These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Drones need to be able to shoot while microwarping.

Author
Rells
Lethal Riposte
#1 - 2013-12-29 20:29:02 UTC
Dear CCP,

If a ship can outrun a set of drones, fair enough. However, when a set of Warrior IIs going 6.5km per second cant kill a MWD tristan because they have to slow down below MWD speed, shoot find out the target is out of range and then speed up again, the AI is broken. The drone AI should compensate for the speed of the target in making calculations about the speed of the drones attacking the ship. If the ship is slow enough they should slow down, if its fast they should continually MWD and fire while MWDing. This would fix a pretty badly broken mechanic. Light drones are supposed to be for taking out frigates so they should be able to catch them. In fact I think Drone speed skill needs to be given a buff as well but that is more of a point of discussion. The MWD mechanic is just plain broken.

-- Sincerely,
-- Rells
Jill Chastot
Black Water Oasis
#2 - 2013-12-29 20:30:00 UTC
News at 6, DRONE AI IS SUB PAR!

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=298596&find=unread OATHS wants you. Come to the WH "Safety in eve is the greatest fallacy you will ever encounter. Once you accept this you will truely enjoy this game."

Rells
Lethal Riposte
#3 - 2013-12-29 20:50:26 UTC
Jill Chastot wrote:
News at 6, DRONE AI IS SUB PAR!



Dont be silly, this isnt Golf.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#4 - 2013-12-29 23:08:38 UTC
Rells wrote:
The MWD mechanic is just plain broken.



Go on.....

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Miasmos
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2013-12-30 00:51:26 UTC
You should assume kiting frigates fit for optimal drone juking speed and use different drones for the job ^^

(no you should not)
Iria Ahrens
Space Perverts and Forum Pirates
#6 - 2013-12-30 01:16:48 UTC
I want my drones to stay linked if i do micro-warps on grid.....ohh you mean when the drone microwarps...sorry I use sentrys..Ugh

My choice of pronouns is based on your avatar. Even if I know what is behind the avatar.

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#7 - 2013-12-30 04:33:06 UTC
Rells wrote:
Dear CCP,

If a ship can outrun a set of drones, fair enough. However, when a set of Warrior IIs going 6.5km per second cant kill a MWD tristan because they have to slow down below MWD speed, shoot find out the target is out of range and then speed up again, the AI is broken. The drone AI should compensate for the speed of the target in making calculations about the speed of the drones attacking the ship. If the ship is slow enough they should slow down, if its fast they should continually MWD and fire while MWDing. This would fix a pretty badly broken mechanic. Light drones are supposed to be for taking out frigates so they should be able to catch them. In fact I think Drone speed skill needs to be given a buff as well but that is more of a point of discussion. The MWD mechanic is just plain broken.

-- Sincerely,
-- Rells




I have had puppies that showed more intelligence than drones. Drones are just a little smarter than gate campers.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Felicity Love
Doomheim
#8 - 2013-12-30 04:40:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Felicity Love
... drones need to follow a target in WARP... emerge from warp right on top of the target... clamp onto the target's hull and DETONATE.

I call it a "Hunter Killer" drone and will be waiting for CCP to add it to future expansions as a means of adding much needed LULZ to our dreary, pod-killing lives.

Pirate

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

ElQuirko
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2013-12-30 09:58:49 UTC
Iria Ahrens wrote:
I want my drones to stay linked if i do micro-warps on grid.....ohh you mean when the drone microwarps...sorry I use sentrys..Ugh

So does half of EVE, what's your point?

OP: Drones suck. Your problem is not, however, something I've ever encountered. My suggestion is hard tackle.

Dodixie > Hek

ACE McFACE
Dirt 'n' Glitter
Local Is Primary
#10 - 2013-12-30 11:30:37 UTC
Rells wrote:
Jill Chastot wrote:
News at 6, DRONE AI IS SUB PAR!



Dont be silly, this isnt Golf.

Because if it was the drones would be getting double bogeys.

Now, more than ever, we need a dislike button.

Nimrod vanHall
Van Mij Belastingvrij
#11 - 2013-12-30 11:31:02 UTC
Felicity Love wrote:
... drones need to follow a target in WARP... emerge from warp right on top of the target... clamp onto the target's hull and DETONATE.

I call it a "Hunter Killer" drone and will be waiting for CCP to add it to future expansions as a means of adding much needed LULZ to our dreary, pod-killing lives.

Pirate


Those drones already excist and are called fighters.
Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#12 - 2013-12-30 11:36:46 UTC
If they're MWDing away from you at that speed it won't be long until they're in optimal range of your Sentry Drones, who incidentally will love that big signature spike your target is giving off.

http://youtu.be/t0q2F8NsYQ0