These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12
 

Sleeper Site on Anomalous Terrestrial Planet -- Initial Survey Report

Author
Esna Pitoojee
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#21 - 2013-07-17 00:20:54 UTC
I have to wonder, considering the rather specific and distinct warning left in this exact spot, did no one perhaps consider that total isolation and observation from a distance might have been a good idea, and that going down in person might have been bloody bad one?! I mean, seriously, where the hell do you people get your capsuleer licenses? The Academy of Let's-Ignore-Danger-Signs?

"Hey, here's an environment with an unknown variety of nanite, which is apparently highly active and operating under unknown protocols! Let's expose ourselves to it and see what happens!" That alone should have thrown up ridiculous warning signs for you all - oh, but who am I kidding. Please, go ahead and huff a cloud of said nanites. Don't blame me when wierd and unknown nanites decide to mess with your head, though.
Liuni Kalthis
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2013-07-17 01:59:51 UTC
As you all have been made aware the contact between Andrea and her research team with an unknown infectious material has unfortunately occurred, but emergency protocols we have put into place prevented the loss of life and spread of the infectious agent.

Our personnel have been successfully recovered and are currently undergoing decontamination procedures. To make sure the infection no longer poses a risk the site has been void then thermal bombed and so has the same sort of munitions been used at the colony site; making sure no matter what, the incident is contained.

Thank you for your time, kind words of worry, and the help of the more scientific minded though this process.

--Liuni Kalthis
Shintoko Akahoshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2013-07-17 04:19:13 UTC
Liuni Kalthis wrote:
Our personnel have been successfully recovered and are currently undergoing decontamination procedures. To make sure the infection no longer poses a risk the site has been void then thermal bombed and so has the same sort of munitions been used at the colony site; making sure no matter what, the incident is contained.


Or at least contained so long as the ground team remains in isolation.

Considering their inability to detect the threat before exposure, I'm not confident that they will not be carriers once they're released from decontamination. I'd like to request that trustworthy third parties supervise the decontamination.

Bio and writing

(Nothing I say is indicative of corporate policy unless otherwise stated)

Andrea Okazon
Laurentson INC
#24 - 2013-07-17 14:16:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Andrea Okazon
Shintoko Akahoshi wrote:
Liuni Kalthis wrote:
Our personnel have been successfully recovered and are currently undergoing decontamination procedures. To make sure the infection no longer poses a risk the site has been void then thermal bombed and so has the same sort of munitions been used at the colony site; making sure no matter what, the incident is contained.


Or at least contained so long as the ground team remains in isolation.

Considering their inability to detect the threat before exposure, I'm not confident that they will not be carriers once they're released from decontamination. I'd like to request that trustworthy third parties supervise the decontamination.


Still alive. Not crazy anymore.

While it would be just my luck to be blindsided twice, I don't think there was any infection in a traditional sense. Feel like a damned fool anyway, but we weren't so silly as to track nanomachines all over our house.

We weren't crawling with anything, we seem to have been the target of... transmissions or something. Directed waves. Hell if I know, I'm not going back to find out.

Once everyone is satisfied I'm not going to chew my own arms off anymore I'm taking a vacation. My next scientific report is going to be about, I don't know... making home-made yoghurt out of JitaMoo! for Clones! or something.
Andrea Okazon
Laurentson INC
#25 - 2013-07-17 14:16:42 UTC
Repeat post.
Scherezad
Revenent Defence Corperation
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#26 - 2013-07-17 14:43:17 UTC
The LDRBC labs have been contracted to provide third party examinations of the recovery and decontamination procedures on ALXVP's recent expedition team. This will take a small amount of time, and we will be subcontracting members within Todaki SAK and members of the Khanid Royal Institute of Technology to assist with areas outside of our purview. I personally will be responsible as liaison to ALXVP as well as conducting some amount of co-ordination between the teams.

First glance at the decontamination procedures undertaken is that they have been thorough to the point of excess. I've never seen a quantum loop signature analysis conducted in searching for 'nanites', but ALXVP has gone though the pains of a complete pass under an RTEM. My sympathies to the expedition team, that must have been very uncomfortable.

I will post our findings as they become available.
Anslo
Scope Works
#27 - 2013-07-17 14:50:52 UTC
What did we learn today kids?
Never follow Istvaan's advice, especially if it involves sticks.

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Andrea Okazon
Laurentson INC
#28 - 2013-07-17 14:54:51 UTC
Scherezad wrote:
First glance at the decontamination procedures undertaken is that they have been thorough to the point of excess. I've never seen a quantum loop signature analysis conducted in searching for 'nanites', but ALXVP has gone though the pains of a complete pass under an RTEM. My sympathies to the expedition team, that must have been very uncomfortable.


I now have boundless sympathy for microwaved pizzas, and pledge myself to ending their oppression.
Streya Jormagdnir
Alexylva Paradox
#29 - 2013-07-18 04:25:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Streya Jormagdnir
Andrea Okazon wrote:
The funny thing is that we've caught this guy on camera... a few times now, and I'm pretty sure he's not actually reacting to us. His motions seem repetitive every time he shows up; he always walks to the shuttle, pauses, looks into the distance and then goes inside.

No more messages from our missing precursors, yet.


Interesting that the figure only showed up on ladar sensors. Also interesting that the figure seems to repeat motions. Have you checked the area for any holoprojectors? This could very well be a malfunctioning holoprojector with some sort of message on a loop, left behind by the stranded crews of the previous capsuleer expedition. If this is so, perhaps we can learn more about the oddities of the site?

Edit: Nevermind, I was just reminded that the site was void bombed. Unfortunate! I think we could have learned more.

I am also a human, straggling between the present world... and our future. I am a regulator, a coordinator, one who is meant to guide the way.

Destination Unreachable: the worst Wspace blog ever

Siobhan MacLeary
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#30 - 2013-07-22 15:36:30 UTC
Constantly Outraged Sebiestor wrote:
Mysterious Sleeper planetary structures, when Sleeper things have only ever been seen in space before?
Creepy Amarrian ghost ships with no crew, and sinister messages ?

Sounds like the plot for a blockbuster action holo-film.


It does sound a bit far-fetched, I admit, but stranger things have happened in w-space. Once ran across an Amarrian task force doing...something in one of the Data Field structures.

Naturally I was cloaked and they didn't see me, but the strangest thing is Sleeper drones were completely ignoring the Amarrians.

Point out to me a person who has been harmed by an AFK cloaker and I will point out a person who has no business playing this game.” - CCP Soundwave

Amseln deBrabant
Ochsenbruegger
#31 - 2013-07-23 11:25:17 UTC
its a shame the site has been bombed before it was investigated more. "Who doesn't know history is doomed to repeat it"
Istvaan Shogaatsu
Guiding Hand Social Club
#32 - 2013-07-23 12:51:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Istvaan Shogaatsu
Amseln deBrabant wrote:
its a shame the site has been bombed before it was investigated more. "Who doesn't know history is doomed to repeat it"


The ones who know history best of all, choose to repeat it too. At certain levels, wiping the slate clean becomes practical.
Amseln deBrabant
Ochsenbruegger
#33 - 2013-07-23 13:16:34 UTC
who know history has at least a choice, even if he wants to repeat it.

To clean up things maybe only practical and usefull for those who know what exactly was there.....
Andrea Okazon
Laurentson INC
#34 - 2013-07-23 17:27:37 UTC
Well, the great thing about living in the age of information is that you have a lot of proxies left over to make educated guesses from, even if you nuked the original.
Previous page12