These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Competitive Gaming

First post
Author
Shalua Rui
Rui Freelance Mining
#241 - 2013-09-15 21:33:57 UTC
Consensual PvP not organized by players? Never gonna happen... if you wanna have "e-sports" in the game, then organize it yourself, CCP will not do it for you.

Sorry, I'm all for innovation, but an "arena" like region would go against everything the sandbox stands for... and it would make no sense inside the concept of a living, breathing universe.

Harry Forever wrote:
at the moment PvP is just searching for the weak and easy target, nobody takes up real challanges 30 vs. 1, 5 year old players vs. 3 month old newbs, its all about punching down the weak and not about taking risk and challanges

Yea, that's what it is, and people are hell bent on defending that... not that I am happy with that, but breaking the games base principles is not the way to change it...

"ginger forum goddess, space gypsy and stone nibbler extraordinaire!" Shalua Rui - CEO and founder of Rui Freelance Mining (RFLM)

Sir Dragon
Einherjar Yggdrasils
Ankle Biter's
#242 - 2013-09-16 06:19:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Sir Dragon
I don't have to read the answers to smell the Wow-screamers . . .
What i have suggested before is in-station-simulators . . .
Thus those simulators would be added to the universe when we can walk more inside stations.

An simulator would literally send the pilot into an arena type area or what the Bleep ever Wow similar 2v2 3v3 4v4 raids
. . . s/he said with loathing . . yet i try not to judge . . u wana raid u do dat!! Blink

this would :
a) not break reality . . example . . an in-space spaceship that just "pooop" into an Arena area . . i guarentee that people would vommit in discust.
b) this is a logical item to add into in-station walkaround features . . simulators should be the first thing pilots use far before real ships.
c.1 ) yes yes, entire Alliances could compete against each other . .
c.2 ) due to the nature of the simulator . . the entire designated virtual-virtual area could be run 99% seperate from Tranquility.
d) simulators could create an area for banned players ( minus isk spammers ) . . . thus by forcing them to land and lose their CONCORD granted flight licence . . . atleast they could live to regret their action . . . which is the [censored] basis for the ETHICS of removing an privialge from a person . . .TEMPORARILY.
e) [almost didnt add this one] . . . simulators should be so far removed from the tranquility-server** that the team designing the simulator might as well be some [Asians]* university graduat's final project

**: although the simulator would be initiated / started via tranquility's in-station area.

* : Yes you are a bunch of [censored] idioTS!!!
Pantera Home Videos:    http://pktube.onepakistan.com/video/ck2ykdBrDRM/Pantera-Vulgar-Video-Full-Completo.html  ;  http://pktube.onepakistan.com/video/xpma3u7OjfU/Pantera-Watch-It-Go-Full-Completo-CD1.html ;    http://pktube.onepakistan.com/video/yyO9rAx8eoQ/Pantera-Watch-It-Go-Full-Completo-CD2.html .
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#243 - 2013-09-16 09:31:01 UTC
Lephia DeGrande wrote:
I think Harry does have a point, i dont see how an Arena could hurt Eve in any means, just give us one Single System between all 4 major tradehubs with some specified rules (Concordwise) and let them fight each other, ganker still gonna gank, SOV stillg onna claim and Pirates still gonna kill.

Nothing would change ecept for the good.
You can have an arena, but pirates must still be allowed in, you must still pay for your ships (not getting automatic reimbursement) and it must not be instanced.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Lephia DeGrande
Luxembourg Space Union
#244 - 2013-09-16 09:38:59 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
Lephia DeGrande wrote:
I think Harry does have a point, i dont see how an Arena could hurt Eve in any means, just give us one Single System between all 4 major tradehubs with some specified rules (Concordwise) and let them fight each other, ganker still gonna gank, SOV stillg onna claim and Pirates still gonna kill.

Nothing would change ecept for the good.
You can have an arena, but pirates must still be allowed in, you must still pay for your ships (not getting automatic reimbursement) and it must not be instanced.


Sounds good. Just make a dedicated System and call it "Arena" make equal roads from Amarr, Jita, Diodixi and Hek and some well placed objects in some fency anomalies and let them burn their ISK for some "Duel Killmails".
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#245 - 2013-09-16 10:53:01 UTC
Shalua Rui wrote:
Consensual PvP not organized by players? Never gonna happen... if you wanna have "e-sports" in the game, then organize it yourself, CCP will not do it for you.

Sorry, I'm all for innovation, but an "arena" like region would go against everything the sandbox stands for... and it would make no sense inside the concept of a living, breathing universe.

Harry Forever wrote:
at the moment PvP is just searching for the weak and easy target, nobody takes up real challanges 30 vs. 1, 5 year old players vs. 3 month old newbs, its all about punching down the weak and not about taking risk and challanges

Yea, that's what it is, and people are hell bent on defending that... not that I am happy with that, but breaking the games base principles is not the way to change it...


you can only speak for yourself, CCP's decision are not your decision... arenas and leagues would attract the mass market of competitive gamers, people don't want to organize e-sport they want to take part in it without any difficulties, thats what e-sport is about, fights need to be fast accessible, the playerbase is new and some would jump into the universe as well

I see it as seperated step to jump into eve, a lot more players would be attracted by that system, and many would stay for the real universe experience

some people here need to open their minds, you are stuck with a wrong understanding of sanbox and what eve can be

eve is the perfect game for arenas and leagues, that needs to be added on top of all the universe and sandbox experience
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#246 - 2013-09-16 10:59:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
Lucas Kell wrote:
Lephia DeGrande wrote:
I think Harry does have a point, i dont see how an Arena could hurt Eve in any means, just give us one Single System between all 4 major tradehubs with some specified rules (Concordwise) and let them fight each other, ganker still gonna gank, SOV stillg onna claim and Pirates still gonna kill.

Nothing would change ecept for the good.
You can have an arena, but pirates must still be allowed in, you must still pay for your ships (not getting automatic reimbursement) and it must not be instanced.


no pirates, no shiploss, its a different part of the game, to attract different gamers.... its a seperated part of the game, it should not be mixed up, it should be accessible over the ingame client however, maybe over the hangar, leagues are isolated you need to see it more like a VR area, its no real fights its simulated arena and leagues, a game in game

if we had that, it would not hold me back from going to nullsec and doing pvp there, or going to mine or other stuff, it would just be a part of the game that i would access for ca. 30%-40% of the time i play

I would login, do one or two arena fights, and then go on grinding, run a mission or shoot some goons in VFK

having the arena fights at the beginning of each playing session would give the people a much better feeling about the rest, then they had some action and they can move on with the rest

the fast accessible action without shiploss would make the rest of the game much better as well, it would be just another layer
Lephia DeGrande
Luxembourg Space Union
#247 - 2013-09-16 11:07:47 UTC
I dont believe its a good Idea to seperate the Community, i agree a dedicated Duel System would be a great feature, but they should burn their Money like everyone else, it would be unfair if the Duel Gamers could test some Modul combination without disadventage.
Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#248 - 2013-09-16 12:16:02 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
eve is the perfect game for arenas and leagues

I... Highly doubt that.
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#249 - 2013-09-16 12:43:14 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
you can only speak for yourself, CCP's decision are not your decision... arenas and leagues would attract the mass market of competitive gamers, people don't want to organize e-sport they want to take part in it without any difficulties, thats what e-sport is about, fights need to be fast accessible, the playerbase is new and some would jump into the universe as well

I see it as seperated step to jump into eve, a lot more players would be attracted by that system, and many would stay for the real universe experience
No, Arenas would destroy EVE. End of.

Harry Forever wrote:
some people here need to open their minds, you are stuck with a wrong understanding of sanbox and what eve can be
Sandbox means YOU make. YOU make the arena. YOU provide the SRP. YOU keep pirates out of it. Stop begging CCP to do stuff because you are too lazy to put the graft in.

Harry Forever wrote:
no pirates, no shiploss, its a different part of the game, to attract different gamers.... its a seperated part of the game, it should not be mixed up, it should be accessible over the ingame client however, maybe over the hangar, leagues are isolated you need to see it more like a VR area, its no real fights its simulated arena and leagues, a game in game
There are already other games where arenas exist. Rather than making it in EVE, go play one of those.

Harry Forever wrote:
if we had that, it would not hold me back from going to nullsec and doing pvp there, or going to mine or other stuff, it would just be a part of the game that i would access for ca. 30%-40% of the time i play

I would login, do one or two arena fights, and then go on grinding, run a mission or shoot some goons in VFK

having the arena fights at the beginning of each playing session would give the people a much better feeling about the rest, then they had some action and they can move on with the rest

the fast accessible action without shiploss would make the rest of the game much better as well, it would be just another layer
You only want this because you are so terrible at PvP that you can't afford your ship replacements. Like all of your requests, this is selfishly driven and has nothing to do with expanding EvE in a good way. Either learn to play EvE or go play something else. Honestly, nobody here cares which.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

William Walker
Crescent Eclipse
Libertus Specialis
#250 - 2013-09-16 12:53:35 UTC
I am making an arena at 6VDT. This is in Fountain. Bring your own ships, no concord, meet at the sun. Get here on your own accord. If you make it and still have a pod I will reimburse you one destroyer of your choice.

ヽ(⌒∇⌒)ノ へ(゜∇、°)へ (◕‿◕✿)

Tchulen
Trumpets and Bookmarks
#251 - 2013-09-16 13:00:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Tchulen
I love you Harry.

You never fail to amaze me with your complete lack of anything resembling a grasp on how eve works and the knock on negative effects of your proposals.

This is just another thread in the long list of completely ridiculous posts you've made, Harry. As an entertainment you never fail to please. As a serious suggestion for the way EVE should progress this is, like all your other suggestions, nothing more than cerebral diarrhoea.

CCP have created and promoted a sandbox. What you're proposing is in direct opposition to that. As I've said many times to you before in your other atrocious threads; it's lucky CCP aren't as short sighted and foolish as you are. As several people have said in this and your other threads already you should find a game that you don't feel the need to completely change in order to enjoy it as continuing to play something you don't understand and don't enjoy is just plain stupid.

EDIT - Oh, and as I've told you before, you can have your arena. There are already the tools available to create it, just not precisely as you want it. But then, if CCP ever did go mental and create what you're after it certainly wouldn't be precisely what you proposed so how about you just go and create what you're proposing with what you have available? As the saying goes: Build it and they will come. And if they don't, it was obviously a stupid idea.
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#252 - 2013-09-16 14:35:19 UTC
Tchulen wrote:
I love you Harry.

You never fail to amaze me with your complete lack of anything resembling a grasp on how eve works and the knock on negative effects of your proposals.

This is just another thread in the long list of completely ridiculous posts you've made, Harry. As an entertainment you never fail to please. As a serious suggestion for the way EVE should progress this is, like all your other suggestions, nothing more than cerebral diarrhoea.

CCP have created and promoted a sandbox. What you're proposing is in direct opposition to that. As I've said many times to you before in your other atrocious threads; it's lucky CCP aren't as short sighted and foolish as you are. As several people have said in this and your other threads already you should find a game that you don't feel the need to completely change in order to enjoy it as continuing to play something you don't understand and don't enjoy is just plain stupid.

EDIT - Oh, and as I've told you before, you can have your arena. There are already the tools available to create it, just not precisely as you want it. But then, if CCP ever did go mental and create what you're after it certainly wouldn't be precisely what you proposed so how about you just go and create what you're proposing with what you have available? As the saying goes: Build it and they will come. And if they don't, it was obviously a stupid idea.


its not changing the game, its an addition to the game, nobody holds you back playing the part you want, like mentioned already, it would not hold me back from going to nullsec and other stuff, would you guys all just play arenas? i doubt it, thats why its just an addition, however I realize its hard for you to understand that

I play all parts of the game, trading mining, going to null pvp, and arenas would just be another part of it where I spend x% of my gaming time, nobody would spend 100% of his time there, its just another part where you can have some easy action, all other things in the sandbox will stay the same

you want to hold eve small, I want eve to grow and offer divercity for all gamers out there... its just a win, although you are unable to vision it

people like you just always complain about the new stuff, if it would be you who decides, we would still have graphics from the 80s in games and multiplayer would be linking 2 gameboys

people are already creating their arenas and leagues on sisi, the demand is there, you need to have this programmed and the client needs to offer the access to it fast, people want it, gamers want it, if you don't understand then because you are no gamer, if you want to organize stuff, do it, I want to play
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#253 - 2013-09-16 14:38:36 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
you can only speak for yourself, CCP's decision are not your decision... arenas and leagues would attract the mass market of competitive gamers, people don't want to organize e-sport they want to take part in it without any difficulties, thats what e-sport is about, fights need to be fast accessible, the playerbase is new and some would jump into the universe as well

I see it as seperated step to jump into eve, a lot more players would be attracted by that system, and many would stay for the real universe experience
No, Arenas would destroy EVE. End of.

Harry Forever wrote:
some people here need to open their minds, you are stuck with a wrong understanding of sanbox and what eve can be
Sandbox means YOU make. YOU make the arena. YOU provide the SRP. YOU keep pirates out of it. Stop begging CCP to do stuff because you are too lazy to put the graft in.

Harry Forever wrote:
no pirates, no shiploss, its a different part of the game, to attract different gamers.... its a seperated part of the game, it should not be mixed up, it should be accessible over the ingame client however, maybe over the hangar, leagues are isolated you need to see it more like a VR area, its no real fights its simulated arena and leagues, a game in game
There are already other games where arenas exist. Rather than making it in EVE, go play one of those.

Harry Forever wrote:
if we had that, it would not hold me back from going to nullsec and doing pvp there, or going to mine or other stuff, it would just be a part of the game that i would access for ca. 30%-40% of the time i play

I would login, do one or two arena fights, and then go on grinding, run a mission or shoot some goons in VFK

having the arena fights at the beginning of each playing session would give the people a much better feeling about the rest, then they had some action and they can move on with the rest

the fast accessible action without shiploss would make the rest of the game much better as well, it would be just another layer
You only want this because you are so terrible at PvP that you can't afford your ship replacements. Like all of your requests, this is selfishly driven and has nothing to do with expanding EvE in a good way. Either learn to play EvE or go play something else. Honestly, nobody here cares which.


don't get holdup in your understanding of this game, eve is more than that

sandbox is fine, but there are also other areas that would work perfectly in the eve universe

don't hold it back all the time from growing bigger
Roime
Shiva Furnace
#254 - 2013-09-16 15:07:30 UTC
Quote:
no pirates, no shiploss, its a different part of the game, to attract different gamers.... its a seperated part of the game, it should not be mixed up, it should be accessible over the ingame client however, maybe over the hangar, leagues are isolated you need to see it more like a VR area, its no real fights its simulated arena and leagues, a game in game


Quote:
it would just be a part of the game that i would access for ca. 30%-40% of the time i play


So you would play EVE 30-40% less because of this arena. Great way to make EVE bigger!

.

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#255 - 2013-09-16 15:12:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
Roime wrote:
Quote:
no pirates, no shiploss, its a different part of the game, to attract different gamers.... its a seperated part of the game, it should not be mixed up, it should be accessible over the ingame client however, maybe over the hangar, leagues are isolated you need to see it more like a VR area, its no real fights its simulated arena and leagues, a game in game


Quote:
it would just be a part of the game that i would access for ca. 30%-40% of the time i play


So you would play EVE 30-40% less because of this arena. Great way to make EVE bigger!


dude, create your own topic if you are unable to grow an existing one, I'm tired of you nosayers, all you do is say no, you people don't add **** to the game, you are just a pain in the ass man

come up with your own ideas, or grow out existing ones, don't holdup the conversation all the time

don't holdup progress and people who actually come up with something, you got no clue of developement process

no no no, yea we know your optinion, now leave!
Sergeant Acht Scultz
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#256 - 2013-09-16 15:21:26 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
...people don't want to organize e-sport they want to take part in it without any difficulties...



They better skip Eve then, it's not the game for them. If they want to win Etanas Adestrias and whatnot they have to do it like everyone else does, play this game by it's rules or gtfo somewhere else beg and cry how their life without e-sports crap is so miserable.

I'd advise them to get a small job and practice some sport, even if they don't need or think they don't need, that would help thei life become so much better.

removed inappropriate ASCII art signature - CCP Eterne

Sergeant Acht Scultz
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#257 - 2013-09-16 15:27:42 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
dude, create your own topic if you are unable to grow an existing one, I'm tired of you nosayers, all you do is say no, you people don't add **** to the game, you are just a pain in the ass man

come up with your own ideas, or grow out existing ones, don't holdup the conversation all the time

don't holdup progress and people who actually come up with something, you got no clue of developement process

no no no, yea we know your optinion, now leave!




How dare you to demand someone to respect your opinions and awful ideas when you have no respect for this game its community or its rules?

Start by respecting others opinions if you want yours to be respected or at least considered, even thou they're awful and you should feel bad for posting such nonsense in this forum and to finish my point, the only true disrespectful guy and pain in the ass here, is you.

removed inappropriate ASCII art signature - CCP Eterne

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#258 - 2013-09-16 15:29:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
Sergeant Acht Scultz wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
...people don't want to organize e-sport they want to take part in it without any difficulties...



They better skip Eve then, it's not the game for them. If they want to win Etanas Adestrias and whatnot they have to do it like everyone else does, play this game by it's rules or gtfo somewhere else beg and cry how their life without e-sports crap is so miserable.

I'd advise them to get a small job and practice some sport, even if they don't need or think they don't need, that would help thei life become so much better.


somethings wrong with you guys, nobody holds you up playing the game like you want

you should question your reactions and analyze why you want everybody play the game by your rules

its not your decision, its each of the gamers decision

I don't tell you either how to play it, I just want to add some stuff... let the others decide for themselves, you are not their leaders

get out of that kind of thinking, its dangerous, people like you who always think whats best for others are dangerous

they should add the stuff and let the people decide, there is a clear demand for it
Tchulen
Trumpets and Bookmarks
#259 - 2013-09-16 16:06:49 UTC
Harry, you're considering this from your perspective. All you care about if what you want, not what's best for the game as a whole or you have no real concept of how the game works, the wealth of interactions and therefore content that is created specifically because there is no instancing or immunity.

All these people you say are stuck in their ways, naysayers etc. are really people who understand the need to keep the sandbox a sandbox and not shard it or create protected instances in it.

It's not these people who don't understand, it's you. You're blinded to the big picture by your personal agenda. You are ignorant of the whole and therefore promoting concepts that would damage the whole without having any real comprehension of what it is you're doing.

The reason so many people are against you isn't because they're against change per se. It's because they're against your proposed changes because they would be detrimental for the game overall.

I've seen pretty much everyone who's against your idea be positive about other changes that have been proposed. Seriously, it's just you. It's not them or me. It's you.

So carry on regardless because that's what you've done in every other thread you've made. I don't expect you to understand. You've had it explained to you in every thread you've created but you just ignore everyone and continue to promote your asshat ideas.

[gets popcorn, sits down and gets comfy to watch the car crash that is Harry Forever's threads]
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#260 - 2013-09-16 16:23:41 UTC
Sergeant Acht Scultz wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
dude, create your own topic if you are unable to grow an existing one, I'm tired of you nosayers, all you do is say no, you people don't add **** to the game, you are just a pain in the ass man

come up with your own ideas, or grow out existing ones, don't holdup the conversation all the time

don't holdup progress and people who actually come up with something, you got no clue of developement process

no no no, yea we know your optinion, now leave!




How dare you to demand someone to respect your opinions and awful ideas when you have no respect for this game its community or its rules?

Start by respecting others opinions if you want yours to be respected or at least considered, even thou they're awful and you should feel bad for posting such nonsense in this forum and to finish my point, the only true disrespectful guy and pain in the ass here, is you.


you sure life in the rules somebody gives you, growup and life under your own rules and decisions

you mentioned that you don't agree, you can leave now, because with your mindset your are not able to add anything to the topic except holding up its developement