These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Louis's epic Overview Settings v1.1

Author
Gun'Tahr
Perkone
Caldari State
#61 - 2013-02-27 22:35:54 UTC
Hi Louis! Grate job! Thanks a lot! I'm using your setup and works fine. I am though trying to add one extra filter but I'm having some difficulty to find how to do this maybe you can help me: I'm interested in having only one type of ore in the overview, like, dens veldspar or massive scordite, and not the whole group like scordite, massive scordite and condensed scordite. i assume I'd have to delete some of those groups from the mining filter in the xml and leave just the one I'm interested in, but I can't even find a list that would tell me which id is what. Is it even possible to do this? Or for EVE scordite end condensed scordate are one and the same?
Giuseppe Ottaviani
Its in the air.. and out
#62 - 2013-02-28 14:25:22 UTC
is there any way to only show war targets and flashy red and suspects etc? Make life a lot easier in Jita lol

Usually i start the month with a postman!

Ducard Alvare
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#63 - 2013-03-08 00:08:39 UTC
Just wanted to say thank you. I'm a new player and this was IMMENSELY helpful, especially with being able to play with all the filters. xD

Hope you keep this updated!
Gerd Dostlar
Infinite Choices
Evictus.
#64 - 2013-04-15 09:57:46 UTC
Papa Sotken wrote:
Thanks for this post was exactly what i was looking for. All of my overview tabs nicely done with little hassle to me.

I spent hours doing it myself and they sucked.


^
This.

Thank you so very much.
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#65 - 2013-04-16 00:23:31 UTC
Giuseppe Ottaviani wrote:
is there any way to only show war targets and flashy red and suspects etc? Make life a lot easier in Jita lol

Unfortunately no. This has long been a complaint of hisec pilots.
Taliah Meyhin
#66 - 2013-06-01 17:25:10 UTC
Do you think the upcoming Odyssey expansion will require Louis's epic Overview Settings to be updated ?
Malaclypse Thorn
Reckless Insurgence
Freight Train Diplomacy
#67 - 2013-06-04 15:54:14 UTC
Damn, my overview is broken again after odyssey :/
Professor X Ray
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#68 - 2013-06-07 11:36:30 UTC
Can we get an update pls?

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f**k with me, I will kill you all." - General Mattis

Enockx Kaine
Doomheim
#69 - 2013-06-12 03:40:15 UTC
Whoa....I just found this.

So what's the verdict? Did Odyssey mess this up? SHOULD I download it now or should I wait?
Enockx Kaine
Doomheim
#70 - 2013-06-13 03:11:58 UTC
Sooooooooooo



anyone have any comments? Will this even work if I download it or do I have to wait for an Odyssey update?
Enockx Kaine
Doomheim
#71 - 2013-06-18 03:12:59 UTC
why can't i get this to work?
Ace Menda
Gemini Lounge
#72 - 2013-06-18 11:53:12 UTC
Enockx Kaine wrote:
why can't i get this to work?


Import the XML file while in game.

And I dont know if it needs an update. Been a long time ago since I used Louis' settings. On the other hand all my pre oddessey settings still work as intended.

Are you in need of some nice chat? Are you new and want some help? Look no further and join: Crazy Dutch Guy

Enockx Kaine
Doomheim
#73 - 2013-06-18 20:56:54 UTC
Ace Menda wrote:
Enockx Kaine wrote:
why can't i get this to work?


Import the XML file while in game.

And I dont know if it needs an update. Been a long time ago since I used Louis' settings. On the other hand all my pre oddessey settings still work as intended.



I tried to do exactly what he said...you know all his directions, but when I go to the place on the overview where it says "import settings" there is nothing there. What am I doing wrong?
Ace Menda
Gemini Lounge
#74 - 2013-06-18 22:54:43 UTC
Enockx Kaine wrote:
Ace Menda wrote:
Enockx Kaine wrote:
why can't i get this to work?


Import the XML file while in game.

And I dont know if it needs an update. Been a long time ago since I used Louis' settings. On the other hand all my pre oddessey settings still work as intended.



I tried to do exactly what he said...you know all his directions, but when I go to the place on the overview where it says "import settings" there is nothing there. What am I doing wrong?


Have you saved it in the correct location on your hard drive.

It has to be saved in the overview folder.

My Documents > EVE > Overview is default IIRC

Are you in need of some nice chat? Are you new and want some help? Look no further and join: Crazy Dutch Guy

Enockx Kaine
Doomheim
#75 - 2013-06-19 03:12:21 UTC
dude i have tried everywhere. I can't get it to import.
Enochx Kaine
Doomheim
#76 - 2013-06-19 20:36:45 UTC
Ace Menda wrote:
Enockx Kaine wrote:
Ace Menda wrote:
Enockx Kaine wrote:
why can't i get this to work?


Import the XML file while in game.

And I dont know if it needs an update. Been a long time ago since I used Louis' settings. On the other hand all my pre oddessey settings still work as intended.



I tried to do exactly what he said...you know all his directions, but when I go to the place on the overview where it says "import settings" there is nothing there. What am I doing wrong?


Have you saved it in the correct location on your hard drive.

It has to be saved in the overview folder.

My Documents > EVE > Overview is default IIRC



What does "IIRC" mean?

I have gone through every which way I can find for anything to do with EvE under my user name and my docs. I have added the overview folder and I unzipped it inside teh folder, outside teh folder and in-between the folder. I even downloaded Rawarr (or whatever he reccommended for unzipping files even though I don't need it). I don't know. I MUST be doing something wrong.
Enochx Kaine
Doomheim
#77 - 2013-06-20 04:17:00 UTC
WHOOOO HOOOOO I FINALLY DID IT. THANK THE LORD
Goss Vigo
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#78 - 2013-06-22 10:12:55 UTC
Thanks for this, big help to a new Capsuleer :)
Meridius Dex
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#79 - 2013-06-23 15:29:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Meridius Dex
I have just returned to the game after 2+ years away and my old overview settings obviously will no longer work. Can anyone confirm this overview set will work post-Odyssey?
Enochx Kaine
Doomheim
#80 - 2013-06-30 02:46:16 UTC
these current settings seem to work fine with odyssey. I mean I am new and this is the first time I have used them, but they seem to work for me.