These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

CSM Malcanis what is your problem ?

First post First post First post
Author
Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#141 - 2013-07-09 12:58:21 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
WE elected him as a whole because the playerbase were the voters. He got enough vote to be elected wich mean the playerbase wanted him.


Not me, so don't add me to that equation.

I don't support broken systems. I also don't support things that's detrimental to a game, either.

I pay to have the best, not throw money away.

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#142 - 2013-07-09 13:00:22 UTC
Bi-Mi Lansatha wrote:
Frostys Virpio wrote:

If the playerbase though they would not be correctly be represented by these, they should of voted for others or run for CSM themself. The whole point of the election is just that.
Where did you come by that? There is no requirement that they represent the players.... none.


Of course we can't force them to represent us but we ahve the power to put others in thier place if we think they won't. Just like when I vote for federal or provincial election where I live. The guys I am voting for is the one I think will represent me the best. If he does not, them I am free to vote someone else next election.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#143 - 2013-07-09 13:01:26 UTC
Ace Uoweme wrote:
Frostys Virpio wrote:
WE elected him as a whole because the playerbase were the voters. He got enough vote to be elected wich mean the playerbase wanted him.


Not me, so don't add me to that equation.

I don't support broken systems. I also don't support things that's detrimental to a game, either.

I pay to have the best, not throw money away.


Says the person who almost never stops talking about WoW... Yeah, you pay to have the best alright. Roll

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

DED Capsuleer
DED Drug Enforcement Department
#144 - 2013-07-09 13:03:51 UTC
Ace Uoweme wrote:
Frostys Virpio wrote:
WE elected him as a whole because the playerbase were the voters. He got enough vote to be elected wich mean the playerbase wanted him.


Not me, so don't add me to that equation.

I don't support broken systems. I also don't support things that's detrimental to a game, either.

I pay to have the best, not throw money away.
Obviously the CSM member you voted for is doing a bullshit job, don't blame those who are representing their voters just fine.
Mytai Gengod
Sebees
#145 - 2013-07-09 13:05:39 UTC
I completely agree. There are a number of veteran posters here that, while they can be helpful, nearly every posts now days are dripping with bitter sarcasm and disdain for any newer player questions and suggestions.

I understand many of these newer player comments and suggestions have been posted repeatedly, but if it bothers you that much, just don't comment. No one really wants to read your condescending posts, even if you end up being accidentally helpful. Take a break or a xanax or something.
Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#146 - 2013-07-09 13:05:44 UTC
Ace Uoweme wrote:
Frostys Virpio wrote:
WE elected him as a whole because the playerbase were the voters. He got enough vote to be elected wich mean the playerbase wanted him.


Not me, so don't add me to that equation.

I don't support broken systems. I also don't support things that's detrimental to a game, either.

I pay to have the best, not throw money away.


You are being stupid. You had all the power available to you to prevent his election so by not accomplishing that goal, you participated in his election. If you wanted someone else as a representative, it was YOUR job to work toward the election of other candidates. If you didn't vote like I suspect you did, you made his election that much easyer.

And if you didn't vote, STFU. You enver bought your right to ***** about the people who got elected.
Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#147 - 2013-07-09 13:06:44 UTC
DED Capsuleer wrote:
Obviously the CSM member you voted for is doing a bullshit job, don't blame those who are representing their voters just fine.


In RL, I've been voting since I was 17. In EvE, I will never vote for a system that's even worse than the US two party politics.

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#148 - 2013-07-09 13:07:53 UTC
Mytai Gengod wrote:
I completely agree. There are a number of veteran posters here that, while they can be helpful, nearly every posts now days are dripping with bitter sarcasm and disdain for any newer player questions and suggestions.

I understand many of these newer player comments and suggestions have been posted repeatedly, but if it bothers you that much, just don't comment. No one really wants to read your condescending posts, even if you end up being accidentally helpful. Take a break or a xanax or something.


Or the newbs getting ripped appart could use the search function... Cuz that damn exploit BS thread dosen't come every other week right?
Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#149 - 2013-07-09 13:09:19 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
You are being stupid.


Nope...wiser.

Frostys Virpio wrote:
You had all the power available


What power again? CSMs have zero power. No gaming company is so foolish to let the mob run it.

It's a show piece for ePeeners...and we see by how much too!

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#150 - 2013-07-09 13:09:20 UTC
Ace Uoweme wrote:
DED Capsuleer wrote:
Obviously the CSM member you voted for is doing a bullshit job, don't blame those who are representing their voters just fine.


In RL, I've been voting since I was 17. In EvE, I will never vote for a system that's even worse than the US two party politics.


"I didn't use any of the power I had to select my representative but I'm gonna ***** about the one I got."

Great way of thinking.
Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#151 - 2013-07-09 13:13:07 UTC
Ace Uoweme wrote:
Frostys Virpio wrote:
You are being stupid.


Nope...wiser.

Frostys Virpio wrote:
You had all the power available


What power again? CSMs have zero power. No gaming company is so foolish to let the mob run it.

It's a show piece for ePeeners...and we see by how much too!


Continue beliving that. In the meantime, we will get changes to the game that makes sense and make it better instead of a bunch of pubbies' ideas that would break it.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#152 - 2013-07-09 13:14:13 UTC
Ace Uoweme wrote:
Frostys Virpio wrote:
You are being stupid.


Nope...wiser.

Frostys Virpio wrote:
You had all the power available


What power again? CSMs have zero power. No gaming company is so foolish to let the mob run it.

It's a show piece for ePeeners...and we see by how much too!


Keep on telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

We'll be over here, getting stuff done.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Bi-Mi Lansatha
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#153 - 2013-07-09 13:18:48 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:

For a representative on the CSM. Ya know, the whole reason why the election happen, so the players can choose who will represent them in front of CCP?
Again this represent word?

Has your representative asked you your opinion or views on any issue? Have the CSM as a whole polled the player base on what they want? Did they come to the player with changes CCP was thinking of making and getting our opinion? I see no representation at all in CSM.

For me, I voted for Technical Experts to interface with CCP. Ones I felt were either knowledgeable or brought something to the table. I would have voted for mynnna (Goonswarm and evil of course), if I didn't already believe they were a lock. In game Mynnna would destroy my ships, take all my ISK, and the probably find some way to erase my skill points, but... he knows part of this game that very few do. In his area he is an expert.

He sure doesn't represent me.
Echo Echoplex
#154 - 2013-07-09 13:20:11 UTC
Am I misunderstanding something here? So someone gets scammed and calls it an exploit. Pages fill with vet players and a couple of CSMs, including the one in question, explaining to the OP that it is in fact, NOT an exploit. OP continues to say it is over and over again, even after a Dev comes in and makes it crystal clear he is wrong and that it is NOT an exploit period. Said CSM, rather than elaborate in a thread already filled with elaborate explanations, cuts to the chase.


Meanwhile:

Maldiro Selkurk wrote:
Q 5 wrote:
Geez it's only a small infraction let's not rip the mans balls for being human...you chimps sit down and have a bananaRoll


Had this been his first such post then perhaps I can see your point but if you are a regular forum reader you will see such postings by him repeatedly.

And no I'm not going to search the entirety of every thread in every forum looking for past examples of such behavior.


You start a thread calling for someone's JOB and aren't even willing to offer any justification for it beyond not liking his posting style? This is silly.




Untutored courage is useless in the face of educated bullets. Gen. George S. Patton

Leigh Akiga
Kuhri Innovations
#155 - 2013-07-09 13:20:33 UTC
no cussing pls
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#156 - 2013-07-09 13:22:36 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Ace Uoweme wrote:
KuroVolt wrote:
Malcanis telling it for what it is and people getting mad over it.

Does being CSM somehow mean they all have to wear suits and end every sentence with the word *sir*?


Someone claimed the average age in EvE of it's players is 38 years-old (I'm closer to 50).

Mal is 23, and acts everything like that 13 year-old cousin that visits, that you want to leave like yesterday.

Which shows even on the behavioral level, he's not suited for the job.

And adults don't prefer kids telling them what to do, especially if they're this unwise.

23 year-old competent guy, sure. Someone who has the social skillset to actually be a politician.


I'm 41, and I'm no politician. I disclaimed any intention to run for re-election in my campaign thread, and I ran on a platform of being exactly who I am, take it or leave it.


yea please leave Malcanis, you are just wrong for that position, and you give other jounger players the wrong impression how to act in forums and in the game, you are one reason this is such an unpolite environement


Did you vote?


its easy to bullshit around and have some kids vote for you, its much harder to achieve something meaningful with integrity
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#157 - 2013-07-09 13:25:08 UTC
Bi-Mi Lansatha wrote:
Frostys Virpio wrote:

For a representative on the CSM. Ya know, the whole reason why the election happen, so the players can choose who will represent them in front of CCP?
Again this represent word?

Has your representative asked you your opinion or views on any issue? Have the CSM as a whole polled the player base on what they want? Did they come to the player with changes CCP was thinking of making and getting our opinion? I see no representation at all in CSM.

For me, I voted for Technical Experts to interface with CCP. Ones I felt were either knowledgeable or brought something to the table. I would have voted for mynnna (Goonswarm and evil of course), if I didn't already believe they were a lock. In game Mynnna would destroy my ships, take all my ISK, and the probably find some way to erase my skill points, but... he knows part of this game that very few do. In his area he is an expert.

He sure doesn't represent me.


Perhaps it could be said that I represent my conception of your (the playerbase's) interests as a whole. That doesn't necessarily include the specific views of any one player.

Since I laid out my conception of that interest in considerable detail in my campaign thread, I think it would be a reasonable inference to make that those who voted for me did so because they generally agreed with that conception and decided that I would be the best (or second best or third best, but at least somewhere, given that it was an STV) person to advocate for their interests to CCP.

Perhaps there are people who voted for me who believe in PvP-flags for hi-sec and banning scams and so on. If so, they chose poorly. Indeed, I actively advised several people not to vote on me on that basis (I told you I was no politician)

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Cebraio
4S Corporation
Goonswarm Federation
#158 - 2013-07-09 13:26:27 UTC
Looser Eto wrote:
OK let's see:

1.
CSM Malcanis is a seasoned EVE player and has been voted by the "veteran" pool

2.
Majority of veteran players take advantage of and make money off newbies in a lot of ways:
- Trade window scams
- Margin trading scams (this is an exploit really)
- Numerous contract scams
- Isk doublers
- Mining "permits"
- ...and the list goes on

3.
On top of that, a lot of "veterans" engage in abusive or bullish actions
- Ship bumping
- Ganking (whilst abusing the game mechanics in HS)
- AWOXing with no possibility for anyone to defend
- Verbally abusing & harassing
- Using excessive profanities in in-game chat channels
- Destroying -at the blink of an eye- corporation economies that have taken months and years and lots of people to build
- ... and much much more

....

Let's see indeed: I am a veteran and I have voted for Malcanis. Yet I have done nothing of the above.

I call bullshit on these alleged facts.

Also:
Looser Eto wrote:

- Margin trading scams (this is an exploit really)

Not an exploit.

Looser Eto wrote:

- Ganking (whilst abusing the game mechanics in HS)

Not abusing mechanics.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#159 - 2013-07-09 13:26:42 UTC
However at no point in my campaign (or at any other time) did I undertake to be nice to people who come to the community with bad ideas that would damage the game just because they couldn't accept that they'd been outplayed by another player.

Not calling bullshit on posts like that would be a betrayal of the people who voted for me.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

CCP Dolan
C C P
C C P Alliance
#160 - 2013-07-09 13:27:09 UTC
Moving this thread to Jita Park.

Also, as the person in charge of the CSM, if you feel that a CSM member has violated the EULA/TOS/NDA or has been particularly offensive in their communication with the player base, feel free to EVE Mail me. I should warn you, however, that I am of a firm belief that CCP selectively excluding CSM's based on their opinions and attitudes is potentially extremely harmful to the institution, and that I will typically only exclude CSM members in the most clear cut of cases.

CCP Dolan | Community Representative

Twitter: @CCPDolan

Gooby pls