These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12
 

disable corp pod popping

Author
Bearilian
Man Eating Bears
#21 - 2011-11-28 21:04:54 UTC
how about introducing a notice system. if a corp wants to kick a player, who is refusing to dock, the director can kick with say 24 hr notice. with such a notice there should be no reason to have to be docked (unless its built into the game mechanics). Ive been accepted into corps before while flying through space, there should be no reason that i could not be kicked out while also flying through space.

sorry i have only played for three years, but i still feel the system could be reworked. there are solutions to every argument you guys have made.
Major Kim
Fawkes' Loyal Professionals
#22 - 2011-11-28 21:17:53 UTC
Let's assume for a moment that a pirate kills someone that get's so upset that they place a billion isk bounty on that pirate. With your proposed change this pirate will have to get either a person in his alliance or an alt in a different corp to pod him to split the bounty. --You wanted a reason, this is a perfectly acceptable one.

I also believe that if you have someone in your corp that is an alt/spy and you figure it out, you should be able to kill this person without delay, but it's not my place to say who should be able to pod whom. Oh yeah, pod's almost insta-warp so it would take a well fit 'ceptor or an interdictor to catch one.

Hope this clears up your confused state of thinking.
Mag's
Azn Empire
#23 - 2011-11-28 21:20:09 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Bearilian wrote:
is there any justifiable reason why podding is allowed within a corporation?
Because there is no reason to restrict it.
This.

Also it's actually been of great help in the past and I've yet to see a reason why this mechanic should be changed.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

CobaltSixty
Fawkes' Loyal Professionals
#24 - 2011-11-28 21:37:51 UTC  |  Edited by: CobaltSixty
This is a bit of a summary of the points brought up by previous replies however, you continue reject it as insufficient justification for podding someone. Allow me to paint a more complete picture of the dynamics involved.

First off, corporations don't often pod their members without a very justifiable reason (like say, you screwed some/all of them over) and if you or anyone you know is experiencing frequent corpmate-on-corpmate podding I suggest you/they seek new employment and/or stop making trouble for folks who are allowed to shoot you. This would only serve to protect those who have committed an act of screwing-over and limits like that aren't really what EVE is about.

The issue here is that the current system works quite well. If you have a problem with a member and they're not docked, it's necessary to pod them so they become docked. To alter the system to allow people to be removed from corp while in space would open up an ugly can of worms, to say the least. Imagine being in a fleet fight or out on a roam and suddenly becoming neutral. While this probably wouldn't (shouldn't) kick you from gang automatically and thus not be terribly noticable to others, you could be in a situation where you're working with another blue gang they would suddenly see you, a brand new neutral, on their overview and likely blow you away... pod too.

"Oh well that's just a 0.0 scenario and doesn't affect high-sec. I would be safe as soon as I'm kicked to noob corporation."

Not so. Imagine now that you're with your corporation in high-sec, in fleet and at war with an active group and you are kicked from corporation. If they opt not to kick you from the fleet, you remain a war target for your former enemies until you leave gang and could very well end up shipless and podded anyways.

Consider then how entertaining this might be to twisted folk (see: PvPers) and how easily it could be abused and you very well might start coming across corporations that hire pilots just to take your membership away at an "opportune" moment and then pod or have you podded you anyways. Does it really make a difference what corp you're in when they do it? No.

Then your argument reverts to a simple "I don't think people should be podded, it would seem to me the only reason to do so is to screw people over." Yeah, it is.
Bearilian
Man Eating Bears
#25 - 2011-11-28 22:08:52 UTC
i refrain my post then. it was fun. i enjoy this game for its unpredictable and cruel ways. i wasnt trying to offset the balance, and you have shown the need for the way it is. (I will secretly be in disagreement, but keep that to myself nowBear)

thank you for explaining why my idea would not work.

these forums is the other reason i love the game. a place to incite change.. the world always needs more change...
Nestara Aldent
Citimatics
#26 - 2011-11-29 07:10:13 UTC
Bearilian wrote:
I am going to get alot of flack from scamming pirate corps out there for this.

corporation mates should not be able to destroy eachothers pods. i cant see one possible good use for this, other than screwing that person over. being able to destroy one anothers ships is all fun and games. that i can handle, thats the world of eve. but your pod is your lifeline.

is there any justifiable reason why podding is allowed within a corporation?

please with your replies, only give actual reasons... (I cant think of one (prevent the enemy from capturing you?))


I'm giving you actual reason... they have the guns, you know so....
Sir Substance
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2011-11-29 07:48:06 UTC
Bearilian wrote:
how about introducing a notice system. if a corp wants to kick a player, who is refusing to dock, the director can kick with say 24 hr notice. with such a notice there should be no reason to have to be docked (unless its built into the game mechanics). Ive been accepted into corps before while flying through space, there should be no reason that i could not be kicked out while also flying through space.

You aren't very good at this game, or at researching, are you?

The reason you have to be not in space is to prevent people being kicked in the middle of a war fight, thus bringing concord down on your enemies due to you being suddenly no longer a war target.

A 24 hour system would still see abuse.

The beatings will continue until posting improves. -Magnus Cortex

Official Eve Online changelist: Togglable PvP. - Jordanna Bauer

The Grimlife
Phoenix Ship Yard
#28 - 2011-11-29 21:22:10 UTC
Misanthra wrote:
Don't spar with someone you don't trust.


ok lets say you are flying a ship to a station and you jump a gate.
you see a corp member the other side you think nothing of it and then bang he
blows up your ship and pods you for no reason what so ever. Cry

How can he get away with that. its just wrong.

if this does happen to you, you need to leave the corp as your CEO is ****.

I was in a corp for 2 months and the ceo at the time let in over 5 people that killed corp members for no reason.
this is just poor managment of the corporation
Bearilian
Man Eating Bears
#29 - 2011-11-29 21:43:52 UTC
Sir Substance wrote:

The reason you have to be not in space is to prevent people being kicked in the middle of a war fight, thus bringing concord down on your enemies due to you being suddenly no longer a war target.

A 24 hour system would still see abuse.


so just implement a delay to when a player is kicked. when a ceo kicks a player that is stubbornly in space, then have it go through in either one of two situations, either next time they dock, or during the next system down time. this would garuntee them being booted from corp by the next day.

The Grimlife wrote:
ok lets say you are flying a ship to a station and you jump a gate.
you see a corp member the other side you think nothing of it and then bang he
blows up your ship and pods you for no reason what so ever.

How can he get away with that. its just wrong.



there should at least be something implemented as far as kill rights go. give the podded person 24 hours to assemble a crew and seek revenge. it should not be an un punished action. if he was a spy and you podded him for justice, then him getting kill rights on you has little affect since he was an enemy to begin with.
Sir Substance
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2011-11-30 00:48:08 UTC
Bearilian wrote:
Sir Substance wrote:

The reason you have to be not in space is to prevent people being kicked in the middle of a war fight, thus bringing concord down on your enemies due to you being suddenly no longer a war target.

A 24 hour system would still see abuse.


so just implement a delay to when a player is kicked. when a ceo kicks a player that is stubbornly in space, then have it go through in either one of two situations, either next time they dock, or during the next system down time. this would garuntee them being booted from corp by the next day.


And, if we also leave the corp podding in place, you can make him leave right now.

You aren't getting this. Corp podding is a useful tool. The fact that you don't realise this only shows one thing:

You know nothing about being a CEO, and thus your opinion is irrelevant.

The beatings will continue until posting improves. -Magnus Cortex

Official Eve Online changelist: Togglable PvP. - Jordanna Bauer

Nestara Aldent
Citimatics
#31 - 2011-11-30 01:02:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Nestara Aldent
What Sir Substance said.

If you're being podded by fellow corp member, and CEO don't punish that, corporation is mismanaged, and you should probably leave it right away. However, Eve is about universe where your decisions have ramifications. If you associate with such bad corp, you must bear responsibility for not researching in advance about the corp you're joining.

Also, if corp member scams or pods member of the same corp, or ninja loots, there should be mechanic to allow punishment, beside expulsion from the corp, and attacking and podding serves just that. Sorry, you were just in a bad corp. Most corps will severely punish ninja looting, scamming and podding of blues, including pirates.
Bearilian
Man Eating Bears
#32 - 2011-11-30 01:35:59 UTC
you can try to bash my character as much as you like, but your missing my point. I can clearly see the benefits and uses that you guys have grown accustome to in the years, and have explained quite well on this post. It is still a system that does not offer retrobution to the individual. so you join a corp and your supposed to benefit the many, but then get turned on and have no course of action?

something could be changed. tell me what you think of these two thoughts; first allow only the ceo of a corp to instigate a podding, second, implement some form of timed retrobution, possibly in the form of kill rights.

you say the system works, which is only half true. even if the benefits outway the negatives, there should be just cause for a podding.
Nestara Aldent
Citimatics
#33 - 2011-11-30 01:54:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Nestara Aldent
Bearilian wrote:
you can try to bash my character as much as you like, but your missing my point. I can clearly see the benefits and uses that you guys have grown accustome to in the years, and have explained quite well on this post. It is still a system that does not offer retrobution to the individual. so you join a corp and your supposed to benefit the many, but then get turned on and have no course of action?

something could be changed. tell me what you think of these two thoughts; first allow only the ceo of a corp to instigate a podding, second, implement some form of timed retrobution, possibly in the form of kill rights.

you say the system works, which is only half true. even if the benefits outway the negatives, there should be just cause for a podding.


Well it's always a just cause, because in this game you're... a pirate, or power hungry member of null sec alliance with it's own military and it's own rules. As you're practically a bad guy in this game, violence even without the reason is plausible.
Sir Substance
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#34 - 2011-11-30 02:08:11 UTC
Bearilian wrote:
It is still a system that does not offer retrobution to the individual.

Tell your CEO he podded you, and that you are going to pod him yourself as retribution..

The beatings will continue until posting improves. -Magnus Cortex

Official Eve Online changelist: Togglable PvP. - Jordanna Bauer

Bearilian
Man Eating Bears
#35 - 2011-11-30 02:15:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Bearilian
Nestara Aldent wrote:


Well it's always a just cause, because in this game you're... a pirate, or power hungry member of null sec alliance with it's own military and it's own rules. As you're practically a bad guy in this game, violence even without the reason is plausible.


so why not just add in a kill right to whoever pods you? offer revenge to the victims at least. if your podded then kicked from corp, that is an exploit of the game mechanics and should be rectified.

(just so you all know, i would have dropped this back when i posted defeat, but then you choose to continue to respond, so i will never give up. Bear )
Nestara Aldent
Citimatics
#36 - 2011-11-30 02:22:53 UTC
Bearilian wrote:
Nestara Aldent wrote:


Well it's always a just cause, because in this game you're... a pirate, or power hungry member of null sec alliance with it's own military and it's own rules. As you're practically a bad guy in this game, violence even without the reason is plausible.


so why not just add in a kill right to whoever pods you? offer revenge to the victims at least. if your podded then kicked from corp, that is an exploit of the game mechanics and should be rectified.

(just so you all know, i would have dropped this back when i posted defeat, but then you choose to continue to respond, so i will never give up. Bear )


Maybe you should get a kill right on him, to be able to retaliate in this case.
Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#37 - 2011-11-30 02:44:50 UTC
Now that pod kills generate a killmail, I would much rather my corpies pod me than the enemy.

Just one reason.
Previous page12