These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

New dev blog: We came, we saw…we were slaughtered.

First post First post First post
Author
Grideris
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#141 - 2011-11-25 04:27:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Grideris
Regat Kozovv wrote:
Jarnis McPieksu wrote:
CCP Alice wrote:
This was fun! Big thanks to everyone :)

Next time though.. can you guys not call me as the first primary of the whole engagement please? So I can enjoy maybe 5 minutes of a fleet fight !? Made me sadpanda to be gone in the first wave.. you'd be doing the other devs a favour too since I've been whining non stop about dying so early..

..pretty please.. with cherries on top n stuff..?

KTHXBAI !


It is due to your character name. Sorry.

Most FCs call targets alphabetically. They might skip over a very hard-to-pronounce names (CCP Alice would also fail that test) but otherwise if your name starts with A, B or C, I would suggest preparing for incoming totalhelldeath when hostiles fill the grid.


And that's precisely what happened. The FC and wing commanders for the Jita fleet called for the target list to go alphabetically, and we immeditally launched on Alice. As the fight developed, we started identifying some of the Guardians and shield-tankers, but pretty much went down the list from the start.


Confirming that for the first primary the fleet shot at, I picked you because you were at the top of my overview.

Also, I'm pretty sure I had your corpse, but it got blown up when my ship got blown up. So it's safely vaporised.

http://www.dust514.org - the unofficial forum for everything DUST 514 http://www.dust514base.com -** the** blog site with everything else DUST 514 you need

Fattymcbutterpants
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#142 - 2011-11-25 04:37:23 UTC
CCP Punkturis wrote:
I can't wait to do this again

we should have fattymcbutterpants on our team next, best name ever!



O'rly?
Black Romero
Aviation Professionals for EVE
#143 - 2011-11-25 04:43:08 UTC
CCP karkur wrote:
thank you guys for the figth, I had so much fun Big smile
(and special thanks to Fattymcbutterpants for having an awesome name Lol)


CCP Punkturis wrote:
I can't wait to do this again

we should have fattymcbutterpants on our team next, best name ever!



CCP Unifex wrote:
CCP Punkturis wrote:
I can't wait to do this again

we should have fattymcbutterpants on our team next, best name ever!


When his name was called, I laughed so much my Mach was nailed.



I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed this thread and am bummed I missed the fun!

With that said I have a super cool story related though that I wanted to share...

Tonight I logged on and after reading the thread was in Osmeden where I live and my corp has their base. Well guess who I saw in local chatting - Fatty himself! : ) Needless to say I had to harass him. : )

These dev blogs make my days and especially ones like this.

Anyways, Great guy - we had a few good laughs and I got to enjoy the event as best I could through his stories.

He even gave me his corpse .... for all you CCP Devs that missed out. : )

....I might be willing to trade it for a Polaris frigate. haha
Nuramori
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#144 - 2011-11-25 04:47:28 UTC
hmmmm, now I know what to do when we send fatty out as scout.

1. lemming in thru gate with fatty.
2. pod fatty, blame it on reds, but do it after I cut his comms.
3. ?
4. Profit!
Fattymcbutterpants
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#145 - 2011-11-25 04:52:19 UTC
Step 1... Fatty refuses to scout anymore..
Step 2... Foil Nura's plan...
Step 3.. Drink beer..
Zendoren
Aktaeon Industries
#146 - 2011-11-25 05:34:15 UTC
WOW you guys even got CCP Dr.EyjoG in on this..... GOOD Job!

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=11653096

❒ Single ❒ Taken ✔ Playing EVE Online

CCP Guard > Where's the shoot button on this thing?

CCP Space Cadet > What's this "offline guns" button do?

Darth Skorpius
352 Industries
#147 - 2011-11-25 05:54:53 UTC
Zendoren wrote:
WOW you guys even got CCP Dr.EyjoG in on this..... GOOD Job!

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=11653096


did he spend the entire time screaming "WONT SOMEONE THINK OF THE ECONOMY!!!"
Nyio
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#148 - 2011-11-25 06:03:33 UTC
Pallidum Treponema
Body Count Inc.
Mercenary Coalition
#149 - 2011-11-25 06:27:18 UTC
Raid'En wrote:
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=11654488 <-- he was concorded ? xD

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=11653232 <-- now he understand why supercap are overpowered :P


... dang. I missed a CCP Navigator kill? My day is now officially ruined. :(
Fattymcbutterpants
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#150 - 2011-11-25 06:50:27 UTC
CCP Unifex wrote:
CCP Punkturis wrote:
I can't wait to do this again

we should have fattymcbutterpants on our team next, best name ever!


When his name was called, I laughed so much my Mach was nailed.


Glad I could contribute! See, I lasted a bit with my Megathron.. got some kills.. Then got popped..

Reshipped into a Dominix and as soon as I show up on field .. 1. PL had shown up so the lag was terrible.. And 2. next thing I know I was in my pod. Guess now I know why.
CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#151 - 2011-11-25 07:14:50 UTC
Fattymcbutterpants wrote:
CCP Punkturis wrote:
I can't wait to do this again

we should have fattymcbutterpants on our team next, best name ever!



O'rly?


yaaaaaay! fattymcbutterpants quoted my post!! Big smile

this is going to be a good day!Blink

♥ EVE Brogrammer ♥ Team Five 0 ♥ @CCP_Punkturis

Fattymcbutterpants
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#152 - 2011-11-25 07:16:48 UTC
CCP Punkturis wrote:
Fattymcbutterpants wrote:
CCP Punkturis wrote:
I can't wait to do this again

we should have fattymcbutterpants on our team next, best name ever!



O'rly?


yaaaaaay! fattymcbutterpants quoted my post!! Big smile

this is going to be a good day!Blink



So how bout me fleeting up with you guys? Huh? Or ya just blueballing me?
CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#153 - 2011-11-25 07:23:35 UTC
Fattymcbutterpants wrote:
CCP Punkturis wrote:
Fattymcbutterpants wrote:
CCP Punkturis wrote:
I can't wait to do this again

we should have fattymcbutterpants on our team next, best name ever!



O'rly?


yaaaaaay! fattymcbutterpants quoted my post!! Big smile

this is going to be a good day!Blink



So how bout me fleeting up with you guys? Huh? Or ya just blueballing me?


if it was up to me, I'd hire you in our fleet, hope that means something Blink

♥ EVE Brogrammer ♥ Team Five 0 ♥ @CCP_Punkturis

Fattymcbutterpants
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#154 - 2011-11-25 07:27:30 UTC
CCP Punkturis wrote:
Fattymcbutterpants wrote:
CCP Punkturis wrote:
Fattymcbutterpants wrote:
CCP Punkturis wrote:
I can't wait to do this again

we should have fattymcbutterpants on our team next, best name ever!



O'rly?


yaaaaaay! fattymcbutterpants quoted my post!! Big smile

this is going to be a good day!Blink



So how bout me fleeting up with you guys? Huh? Or ya just blueballing me?


if it was up to me, I'd hire you in our fleet, hope that means something Blink


I guess I'll have to settle for that.... But next time lets not intantly primary me huh? K? Save me for last then get your giggles..
Regat Kozovv
Alcothology
#155 - 2011-11-25 08:09:49 UTC
Grideris wrote:


Confirming that for the first primary the fleet shot at, I picked you because you were at the top of my overview.

Also, I'm pretty sure I had your corpse, but it got blown up when my ship got blown up. So it's safely vaporised.


Nice work on the FCing by the way. =)
Desert Ice78
Gryphons of the Western Wind
#156 - 2011-11-25 08:24:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Desert Ice78
Actually, who was CCP's FC? Navigator?

Edit: Awesome video from Meizu Kho, just what we needed. +1

I am a pod pilot: http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/DesertIce/POD.jpg

CCP Zulu: Came expecting a discussion about computer monitors, left confused.

apollo Thellere
#157 - 2011-11-25 09:00:36 UTC
CCP Navigator wrote:
Seleene wrote:
Bring the Jovian Titans in next time. Twisted


Yeah, you say that until a Jovian Titan fleet roflstomp your supercaps P


I have to say, this would be THE most awesomely funny move if you guys pulled it off!!

Baiting PL to hot drop a supers blob > dropping your own jovian titans on grid and proceeding to WTFBBQPWN every last one of 'em.

The universe would echo with the collective cheer from every none PL player in the EVE universe.

I beg you CCP dudes, do eeeeeeettt Twisted
Jowen Datloran
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#158 - 2011-11-25 09:49:11 UTC
Somebody really should have had a look at what faction ammo to use and what faction ammo to NOT use...Ugh

I think a CCP dev should have been carrying a Miner V, just make the point clear.

Mr. Science & Trade Institute, EVE Online Lorebook 

CCP Lemur
#159 - 2011-11-25 10:13:31 UTC
Best fleetfight name I came across in EVE is TargetTheNextGuyLol

QA Guy | Special Ops Picture up to your IMGination.

Jarnis McPieksu
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#160 - 2011-11-25 10:28:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Jarnis McPieksu
CCP Lemur wrote:
Best fleetfight name I came across in EVE is TargetTheNextGuyLol


https://gate.eveonline.com/Profile/Primary

"Primary is Primary"

"Say what...?!?!"

:fleet confused:

But in all seriousness, having a long, hard-to-pronounce name that starts with a letter around the middle of the alphabet is actually relevant when considering odds of survival in large fleet combat... as silly as it may sound.