These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Mining Yield

First post
Author
RAIN Arthie
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2013-12-30 19:11:11 UTC
Is it a perposterous thought to create something like a rorqual that can fly up to an asteroid and tractor beam it in? If we have drones and tractor beams then it surley can be done. Then install a wait timer for the asteroid to be crunched on and broke down until another can be eaten? i know i will meet crticisim for my idea however I need to be able to pull more yield per trip, sitting and filling an orca with a retriever is dry. This could possibly open up new SHINEY KILLS and create competition amoungst the mining groups. Make it worth a billion isk so it shines brilliantly amoungst the other kills. The market will be flooded with ore and the hulkageddon would be epic. Don't know what do you think?

Think about it, an orca, retreivers, a rorqual, and a rock eater shining in an asteroid field blinging.
Magna Mortem
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2013-12-30 19:13:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Magna Mortem
You really sound like that other guy who posted today ...


INB4 all the mindless zombies ...
CCP Logibro
C C P
C C P Alliance
#3 - 2013-12-30 19:18:13 UTC
Moved to Features & Ideas Discussion.

CCP Logibro // EVE Universe Community Team // Distributor of Nanites // Patron Saint of Logistics

@CCP_Logibro

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#4 - 2013-12-30 19:18:39 UTC
What you really want is a mining supercapital.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

RAIN Arthie
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2013-12-30 19:32:36 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
What you really want is a mining supercapital.



YES YES YES YES I DO!
Batelle
Filthy Peasants
#6 - 2013-12-30 19:37:34 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
What you really want is a mining supercapital.


I do think it would be pretty funny if hisec mining were even less profitable.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#7 - 2013-12-30 19:43:08 UTC
We don't even have a battleship sized hull that is used to mine rocks, just some boosting ships.

Since we have cruiser-sized hulls with battleship tanks, what we need next are battleship-sized hulls with the tank of a carrier.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Xe'Cara'eos
A Big Enough Lever
#8 - 2013-12-31 07:50:58 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
We don't even have a battleship sized hull that is used to mine rocks, just some boosting ships.

Since we have cruiser-sized hulls with battleship tanks, what we need next are battleship-sized hulls with the tank of a carrier.


I REALLY hope that's sarcasm - if you look at the movement stats - they're like BS's too, in fact, I think my 'phoon aligns quicker than my hulk......
physically they're cruiser sized, but normally when you say 'cruiser sized' you're referring to the nimbleness, and agility, which barges DO NOT HAVE

on the other hand - if the mining super is subject to all the same limitations that current supers are - I see no reason why not - but I think it should be an extension of the cov/hulk line - so no PG/CPU for clone vats/bridges, links, that sort of thing, let it have 8 strips, oh, and it's got cap-like tank and physical size, whilst having a lock time of a super, sig of a super, agility of a super, speed of a super.... have I missed anything? oh - it should probably have to enter siege mode and be immobile for something like 10 mins to start mining.......

For posting an idea into F&I: come up with idea, try and think how people could abuse this, try to fix your idea - loop the process until you can't see how it could be abused, then post to the forums to let us figure out how to abuse it..... If your idea can be abused, it [u]WILL[/u] be.

RAIN Arthie
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2013-12-31 16:33:12 UTC
Xe'Cara'eos wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:
We don't even have a battleship sized hull that is used to mine rocks, just some boosting ships.

Since we have cruiser-sized hulls with battleship tanks, what we need next are battleship-sized hulls with the tank of a carrier.


I REALLY hope that's sarcasm - if you look at the movement stats - they're like BS's too, in fact, I think my 'phoon aligns quicker than my hulk......
physically they're cruiser sized, but normally when you say 'cruiser sized' you're referring to the nimbleness, and agility, which barges DO NOT HAVE

on the other hand - if the mining super is subject to all the same limitations that current supers are - I see no reason why not - but I think it should be an extension of the cov/hulk line - so no PG/CPU for clone vats/bridges, links, that sort of thing, let it have 8 strips, oh, and it's got cap-like tank and physical size, whilst having a lock time of a super, sig of a super, agility of a super, speed of a super.... have I missed anything? oh - it should probably have to enter siege mode and be immobile for something like 10 mins to start mining.......



Just make the mining supercarrier incapable of major combat. Drones are ok to shoot rats. I just can't help but feel the miners are neglected.
Karak Terrel
Foundation for CODE and THE NEW ORDER
#10 - 2013-12-31 16:56:42 UTC
Sounds like the wet dreams of an AFK miner.

Attacking this ship should only give you a suspect flag, like with the new structures. This way it would make sure that you actually have to do something interesting like defending the damn thing while it harvests resources. It should also take a minimum of 15min to move that ship out of the belt so you can't just logoffski when someone enters the system.

Or was your idea that you can put that thing in a belt and go to bed while it crunches some AFK ore for you? Because clicking a button every hour (that's what mining is today) is too much of an effort it seams..
RAIN Arthie
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2013-12-31 17:01:12 UTC
Karak Terrel wrote:
Sounds like the wet dreams of an AFK miner.

Attacking this ship should only give you a suspect flag, like with the new structures. This way it would make sure that you actually have to do something interesting like defending the damn thing while it harvests resources. It should also take a minimum of 15min to move that ship out of the belt so you can't just logoffski when someone enters the system.

Or was your idea that you can put that thing in a belt and go to bed while it crunches some AFK ore for you? Because clicking a button every hour (that's what mining is today) is too much of an effort it seams..


You can't really say any of this based on the fact that the ship hasn't been made yet.< not an AFK miner. I actually want something more from mining, so my post is sincere. However getting anyone to listen higher up is like trying to justify opening a casket in space after being nailed into it while still alive.
Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#12 - 2013-12-31 17:08:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Gizznitt Malikite
As most threads that start with, "would it be cool if....", this thread was destined to be full of poorly thought out whimsical ideas.

What is the point of having a ship that tractors in entire asteroids at a time? Is it so you can grab a huge asteroid and then fly off to POS shield safety (or cloak) while you process it? Do you think it would bring better balance to allow ships to collect resources in big chunks rather than the constant, steady, m3/cycle currently employed? Do you imagine bigger paydays because you can nab a big huge asteroid in one go (even though mineral prices are supply/demand set, meaning more supply == less value of minerals in general). I guess I fail to so the purpose of this proposal, beyond the "I consume asteroids in on gulp rather than at a steady munch".
Sentamon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2013-12-31 17:16:46 UTC
Gizznitt Malikite wrote:
As most threads that start with, "would it be cool if....", this thread was destined to be full of poorly thought out whimsical ideas.

What is the point of having a ship that tractors in entire asteroids at a time? Is it so you can grab a huge asteroid and then fly off to POS shield safety (or cloak) while you process it? Do you think it would bring better balance to allow ships to collect resources in big chunks rather than the constant, steady, m3/cycle currently employed? Do you imagine bigger paydays because you can nab a big huge asteroid in one go (even though mineral prices are supply/demand set, meaning more supply == less value of minerals in general). I guess I fail to so the purpose of this proposal, beyond the "I consume asteroids in on gulp rather than at a steady munch".



Actually you can't tractor through warp so can you take your huge asteroid inside the POS. Still an interesting idea regardless. It might make stations and lowsec mining worthwhile.

~ Professional Forum Alt  ~

RAIN Arthie
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2014-01-01 12:21:25 UTC
Gizznitt Malikite wrote:
As most threads that start with, "would it be cool if....", this thread was destined to be full of poorly thought out whimsical ideas.

What is the point of having a ship that tractors in entire asteroids at a time? Is it so you can grab a huge asteroid and then fly off to POS shield safety (or cloak) while you process it? Do you think it would bring better balance to allow ships to collect resources in big chunks rather than the constant, steady, m3/cycle currently employed? Do you imagine bigger paydays because you can nab a big huge asteroid in one go (even though mineral prices are supply/demand set, meaning more supply == less value of minerals in general). I guess I fail to so the purpose of this proposal, beyond the "I consume asteroids in on gulp rather than at a steady munch".



OR the game mechanic could be to collect the asteroid and have rorqual like features where it has to go into a mode (taking time) chewing up the rock (insert 20min time frame). They could warp to the pos to do it but still there's that 20minute window + alignment and flight time. Yes it will equal out however with an ORCA BOOST it could be fantastic. Not to mention that it's a CARRIER so it can't go to high sec and plunder those rocks. You can put different times on different ore's for the breakdown. Really I'm trying to contribute an idea to the miners as the pve and pvpers get all the cool toys. As far as all of the details go, we could let CCP figure it out OR MAYBE we could tell them what we want and they might listen. Please think outside the box.
Zol Interbottom
Blimp Requisition Services
#15 - 2014-01-01 13:09:35 UTC
I had this idea once, hopefully it isn't too early for its time because it would be awesome

"If you're quitting for the 3rd time you clearly ain't quitting" - Chribba

I am disposable
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2014-01-01 14:54:07 UTC
No. Just no.
Nikk Narrel
Moonlit Bonsai
#17 - 2014-01-01 15:05:28 UTC
Expand the Rorqual's drone bay, and give it mining bombers each with 25% of a Venture's yield.
(bomber aspect relating to the size of the drones only)
(Pilot will need the skills of course)
Gimme more Cynos
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#18 - 2014-01-01 15:05:30 UTC
oh yes please,

let me suck up one of these huge Ark/bistot-rocks of those giant belts in 0.0, to just crunch it slowly while I'm sitting in a pos.

Let's make mineral prices plummet!
RAIN Arthie
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2014-01-01 17:18:52 UTC
Nikk Narrel wrote:
Expand the Rorqual's drone bay, and give it mining bombers each with 25% of a Venture's yield.
(bomber aspect relating to the size of the drones only)
(Pilot will need the skills of course)



See now were thinking.
RAIN Arthie
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2014-01-01 17:23:37 UTC
Gimme more Cynos wrote:
oh yes please,

let me suck up one of these huge Ark/bistot-rocks of those giant belts in 0.0, to just crunch it slowly while I'm sitting in a pos.

Let's make mineral prices plummet!



You still have to get the orre to high sec to sell it don't you? Now lets stop and think for a second. Mining corps will be decing eachother for belt rights and mercs will most likley get involved. Gates will be monitored hourly for major transportation. Take old man star for example, it's notorious for camping. Now add a market bending resourse to the faction and pvp will be through the roof. Miners will be the new primary. OR we could set up our own station just outside lowsec and sell it all for a very high price and bend you to our will. You see, thats what the hand of GOD looks like from the cockpit of a hulk.
12Next page