachment to the space because of the time and effort you have invested in it? Should CCP intervene if someone decides to attempt to take your space from you in game?

If you want better space, go take it.


On the whim of devs is very different to carried out by fellow players.

I'd also like to ask you the same question as another poster:

So you're saying that drones shouldn't drop alloys and also that drones shouldn't have bounties or any other means of ISK revenue?
Jenn aSide
Worthless Carebears
Pandemic Horde
#20 - 2011-11-30 16:05:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Sub Prime wrote:


So you're saying that drones shouldn't drop alloys and also that drones shouldn't have bounties or any other means of ISK revenue? I just want to clarify exactly what you mean.


Did I say anything about bounties?

I have no problem with people shooting drones to somehow generate isk, although I personally prefer my NPCs be of the pirate persuasion (Death To Guristas and all that).

The problem was they WAY they generated isk (not for me, but for miners, and by extension, for the rest of the game). CCP seems to be trying to fix that, and that's fine with me.
123Next pageLast page