These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Alliance Tournament Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

I find your lack of female commentators...disturbing

Author
Flowstone
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-08-03 18:43:52 UTC
ATX pulled in a lot of the CCP employees and gave them face time that I think they deserve, which I havn't seen in this Alliance tournament. It's been some fairly good commentators on the matches, with Frank Mir clone Bachanallian, yet I find the lack of some of the talented female CCP employeees lacking. For example I found CCP_Punkturis's personality, accent, and input very positive to the previous alliance tournament presentation. Just wondering if we will see more of a diverse CCP lineup on the public scene in the future?
Tiberious Thessalonia
True Slave Foundations
Monyusaiya Industry Trade Group
#2 - 2013-08-03 19:26:13 UTC
Flowstone wrote:
ATX pulled in a lot of the CCP employees and gave them face time that I think they deserve, which I havn't seen in this Alliance tournament. It's been some fairly good commentators on the matches, with Frank Mir clone Bachanallian, yet I find the lack of some of the talented female CCP employeees lacking. For example I found CCP_Punkturis's personality, accent, and input very positive to the previous alliance tournament presentation. Just wondering if we will see more of a diverse CCP lineup on the public scene in the future?


Punkturis is on maternity leave, afaik. So, you know, bit unfair to say "Leave your kid behind and come in and talk about spaceships"
Webb Mordock
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#3 - 2013-08-03 19:28:44 UTC
They typically only have those people in the final day. I'm sure the last day will see an interview with Hilmar, some preview videos of things to come, behind the scenes videos, etc. The last day is 30% eve tournament 70% eve advertisement (which isn't a bad thing, really).
Flowstone
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2013-08-03 19:30:42 UTC
Tiberious Thessalonia wrote:
Flowstone wrote:
ATX pulled in a lot of the CCP employees and gave them face time that I think they deserve, which I havn't seen in this Alliance tournament. It's been some fairly good commentators on the matches, with Frank Mir clone Bachanallian, yet I find the lack of some of the talented female CCP employeees lacking. For example I found CCP_Punkturis's personality, accent, and input very positive to the previous alliance tournament presentation. Just wondering if we will see more of a diverse CCP lineup on the public scene in the future?


Punkturis is on maternity leave, afaik. So, you know, bit unfair to say "Leave your kid behind and come in and talk about spaceships"


While that may be true, I'm sure she's not the only female in CCP and it would be really cool fore everybody if more people got some facetime on public broadcast.
IamBeastx
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2013-08-03 19:45:38 UTC
Only if they know what there talking about, outside of that it don't matter the gender.

All my life i wanted to be someone, now i know i should have been more specific.

Hehaw Jimbojohnson
Dromedaworks inc
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#6 - 2013-08-03 21:00:37 UTC
Be careful what you ask for. They might decide to put Mintchip on, and that wouldn't be good for viewer retention.
Rengas
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#7 - 2013-08-03 22:51:19 UTC
Hehaw Jimbojohnson wrote:
Be careful what you ask for. They might decide to put Mintchip on, and that wouldn't be good for viewer retention.

Speak for yourself.

I'll watch mintchip over sweaty men any day.
Literally Space Moses
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#8 - 2013-08-03 23:00:00 UTC
Flowstone wrote:
Tiberious Thessalonia wrote:
Flowstone wrote:
ATX pulled in a lot of the CCP employees and gave them face time that I think they deserve, which I havn't seen in this Alliance tournament. It's been some fairly good commentators on the matches, with Frank Mir clone Bachanallian, yet I find the lack of some of the talented female CCP employeees lacking. For example I found CCP_Punkturis's personality, accent, and input very positive to the previous alliance tournament presentation. Just wondering if we will see more of a diverse CCP lineup on the public scene in the future?


Punkturis is on maternity leave, afaik. So, you know, bit unfair to say "Leave your kid behind and come in and talk about spaceships"


While that may be true, I'm sure she's not the only female in CCP and it would be really cool fore everybody if more people got some facetime on public broadcast.


It's a volunteer job, all CCP employees working there are doing so because they volunteered. I'm sure if some of the female staff asked to be on camera for the AT, CCP would be happy to oblige them, but them forcing women to come in and work on weekends for the sake of diversity strikes me as wrong.

#T2013

Alphea Abbra
Project Promethion
#9 - 2013-08-03 23:05:22 UTC
Rengas wrote:
Hehaw Jimbojohnson wrote:
Be careful what you ask for. They might decide to put Mintchip on, and that wouldn't be good for viewer retention.

Speak for yourself.

I'll watch mintchip over sweaty men any day.
Yeah, but what if she tries to say something?
Let her stay whereever she is currently so that we don't have to bother with anything.

IamBeastx makes an excellent point. Read that.Smile
Kithrus
Tzedakah
Aegis Militia
#10 - 2013-08-03 23:12:24 UTC
I really am running out of patients for such feminism. How about we get people who want to/have the talent to do the job yes? I find filling some arbitrary ratio or race/gender/religion/sexual preference what have you entirely and mentally bull crap.

Baring about slippy slopes such quotas do no one not such good. You want diversity? Promote those who are in minority to step forward if thats what they want and then (and this is important) leave those who are doing their job well currently alone.

Ask yourself this:

If there was some magical world that existed where there was equal number of all represented would those currently representing CCP be doing a good job. If the answer is yes then leave them to that.

If Hon, or league of legions, smite, warcraft arena, starcraft, quake (what have you just pick one) had an entire lesbian female Muslim cast hosts would I be in my right to go to their show and demand some white straight male christian be added to their show?

Darkness is more then absence of light, it is ignorance and corruption. I will be the Bulwark from such things that you may live in the light. Pray so my arms do not grow weary and my footing remain sure.

If you are brave, join me in the dark.

Sir Spottington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#11 - 2013-08-03 23:17:05 UTC
Kithrus wrote:


would I be in my right to go to their show and demand some white straight male christian be added to their show?



dont be silly, equality doesnt work that way....
Johnson 1044
Johnson Organic Produce
#12 - 2013-08-04 01:59:39 UTC
I would imagine that most woman would want nothing to do with being a public personality for this (or any) game due to a certain segment of the user base being misogynistic creepers.
Soul-on-Ice
Ice Fire Warriors
#13 - 2013-08-04 09:45:03 UTC
ok....agreed i could go for a little eye candy.

then again, im pretty pissed off the transgender community wasnt represented. Come on Fozzie show it to us.

moar qq.
Bacchanalian
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#14 - 2013-08-04 10:19:28 UTC
Flowstone wrote:
ATX pulled in a lot of the CCP employees and gave them face time that I think they deserve, which I havn't seen in this Alliance tournament. It's been some fairly good commentators on the matches, with Frank Mir clone Bachanallian, yet I find the lack of some of the talented female CCP employeees lacking. For example I found CCP_Punkturis's personality, accent, and input very positive to the previous alliance tournament presentation. Just wondering if we will see more of a diverse CCP lineup on the public scene in the future?


CCP Sunset has been on in the past as well, but's quite pregnant at the moment. She was in the studio on the first day to say hi and wish us all luck. I'm sure she'll be back next year.

And Frank Mir? I love it, that one's new. I'll assure everyone that the resemblance is even stronger when I'm shirtless. Definitely. No doubt about it! Big smile
Ap0ca1yp53
EFFECTS.
#15 - 2013-08-04 12:33:42 UTC
While there is a lack of females it is because the last one they had to cover the Alliance Tournament caused lasting damage and was a life-like version of tricia takanawa.
Sarmatiko
#16 - 2013-08-04 14:20:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Sarmatiko
OP just watch russian stream where CCP Leeloo is commenting. It doesn't matter if you don't understand a single word of russian language, because obviously, quality of commenting is the last thing that you want from AT streams. Straight
Invisusira
Pentag Blade
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#17 - 2013-08-04 17:25:41 UTC
Hehaw Jimbojohnson wrote:
Be careful what you ask for. They might decide to put Mintchip on, and that wouldn't be good for viewer retention.

oh god please no :( :( :(
Willy Eckerslike
Explo Ding
#18 - 2013-08-05 08:22:40 UTC
Women commentators? Can you imagine what the Space-nerds will type in the live stream chat? They are immature enough in their comments against a full male crew!!
Karak Terrel
Foundation for CODE and THE NEW ORDER
#19 - 2013-08-05 09:22:08 UTC
Kithrus wrote:
I really am running out of patients for such feminism. How about we get people who want to/have the talent to do the job yes? I find filling some arbitrary ratio or race/gender/religion/sexual preference what have you entirely and mentally bull crap.

Baring about slippy slopes such quotas do no one not such good. You want diversity? Promote those who are in minority to step forward if thats what they want and then (and this is important) leave those who are doing their job well currently alone.


Feminism is about equal opportunities and against sexism (discrimination by gender) and not about ratios or some bull crap. gender ratios are by definition sexist. Read up on what they actually say, you may find out it's exactly what you talked about.
Alphea Abbra
Project Promethion
#20 - 2013-08-05 13:15:54 UTC
Karak Terrel wrote:
Kithrus wrote:
I really am running out of patients for such feminism. How about we get people who want to/have the talent to do the job yes? I find filling some arbitrary ratio or race/gender/religion/sexual preference what have you entirely and mentally bull crap.

Baring about slippy slopes such quotas do no one not such good. You want diversity? Promote those who are in minority to step forward if thats what they want and then (and this is important) leave those who are doing their job well currently alone.


Feminism is about equal opportunities and against sexism (discrimination by gender) and not about ratios or some bull crap. gender ratios are by definition sexist. Read up on what they actually say, you may find out it's exactly what you talked about.
You're right, by definition. But the majority of white knights (Check for instance the +theism movement) is not that.
The gender ratios, the fixation on white middleclass women and female superiority is not what the original (And defining) feminism movements were about, but it is becoming the most visible face of "feminism" today - and especially so on the internet.
12Next page