These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

help need lads /lasses mods please dont move this to oope for 24 hrs

First post
Author
jason hill
Red vs Blue Flight Academy
#1 - 2013-07-12 15:36:59 UTC
I KNOW THIS THREAD BELONGS OOPE .... but its the best shot ive got

this is a shout out to the whole community .as I know you lot are the harshest most techno savvy mofos on the planet

does anyone know about [b ]Citrix thin clients and fat clients [/b]

reason is ...I`ve been offered a job interview for a team lead role 1st line support for Citrix.
problem is my skillset is primarily based on team lead on M$ server and desktop I`ve used many 3rd party utilities in my 15 years of infrastructure support ....but I`ve never used Citrix Roll
I`ve used many 3rd party apps .... but this isn't one of them .

so what I`m asking essentially is this ...
what`s good ...what`s bad suggestions best practice and all that stuff.. ideas post them here .

essentially I think I just need enough info and or links that can be read in a language that a human being can understand before my job interview is confirmed sometime next week .

like I said mods just leave it here for 24 hrs ...at least I can get the best advice beforehand

silly stuff like Citrix is good as a 3rd party tool for X ...but its really crap for that ....but post your evidence so if im asked and cite examples ...

Ive been unemployed since fanfest and I haven't had very many interviews so any CONSTRUCTIVE opinions about this personal please
Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2013-07-12 15:42:36 UTC
jason hill wrote:
reason is ...I`ve been offered a job interview for a team lead role 1st line support for Citrix.
problem is my skillset is primarily based on team lead on M$ server and desktop I`ve used many 3rd party utilities in my 15 years of infrastructure support ....but I`ve never used Citrix Roll


jason hill wrote:
essentially I think I just need enough info and or links that can be read in a language that a human being can understand before my job interview is confirmed sometime next week .


OMG.

Time to go play the game...

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

Feer Truelight
#3 - 2013-07-12 15:48:29 UTC
Heard of Google? It's a search engine where you can look up stuff.
Exactly what you desperately need!

To be 100% safe here is the link: http://google.com

8/7/2006 3:39:36 PM UTC FreeCCP Promotional Game Time 7 Days Paid

6/1/2012 5:48:57 PM UTC PayPal 1 x 1 Month EVE Subscription + Signup €19.95 Paid

CCP took 6 years to convert me to a (still) paying subscriber :)

jason hill
Red vs Blue Flight Academy
#4 - 2013-07-12 15:52:28 UTC
stupid boy ...im asking for advice from peeps that actually use it in their day to day jobs What?

did you read the fkn post ?
Private Pineapple
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2013-07-12 16:08:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Private Pineapple
Pathetic. If you can't learn a language on your own or even do basic research to answer your own questions, what business do you have working in this field?

And from your condescending, ignorant response to Feer Truelight's correct reply to your post, I doubt no one will help you.

.

Tron 3K
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2013-07-12 17:13:06 UTC
TL:DR...... Was there a company said in that bullsh1t? If so someone contact them asap and tell them not to hire this moron.. Also if this is trolling.. smh..
Alternate Poster
Zerious Fricken Biziness
#7 - 2013-07-12 17:20:34 UTC
jason hill wrote:


essentially I think I just need enough info and or links that can be read in a language that a human being can understand before my job interview is confirmed sometime next week .



You are wrong.
jason hill
Red vs Blue Flight Academy
#8 - 2013-07-12 17:21:31 UTC
then obviously I am
Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#9 - 2013-07-12 17:27:46 UTC
TLDR : Help me get an IRL job because I don't know **** about the position offered to me.
Plastic Psycho
Necro-Economics
#10 - 2013-07-12 17:31:33 UTC
You're not hired.

Any 1st-line support tech that can't manage to look this stuff up on his own is not, in fact, a tech. Of any nature.
jason hill
Red vs Blue Flight Academy
#11 - 2013-07-12 17:35:29 UTC
I think what I meant to have said is I will be looking after 4 other chaps that have an in depth knowledge of said application which I obviously don't have ...I come from a windows server /desktop environment supporting and mentoring the peeps that sit in front of me and that are doing the hard graft ..im just being interviewed for the role as their team lead

I don't require an absaloute inside out knowledge of the application itself ..that's not what the role is about but it would be handy if someone has some decent google youtube links on how a novice like myself would use the application on a day to day basis so that it would at least give me a heads up ...google and you tube are good ....but in their case its often too much info on what you don't need to know ...and not enough of what you should

ive done quite a few years of team lead but its been always on M$ environments ..

I`ve never seen citrix and just need guidance on how the product works and what is actually does

that was the essence of my post


jason hill
Red vs Blue Flight Academy
#12 - 2013-07-12 17:36:23 UTC
Plastic Psycho wrote:
You're not hired.

Any 1st-line support tech that can't manage to look this stuff up on his own is not, in fact, a tech. Of any nature.



they only told me it was citrix this afternoon ...there was no mention prior
Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#13 - 2013-07-12 17:37:58 UTC
jason hill wrote:
I think what I meant to have said is I will be looking after 4 other chaps that have an in depth knowledge of said application which I obviously don't have ...I come from a windows server /desktop environment supporting and mentoring the peeps that sit in front of me and that are doing the hard graft ..im just being interviewed for the role as their team lead

I don't require an absaloute inside out knowledge of the application itself ..that's not what the role is about but it would be handy if someone has some decent google youtube links on how a novice like myself would use the application on a day to day basis so that it would at least give me a heads up ...google and you tube are good ....but in their case its often too much info on what you don't need to know ...and not enough of what you should

ive done quite a few years of team lead but its been always on M$ environments ..

I`ve never seen citrix and just need guidance on how the product works and what is actually does

that was the essence of my post





TLDR :effort:
jason hill
Red vs Blue Flight Academy
#14 - 2013-07-12 17:40:57 UTC
lol... and I thought OOPE was bad ...Big smile
Plastic Psycho
Necro-Economics
#15 - 2013-07-12 17:41:27 UTC
jason hill wrote:
Plastic Psycho wrote:
You're not hired.

Any 1st-line support tech that can't manage to look this stuff up on his own is not, in fact, a tech. Of any nature.



they only told me it was citrix this afternoon ...there was no mention prior

Citrix ICA is an industry standard. There's no mystery to it. Any tech should be able to come up with far more material on it than you can read in a week with one or two searches. The fact that you seem unaware of that indicates a gaping hole in your knowledge base.

Get yer fingers busy.
Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2013-07-12 17:47:12 UTC
jason hill wrote:
lol... and I thought OOPE was bad ...Big smile


Java.
Java.
Java.

Ugh

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

jason hill
Red vs Blue Flight Academy
#17 - 2013-07-12 17:48:12 UTC
Plastic Psycho wrote:
jason hill wrote:
Plastic Psycho wrote:
You're not hired.

Any 1st-line support tech that can't manage to look this stuff up on his own is not, in fact, a tech. Of any nature.



they only told me it was citrix this afternoon ...there was no mention prior

Citrix ICA is an industry standard. There's no mystery to it. Any tech should be able to come up with far more material on it than you can read in a week with one or two searches. The fact that you seem unaware of that indicates a gaping hole in your knowledge base.

Get yer fingers busy.



which is very true as I understand it ...but ive worked mainly in the government ...and its not well used

its GOV practice to be at least MCP MSCE MCSD certified .. but it apparently overnight seems that private companies now appear to want COMPTIA accreditations ...change for the sake of change ?.

as far as I understand it compTIA is a watered down version ?
Plastic Psycho
Necro-Economics
#18 - 2013-07-12 17:58:02 UTC
jason hill wrote:
Plastic Psycho wrote:
jason hill wrote:
Plastic Psycho wrote:
You're not hired.

Any 1st-line support tech that can't manage to look this stuff up on his own is not, in fact, a tech. Of any nature.



they only told me it was citrix this afternoon ...there was no mention prior

Citrix ICA is an industry standard. There's no mystery to it. Any tech should be able to come up with far more material on it than you can read in a week with one or two searches. The fact that you seem unaware of that indicates a gaping hole in your knowledge base.

Get yer fingers busy.



which is very true as I understand it ...but ive worked mainly in the government ...and its not well used

its GOV practice to be at least MCP MSCE MCSD certified .. but it apparently overnight seems that private companies now appear to want COMPTIA accreditations ...change for the sake of change ?.

as far as I understand it compTIA is a watered down version ?

IME, the MS certs tend to be a bit... over-the-top. Basic competence, familiarity with the tools, an ability and *willingness* to learn are the things I look for in a new hire. All the rest is negotiable, based on interview and history.

The less you know, the more impressive your interview skills will need to be...
Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2013-07-12 18:02:34 UTC
jason hill wrote:
its GOV practice to be at least MCP MSCE MCSD certified ..


Why governments are broken.

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

RomeStar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#20 - 2013-07-12 18:06:29 UTC  |  Edited by: RomeStar
HAHAHA INB4L The world needs ditch diggers too.

Signatured removed, CCP Phantom

12Next page