These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

My EVE

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[VIDEO] Call of the Wild - Solo PvP

First post
Author
Diesel47
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#61 - 2013-08-15 08:39:26 UTC
SidtheKid100 wrote:
Kovorix wrote:
Sara Letha wrote:
Very nice fights. I have two questions

1) I Notice you appear to be using hotkeys for alot of modules, am i just missing the clicks? If you are, then what hotkeys are you using? Because Ive been meaning to start using them but find it hard to find any keys im comfortable using as hotkeys in eve.

2) In the last fight with links, was it just loki links or was it loki + legion links?


1) Yes I hotkey all the modules. I use hotkeys like this:

highs: qwert
meds: asdf
lows: zxcvb

and I used ctrl for heat.

but other people do them different ways too. Takes surprisingly little time to get used to, I recommend it.

cheers :)


Great video, Kovorix. Couple questions though, if you can find the time to answer.

Firstly, hotkeys. I take it you're not text chatting much while you're pvping, so you can afford to use them?
Also, it's just qwert, no modifier key such as alt or ctrl or anything?

Secondly, a more technical question:
As someone who's flown that ship extensively, what do you think is an effective counter to a similarly fit NOmen?
And if you find it difficult to think of a counter, would that, in your opinion, make it imbalanced?

Thanks again for posting such a great vid, there's hope for solo yet!


Know you are asking the OP..

But honestly... A TD with a range script will make a NOmen useless.

So grab any fast ship that excels at brawling, slap a TD on it... and burn towards the NOmen. If they realize what you are doing they will try to leave.. If you catch them you got a dead NOmen.


Kovorix
Matari Exodus
#62 - 2013-08-15 12:54:56 UTC
SidtheKid100 wrote:


Great video, Kovorix. Couple questions though, if you can find the time to answer.

Firstly, hotkeys. I take it you're not text chatting much while you're pvping, so you can afford to use them?
Also, it's just qwert, no modifier key such as alt or ctrl or anything?

Secondly, a more technical question:
As someone who's flown that ship extensively, what do you think is an effective counter to a similarly fit NOmen?
And if you find it difficult to think of a counter, would that, in your opinion, make it imbalanced?

Thanks again for posting such a great vid, there's hope for solo yet!


Yeah that's it with the hotkeys :)

As far as counters, yeah there are a number. As diesel said, a TD is troublesome, although 1 on an undedicated ship isn't the end of the world (i've had to deal with that).

A cynabal with a web and scram and neut would give a lot of trouble if it got tackle early. Also anything with high native EM resist - a vagabond with a scram is certain death for a nomen, and jaguars/wolfs suck to deal with if flown well. Loki as well. Rapiers of course and anything with sentries these day :)
mama guru
Yazatas.
#63 - 2013-08-15 13:32:16 UTC
Great vid +1

Solo pvp +1

Soundtrack +1

No links +999

EVE online is the fishermans friend of MMO's. If it's too hard you are too weak.

Gorgoth24
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#64 - 2013-08-17 04:53:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Gorgoth24
Incredible video. Watched it at least 10 times now, and I'm glad you're back! True solo pvp is something great, and I hope people will realize it isn't quite dead!

Looks like I'll be spending a lot of my time coming up with ways of applying your tactics to a bunch of ships and figuring out ways to counter them :D

+10000
W0lf Crendraven
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#65 - 2013-08-17 07:05:08 UTC
SidtheKid100 wrote:
Kovorix wrote:
Sara Letha wrote:
Very nice fights. I have two questions

1) I Notice you appear to be using hotkeys for alot of modules, am i just missing the clicks? If you are, then what hotkeys are you using? Because Ive been meaning to start using them but find it hard to find any keys im comfortable using as hotkeys in eve.

2) In the last fight with links, was it just loki links or was it loki + legion links?


1) Yes I hotkey all the modules. I use hotkeys like this:

highs: qwert
meds: asdf
lows: zxcvb

and I used ctrl for heat.

but other people do them different ways too. Takes surprisingly little time to get used to, I recommend it.

cheers :)


Great video, Kovorix. Couple questions though, if you can find the time to answer.

Firstly, hotkeys. I take it you're not text chatting much while you're pvping, so you can afford to use them?
Also, it's just qwert, no modifier key such as alt or ctrl or anything?

Secondly, a more technical question:
As someone who's flown that ship extensively, what do you think is an effective counter to a similarly fit NOmen?
And if you find it difficult to think of a counter, would that, in your opinion, make it imbalanced?

Thanks again for posting such a great vid, there's hope for solo yet!


There is a difference in asking how to counter this ship with or without links, without links you can just use a harbi or a arty cane or a good vaga/cyna, hell even a non ****** absolution can usually easily kill a Nomen, reason beeing is that point rnage forces a omen up close, into unbonused scorch range. A shield harbi will rip the Nomen a new one in seconds, same with a good flown vaga or cynabal.

In the end the Nomen is a cruiser with 400dps and 16k ehp with a 250dps tank for 1 minute that then turns to a 86dps tank. That really isnt hard to beat, no links means this is forced into 28km and at that range a lot can kill it.

Now if you fly it with links the Nomen can abuse its range, at 42km there is a whole lot less that can do real dps and its a whole lot harder to kill, while a ac shield cane can winat 28km at 40km its without a chance.


And as the rest already mentioned, tds can kill at as can a good fast frigate. Hell, a single (linked) dual td condor could solo one half afk.


And lets not forget the talos and co, a single good flown shield talos would rip the Nomen apart in seconds, (which in turn really shows how bad his opponents really were).


Dont think just because you see him doing these things you can easily hop into one and do the same (which, seeing recent Nomen losses and prices quite a lot of people assume), you need to have the talent to find really bad opponents, in Fw space everything will force you to land on 0, where they will rip it appart, and dont forget links and such, a linked ceptor will have you scrammed/nosed before you can even lock it. You will get swamped by tds, and so on.
Kovorix
Matari Exodus
#66 - 2013-08-17 14:07:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Kovorix
W0lf Crendraven wrote:

And lets not forget the talos and co, a single good flown shield talos would rip the Nomen apart in seconds, (which in turn really shows how bad his opponents really were).


This part i disagree with, having flown against a number of taloses, and not just terrible ones. They won't track you within 15-10k, and 1km/s margin gives you enough to stay there reliably with some piloting. It's not a sure thing by any means, but i'll engage a lone talos or tornado any day in the nomen.

And honestly most of the stuff you mention gives the ship plenty of opportunity to simply leave, except i guess the condor but why would you fight those anyway? It's an amazing roaming ship because, like any nano-ship, you can leave when too many counters hit the field. I've only lost it by being an idiot (around 15 times now Lol).

Just because many of the opponents included in the video weren't challenging the ship, it doesn't mean it's not an extremely flexible and fun ship for 0.0 combat with a huge engagement envelope. Of course I'd never warp it at 0 in a FW plex, and I hope nobody else would either. I can say it takes very little "talent" to find appropriate opponents (in 0.0), as literally every time I undocked in it I got at least 1 reasonable fight and usually 5-6 fights or more, including instances where I had to replace the scorch because it wore out. I haven't counted exactly, but do you really think that the 130ish kills i've gotten in it over the last month and a half were ALL a result of a 'talent' for finding bad opponents?
W0lf Crendraven
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#67 - 2013-08-17 14:51:32 UTC
Not saying its bad, just saying that those ships can win or at least force itoff.

A a heating talos burning away from the Nomen will track it nearly perfectly.
Kovorix
Matari Exodus
#68 - 2013-08-17 14:57:20 UTC
W0lf Crendraven wrote:
Not saying its bad, just saying that those ships can win or at least force itoff.

A a heating talos burning away from the Nomen will track it nearly perfectly.


Well it all depends on where and how the engagement starts, since the nomen had damned well better be heating too. Again not saying it's a sure thing, but it's a fight I would take every time.
IIFraII
The Red Circle Inc.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#69 - 2013-08-17 17:46:26 UTC
The video is great as always.
How you evaded the hurricane trying to peel you off the deimos is just sweet.

Glad you are back to making these =)
Ristlin Wakefield
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#70 - 2013-08-20 19:40:23 UTC
Nice video :D

I have a lover, her name is EVE. I see her every night and all she asks in return is that I have a pilot's license.

Thorn Galen
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
#71 - 2013-08-26 11:27:55 UTC
Excellent, thank you for sharing this.
+1
Maccian
Soul Takers
Pen Is Out
#72 - 2013-08-28 08:15:30 UTC
Great vid! Love the sound track, love Gramatik!

That poor curse almost had you, that was a great 1v1, real surprised you managed get enough cap from your booster to get those crucial reps and actually hit it in time.
Xtreem
Kiith Paktu
Already Replaced.
#73 - 2013-08-29 08:41:45 UTC
Nice vid :)
God's Apples
Genos Occidere
HYDRA RELOADED
#74 - 2013-09-01 03:01:06 UTC
Why did you try and brawl a drake and curse with a nomen?

"Hydra Reloaded are just jealous / butthurt on me / us because we can get tons of PVP action in empire while they aren't good enough to get that." - NightmareX

BBQ FTW
The Hatchery
#75 - 2013-09-01 12:08:47 UTC  |  Edited by: BBQ FTW
why not)))))

pretty sure in nomen vs curse you want to be at point-blank range - 0 km or 37.8 km, the curse will still be able to neut, so might as well do most damage.