These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Rattlenake or Raven Navy?

Author
Zen Lena
#1 - 2013-12-11 00:25:36 UTC
My skills are as follows;

Caldari BS 4
Gallente BS 3
T2 Sentries
T2 Cruise Missiles

Any thoughts on which I should get? I admit to being a lazy mission runner and I sometimes lose my sentries which can be annoying. My issue with the RS is that I have to have a hotkey for firing both missiles and sentries. LOL. Would rather just F1 with missiles at times :)


I'm currently flying the raven.
Gh0stBust3rs
Destruction and Pacification Services
#2 - 2013-12-11 03:56:12 UTC
well in that case fly the rattle and dont bother with the hot key for both.

Active tanked rattle with full damage lows sentries will eat through whatever they shoot while your missiles beat down whatever you shoot.


Anya Klibor
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2013-12-11 04:22:14 UTC
Depends on your support skills as well. You can't just say, "I have these relevant primary skills at X, Y, and Z" and then not provide skills such as "Drone Interfacing".

Leadership is something you learn. Maybe one day, you'll learn that.

Quontor Zarrkos
Island Monkeys
Stay Feral
#4 - 2013-12-11 11:08:35 UTC
I solved the hotkey issue by assigning the two keys to a macro key on my keyboard. I'm not 100% sure about the legality but as i can get the same results by connecting the keys with a straw and pressing that straw i think it's ok. You could also just assign the 2 commands to two keys next to each other, makes it easier as well.
Batelle
Filthy Peasants
#5 - 2013-12-11 15:09:17 UTC
Both can be pretty lazy. RS is lazy because you deploy drones, kill everything, and generally are overtanked even if you try not to overtank. Raven is lazy because you can move while firing and you don't have to target prioritize based on tracking/range.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Starrakatt
Celtic Anarchy
Dead Terrorists
#6 - 2013-12-12 22:24:06 UTC
Zen Lena wrote:
My skills are as follows;

Caldari BS 4
Gallente BS 3
T2 Sentries
T2 Cruise Missiles

Any thoughts on which I should get? I admit to being a lazy mission runner and I sometimes lose my sentries which can be annoying. My issue with the RS is that I have to have a hotkey for firing both missiles and sentries. LOL. Would rather just F1 with missiles at times :)


I'm currently flying the raven.

You have T2 sentries and T2 cruise missiles and still have BS4/3 ?

Get Gallente BS 4 at least before even beginning to use a Rattler. And yeah, get your BS of choice to L5.
Zen Lena
#7 - 2013-12-12 23:30:19 UTC
Starrakatt wrote:
Zen Lena wrote:
My skills are as follows;

Caldari BS 4
Gallente BS 3
T2 Sentries
T2 Cruise Missiles

Any thoughts on which I should get? I admit to being a lazy mission runner and I sometimes lose my sentries which can be annoying. My issue with the RS is that I have to have a hotkey for firing both missiles and sentries. LOL. Would rather just F1 with missiles at times :)


I'm currently flying the raven.

You have T2 sentries and T2 cruise missiles and still have BS4/3 ?

Get Gallente BS 4 at least before even beginning to use a Rattler. And yeah, get your BS of choice to L5.


I trained up T2 sentries so I could use the Ishtar and wasn't concerned about Gallente BS at that time.

@Anya- I have drone interfacing to 4.

With the navy raven and it's explosion radius bonus, should I just go with Capacitor Control rigs or is there still a need to go with at least 1 explosion radius rig?
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#8 - 2013-12-12 23:43:08 UTC
flying a rattlesnake makes me want to fall asleep, the missile damage is just so meh. that said the CNR isn't much better, although I tend to click orbit the next gate and start launching auto targeting missiles.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Boomhaur
#9 - 2013-12-15 21:55:24 UTC
If your willing to quickly skill up minmatar BS you can pick up a TFI and put those sentries and T2 cruise missiles to work. That ship just tears up mission rats with good skills.

Welcome to Eve. Everyone here is an Evil Sick Sadistic Bastard who is out to get you. Anyone who tells you otherwise is either trying to scam you or use you.

Zen Lena
#10 - 2013-12-16 09:16:18 UTC
There doesn't seem to be that big of a difference b/w the TFI and RS . Why do you prefer the TFI over the RS?
Dariusz Betonowy
Doomheim
#11 - 2013-12-16 09:40:20 UTC
Zen Lena wrote:

With the navy raven and it's explosion radius bonus, should I just go with Capacitor Control rigs or is there still a need to go with at least 1 explosion radius rig?

Every time someone puts cap rigs on a CNR, God roflstomps a kitten. Please think of the kittens and fit 2xRigor,1xFlare.
Boomhaur
#12 - 2013-12-16 19:44:23 UTC
Zen Lena wrote:
There doesn't seem to be that big of a difference b/w the TFI and RS . Why do you prefer the TFI over the RS?


I was able to put out more damage with the TFI and the increase in volley damage means I don't have to expend as many volleys to take out a ship which meant less reloads and faster mission time. From my memory of how I ran the TFI it was warp in sentries go to work on frigs and cruisers, cruise missiles take out BS's. Than depending on whichever set of weapons finishes their job first will work on the BC's.

Off memory my lows were filled with 4x BCU, 3x drone damage amps. My ship took the offence is the best defense approach, I don't fly it much due to poor internet connection now days.

Welcome to Eve. Everyone here is an Evil Sick Sadistic Bastard who is out to get you. Anyone who tells you otherwise is either trying to scam you or use you.

Treborr MintingtonJr
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#13 - 2013-12-17 12:23:04 UTC
Dariusz Betonowy wrote:
Zen Lena wrote:

With the navy raven and it's explosion radius bonus, should I just go with Capacitor Control rigs or is there still a need to go with at least 1 explosion radius rig?

Every time someone puts cap rigs on a CNR, God roflstomps a kitten. Please think of the kittens and fit 2xRigor,1xFlare.

I count two kittens for me
Marcus Walkuris
Aww yeahhh
#14 - 2013-12-17 16:26:51 UTC
Boomhaur wrote:
Zen Lena wrote:
There doesn't seem to be that big of a difference b/w the TFI and RS . Why do you prefer the TFI over the RS?


I was able to put out more damage with the TFI and the increase in volley damage means I don't have to expend as many volleys to take out a ship which meant less reloads and faster mission time. From my memory of how I ran the TFI it was warp in sentries go to work on frigs and cruisers, cruise missiles take out BS's. Than depending on whichever set of weapons finishes their job first will work on the BC's.

Off memory my lows were filled with 4x BCU, 3x drone damage amps. My ship took the offence is the best defense approach, I don't fly it much due to poor internet connection now days.


Something that always left me curious though. With the Typhoon and the TFI isn't part of your strength signature/speed. How does that mix with the reliance on sentries? Which ofc are stationary..

Main reason I never felt like taking a gamble on a TFI as a rattler pilot.
Batelle
Filthy Peasants
#15 - 2013-12-17 16:36:13 UTC
Zen Lena wrote:
There doesn't seem to be that big of a difference b/w the TFI and RS.


Shocked

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Ireland VonVicious
Vicious Trading Company
#16 - 2013-12-19 00:16:42 UTC
Rattlesnake all the way!

The ship has god mode like no other.

1241 dps with implants/cruise/gardes

Omni tank for missions with a huge health pool.

All with 2 drone omni's a tp and a MWD.

Nothing else comes close for L4's.

Nothing else is as cheap at that level for PvP.

The down side is incursions. You will be on anchor duty and only anchor duty. (( High sp or don't bother ))