These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

How do you keep track of sites?

Author
Droidster
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2013-10-02 03:34:26 UTC
One problem I find is rescanning sites I have already partially scanned before.

There are two kinds of problems:

1) If I already fully located a site and bookmarked I have to scroll through my bookmarks to look for the green one to see if I have the current sig scanned or not. This is a hassle because I have a lot of BMs, but at least I can find if I have the BM

2) The worse situation is when I have partially scanned the site. For example, if I partially scan the site and it is a wormhole usually I ignore it, but since I did not continue to scan it down I have no bookmark. So if I come back to the system I might end up scanning it again.

How do you deal with these problems?
Enduros
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2 - 2013-10-02 08:55:47 UTC
Sort by jump range in the bookmarks thing when in system. Also put site IDs in the bookmarks (you probably already do this). You can also display bookmarks in the solarsystem map so you can sort of see where the sig and BM line up. When you right-click in space you get a list of BMs to warp to aswell. If you named them correctly when making the BMs you don't even need to have the booksmarks window open, you can just click and see what matches stuff in the scan window.
Archa4 Badasaz
Vangazhi
#3 - 2013-10-02 09:40:21 UTC
I usually have a distinct route and use excel, where I have all the solar system names saved in first column. All other columns contain sig names. That way I never rescan same sig twice, and if the sig has disappeared, i delete it.
Zhohom
NAAAHHHHH STAAAAHHHPP
#4 - 2013-10-02 10:42:35 UTC
Snipping tool ... no more typing once you have a pic for every system on your route, just 2-3 clicks and overwrite the old one
Fia Magrath
The Clown Inquisition
#5 - 2013-10-02 11:03:19 UTC
i write up the ID's in the ingame notepad thingy. Wish the game remembered ignore across systems
Archa4 Badasaz
Vangazhi
#6 - 2013-10-02 16:56:22 UTC
Select all the sigs -> Ctrl + C -> open Excell -> select two cells in a row -> Ctrl + W.
You get all the sigs you selected in the first column. You can then just delete the second column...
RavenPaine
RaVeN Alliance
#7 - 2013-10-02 17:39:19 UTC
Fia Magrath wrote:
i write up the ID's in the ingame notepad thingy. Wish the game remembered ignore across systems



A variation of this. I write the ID's in one of the private chat windows that I always have open.
And I put a date on the bookmarks in systems, then delete them later as needed.
I only BM the sites I would actually run.

One time, I warped to a site that was weeks/months old, and there was actually another site at that location.
Baggo Hammers
#8 - 2013-10-02 18:55:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Baggo Hammers
Droidster wrote:
One problem I find is rescanning sites I have already partially scanned before.

There are two kinds of problems:

1) If I already fully located a site and bookmarked I have to scroll through my bookmarks to look for the green one to see if I have the current sig scanned or not. This is a hassle because I have a lot of BMs, but at least I can find if I have the BM

2) The worse situation is when I have partially scanned the site. For example, if I partially scan the site and it is a wormhole usually I ignore it, but since I did not continue to scan it down I have no bookmark. So if I come back to the system I might end up scanning it again.

How do you deal with these problems?



Daily notepad with all systems in my normal route listed.


For a guy who wrote : "First of all I am older than both you and Ashen COMBINED.

Second of all, I probably have more money than you and Ashen COMBINED.

Third of all, I probably have more skill points than you and Ashen COMBINED.

So don't be calling me an alt noob. Just because I am in a starter corp doesn't mean I am an alt."

You ask a lot of questions.

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

Droidster
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2013-10-02 19:08:57 UTC
Baggo Hammers wrote:
Droidster wrote:
One problem I find is rescanning sites I have already partially scanned before.

There are two kinds of problems:

1) If I already fully located a site and bookmarked I have to scroll through my bookmarks to look for the green one to see if I have the current sig scanned or not. This is a hassle because I have a lot of BMs, but at least I can find if I have the BM

2) The worse situation is when I have partially scanned the site. For example, if I partially scan the site and it is a wormhole usually I ignore it, but since I did not continue to scan it down I have no bookmark. So if I come back to the system I might end up scanning it again.

How do you deal with these problems?



Daily notepad with all systems in my normal route listed.


For a guy who wrote : "First of all I am older than both you and Ashen COMBINED.

Second of all, I probably have more money than you and Ashen COMBINED.

Third of all, I probably have more skill points than you and Ashen COMBINED.

So don't be calling me an alt noob. Just because I am in a starter corp doesn't mean I am an alt."

You ask a lot of questions.


I'm dumber than a bag of hammers, so I need a lot of help.
Mnemosyne Gloob
#10 - 2013-10-02 19:39:27 UTC
good old analog pen and paper still works, too