These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Tonight's fleet fight in Z9PP-H

First post First post First post
Author
Home brew
Perkone
Caldari State
#121 - 2013-07-05 01:15:15 UTC
The next time something expensive gets tackled and TQ gets DDOS'ed to save it, You will only have yourselves selves to blame CCP...
Shubs
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#122 - 2013-07-05 01:15:26 UTC
Lets be honest CCP, what an absolute JOKE, I wasn't even involved and I'm enraged...

first DDOS and Now this, this games been around for 10 years now and as much as i love it, im surprised!

The amount of constant f**k ups you make are unbelievable (BOOT.ini). for example,
you need to start rewarding your players more for playing a game that's constantly unhinged by disappointment,
and quit boosting balancing then changing it back because it became unbalanced!
surely tonight's experience goes to show, LEAVE THE DAMN GAME ALONE...
I hope you're firing that fat fingered moron that ruined such an amazing spectacle.. just saying
Travasty Space
Pilots of Epic
#123 - 2013-07-05 01:16:10 UTC
Blawrf McTaggart wrote:
Sala Kyss wrote:
Blawrf McTaggart wrote:
Kari Juptris wrote:
Blawrf McTaggart wrote:
I'm gonna sperg a little but will you be considering taking action on the carriers that were tackled, trapped, caged or will you be letting them get away and off scot-free?


They're going to do exactly what they did to those CFC dreads we had tackled the other week.


If they were tackled and dying when the server went down, like yours were, then you should be gifted the kills IMO!


Cool then lets talk about the 10+ CFC supercarriers that were saved from the server crashing. Also the multiple fleets of subs and caps CFC-side. Not to mention, that SBU we were going to kill but server crashed and it went through and reinforced a key system.

Kinda sucks when it happens to ya doesn't it?


again if that's for real then you should have the kills!


I have to disagree as we don't know necessarily how many ships of each side would of been destroyed in the process, with this fleet as an example we were trading quite well with goons and what ship were no longer going to lost to transit(401k camping dat one station and our frig fleet pick peeps off). There is simply no way to be fair about what ships need to be destoryed and what loot is dropped and made available for pick up etc.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#124 - 2013-07-05 01:16:13 UTC
Home brew wrote:
The next time something expensive gets tackled and TQ gets DDOS'ed to save it, You will only have yourselves selves to blame CCP...

Like what, a test carrier fleet?

Wait, they do still have it...

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#125 - 2013-07-05 01:17:41 UTC
Shubs wrote:
Lets be honest CCP, what an absolute JOKE, I wasn't even involved and I'm enraged...

first DDOS and Now this, this games been around for 10 years now and as much as i love it, im surprised!

The amount of constant f**k ups you make are unbelievable (BOOT.ini). for example,
you need to start rewarding your players more for playing a game that's constantly unhinged by disappointment,
and quit boosting balancing then changing it back because it became unbalanced!
surely tonight's experience goes to show, LEAVE THE DAMN GAME ALONE...
I hope you're firing that fat fingered moron that ruined such an amazing spectacle.. just saying

Haha, you think something is actually going to come out of hilariousposting in EVEO general discussion.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Butzewutze
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#126 - 2013-07-05 01:18:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Butzewutze
EVE ONLINE - Where 50k people are playing on the same server but if 10% of these go to the same place the server crashes. Oh... and dont forget that ccp takes your money to improve a product that nobody wants - dust. They delete your boot.ini or get ddosd and call themself competent.

Welcome to EVE Online where ccp shape the outcome of "your" event if you like it or not.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#127 - 2013-07-05 01:20:43 UTC
Butzewutze wrote:
Welcome to EVE Online where ccp shape the outcome of events. Where 50k people are playing on the same server but if 10% of these go to the same place the server crashes. Oh... and dont forget that ccp takes your money to improve a product that nobody wants - dust.

Well it was like 2000+ in local, but who knows how many more were in systems on the same node.

Not anymore.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Shubs
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#128 - 2013-07-05 01:22:02 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Shubs wrote:
Lets be honest CCP, what an absolute JOKE, I wasn't even involved and I'm enraged...

first DDOS and Now this, this games been around for 10 years now and as much as i love it, im surprised!

The amount of constant f**k ups you make are unbelievable (BOOT.ini). for example,
you need to start rewarding your players more for playing a game that's constantly unhinged by disappointment,
and quit boosting balancing then changing it back because it became unbalanced!
surely tonight's experience goes to show, LEAVE THE DAMN GAME ALONE...
I hope you're firing that fat fingered moron that ruined such an amazing spectacle.. just saying

Haha, you think something is actually going to come out of hilariousposting in EVEO general discussion.


You want a sarcastic or serious response to that Goonie?
Hayden Alyaeus
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#129 - 2013-07-05 01:23:36 UTC
The buttmad is strong in these goonies.
Kazzack Attor
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#130 - 2013-07-05 01:27:14 UTC
It's not that CCP shoots itself in the foot when it has the largest possible stage for their game that bothers me... it's how often and eager they seem to be to reload the gun.
SanDooD
Perkone
Caldari State
#131 - 2013-07-05 01:27:52 UTC
In sandbox, noone can hear you ... OH WTF!!! CCP!!! Damn it!
Guttripper
State War Academy
Caldari State
#132 - 2013-07-05 01:29:41 UTC
Since I obviously do not participate in these epic battles, they are always fun to read about afterwards. Similar to how a dirt farmer out in the country reads the evening newspaper describing the politicians in the big city going at it: not involved, barely affected, but beats watching the corn growing every now and then...

Too bad this battle could not have been properly concluded through the server.

Better luck next time?
ISD Tyrozan
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#133 - 2013-07-05 01:30:57 UTC
A threatening post has been deleted.

ISD Tyrozan

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

@ISDTyrozan | @ISD_CCL

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#134 - 2013-07-05 01:31:50 UTC
Shubs wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Shubs wrote:
Lets be honest CCP, what an absolute JOKE, I wasn't even involved and I'm enraged...

first DDOS and Now this, this games been around for 10 years now and as much as i love it, im surprised!

The amount of constant f**k ups you make are unbelievable (BOOT.ini). for example,
you need to start rewarding your players more for playing a game that's constantly unhinged by disappointment,
and quit boosting balancing then changing it back because it became unbalanced!
surely tonight's experience goes to show, LEAVE THE DAMN GAME ALONE...
I hope you're firing that fat fingered moron that ruined such an amazing spectacle.. just saying

Haha, you think something is actually going to come out of hilariousposting in EVEO general discussion.


You want a sarcastic or serious response to that Goonie?

A humorous one would be better. This is after all, for entertainment.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED??!

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#135 - 2013-07-05 01:32:32 UTC
Kazzack Attor wrote:
It's not that CCP shoots itself in the foot when it has the largest possible stage for their game that bothers me... it's how often and eager they seem to be to reload the gun.

Reloaded it with buckshot.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Setaceous
Nexus Prima
#136 - 2013-07-05 01:33:45 UTC
Hayden Alyaeus wrote:
The buttmad is strong in these goonies.

Well it's amusing at least if you're not involved. Another case of player driven content Big smile
GoodSamaritan
Homer Was Wrong
Elysians
#137 - 2013-07-05 01:34:04 UTC
A question then: what (if any) is the process for/evaluation for the need of the kind of action that took the node down earlier? Is there a true metric by which server/node performance is graded that initiates or flags the need for the initiation of this process? Was there a real, measurable threat of a node crash if intervention did not occur?

Anyone, anyone at all?
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#138 - 2013-07-05 01:36:20 UTC
GoodSamaritan wrote:
A question then: what (if any) is the process for/evaluation for the need of the kind of action that took the node down earlier? Is there a true metric by which server/node performance is graded that initiates or flags the need for the initiation of this process? Was there a real, measurable threat of a node crash if intervention did not occur?

Anyone, anyone at all?

You know when Boat was evaluating the situation and then pressed jump instead of bridge?

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

MyBoy friday
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#139 - 2013-07-05 01:36:36 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
If CFC had the same amount of participation in the actual game as they do in this thread; they would have won the Fountain war by now. Blink


According to the metrics that you played by in the war for Tribute, they have won this war.
They've fought every fight outnumbered, and they've killed far more of you than they've lost.
What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Sabrina Scatterbrain
United Souls Research And Development
#140 - 2013-07-05 01:37:38 UTC
ISD Tyrozan wrote:
A threatening post has been deleted.



We have our big boy pants on. We can handle reading interwebz threats.