These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12
 

Skill Point Remaps

First post
Author
brinelan
#21 - 2013-09-06 12:03:50 UTC
no
Kyt Thrace
Lightspeed Enterprises
Goonswarm Federation
#22 - 2013-09-06 12:08:16 UTC
Here's my idea.

PLEX for the Removal of "Unwanted/Unused/Nerfed by CCP/Tried It, but didn't like It/No longer Interested In" Skills

You do not get reimbursed in skill points or skill books.

Example:

Unwanted: Mining - level 2: CCP gave this skill to me when I created character. I did not want it. It was forced on me.

Unused: Mining - Level 2, all Industry skills I injected as a noob because I did not know any better.

Nerfed by CCP: All my skills dealing with datacore collection. Not worth the trouble anymore.

Tried It, but didn't like It: All the PI skills. Only way we can try something in Eve is to inject the skills. Then you find out it blows & you are stuck with the skills.

No Longer interested In: All Social Skills - Will never run a mission in Highsec again and if I do i will quit Eve the same day.

So once again,

PLEX for Removal of Unwanted Skills.

R.I.P. Vile Rat

Delicious Charen-Teng
Do Not Ride The Bomb
#23 - 2013-09-06 13:12:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Delicious Charen-Teng
There is one argument that hasn't been noted that supports this change.

CCP is constantly changing ships, meta and pretty much everything else. To the point where I haven't bought a single new hull apart from a few new bombers in over 6 months. It's dam irritating because I'm sure several people have no idea what to train at the moment.

My main has a massive amount of SP in Autocannons, Minmatar Cruiser 5 and other stuff that in lieu of tiericide was a complete and utter waste of time. This is shortly about to happen again with T3's which I have also a couple of million SP trained in skills.

Now you could argue that AC's and Minnie meta are still totally valid, but not in my opinion, and this is MY character. Your opinions on balance have no influence on how I choose to train my characters.

I don't support a 'yearly' change, but CCP devs destroying even my best laid plans in terms of character progression has made me feel like i deserve a skill remap after tiericide is complete.
Alundil
Rolled Out
#24 - 2013-09-06 13:54:31 UTC
@ OP Idea
This is, imo, a bad idea as has been stated multiple times in this thread (and several other times over the years).


Kyt Thrace wrote:
Here's my idea.
PLEX for the Removal of "Unwanted/Unused/Nerfed by CCP/Tried It, but didn't like It/No longer Interested In" Skills

You do not get reimbursed in skill points or skill books.

Since those skills, as you say, are unused and you're not looking for any return of skillbooks (ISK) or SP, what's the point? A waste of a PLEX for 'cosmetic' reasons (i.e. skill sheet is as lean as possible)? I don't get it.

Delicious Charen-Teng wrote:
There is one argument that hasn't been noted that supports this change.

CCP is constantly changing ships, meta and pretty much everything else.

I don't support a 'yearly' change, but CCP devs destroying even my best laid plans in terms of character progression has made me feel like i deserve a skill remap after tiericide is complete.

As is their, CCP's, right to do so.
It has also, if i recall correctly, been explicitly stated that in game item attributes will change.

Those changes will, more often than not, have an effect on someone's training and plans somewhere. I think CCP's "HTFU" is quite appropriate in this instance.

I'm right behind you

Tobias Hareka
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#25 - 2013-09-06 14:50:44 UTC
Delicious Charen-Teng wrote:
There is one argument that hasn't been noted that supports this change.

CCP is constantly changing ships, meta and pretty much everything else. To the point where I haven't bought a single new hull apart from a few new bombers in over 6 months. It's dam irritating because I'm sure several people have no idea what to train at the moment.


Stop chasing FOTM. Problem solved.
TheBlueMonkey
Be Nice Inc.
Prismatic Legion
#26 - 2013-09-06 15:14:20 UTC
I get myself 12 accounts, I only pay one sub on a monthly basis at a time, I buy 12 high sp characters, I remap one to whatever FOTM is, when FOTM changes I switch chars and remap.

Result, I get to always fly fotm no matter what.
Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#27 - 2013-09-06 16:17:06 UTC
Delicious Charen-Teng wrote:
There is one argument that hasn't been noted that supports this change.

CCP is constantly changing ships, meta and pretty much everything else. To the point where I haven't bought a single new hull apart from a few new bombers in over 6 months. It's dam irritating because I'm sure several people have no idea what to train at the moment.

My main has a massive amount of SP in Autocannons, Minmatar Cruiser 5 and other stuff that in lieu of tiericide was a complete and utter waste of time. This is shortly about to happen again with T3's which I have also a couple of million SP trained in skills.

Now you could argue that AC's and Minnie meta are still totally valid, but not in my opinion, and this is MY character. Your opinions on balance have no influence on how I choose to train my characters.

I don't support a 'yearly' change, but CCP devs destroying even my best laid plans in terms of character progression has made me feel like i deserve a skill remap after tiericide is complete.


Gee, I feel so sorry for you. I mean, there are so few excellent and ubiquitously used Auto-cannon based Minnie Hulls these days, that I don't know how you could possibly play this game as a minnie based pilot. If only we saw Slashers, Firetails, Jags, Wolves, Drams, Thrashers, Stabbers, Ruptures, Stabber FI, Scythe FI, Cynabal, Scythe, Scimi, Tornadoes regularly. It is simply terrible that the Maelstrom, Machariel, and Vargur aren't above and beyond all other BS's. If only the Cyclone had remained in the spotline as a autocannon based solo-pwnmobile you might have had something to fly. It is all so sad; If only CCP would release some new revamped and OMFG amazing new ships like the Vagabond, otherwise you might have to train some missile skills and enjoy the missile based minnie hullls.

In all seriousness, really?!? As long as this game has been out, CCP has been introducing new ships, tweaking old ships, and rebalancing mechanics to the point new FOTM's happen regularly. The idea that you haven't bought a new hull in 6 months isn't because of the rebalancing they did, its because of your play style.

Why are you postponing buying ships? Do you really thing that in another 6 months that CCP will be "all done" with ship balancing, resulting an a "best ship"? I have news for you, there were FOTM's last month that will be replaced by new FOTM's this upcoming month and there will be new FOTM's come winter. CCP will change things to keep the game evolving and changing, and all a SP redistribution does is enable you to instantly change, which would completely defeat the purpose of CCP mixing things up a bit.



RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#28 - 2013-09-06 18:16:03 UTC
Delicious Charen-Teng wrote:
There is one argument that hasn't been noted


Yes it has.
Quote:
that supports this change.


That doesn't mean it's a good one.

Quote:
CCP is constantly changing ships, meta and pretty much everything else.


Yep, not a good one. If you train for the OP stuff, you must accept that it will be nerfed at some point in the future and consider whether the detour from training what you'd otherwise want to train (if everything was already well balanced) is worth it for the time you expect to have greater than normal returns (i.e. the time you expect it to take for CCP to get around to nerfing the OP stuff you're training for).

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Delicious Charen-Teng
Do Not Ride The Bomb
#29 - 2013-09-09 08:18:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Delicious Charen-Teng
Wow.

How I feel about Minnie, whether right or wrong, has nothing to do with your opinion on the current state of meta. Telling me to train everything is not a viable solution.

How dare I focus my training on the best tactics? Did you guys actually just say that out loud? LOL

Spending hundreds of Euro RL on training skills that CCP constantly balance? If it wasn't explicitly stated in the EULA it would be a significant breach of contract.

None of this would matter if Tiericide resulted in actual balance. Tiericide is the biggest balancing effort so far by CCP and is changing or has changed every hull in the game. Over the past years I've gone through the Dram nerf, the Destroyer balance and several others and never really cared. Tiericide is a different kettle of fish altogether.

The reason I'm not buying ships is because at some point Tiericide will finish, there'll be a winning PVP meta, and in order to be as competitive as possible you will need to embrace that meta, because sure as hell everybody else will be.
Vayn Baxtor
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2013-09-09 08:28:10 UTC
CCP could just put a $100 price tag on it... :P

Using tablet, typoes are common and I'm not going to fix them all.

seth Hendar
I love you miners
#31 - 2013-09-09 13:29:57 UTC  |  Edited by: seth Hendar
Delicious Charen-Teng wrote:
There is one argument that hasn't been noted that supports this change.

CCP is constantly changing ships, meta and pretty much everything else. To the point where I haven't bought a single new hull apart from a few new bombers in over 6 months. It's dam irritating because I'm sure several people have no idea what to train at the moment.

My main has a massive amount of SP in Autocannons, Minmatar Cruiser 5 and other stuff that in lieu of tiericide was a complete and utter waste of time. This is shortly about to happen again with T3's which I have also a couple of million SP trained in skills.

Now you could argue that AC's and Minnie meta are still totally valid, but not in my opinion, and this is MY character. Your opinions on balance have no influence on how I choose to train my characters.

I don't support a 'yearly' change, but CCP devs destroying even my best laid plans in terms of character progression has made me feel like i deserve a skill remap after tiericide is complete.

this.


when i started back in 2010, after a few month, i made a skillplant, wich included flying both gallente and minmatar, and i enjoyed flying both, in pve and pvp.

i did invested time in scanning etc... wich i enjoyed until Odyssey.
since last summer, CCP has done way too much damage to those two races, half the matar are now missiles boat, so i cannot fly them anymore, and he gallente drone boats are done for missioning, on pvp side, the HACs are now both crap, and i don't even talk about the CS.

now, i see what they are comming to with the marauders, i don't even want them to fix the black ops anymore, let alone the t3.

here is now just no point in flying so many ships that i would delete skills, since they are of no use anymore.


eve is about dedication and specialisation, but what is the point when, whiole you take time and invested a lot in specialising your toon, you have CCP putting their fat little fingers and screwing everything up?

what is the point o all this, i end up with 3+ years of sp on a toon, all made useless because CCP decided so?

imao, while i agree that there are some issues with allowing players to reassign all there sp, it would make sense that CCP allow it ONCE / toon because of the massive changes they brought since last winter
Crellion
Nano Rhinos
PURPLE HELMETED WARRIORS
#32 - 2013-09-09 14:59:11 UTC
TheBlueMonkey wrote:
I get myself 12 accounts, I only pay one sub on a monthly basis at a time, I buy 12 high sp characters, I remap one to whatever FOTM is, when FOTM changes I switch chars and remap.

Result, I get to always fly fotm no matter what.


Or you could buy one high SP character and fly all the FOTMs without need for remaps and other silly business.
Infinite Force
#33 - 2013-09-09 15:51:39 UTC
Mag's wrote:
No because of the following points.
Tippia wrote:
It removes the point of having skills to begin with.
It removes the point of having attributes.
It removes attribute implants from the game.
It removes variety and instead encourages FOTM and cookie-cutter setups.
It removes the uniqueness, history and "character" of your character.
It removes planning and choice and consequences.
It removes goal-setting, progression and any achievement in those areas.
It kills character trading.
It massively boosts older characters over new ones.
It introduces "catching up" as a concept in EVE and instantly makes it impossible to do.

This..

However, how about a 1-time remap once you've reach 100M or 125M skill points? :D

Kind of a carrot for being in the game long term. Quite frankly, I don't know what I'd do with it .. so there! lol

HROLT CEO Live Free; Die Proud

http://tinyurl.com/95zmyzw - The only way to go!

Maximus Andendare
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#34 - 2013-09-09 20:37:45 UTC
Tobias Hareka wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:
Sub-Zero Saul wrote:
1 skill point remap in exchange for 1 x PLEX ?


How about this: 1 Skill point remap + 1 name change for 2 PLEX?


He probably meant that you pay 1 PLEX to move 1 (one) skill point from skill A to skill B.
At least I hope he meant that. For example to move all skill points from fully trained BS skill to other skills you'd have to pay 2.048.000 PLEX.
How about 1 PLEX for 1 skill remap, free name change and employment history wipe and 2 million sp to spend wherever?!?!?!?!

I mean, as long as we're on the topic of terrible ideas...

Enter grid and you're already dead, destined to be reborn and fight another day.

>> Play Eve Online FREE! Join today for exclusive bonuses! <<

blue dehazon
Stonegard Arrows
#35 - 2013-09-09 21:05:13 UTC
Sub-Zero Saul wrote:
I think we should get 1 yearly Skill Point Remap to help us refocus our studies and keep us on the right path.

I think this is a good ide,dont hawe to skill plan if you can remap ewry halfe year relly.all i se hear is old players that hawe forgotten howe mutch the remap system limets your option as a new player.and yes i took a good look on employment history of some of them,they hawe a selfish agenda hear god forbid that you shud hawe a better expirience whid EVE than they and gain skill points faster,honestly growe up and be honest about your agenda
Lephia DeGrande
Luxembourg Space Union
#36 - 2013-09-09 21:16:05 UTC
"Wrong" Skills are a part of you, if you can't handle yourself, blame yourself.
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#37 - 2013-09-09 21:27:05 UTC
This is a bad idea, but it does irk me when CCP changes a ship in a way such that even a focused character ends up with wasted SP. For example, many years ago, I began training a SC pilot. Shortly after I finished training the drone skills, CCP announced that SC's could no longer use drones. Bam, months of wasted skill training. And it's not like a character trapped in that ship can dock it up and make good use of those SP. At times I wish I could redistribute those SP, but that is just part of Eve.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#38 - 2013-09-09 21:33:22 UTC
Maximus Andendare wrote:
Tobias Hareka wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:
Sub-Zero Saul wrote:
1 skill point remap in exchange for 1 x PLEX ?


How about this: 1 Skill point remap + 1 name change for 2 PLEX?


He probably meant that you pay 1 PLEX to move 1 (one) skill point from skill A to skill B.
At least I hope he meant that. For example to move all skill points from fully trained BS skill to other skills you'd have to pay 2.048.000 PLEX.
How about 1 PLEX for 1 skill remap, free name change and employment history wipe and 2 million sp to spend wherever?!?!?!?!

I mean, as long as we're on the topic of terrible ideas...


I think you may have missed the joke I was making. Try clicking the link.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Previous page12