These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page
 

Tranquility downtime extended due to startup issues

First post
Author
CCP Eterne
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2013-08-06 11:34:15 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Eterne
When attempting to restart Tranquility after this morning's downtime, we experienced issues that kept it from properly starting. We are currently working on resolving these issues and hope they will be resolved shortly. We apologize for any inconvenience.

EVE Online/DUST 514 Community Representative ※ EVE Illuminati ※ Fiction Adept

@CCP_Eterne ※ @EVE_LiveEvents

Luci Ambrye
The Service Crew
#2 - 2013-08-06 11:36:28 UTC
this has been going on for years, why havent you managed to fix it yet?
Bronco Platz
Doomheim
#3 - 2013-08-06 11:36:55 UTC
The hamsters again?

This signature is under NDA. Sorry.

Tyral Ahishatsu
Society of Free Thinkers
#4 - 2013-08-06 11:37:48 UTC
Because it's likely embedded in core code that will take a full rewrite to fix the issue.

Sit back and watch a tv show man.
MainDrain
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2013-08-06 11:38:27 UTC
Luci Ambrye wrote:
this has been going on for years, why havent you managed to fix it yet?


I wouldn't say years at all!

This issue appears to be reasonably new, maybe 4-5 weeks or so. CCP Explorer (correct me if i'm wrong i know you will read this!) said just this weekend that work is ongoing to solve the auto startup issues the TQ server is suffering from.

In short. extra DT means you can have a shower and eat, and not have to chose between the two
Migetsub Arji
Caldari Salvage Mining And Manufacturing
#6 - 2013-08-06 11:39:32 UTC
stop russling my jimmies EVE
Luci Ambrye
The Service Crew
#7 - 2013-08-06 11:40:20 UTC
MainDrain wrote:
Luci Ambrye wrote:
this has been going on for years, why havent you managed to fix it yet?


I wouldn't say years at all!

This issue appears to be reasonably new, maybe 4-5 weeks or so. CCP Explorer (correct me if i'm wrong i know you will read this!) said just this weekend that work is ongoing to solve the auto startup issues the TQ server is suffering from.

In short. extra DT means you can have a shower and eat, and not have to chose between the two


What? 4-5 weeks? get real. Startup loops have been going on for at least 3 years to my knowledge.
Scoota 2
State War Academy
Caldari State
#8 - 2013-08-06 11:42:51 UTC
They add and change things all the time man, It's not the same problem every time, anything could stop it from starting.

I guess if they stopped giving us expansions and fixing problems then they would start perfectly every time
Senn Denroth
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#9 - 2013-08-06 11:43:14 UTC
CCP Eterne wrote:
When attempting to restart Tranquility after this morning's downtime, we experienced issues that kept it from properly starting. We are currently working on resolving these issues and hope they will be resolved shortly. We apologize for any inconvenience.


Punched the above in to google translate and came out with this -

"We pressed the wrong button and we are going to give you all 100,000 SP because your characters got deleted"
Red Sinkers
Screaming Clams
#10 - 2013-08-06 11:43:27 UTC
Move DT to Northern hemi so they can get a feeling of these constant hiccups Twisted
Kosomot
Player Vs Ore
#11 - 2013-08-06 11:43:54 UTC
*stares* blankly at screen.

I would care a whole lot less i was in a different TZ.

Hmm...let's go take a look at that 'outside' that everyone keeps talking about.


....time passes....
.........

hmmm not bad, ok...now gimme ma EVE.

I am a miner, mission runner, and explorer...

or as EVE Online would have it...

A Carebear!!

MainDrain
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2013-08-06 11:45:08 UTC
Luci Ambrye wrote:
MainDrain wrote:
Luci Ambrye wrote:
this has been going on for years, why havent you managed to fix it yet?


I wouldn't say years at all!

This issue appears to be reasonably new, maybe 4-5 weeks or so. CCP Explorer (correct me if i'm wrong i know you will read this!) said just this weekend that work is ongoing to solve the auto startup issues the TQ server is suffering from.

In short. extra DT means you can have a shower and eat, and not have to chose between the two


What? 4-5 weeks? get real. Startup loops have been going on for at least 3 years to my knowledge.


I was referring to this new issue. There have been periods of start-up problems, and then months can go by without a single issue, but people tend to forget that. As Scoota said adding new things to fix in game issues etc can cause issues like this. Take into account that a number of employees are on their summer vacation at the moment, less staff may mean it's slower to get to route of issue.

arria Auscent
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2013-08-06 11:45:14 UTC
take the hamsters out a shove one of the devs in till you fix the issue
Vasilissa Dragomere
Veni Vidi Vici Reloaded
#14 - 2013-08-06 11:45:49 UTC
Bronco Platz
Doomheim
#15 - 2013-08-06 11:46:23 UTC
I tried this "outside" long time ago. Way to bright and hot...

This signature is under NDA. Sorry.

arria Auscent
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2013-08-06 11:47:31 UTC
Bronco Platz wrote:
I tried this "outside" long time ago. Way to bright and hot...


and you have to wear pants too
tehleetchick
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#17 - 2013-08-06 11:47:55 UTC
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#18 - 2013-08-06 11:48:30 UTC
have you tried turning it off and on agai-- oh startup issues right
ceilicafast
Van Diemen's Demise
Northern Coalition.
#19 - 2013-08-06 11:51:04 UTC
So, once again we long suffering aussie's (and others...) suffer extended downtime.
Lovely.
Cost reductions for game time or reimbursments should be discussed.


eve-bet.com
Red Sinkers
Screaming Clams
#20 - 2013-08-06 11:52:57 UTC
arria Auscent wrote:
Bronco Platz wrote:
I tried this "outside" long time ago. Way to bright and hot...


and you have to wear pants too


No you don't? Cool
123Next page