These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

CCP- what r you guys thinking towards marauders? not finished stats, just general role change

First post First post
Author
Nikk Narrel
Moonlit Bonsai
#121 - 2013-06-19 01:08:59 UTC
Fix the sensor nerf. Add a covert jump drive. No, don't put he covert cloak on this.

There is your attack black ops.

Heck, that would rock.

On a side note, it occurs to me if the combat recons could be covert bridged, it would justify the recon name.
Make a nice wingman.

Paladin and a curse popping over by covert cyno. Or maybe that golem and a rook... devastating combinations.
Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#122 - 2013-06-19 01:16:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Alvatore DiMarco
We already have battleships equipped with covert jump drives. Unless you're proposing that the Black Ops have its toes thoroughly stepped on, the only way to be sneaky is with a covops cloak and the ability to be covert bridged but not open a bridge itself.

Recon ships are beyond the scope of this thread, but my personal opinion is that they desperately need to have their classes merged the way Command Ships are getting, with both recons able to fit covops cloaks and having appropriate bonuses.
Caleb Seremshur
Naked Oiled Bodybuilders
Parasitic Legion.
#123 - 2013-06-19 03:03:07 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Caleb Seremshur wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
I have a suspicion I know what the idea is

If I'm right, it's not about making the Golem better at PvE.


/snip

Therefore in my mind it makes sense to move the golem away from competing with other ships for the same job and make them like HACs, a catagory above the ship class it comes from. Whether it gets used in pvp or pve is up to the decision of the user but in no way should T2 be designed specifically for pve activity.



It's like you read what I said and concluded the exact opposite.

OK man


Probably but I thought that expanding on what I have been trying to say would be worthwhile for others.
Caleb Seremshur
Naked Oiled Bodybuilders
Parasitic Legion.
#124 - 2013-06-19 03:19:30 UTC
Making a combat/attack blackops ship is a worthy consideration but not quite what marauders should become I think.

Delineating your t2 ships you have in a very rough sense many combat classes and most of these are centralised around PVP activity. Some of these ships get re-fit to do PVE work but it is uncommon and sometimes the T1 hulls are better at it. It all gets a bit hazy once you hit battleships because they are at the top of the pyramid, there are only 12 t1 battleship hulls in the game compared with 16 cruisers, 28 frigates and 12 battlecruisers.

When rebalancing t1 battleships occured we see a shift in focus toward higher damage output, easier damage application and an over-all reduction in EHP partially through resist nerfs and partially through stat line changes. If T2 is supposed to be a facet of the t1 hull taken in one direction to the point of specialisation then the following T2 lines of HAC/Recon/Interdictor are the most appropriate ones to use because they are totally PVP centric.

One way to look at it is: what key roles should we be taking from cruisers and be extrapolating on to battleships?

Blackops: oversized recon ships. Remain much as they are now. Maybe make them a bit more glass cannon.

Marauder: oversized HACs. Current bonuses reviewed and changed towards having (at max skills) an effective of 12 guns/launchers. Relevant tanking slots should be at 8 minimum with secondary tank/utility slots reduced to 4. T2 resist profiles similar to HACs although perhaps slightly lower (eg for kronos therm/kinetic resists *not* above 60% natively). Currently only pirate ships approach this level of power, but are often more forgiving in terms of fittings and have more utilitarian bonuses for ganks.

And finally your battleship interdictor: supertanked, sub-par dps and maybe a range bonus to HICtor points. How you would balance this particular breed of battleship I will leave to the think-tank.
Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#125 - 2013-06-19 05:44:51 UTC
Given the thoroughly unique roles of dictors and hictors, adding tankier ships that perform the exact same function would very, very likely obsolete the smaller, weaker ships. Why bring something with a cruiser supertank when you can bring something with a battleship supertank?
Caleb Seremshur
Naked Oiled Bodybuilders
Parasitic Legion.
#126 - 2013-06-19 08:38:24 UTC
I don't fly dictors so I wouldn't know. Maybe because sig bloom means capital guns can hit them?
0racle
Galactic Rangers
Already Replaced.
#127 - 2013-06-19 14:11:48 UTC
Kagura Nikon wrote:
Keep as they are.. but give 6 weapons to each and recon level resitances. And a tracking penalty of 80% :P

That's literally awful.
0racle
Galactic Rangers
Already Replaced.
#128 - 2013-06-19 14:13:41 UTC  |  Edited by: 0racle
Melek D'Ivri wrote:

Golem (A MISSILE BOAT) Example:
25% More susceptible to player tracking disruption
100% bonus to cruise missile and torpedo damage
100% bonus to range and velocity of tractor beams


Bro.
Jerick Ludhowe
Internet Tuff Guys
#129 - 2013-06-19 14:16:19 UTC
Caleb Seremshur wrote:


And finally your battleship interdictor: supertanked, sub-par dps and maybe a range bonus to HICtor points. How you would balance this particular breed of battleship I will leave to the think-tank.


Nope, no need to replace hics with bs sized hics...
Mole Guy
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#130 - 2013-06-19 14:17:45 UTC
dictors are fast and drop a 30 sec bubble. no sig radius penalty
hics can permabubble, are highly mobile, but cant mwd or burn effectively. sig penalty. with t2 and max skillz, it can throw a huge bubble.
if we had a bs hic, it would be immobile, but could perma bubble the size of a t2 large. it should be able to bring up and let down its bubble without the 5 minute anchor of a t2 large.

good tank, great resists, lower dps. not able to rr while in bubble mode.

would be great for leaving at a gate cloaked while you are expecting enemy reinforcements to come fight over a pos. have some bombers standing by and when they jump in, evryone uncloak and bubble for 40+km. bombs away...

i dont see this though even though i want one. hics do a great job.
the t2 hac might be a thing.

i think they will stick with the exploration side. self supportive. scanner, maybe jump drive.
Debora Tsung
Perkone
Caldari State
#131 - 2013-06-19 14:58:14 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
We're working on a pretty cool concept for them but it's too early to announce anything.

:ultra tease:


Great. Now I wish You wouldn't have said anything. I'll have to wonder in amazement at what my marauder might be after the rebalance and imagine ever more awesome stuff about it until I can't wait to see the actual changes.

And then, when You're finally anouncing the changes for real I'll join the disapointed masses and cry out in desparation for more awesomeness for my favourite T2 Battleship because in all that time I got really hyped about all the possible changes that will ever happen. -.-

Stupidity should be a bannable offense.

Fighting back is more fun than not.

Sticky: AFK Cloaking Thread It's not pretty, but it's there.

Nikk Narrel
Moonlit Bonsai
#132 - 2013-06-19 15:00:10 UTC
Give it a HUGE smartbomb.

40KM range, (20KM radius)

But multispectrum, and friendly boats would be just as much at risk as hostile.

Vulnerable strategy, if used at a gatecamp? (everyone thinks of gate camps for this stuff...)
Others can send in a decoy, waste the bomb on them, and the really high value target skates through after. Noone would be inside the 40KM range except the Marauder, with a BS's notoriously slow lock time.
Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#133 - 2013-06-19 15:47:42 UTC
Nikk Narrel wrote:
Give it a HUGE smartbomb.

40KM range, (20KM radius)

But multispectrum, and friendly boats would be just as much at risk as hostile.

Vulnerable strategy, if used at a gatecamp? (everyone thinks of gate camps for this stuff...)
Others can send in a decoy, waste the bomb on them, and the really high value target skates through after. Noone would be inside the 40KM range except the Marauder, with a BS's notoriously slow lock time.

we could, like, put a sword on it so you can stab motherfuckers to death...

I should buy an Ishtar.

Nikk Narrel
Moonlit Bonsai
#134 - 2013-06-19 16:17:10 UTC
Daniel Plain wrote:
Nikk Narrel wrote:
Give it a HUGE smartbomb.

40KM range, (20KM radius)

But multispectrum, and friendly boats would be just as much at risk as hostile.

Vulnerable strategy, if used at a gatecamp? (everyone thinks of gate camps for this stuff...)
Others can send in a decoy, waste the bomb on them, and the really high value target skates through after. Noone would be inside the 40KM range except the Marauder, with a BS's notoriously slow lock time.

we could, like, put a sword on it so you can stab motherfuckers to death...

T2 ships are supposed to represent an extreme direction, as opposed to the basic generalized nature of T1 ships, and the boosted faction with generally superior overall stats.

Plus, what range would the sword have?
Would the Amarr version be a light saber?
CCP Ytterbium
C C P
C C P Alliance
#135 - 2013-06-19 17:32:55 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
We're working on a pretty cool concept for them but it's too early to announce anything.

:ultra tease:


Ok, we'll tell you, it's less early now.

What we currently have planned for them is
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#136 - 2013-06-19 17:38:51 UTC
CCP Ytterbium wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
We're working on a pretty cool concept for them but it's too early to announce anything.

:ultra tease:


Ok, we'll tell you, it's less early now.

What we currently have planned for them is


how to insult a french man.

tell him you spit on his cheese and gargle his wine! X

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Omnathious Deninard
Ministry of Silly Walks.
The Gurlstas Associates
#137 - 2013-06-19 17:40:54 UTC
CCP Ytterbium wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
We're working on a pretty cool concept for them but it's too early to announce anything.

:ultra tease:


Ok, we'll tell you, it's less early now.

What we currently have planned for them is

Look here!

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Mole Guy
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#138 - 2013-06-19 19:52:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Mole Guy
listen here, frenchie!
i can send the lynch mob to your house too once its done with fozzie...
Big smile
i will bring my t1 industrial over and nos you to death..

i better not see rise on here next talking trash or i will make TONS more idle threats against you guys...
Evil


Cool
Mole Guy
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#139 - 2013-06-19 19:57:18 UTC
Nikk Narrel wrote:
Daniel Plain wrote:
Nikk Narrel wrote:
Give it a HUGE smartbomb.

40KM range, (20KM radius)

But multispectrum, and friendly boats would be just as much at risk as hostile.

Vulnerable strategy, if used at a gatecamp? (everyone thinks of gate camps for this stuff...)
Others can send in a decoy, waste the bomb on them, and the really high value target skates through after. Noone would be inside the 40KM range except the Marauder, with a BS's notoriously slow lock time.

we could, like, put a sword on it so you can stab motherfuckers to death...

T2 ships are supposed to represent an extreme direction, as opposed to the basic generalized nature of T1 ships, and the boosted faction with generally superior overall stats.

Plus, what range would the sword have?
Would the Amarr version be a light saber?

LOL @ light saber

i want a light saber. call it a new defense weapon. blocks incoming lasers and redirects them in a random direction. great for incursions and sansha rats
Sanny Business
Doomheim
#140 - 2013-06-26 18:01:24 UTC
can we know it noooooow????